The Alchemist's Journey | Boo...

By LytleLadibug

Aquaria and Varian find out what really happened to Varian's mother. On their way, they find more about Aquar... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter IVX
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter IXX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI

Chapter IX

749 20 15
By LytleLadibug

Rosamund was rummaging through the assortment mess of papers, books, and maps littering her lab.

She lined up the maps and drew some lines before she sat back with a look of pure awe.

"Darling? Are you okay in here? I just got Varian to go back to sleep," Quirin said as he walked in and looked at his wife.

"I found it," Rose spoke suddenly as she turned to look at Quirin.

Quirin's eyes went wide. "Just so we're on the same page..."

"The Codex Semper," Rose confirmed and Quirin let out a light laugh.

"You did it. I knew you could do it, love!" Quirin wrapped her in a tight hug and kissed her.

Rose smiled as she kissed him back, throwing her arms around his neck.

"Are you going to go alone?" Quirin asked gently, not wanting her to be in any type of danger without anyone to help her.

"I'm gonna ask Lucia. She'll help me. I would take you, but Varian needs one of us to stay home," Rose explained and Quirin nodded with a smile.

"I know you and Lucia will be fine. I'll help you pack," Quirin replied as he kept her close to him.

He was so proud of her and he was glad that all of her research and sleepless nights had paid off.

💧

Anna growled as she acted out her character for charades.

"Uh, okay. Um, lion?" Kristoff guessed with confusion.

"Grizzly bear!" Olaf shouted out.

"Demon!" Aqua shouted as well.

"Uh, monster?" Varian guessed.

"Brown bear!" Olaf shouted again as Elsa tried to figure it out. "Hans!"

Anna looked at Olaf and nodded as she pointed at the snowman, telling him he was on the right track.

"Unredeemable monster!" Elsa finally guessed.

"Greatest mistake of your life!" Kristoff added.

"Wouldn't even kiss you!" Olaf continued and Arianna raised an eyebrow before Sven rang the bell.

"Villain!" Anna revealed and they all did an 'ohh' of realization.

"We all kind of got it," Olaf replied with a grin.

"Who's Hans?" Frederic asked curiously.

Aqua looked at her dad and laughed. "He's the prince that I told you about. The one that Anna suckerpunched."

"Oh, I remember you telling us that," Arianna remembered, nodding at her daughter. "Nice job, by the way."

"Thank you," Anna bowed playfully.

"Okay, Olaf. You're up," Kristoff said and Olaf hopped off the couch.

"Okay," the snowman walked over to the middle of the room. Ruddiger ran over to him with the basket of charades characters. "So much easier now that I can read. Lightning round, boys against girls!"

Sven rang the bell as Ruddiger flipped the hourglass.

"Okay, I'm ready. I'm ready. Go," Kristoff pumped himself up and Olaf started.

"Unicorn!" Varian guessed as Olaf rearranged himself with his carrot on his head.

"Ice cream!" Kristoff answered quickly.

"Castle," Frederic spoke, amazed by Olaf's ability to rearrange himself so quickly.

"Oaken!" Kristoff shouted with a grin. "Teapot!"

"Mouse!" Varian said speedily.

"Ohh, Elsa!" Kristoff chuckled at Olaf's impression of Elsa who nodded, owning how Olaf made her look.

Sven rang the bell and Kristoff leaned back with a victorious smirk.

"I don't think Olaf should get to rearrange," Anna muttered to Kristoff as Elsa got up, clutching the pillow she was holding to her chest. "Doesn't matter. This is gonna be a cinch."

Sven took the pillow from Elsa and let her pick randomly from the basket that was hanging from his antlers.

"Two sisters one mind. Plus, Aqua and Arianna are really smart." Anna grinned as she cracked her knuckles.

"We've got this," Aqua assured, giving Anna a high-five.

"Thank you," Elsa murmured to Sven as she pulled out a slip of paper from the basket.

"Okay, here we go." Anna leaned forward, super competitive right now. "You got this, Elsa."

Elsa hummed, setting down the slip of paper before thinking.

"Anytime," Aqua encouraged as she watched carefully.

"Just do it with your body," Arianna added, smiling at the Arendellian queen.

"Uh, nothing? Air?" Anna started guessing as Elsa just swirled her hands in front of her.

"Tree?" Arianna guessed with confusion in her face.

"People!" Aqua shouted out.

"Treeple!" Anna shouted as well and Varian raised an eyebrow. "Oh, that's not a word."

"Shovel boy?" Aqua questioned when Elsa moved her hands in a shoving motion.

"Teeth? Oo! Doing the dishes!" Anna exclaimed.

"Polar bear!" Olaf cut in.

"Hey!" Anna and Aqua grimaced at the snowman.

"Sorry." Olaf grinned and Varian chuckled in amusement.

