Falling for the Monster (TVD...

By KaylaB_95

Sarafina was a normal high school student, she had great friends and a loving family. But what happens when t... More

Falling for the Monster (vampire diaries fanfic) Preview
Chapter One - You ever do that to me again, I SWEAR!
Chapter Two - Funeral and a carnival? Joy...
Chapter Three - It comes in threes
Chapter Four - Masquerading it up!!
Chapter Five - Kidnapped, Vampires, Curse...
Chapter Six - Life in turmoil
Chapter Seven - And I was a dog person...
Chapter Eight - Dining with Vampires
Chapter Nine - Unwanted Visitor
Chapter Ten - (filler chapter)
Chapter Eleven - Klaus
Chapter Twelve - Two originals in one day?
Chapter Thirteen - The sacrifice
Chapter Fourteen - Our not so normal day
Writers blabla
Chapter One - Gilbert pains..
Chapter Two - Ermm hiking?
Chapter Three - Im not good at distracting...
Chapter Four - Chili
Chapter Five - Prank night disaster
Chapter Six - Kidnapped by an Original
Chapter Seven - Returning home, confused feelings?
Chapter Eight - Life's a bitch
Chapter Nine - Spiral downwards
Chapter Ten - Down, and more down...
Chapter Eleven - Bathing with an Original?!
Chapter Twelve - A ball to remember, feelings arising...
Chapter Thirteen - Confused thoughts...
Christmas Special!! :D
Chapter 14 - Dilemmas staring to arise
Chapter 15 - A monster within
Chapter 16 - A new side to him
Chapter 17 - Doing whatever it takes
Chapter 19 - A moment of weakness
Chapter 20 - Pain comes in all shapes and sizes
Chapter 21 - The end is only the beginning...
End!!! - Authors note -

Chapter 18 - The original witch causing trouble

26.1K 499 50
By KaylaB_95

-//- Sara’s pov -//-

“So Alaric is trying to pull himself together? Why is that a bad thing?” Caroline asked curiously staring over at Elena.

Elena shrugged her shoulders “Just I wish there was something I could do…” I nodded in slight agreement as I grabbed a hold of a chandelier “Where do you want me to hang this thing?” I questioned Caroline turning to her.

She looked at it before snapping “You know what? If Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity, she should have shown up to do it herself!” She grabbed the chandelier off of me handing it to someone else, her face contorted into disgust as she groaned “Just no” I laughed along with Elena as Caroline shook her head.

“What are you doing? You can't just hang them. They're supposed to trickle down” Caroline cried out to Jeremy and Matt, I laughed softly “Look at them all bromancey”

Elena nodded her head “Yeah, I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the grill” Caroline glanced at her “That was nice of him” Elena nodded her head again “Mm-hmm. Jeremy's got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out”

Caroline twisted a strand of her hair in her hand “You sure it had nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?” Elena’s eyes flickered to the ground as she gave a small groan “I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it”

I laughed patting her shoulder “Ah, what are friends for?” I smirked as she scowled at me before deciding to change the subject “So who you bringing to the dance?”

“What do you mean? I thought you, Bonnie, Care and I was going as girl dates” Elena queried tilting her head. Caroline shook her head as she leant against a table “Bonnie has a date and Sara is taking Kyle

Elena frowned, her bottom lip jutting out “What?”

I shrugged my shoulders “Yeah Kyle needs to get out of the house and Rebekah has got her eye on him, and that shall not be happening since the bitch almost killed me!” Elena nodded her head in understanding “What about Bonnie?”

