Falling For Thy Enemy

By alwaysren

#8 in TeenFiction (19.12.25) When two people who can't get along are supposed to act civil while living toget... More

The Character Chart
Falling For Thy Enemy
Author's Notes
Cast
1 : Lucked Out
2 : Happy Family
3 : Trips Abroad and Nasty Truce
4 : Project Partners
5 : The Family Drama
6 : Deal Breaker
7 : Ruled Out
8 : Say 'Hi' to Satan
9 : I Just Love Fucking Annoying You
10 : Naked Girl and Vague Details
11 : Didn't Know Carl Could Be Romantic
12 : It's Mufasa and Simba Guys
13 : That's For Beautiful Girls and You're Neither
14 : He Was Still Satan
15 : I promise, I won't tell
16 : Brownies and Vanilla Ice-Cream
17 : It's a dare!
18 : Forty Year Old's Aren't Awesome
19 : Blackmail Buddies
20 : Satan is always Satan
21 : I'll Bribe Them If You Let Me Live
22 : Twinning
23 : Romantic Genes
24 : Blush
25 : Midnight Dreams
26 : My Place, Midnight, You In?
27 : Damn you, Clara Emery James
Extra Chapter 01
Extra Chapter 1.1
28 : Uh oh
29 : Progressive Scheming
30 : If Humans Don't Like Being Ignored Then Why Would Feelings?
31 : Who Did You Kill?
32 : Harry Potter's Weird Wizarding World
33 : We Are The Dancers
35 : New Girl
36 : Surprise Guest
37 : Welcome Back

34 : Crush Confessions

645 24 5
By alwaysren

hi,

i made some dumb mistake earlier so this chapter was taken down, edited (with added plot). if you've already read this, i suggest you do again. if you don't wanna read the whole chapter again, start re-reading immediately after the kiss scene (sorry to spoil for those who hadn't read yet). trust me, you'll need to know what's happening.

okay, bye!

"Hey," I turn to face Stefan tugging my arm softly while I danced with Hannah, Keith and Emily. I raise my eyebrows, high on adrenaline wondering what he wants.

Instead of answering me though, he pulls me away from our friends and out of the gym towards the school hallway. The hallway, which are usually filled with student noises and daylight, is now only brightened by ceiling bulbs atleast five feet apart each giving a scary vibethat you could film a horror movie here.

"Where are we going?" I ask but Stefan refuses to answer, dragging me along with just a mysterious smile on his lips.

The smile from dancing still hasn't left my lips but I'm confused and dare I say, a little nervous. You know when your sixth sense tells you somethings gonna happen and there are butterflies in your tummy and nerves making your heart go clammy even though you're not intuitive? Yeah, that's exactly what I'm feeling.

"Stefan, where-", I'm cut off as I'm pushed to the wall near the lockers as soon as we make a turn towards the science building and Stefan has his arms on either sides of me, trapping me.

My breath hitches in my throat at his closeness and the light bulb just a few meters away from us reflect the green in his eyes - the color that I love - and not because they're the color of his eyes. However, I have a feeling that I might reconsider my reasoning soon, if not now.

"Did I tell you that you look gorgeous tonight?" He asks with a small smile.

"I think you might have used some other synonyms earlier when we left the house, yes." I let ot in a nervous squeak, silently praising myself for not stuttering.

Stefan chuckles and steps closer and I didn't think he could since he was already very close, a little too close, if I say. "And you stole the elegance of the stars when you danced tonight," He says, his eyes wandering over my body as his one hands comes to play with the tassles on my dress. "And the dress surely improvised those sexy moves."

"You weren't too bad either." I declare with a teasing smile, the butterflies in my stomach increasing, "But Keith beat you in being the best."

He scoffs, the hand that was playing with the tassles now on my waist, squeezing lightly, "You're being biased now."

"Now why would I do that?" I ask, fluttering my eyelashes innocently.