Elsa struggled to think of how to act out 'ice', but then she heard the singing. She froze before turning to the window.

Aqua stiffened and gazed out the window as well, tuning out the game for a moment.

"Oh, uh, alarmed? Distracted? Um, worried? Panicking? Disturbed?" Anna continued spewing out possible answers. "Oh, come on, you definitely look disturbed!"

Sven rang the bell and Anna slumped back against the couch with a groan.

"We won," Kristoff said as he fistbumped with Varian.

"Rematch?" Anna asked and Aqua shuddered slightly as she came out of her daze.

"Oh, you know what? I think I'll turn in," Elsa said, walking to the exit.

"Are you okay?" Anna asked worriedly, hoping there was nothing wrong.

"Just... just tired," Elsa lied and Aqua stood up. "Goodnight."

"Elsa! Wait!" Aqua ran over to her and they left the room. "You hear it too, don't you?"

"What? You can hear the singing?" Elsa questioned as they went to her room.

"Yeah. I've been hearing it for months. It was quieter back home than it is here, but it feels like it's something calling me. Calling us," Aqua explained.

Elsa opened the door to her room and pulled her mother's scarf out of the closet.

"I met a woman named Carmen. She's a sorceress in the kingdom of Eden. She knew I was hearing the call when I hadn't told anyone but Varian. She told me that it was Ahtohallan that was calling me," Aqua said to Elsa who breathed deeply.

"Ahtohallan..." Elsa murmured and Aqua yawned.

"Try to get some sleep. I'll see you in the morning," Aqua spoke softly before leaving the queen to her thoughts.

She walked down the hall, going into her and Varian's room. Her lips pulled into a smile when she saw Varian already snuggled in bed.

She slipped into bed with him and he chuckled lightly.

"Did you have a good day?" Varian asked as he held her close to him, letting her head rest on his chest.

"It was amazing. I'm gonna sleep like a rock tonight." Aqua giggled and Varian kissed her head gently.

"Well then, goodnight, princess," Varian murmured as Ruddiger crawled up and snuggled with them.

"Goodnight, freckles," she whispered back before she fell asleep, exhausted from all the fun they had that day.

💧

Aqua shot awake, feeling a jolt of energy rush through her body.

"What was that?" She murmured before there was a noise that sounded like hail crashing down on the roof all at once.

Varian groaned from the loud noise and he slowly sat up.

"Varian, come on! Something's going on!" Aqua said quickly as she shot out of bed.

Varian blinked the sleep out of his eyes before following her as she ran to the exit of the castle.

Her parents and Anna were already there.

"What's going on?" Varian asked, now fully awake.

"I have no idea, but I can't find Elsa," Anna said as Kristoff came running out.

All of the sudden, the fire in the street lamps as well as the lamps in the courtyard went out.

"What the heck?" Aquaria's eyes widened before the water in the fountains disappeared.

Suddenly, the wind picked up and started pushing them all out of the castle gates.

"The fire goes out, then no water, and now the wind?" Frederic had no idea what was going on, but Aqua gasped as she felt another jolt of energy.

"We need to move! Get everyone out of Arendelle! The earth is next!" Aqua said to the group urgently as they were pushed to the village by the wind. "Everyone to the cliffs!"

All of the village folk made their way out of the kingdom and up to the cliffs just outside the city.

The streets started to rumble and move in waves, pushing everyone out faster.

Varian clutched Ruddiger tight as Aqua helped some families get their kids out.

💧

Once everyone was on the cliffs, Aqua paced around in front of Varian.

"Okay, I don't understand. You've been hearing a voice and you didn't think to tell me?" Anna looked at Elsa incredulously.

"Aquaria's been hearing it too," Elsa said softly. "But I didn't want to worry you."

"We made a promise not to shut each other out. Just tell me what's going on," Anna begged, feeling hurt that Elsa had kept this from her.

Elsa looked away and took a breath. "I woke the magical spirits of the enchanted forest."

Aqua froze and her eyes widened. That must have been the jolt she felt that woke her up.

"Okay, that's definitely not what I thought you were gonna say. Wait... the enchanted forest? The one father warned us about?" Anna questioned.

"Yes," Elsa confirmed, glancing to the side.

"Why would you do that?" Anna looked at her sister in pure disbelief.

"Because of the voice... I know it sounds crazy, but I believe whoever is calling me is good," Elsa explained, hugging herself as she tried to control her emotions.

"How can you say that? Look at our kingdom," Anna replied, frowning at Elsa.

"The spirits aren't evil. At least not all of them. Delta is my friend," Aqua spoke up and the sisters looked at her.

"Who?" Elsa questioned curiously.

"Delta is the water spirit. I named her Delta when I was younger. She's the one who brought me to Corona," Aqua explained as she held Varian's hand. "I wasn't allowed to tell you though. The only people who knew where your parents, the trolls, my parents, my sister, Varian, and Quirin."