Caroline ran a hand through her hair “Jamie called and wanted to see her, so she asked him. So here's a thought. Why don't you ask Stefan?” Elena pouted slightly sighing with a shake of her head “I... I can't ask him on a date. I just made out with his brother”

“All the more reason, like, you're supposed to be figuring out what you want. That's what Stefan wanted you to do, right?” Caroline retorted Elena scowled slightly “Yeah, but...” Caroline snorted rolling her eyes “But nothing. I've watched "The Bachelor". Ok, fair is fair. It is Stefan's turn”

Elena laughed lightly “Yeah, and you're not biased or anything” I smirked listening to them deciding not to add into the conversation. Caroline sighed placing her hands on her hips “I'm sorry, but Stefan is your epic love. And I'm not going down without a fight”

~

-//- Third person -//-

Matt laughed along with Caroline he shook his head slightly looking around the room a frown made its way onto his face “What's he doing here?” Caroline followed his gaze a small gasp passing her lips without a word to Matt she walked over to him grabbing hold of his arm “Are you crazy? If Klaus sees you...”

Tyler rolled his eyes “What's he gonna do? Draw you another picture?” Caroline scowled at him “Tyler, this isn't a joke” Tyler sighed softly rubbing her arm “I could pretend I'm sired if I have to. But I'm not gonna hide while he's macking all over Sara and using you to get a reaction out of her…

“Tyler... You do not need to be jealous of Klaus” Caroline muttered softly.

He shook his head “I am jealous, but I'm also competitive, so hang on. I'm about to sweep you off your feet and keep my best friend away from that ass!” He grabbed her into his arms spinning her round softly, both of them laughing.

Frome across the room Sara grinned laughing along with her brother something in her gut told her to look round so she did a small smile graced her lips as she muttered “Is that Tyler?” Before hearing the reply from her brother she walked over to him.

Tyler spun Caroline around but stopped seeing Sara the two stood there staring at one another before they rushed into an embrace. After a few seconds they both pulled away awkwardly “Err sorry...” They muttered simultaneously.

“It’s going to be awkward for a while isn’t it...” Tyler mumbled.

Sara nodded her head “Probably...” She ran a hand through her curled hair shuffling side to side awkwardly looking to the left she saw Stefan and Elena “Oh there's Elena I’ll see you guys later, have fun!" And with that she turned away from them glad to be free from the awkwardness.

Elena squealed slightly when she saw her “Ooo you look nice!” Sara laughed softly shaking her head replying “Thanks! You too” Elena shifted her gaze between Stefan and Sara, nibbling her lower she abruptly said “I’m going to get a drink, you guys have a dance, chat you know... Have fun!”

The two watched her walk away, Stefan chuckled lowly “She is trying to fix us”

“Yeah...” Sara replied awkwardly not realising that she walked away from Tyler’s awkwardness only to get Stefan’s… She looked to the dance floor watching everyone attempting to dance like they did in the 20’s, she smiled turning to Stefan “Teach me some moves?”

Stefan shook his head raising his hands in the air “Oh, no, no, no, no. I, uh... I blacked out for most of this decade, remember?” Sara smirked grabbing his arm “Nice try pretty boy...” She murmured teasingly as she pulled him to the dance floor. They started to dance with each other Stefan occasionally showing her move, but they weren’t dancing long in till the music changed into a slow one.

Stefan held out his hand to her, she smiled softly taking it allowing him to pull her towards him as they swayed side to side in rhythm to the music. They danced in silence in till Stefan said “Bonnie seems happy” Sara nodded her head slowly “She's working on it…”

“I've been meaning to talk to her, apologize... Apologise to you...” He mumbled lowly. Sara nodded “Yeah, you should apologise to her. Although I wouldn't expect her to forgive you or Damon...” She paused for a little bit just swaying to the music before adding “Listen, Stefan, how about we forget everything that has happened when you were your other self...”

He shook his head in protest “I hurt you Sara, badly I took away a part of you. You can’t forgive me for that...”

Sara smiled sadly “I’m not saying I’m going to forgive you Stefan, but we can work on it...” She shrugged her shoulders slightly Stefan smiled lightly pulling her in close before spinning her out then pulling her back in. She laughed softly shaking her head but stopped seeing Stefan looking over her shoulder following his gaze she saw Damon and Elena.

