The Lost World is a novel released in 1912 by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle concerning an expedition to a plateau in the Amazon basin of South America where prehistoric animals (dinosaurs and other extinct creatures) still survive.
It was originally published serially in the popular Strand Magazine and illustrated by New-Zealand-born artist Harry Rountree during the months of April-November 1912. The character of Professor Challenger was introduced in this book. The novel also describes a war between indigenous people and a vicious tribe of ape-like creatures.
Cover by the lovely @FaithMurri.
- Chapter 1- "THERE ARE HEROISMS ALL AROUND US"
- Chapter 2- "TRY YOUR LUCK WITH PROFESSOR CHALLENGER"
- Chapter 3- "HE'S A PERFECTLY IMPOSSIBLE PERSON"
- Chapter 4- "IT'S JUST THE VERY BIGGEST THING IN THE WORLD"
- Chapter 5- "QUESTION"
- Chapter 6- "I WAS THE FLAIL OF THE LORD"
- Chapter 7- "TOMORROW WE DISAPPEAR INTO THE UNKNOWN"
- Chapter 8- "THE OUTLYING PICKETS OF THE NEW WORLD"
- Chapter 9- "WHO COULD HAVE FORESEEN IT?"
- Chapter 10- "THE MOST WONDERFUL THINGS HAVE HAPPENED"
- Chapter 11- "FOR ONCE I WAS THE HERO"
- Chapter 12- "IT WAS DREADFUL IN THE FOREST"
- Chapter 13- "A SIGHT THAT I SHALL NEVER FORGET"
- Chapter 14- "THOSE WERE THE REAL CONQUESTS"
- Chapter 15- "OUR EYES HAVE SEEN GREAT WONDERS"
- Chapter 16- "A PROCESSION! A PROCESSION!"