Stefan groans, burrying his head in my neck and my heart jumps to my throat. It's bad that he's on the left side and can most possibly hear my heartbeat. As if reading my thoughts, his hand on my waist leaves, making me feel a little cold and takes my hand lacing them on his chest, letting me feel his own heartbeat - beating at the same speed as mine, if not faster.

"Stefan," I whisper, my words clogging in my throat and he steps closer, as if that was the answer. To be honest, I'm not sure if it wasn't.

"I don't know what I'm feeling, Emery." He says.

Neither do I, I think in my head and swallow hard.

He lifts his head when I don't answer and maybe the look in my eyes told him that I was feeling was just as close to home as himself because he leans in, although, he stops, barely centimeters away from me. Maybe it was a silent question directed at me, asking if I was sure. Or maybe it was question for himself to make sure that he was sure of what he was about to do.

When I had started the night, I hand't even given a thought that hours later, I'd be contemplating the boy I've disliked from afar for my whole life. Scratch that, I have never imagined I'd kiss Stefan King and now here I was. I don't know what came into me. I leaned further, brushing my lips against his softly, testing waters, in case he suddenly decides he doesn't wanna do this, that he doesn't wanna kiss me.

That doesn't happen though. As soon as my lips brush his, he covers mine, not giving me time to pull back.

It's intense, his lips over mine, sucking, biting, savoring and I mirror his actions, my hands going into his hair, tugging as pleasure takes over. He's taking it slow and hard at the same time but I, being the impatient one, push my tongue on the edge on his lower lip. When I feel him smiling, I can imagine the teasing glint in his eyes and I growl, biting onto his lips. He submits, although it's in mockery and I thrust my tongue in his mouth.

His hands trace my body while he lets me play and as they move up, he wraps his fingers around my hair, tugging them back and taking back the control he pretended to give away to me.

I don't have the will in me to argue because damn, it feels good. I let him win the battle of dominance, not without a fight though, at which I can feel his lips twitching into a smile, gathering the same reaction from me.

He tugs my hair again, breaking the contact of our lips and craning my neck back. His lips are pressed on my cheek, my jaw, my neck, the back of my ear, everywhere - and I moan, tugging onto his hair tightly because that's the only thing I hold.

He opens his mouth to say something but we hear laughter and footsteps heading towards us before he could. I frown when his lips leave my skin and he chuckles quitely at the look. When the throng of girls walks by, he steps closer to hide me and I appreciate it, only because his colonge was bearable, more than bearable actually.

The girls don't notice Stefan standing awkwardly in the corner in the hallway, hiding me, probably drunk off the spiked punch and I breath a sigh of relief. I was not looking forward to addressing any rumors on Monday.

Before I could relish the relief, however, more footsteps approach and this time, I can make the voice to be our friends'. Instantly, Stefan moves back, creating a distance between us just as the group turns into the hallway we were in.

The all stop, looking slightly surprised at seeing the two of us together and I awkwardly shift from one leg to another under their questioning gaze.

Finally, Drew breaks the silence. "What are you two doing here? We've been looking for you everywhere."

"Uh-" I stammer, struggling to come up with an excuse. Stefan, however, jumps in to save me from the effort.

"I was out for some fresh air. Emery was walking out of the washroom when I met her and we were just coming back inside." He says. The boys nod but Hannah and Emily's gaze snaps to mine, hard, as if to say we know that's not true.

"You don't need to go back there. The party's almost over and everyone is heading to Jake's after party. We thought we could get dinner and head home instead, Emily, Ethan and Dixie have a curfew and Hannah has to babysit her sister, her mother has night shift and I assume Clara is staying over at Han's, right C?" Keith says.

I nod my head and Stefan's eyes flit over to me in question. "Yeah, we haven't had sleepover in long so we planned it for tonight." 

"Do you think I can join? I'll call mom before, of course." Emily pipes in, already dialling off on her phone as Hannah nods in agreement.

"Cool, where are we going?" Stefan says, not commenting on my answer. I frown but then mentally slap myself. What was I expecting him to reply to that?