Damon’s face was that of seriousness, he looked to Stefan then indicated that him, Elena and Stefan needed to talk “We three need to talk” Sara got the hint so removing herself from Stefan’s arms she smiled at them both “I’ll see you guys later…” 

~

-//- Klaus’s pov -//-

I entered the dance my eyes scanning around the hall I smirked slightly feeling a wave of nostalgia come over me seeing everyone in 20’s wear. I chuckled softly as a group of girls walked past me their eyes wandering over me I shook my head slightly walking over to the punch bowl bringing a drink up to my lips when a scent hit me.

Turning I looked round my stomach swirling seeing Sara walking across the dance floor, her hair was curled to perfection she had on a black dress that went down to her mid-thigh, black net tights covered her slender tanned legs on her hands were black velvet gloves that resided to her elbows. She looked beautiful.

I watched as she walked over to Tyler and Caroline, the couple turned to her with a smile which she returned. She shrugged her shoulder with a nonchalant air “Hey guys... Three way?”

Caroline laughed reaching out and grabbing her hand pulling her into them “Get in here!" She chimed out in a perky voice, Sara giggled softly as the three of them danced together. I moved away from the drinks table heading over to them, Tyler looked over the girl’s shoulders seeing I, Caroline noticed his expression as she asked “What is it?” The two girls turned both tensing seeing me.

“Where have you been, mate?” I asked Tyler tilting my head slightly to the left.

Tyler glanced at the two girls either side of him before replying “I just got back in town” I nodded slowly crossing my arms “That's funny. I don't recall giving you permission to leave in the first place.” I growled bluntly, My eyes wandered over Sara taking all of her appearance in up close I was going to ask her to dance but the look in her eyes told me that she didn’t want me near her at the moment and that made an anger swirl inside of me. So instead I looked directly at Tyler before indicating to Caroline “You don't mind if I cut in, do you?”

An uncomfortable look spread across Sara’s face as she looked between the two “Uh...” She started but was cut off by Caroline snapping “Yes, actually, we do”

I looked to Tyler raising my eyebrow, he sighed shaking his head “No.  It’s fine” Caroline scowled placing her hands on her hips “Why do you always have to prove you're the alpha male?” I smirked glancing at Sara again as I replied “I don't have to prove anything, love. I am the alpha male.” Sara’s eyes wavered slightly I swore her eyes flickered with a challenge as if she wanted to question my authority.

I shook my head pulling my gaze away from her putting it onto Caroline feeling “Come on. One Dance. I won't bite” I raised my hand up for her to take, Caroline looked to Tyler before taking it. I smiled slightly leading her to the dance floor pulling her to me as we started to dance.

My eyes flickered over to see Tyler’s reaction he stood there with a locked jaw and clenched fists, Sara lightly wrapped her arm through his pulling his attention onto her as she asked “What are they saying Ty?” Tyler looked over to us so I knew he was listening to our conversation.

“You would have loved the 1920s, Caroline. Girls were reckless, sexy, fun. They literally used to dance until they dropped” I muttered to her, spinning her round.

Caroline snorted “Heh. I don't suppose that ever happened to their dance partners” She growled in reply. I chuckled lowly “Maybe I should have asked Sara to dance... She looks ravishing tonight” In the corner of my eye I saw Tyler grip hold of Sara pulling him close to her, his eyes flashing the slightest yellow on hearing my words.

“I’m surprised you’re letting her near Tyler” I added slowly “No offence to you Caroline but if I was Tyler I would have fallen for her a long time ago” I smirked watching their expression Tyler winced whilst Caroline glowered “Why don’t you go stake yourself!” She hissed violently.

I chuckled “You should be nicer to me. I'm leaving town tomorrow...”

She smirked “Well that’s a shame I’ll tell Sara you said bye” I smirked back at her casually replying “I was thinking of inviting her to come with me, but we both know she’s not ready to accept my offer. Perhaps one day, in a year or even a century, she'll show up at my door and let me show her what the world has to offer.”

Caroline’s jaw set as her lips formed into a thin line “I won’t let that happen” She growled in determination. I glared at her pulling away “You mark my words Caroline.... Small-town boys, small-town life, it won't be enough for her...” I turned walking away from her listening to Tyler and Sara.