"But what if the other spirits aren't like the water spirit?" Anna looked back at Elsa and tried to hide her worry. "How do you know that this voice is good?"

"My magic can feel it. I can feel it," Elsa assured, confident about the decision she had made.

"Okay," Anna relented before the ground started to trembled. "Oh no, what now?"

They all looked to see the trolls rolling down the hill towards them.

"The trolls?" Kristoff questioned before Bulda unfurled and launched herself at Kristoff.

"Kristoff! We missed you!" Bulda exclaimed as she hugged Kristoff.

Grand Pabbie rolled up onto a stone in front of Elsa, Anna, Aqua, and Varian.

"Pabbie," Anna breathed out in relief.

"Well, never a dull moment with you two. It is wonderful to see you as well Aqua, but Elsa, I hope you're prepared for what you have done. Angry magical spirits are not for the faint of heart," Pabbie said and Varian looked at him curiously.

He had heard about Grand Pabbie and was a bit shocked now that he was finally meeting him.

"Why are they still angry?" Aqua asked curiously, but deep down she could feel it. "And why can I feel the spirits? I-it's like I can feel their anger."

"And what does all of this have to do with Arendelle?" Anna asked as well.

"Let me see what I can see," Pabbie said before he raised his hands.

A magical mist appeared in the air and formed what looked to be a dam.

"The past is not what it seems. A wrong demands to be righted," Pabbie spoke as the mist changed into two different parties that looked peaceful before they turned violent on one another. "Arendelle is not safe."

Elsa gasped softly as she took a step forward as the mist formed into the castle of Arendelle.

"The truth must be found. Without it..." The castle faded away as Pabbie spoke. "I see no future."

"No future?" Anna looked at Pabbie, scared for what this meant for all of them and the citizens of Arendelle.

"When one can see no future, all one can do is the next right thing," Pabbie advised.

"The next right thing is for me to go to the enchanted forest and find that voice," Elsa said as she paced slightly. "Kristoff can I borrow your wagon and Sven?"

"I'm not very comfortable with the idea of that," Kristoff admitted and Aqua hummed.

"You are not going alone," Anna argued as she stepped towards her sister.

"I'm going with you. I've been hearing the voice too and I... feel somehow connected to the spirits," Aqua said with determination.

"Aqua is coming with. Anna, we have our powers to protect us. You don't," Elsa said to her sister.

"Excuse me, I climbed the North Mountain, survived a frozen heart, and saved you from my ex-boyfriend and I did it all without powers, so, you know, I'm coming," Anna persisted stubbornly.

"Me too. I'll drive," Kristoff joined in.

"I may not have my magic under control yet, but I have my supplies and a sword, so I'm coming too," Varian piped up.

"I'll bring the snacks!" Olaf announced as he pranced by them looking like a princess from all the ice crystals the children put on him.

"We can look after the people of Arendelle while you are gone," Frederic offered as he walked over with Arianna.

"Please make sure they stay out of the kingdom until we return," Anna requested and Arianna nodded.

"Of course," the former Coronan queen agreed with a smile.

"Let's let them know," Elsa said before walking over to talk to the people of Arendelle.

Frederic followed Elsa, but Arianna stopped Aqua.

"Mom?" Aqua looked at her with worry before she was pulled into a big hug.

Arianna clutched her daughter close to her. "I will always love you, Aquaria. I hope you know that."

"Mom, what's worrying you?" Aqua asked, knowing something was wrong before it hit her. "It's because I might find my birth parents, isn't it?"

"I know what it's like to lose a child and not see her for so many years. Your parents aren't going to want to let you go and I understand if you want to stay with them. They are your real parents after all," Arianna murmured.

Aqua hugged her mom tight and shook her head. "I'm not going anywhere, mom. They may be my birth parents, but you and dad are my real parents. You gave me the perfect life and I will always love you. Corona is my home, no matter what. I'm not mad at my birth parents, but you raised me. I'm your daughter no matter what."

Arianna sniffed as she smiled, kissing Aquaria's head gently. "Be safe. We'll be waiting for you."

"I will be. I love you, mom," Aqua replied before she ran off to join the others.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 342 39
"I'm starting to question if we met... On purpose. Through Fate... Or whatever." Crossing the line - A story about two girls who were almost swapped...
1.8K 73 12
A Tangled the Series Sequel Rapunzel and Eugene's wedding is a week away. But when a earthquake hits, strange things start to happen. It's up to Vari...
9.6K 729 32
Seventeen-year-old Rapunzel has been locked up in a tower ever since the Plague arose in time with her birth. When Gothel, the only mother she's ever...
2.6K 49 18
A long-lost princess and a long-lost Alchemy with the longest hair imaginable named Rapunzel and The science Alchemist named Varian, has spent their...