"Terry's, of course." Ethan hollers and gets a smack on his head by Hannah. We all roll our eyes. Only he will forget that he's in a relationship now and can't hookup with his on again, off again waitress girlfriend from Terry's.

"Burger King it is." Drew says with an eye roll and we all head out towards the parking lot. 

"Where's Jade?" I ask Colton, falling in steps with him. He shuffles nervously and glances at Samantha who's walking beside him in her carefree look. She's the only girl I know who'd show up at school dances in ripped jeans, band tees and leather jackets.

Samantha looks at him and then over at me, her eyes holding carelessness. She shrugs, "Went home. Had to babysit her brothers." I nod, taking in the answer, knowing full well about Jade's four year old twin brothers and busy lawyer parents.

Colton and I move towards Stefan's car but Samantha stops us. "Aren't you riding with me?" She asks, her eyes directed at Colt.

"I am?" Colton looks confused, just as me. Since when are these two friends? My brother, however, glances at Samantha's bike and then back her her and then me, makin a decision. "Sure." He turns to me and says, "I'll see you guys there?"

I nod, dumbfounded as I see the two of them walking towards the bike and get on t, riding past us before any of us even sat in our cars.

Drew and Dixie pile up with Stefan and me in Stefan's car seeing as Drew is afraid of driving - childhood trauma. Keith takes Emily and Ethan takes Hannah - exactly how we first arrived at the school.

The car ride is silent and I don't know if it's just me but Stefan feels a little closed off. Not wanting to dwell on that thought and stress over nothing, I turn towards Drew in the backseat with a teasing smile.

"So, Drew, I didn't know you were dating. And then you bring Dixie to homecoming. Never saw it coming." I tease.

Drew rolls his eyes but smiles nonetheless. "I'm still getting over my crush on you, Clara. I don't think I'm ready to date another girl when I have someone else on my mind."

My eyes widen in horror as they shift between Dixie and Stefan, the latter holding the steering wheel tight which weirdly makes me feel giddy? "Drew!" I gasp, putting my attention away from him. I look over at Dixie apologetically but she just laughs.

"I'm gay, Clara. Don't worry. I'm just not out to my parents or the school yet so I asked Drew to go to Homecoming with me." She tells me and I breath in relief, still confused on how they know each other. "We're neighbors." She answers my unvoiced question.

I nod and then shift my attention back to Drew, suddenly remembering his confession and realising the weight of it. "Yo-you have a crush on me?" I ask, chiding myself for stuttering as again, my eyes betray me and travel to Stefan to gauge his reaction. Clenched jaw and whitened knuckles.

I gulp, bringing my eyes back to Drew.

He chuckles lightly, shaking his head. "You're so clueless, stupid. I've always liked you."

"Why-," I stutter again and mentally scold myself. Gulping, I start again, "Then why didn't you say something before?" I hear gritting teeth from beside me. It's hard to ignore it but I do, I'm strong.

Drew cocks a brow at me, patronizing me. "Would it have mattered? It's not like you'd have kissed me senseless and asked me out on a date if I confessed my infatuation with you."

The word kiss makes me blush and it's not only me who's reacting. Stefan suddenly steps onto the breaks and thank god for seatbelts or I'd be concussed by the dashboard. "Sorry." He says stifly and starts the car again.

"At least I wouldn't have come across as clueless and dumb." I mumble but Drew and Stefan both hear. One chuckles while the other angrily swerves the car followed by another meaningless apology.

"I think I should have confessed before," Drew says and I look over at him to find him smirking. "I quite like the reaction I'm getting." Dixie laughs loudly from beside him and I blush, sitting straight in my seat, refusing to face anyone.

We reach Burger King soon and I'm saved from more uncomfortable silence and self mortification. I jump out of the car and rush towards Hannah and the other who're waiting by the door for us and grab my best friend's hand, dragging her inside.

The two of us take seat side by side in a booth and Dixie and Emily follow, occupying the other two chairs on our table. I mentally thank all the Gods as now the boys have to take another table. Keith orders for me and Hannah, as Ethan does for Emily and Drew for Dixie seeing these boys are the only ones who'd know what we girls want, being close friends and brothers and all.