Sara’s soft voice entered my ears “Tyler, what were they talking about?” Tyler’s voice came in a quick gruff reply “Nothing interesting... Don’t worry about it” 

~

-//- Third person -//-

Damon wandered over to Sara taking a hold of her arm pulling her with him into the cafeteria she scowled but didn’t pull away from him “What’s going on Damon?” She muttered drowsily. He looked down at her frowning seeing her looking so tired but he shook it off quickly explaining “Esther has put a spell on the school so Bonnie is trying to Break it” Sara nodded her head slowly thinking what he said over as they entered the cafeteria.

Jamie’s eyes flickered over to Bonnie as she stood behind a table looking at her spell book as she muttered some words he shuffled nervously asking “She does this all the time, right?” Sara smiled warmly at him nodding her head “She’ll be fine”

Klaus paced backwards and forwards growing agitated “What's taking so long? All boundary spells have a loophole” He growled out just as Matt walked in the blonde ran a hand through his head before saying “People are walking right out of the dance, past the barrier”

"Well, if Matt and I can leave, we could stop Esther ourselves. We just gotta find out where she is” Jeremy replied.

Stefan quickly shook his head from his position of leaning against the wall “Suicide, Jeremy”

All of a sudden Klaus rushed forwards grabbing a hold of Jamie lifting him into the air, strangling him. He looked at everyone in the room growling “Suicide would be disappointing me. Now work your magic, witch, or I'll start killing people you fancy”

Bonnie glowered over at him “Let him go” Klaus shook his head raising Jamie more into the air “Not until you get us out of here”

“Ah, don't be stupid, Klaus. Bonnie doesn't give a damn about us. The only reason she's helping right now is to save Caroline and Tyler. If you start killing the people she cares about, she'll tell us all to go to hell” Stefan muttered slowly with a roll of his eyes Klaus scowled but released Jamie. Jamie grabbed his throat gasping for air, his eyes slightly wide.

Sara watched them all silently, her knees suddenly wobbled as she placed a hand to her head, she stumbled backwards but was caught by Jeremy he looked down at her concern spreading across his face “Whoa Sara… You okay?”

All of the people in the room turned to look at her so she quickly nodded her head pushing herself away from his hold mumbling “Yeah I’m fine…” But inside she didn’t know if she was fine, she felt as if all her energy was being drained from her but she didn’t want to cause any more worry so she kept the fake smile on her lips brushing away all their concerns. 

~

-//- Sara’s pov -//-

I watched as Bonnie took a map from the wall putting it down on a table in one of the classrooms, I sat on a desk my feet balancing on the chair. It wasn’t long in till Damon and Klaus walked into the room, Damon was holding onto a vial of blood “Here. Jeremy made a little gilbert blood donation for your locater spell”

Bonnie took a hold of the vial feeling the two of them watching her, she sighed in annoyance “I have to do this with you two lurking over me?” Damon shrugged his shoulder before crossing his arms “You're still mad at me for what happened to Abby. Let me apologize. I'm sorry Elijah forced us to turn your mother into a vampire to save Elena's life. Didn't exactly have a choice”

“There's always a choice. Whenever you make one, someone else suffers” She replied curtly. Klaus frowned rolling his eyes “Let's cut the dramatics and begin, shall we?”

I scowled at the two of them before snapping “How about you both back off!” My eyes were narrowed at the two vampires as they both looked at me.

Bonnie exhaled as she poured the blood onto the map, casting a spell but the blood doesn’t move she frowns slightly “Esther's fighting me” Klaus looked at her “Esther couldn't possibly have this much power. No, she's channelling something…”

Bonnie nodded “A hotspot, but something else… Or someone else” I tilted my head asking “The Bennet line?” She shook her head “No she can’t do that anymore”

Klaus looked at the map before saying “Get the humans ready. I know where she is.” 

 ~

I stood beside Stefan partially leaning on him as another wave of drowsiness overcame me Klaus looked over to us before stating bluntly “You know, this is your fault. You set us on this path when you released my mother. I wonder if revenge will prove worth the cost”

Stefan breathed in “As far as Esther, we've stopped her before, we'll stop her again” Klaus smiled slightly “We are strange bedfellows, you and I. You know, all of this reminds me of our time together in the twenties”

“You say that like I'm supposed to have happy memories about it” Stefan replied gruffly, he glanced down at me snaking his arm around my waist clearly seeing my eyes glazing over. Klaus shrugged his shoulders “Well, there were moments, real friendship, brotherhood”

Damon soon appeared hearing Klaus’s sentence “Oh, he already has a brother. Not to be, you know, territorial or anything” Klaus smirked with a laugh “Oh, no, of course. The Salvatore’s and their unshakeable bond I wonder what'll happen when Elena finally makes her choice. Will we see you shake just a little bit?”

I frowned shaking my head mumbling “Can you guys please stop all of your talking is giving me a headache…” The three males looked at me Damon was about to reply but stopped hearing Bonnie coming over to us. She looked round at the four of us “It's done. Esther's not fighting me anymore. The boundary spell is broken”

Klaus nodded his head to her before giving me a glance he seemed as if he was about to say something but Stefan’s grip on my waist tightened and Damon partially stepped in front of me. He let out a small exhale before completely disappearing.

Stefan removed his arm from my waist turning to Bonnie “Thank you, Bonnie. For everything” She looked at him before replying curtly “I didn't do it for you” She slipped her hand round my forearm pulling me away from them, we turned down a corridor heading towards where Caroline and Tyler would be, but something overcame me.

I yanked my arm out of Bonnie’s hold using that hand to grab my head, my world started to spin “Whoa…” My body collapsed against the lockers to my left all energy being sucked from my body a groan passed my lips as I muttered out “What the hell?”

Bonnie turned to me grabbing hold of my arms “Sara? Sara!” She called out giving me a small shake. I shook my head pulling myself away from her standing up straight, I breathed in deeply running my hands through my hair “I’m fine… I just went a bit dizzy…”

 ~

We arrived at the crypt everyone stood there with small sad smiles on their faces as Ric came out, I wandered over to him knowing it was my turn to say goodbye “Hey...” I whispered softly, he smiled slightly “Hey” his expression turned to one of concern as he placed his hand onto my shoulder “Are you okay I’m so sorry...”

I frowned “Sorry for what?”

“Esther she channelled you, I don’t know why but she said something about your life source I-“ He started to babble rushing his words, I smiled shaking my head making him stop “Hey don’t worry about it, it doesn’t matter” He smiled at me as I smiled back, I awkwardly pulled him into a hug wrapping my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist “I’m going to miss you Ric…” I whispered under my breath.

~

I opened the door to my home rubbing my temples as I did so, slipping off my shoes and putting my bag down I started to make my way up the stairs, on getting half way up my world spun again “What’s happening to me...” I groaned clutching onto the hand rail.

All of a sudden my breath got caught in my throat as a roaring pain hit me hard in my chest, panicking I shouted out for Kyle “Kyle!” My legs started to shake not being able to keep my body upwards, so I slowly sunk to the ground clutching onto the stairs as everything around me spun, using one hand to clutch my head I called out again.

“Kyle”

“Ky...” I whispered as I slipped into darkness my body going numb. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hope you liked! Its slightly rushed but I want to get to the next chapter :D Please comment/vote <3 

Sara's outfit is in the comments below :) Oh does anyone know how to put gifs together? 

Oh in the next one who wants a Klaus and Sara romantic/lustful moment? ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.7K 1.5K 48
After turning into a ripper Aria finds it difficult not to go insane. She's a ripper with her emotions and it's driving her to insanity. All the guil...
27.1K 633 33
You always thought your love story was epic. It started with a boy and a curse. For centuries, it survived every obstacle. Until it didn't. What happ...
3.6K 77 5
Everything has changed. My body, my desires, my appetite. My soul. Is this why I run? I'm leaving my home of Mystic Falls, running from myself, the m...
14.2K 216 16
Diana is a 17 year old normal salvatore girl.. or thats what they thought. Diana got adopted by Giuseppe and Lily Salvatore after her parents died, t...