We small talk and joke around, Stefan actively participating, his previous stiffness gone. Although, throughout the rest of the night, he doesn't look at me and it leaves me feeling annoyed.

After we're done eating and oofing around, we leave, seeing as it was nearing eleven thirty. Hannah's mom must have already left for her shift at the hospital and her sister would be alone.

"I'll drop the girls off at Hannah's on my way." Ethan says. "Emily has an overnight bag in my car for emergency. It'll be convenient." 

Convenient my ass, he just wants to be with Hannah a little longer.

"I'll take Drew and Dixie then. We live on the same street." Keith says, sheepishly adding, "Almost." By almost he means a whole three miles but who's counting.

Stefan nods, yawns and stretches, "Cool. Seems like on my own, then." He says watching Colt and Samantha leaning on the latters bike, talking in hushed whispers. They turn to look at us and Colton waves at me as Samantha starts the engine and then the two of them are off, again, gone without anyone of us.

Ethan raises a brow at Stefan, oblivious to anything else. "You can always come sleepover at mine, bro. Take Clara with you and drop her on your way to mine. You'll have some company."

Stefan shrugs but shakes his head. "Nah, man. I'm tired and sleepy and I'ma hit the bed as soon as I get back to Josie's. Don't have the energy to drive around."

I'm annoyed yet again. He doesn't put up a fight to let me ride with him like he had done before and I can't understand why it's infurating.

Keith teasingly adds, "I wonder what left you so tired." And Stefan gives him a deadpanned looked.

He sighs and shakes his head, twirling his keys around his fingers. "I'm heading off, adios." With that, he's gone and I'm left squirming between Hannah and Emily's gaze.

Thanks to Ethan who puts his arms around Hannah shoulder and takes her away, taking the attention away from me too. Drew, Dixie and I yawn simultaenously as Keith goofbye flirts with Emily who's half scowling, half smiling amusedly.

Finally, the two couples break it off and we head home. 

While Hannah kisses Ethan goodbye making Emily and I gag, we rush inside to protect us from the cold air seeing no boy was chivalrous enough to lend us their jackets as Ethan did to Hannah. We change into our pajamas, mine from when I left some stuff over at Hannah's in case of emergency stay overs an Emily from her over night bag she keeps in Ethan's car, again, for emergency stay overs.

Hannah's sister is sleeping so we keep quite. I grab a futon for Emily, myself getting ready to dive in warm blankets and sleep off on Hannah's bed when she barges in and pins me with a look I can't seen to look away from. It's no help that Emily has joined forced with her is giving me the same look with her arms crossed.

"Nah-uh. No sleeping. We need to talk." My best friend says in a patronizing tone and I groan.

It's a fucking long night I'd rather get over with but oh well, who's ever had the courage to tell off their best friend in a situation like this?

Certainly not me.

* * * * * 

and a happy new year!

double update?! so am I forgiven for being late? huh? huh? am I?

also, I forgot if I ever mentioned Hannah's sister's name or Keith's siblings so if you remember then can you please remind me in the comments? If not then I'll make up a new name in the next chapter, kay?

love y'all loads. hopefully, one or two more chapters by new years (that is till the first week of 2021) but no promises. i don't wanna get your hopes up. buh-by for now.

btw, how was the kiss? was it expected? do you love me for the surprise? tell me, do you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

533K 23.5K 48
||COMPLETE|| IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT'S NOT HERS, DON'T READ THIS BOOK. [Trust me.] ***** He gently laid me on my bed and brushed back my tangled hair...
249 46 14
He smirks, "You've finally cracked." I furrow my eyebrows, "You were baiting me? Jerk, just turn off your music!" "Or what?" He asks teasingly. "Or...
80.8K 1.1K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
7.4M 214K 78
To start over. That's what Alex Rose needed, after that night. That's what drove her out of her home in London, to New York, halfway across the wor...