Underboss, Unexpected (Book #...

By roxann_season

She is the Chosen One. He is Gabriel Gavino, il prossimo Mafioso Don - the next in line. Before she saves any... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 6.5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 & Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 & Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 & Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 - Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 - Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - Chapter 39.5
Chapter 40 - Chapter 45
Chapter 46 - Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - Chapter 53
Chapter 54 - Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - Chapter 61
NEW STORY - - PREVIEW - - Prologue - Faith POV

Chapter 5

51.7K 2K 118
By roxann_season

A/N: so.... from here on it's no long new chapters but just edited and better written chapters, Enjoy.

Chapter 5 – Chelsea POV (18 years old)

"You know, your dad is going to proud of you Chels," Jack my guard, trainer... everything really said, his brother Casey nodding in agreement. I rolled my eyes, the words weren't said or meant in any type of condescending tone, but since I rarely interacted with anyone that wasn't Casey, Jack, Helen and Jason – my adoptive father – I could see how to them I had made some huge step.

It would be an important step I took to dad especially, the man that saved me when I was 11 years old, because before that – the first 11 years of my life could make the strongest, hardest men flinch. After moving from home to home, only to have an adoption fell through, I spent the next few years in different foster homes until I was sent to live with Leo Madden at the age of nine. It was there I suffered the most extreme of punishments, training, and abuse. I learned the truth about myself during the time I stayed with Leo. I already knew that I was nothing special, but the punishments he gave me were supposed to make me a better person. He wanted me to be a lovely girl and since I was disobedient, he had to set me straight. I understood completely because there had to be a reason why no one loved me, and with Leo I thought I had found all my answers.

When I was 11 years old, my punishments became much more severe because I just could not learn to be obedient. Once, after a truly savage beating, a neighbor contacted the police. Luckily, I was brought to the local hospital where I met wealthy and single 39-year-old pediatrician, Jason Hobbs. Jason was extremely kind to me-no beatings, only warmth and concern-but I remembered the rules Leo had beaten into me so I made sure to follow them in the hopes that Jason might keep me. While I was recovering Jason often sought me out. He was kindhearted and would bring me toys to play with and he would read to me, too, since my eyes were very swollen.

I had constant security outside my hospital room because, while they had found me nearly dead, they had still not found Leo. Although it was good to be free of Leo, he still controlled my actions as I used all the knowledge he had beaten into me to be as perfect a girl as possible.

Then the day came when it was finally time for me to be released from the hospital, I thought I would be going to another foster home, but was insanely surprised when I found out I would be going home with Jason. My life was so different with Jason! He was nothing like Leo and for that I was happy. Jason took me on vacations; we visited different cities, museums, plays, and concerts. I was still terrified of Leo finding me again, however, so I never went places on my own.

Jason was independently wealthy and did not need to work, but in the six years I had him in my life, I learned more than I ever thought possible – his money presented me with different opportunities, and broadened my scope of the world, the most important thing he gave me was his time and attention.

"Guys, we only went to get the pizza, I left the car for less than five minutes," I snorted, carrying the pizza boxes back into the house, it had only been an hour since we left the estate at the most.

Jumping from the black car, I followed Jack and Casey, the air still chilly, but New York was home, had been home since Jason brought me here. Entering the house before me, Jack and Casey stopped abruptly, the front side of the box hitting them in the back, alerting me to look up, wondering what caused it. Instantly on alert now, I sniffed the air, scanning the entrance for danger, always searching for danger. Danger in the form of Leo Madden – and it was here, his scent permeated the air, in large qualities. He was here, in my house, but I was ready for him now, I wasn't the same little girl he nearly beat to death. I was stronger now, had trained and was even more capable then when he tried to kidnap me when I was thirteen.

Leo just appearing in my life, then disappearing, and my not knowing when he would come again changed many things, because it was then I realized that I was a complete and total monster-a secret that I kept from Jason at first. I had been feeling intermittent pains for a few weeks, which I thought were from either training or dancing, but it turns out that I was a dog, well I think I am actually a werewolf, to be more specific.

After Leo had tried to kidnap me again I was furious. That night, around 2am I felt immense pain and thought I was dying. I have no idea how I even knew what to do, but I went outside to the woods behind my house and for two painful hours my bones broke until I ultimately shifted into a white wolf. It took some recovery time but I finally got the hang of being on four feet and was running, flying, exhilarating in this new experience. My energy eventually depleted, however, and I just lie down and fell asleep until I was woken up by Jason frantically looking for me. He wanted to know why I was naked in the woods, but then just shrugged out of his t-shirt, gave it to me to put on, and helped me back inside.

But now, I was ready for him, dropping the boxes, I tried to move past Jack and Casey but they were quick to hold onto me, wrapping his arms around my torso Jack lifted me turning me back trying to go outside, but I wasn't having it, twisting, shrieking, I half shifted wanting to go in because despite living in this house, the scent I was catching from Jason – my dad – was much too strong. "Let me go, Jack!" I said shouting. Didn't he understand? With the potency of Jason's scent I was getting, that indicated that Jason was most likely injured, and unlike Jack, Casey and I, Jason was human, fragile and unable to heal injuries.  After partially shifting I was able to break Jack's hold and see for myself what Leo had done-immediately vomiting, the two slices of pizza I had in the car returning at my feet, heaving, vomiting with tears pouring down my face, screaming in between gasped breaths. I screamed, but not moving an inch from the doorway of the den, Jasons' blood on the walls, used to write a message for me,

YOU'RE MINE MATE, LEO.

On the ground, his limbs castrated from his body laid on the ground away from his torso, his head placed in the middle of the dining room table, "Ahhhhhhhh!" I shouted, my throat burning from the hysterical shouting, but I couldn't do anything else, I couldn't think, blood. Blood. Everywhere. Jason's scent. His body in pieces.  I screamed, the foul scent of vomit mixed in with blood, my eyes scanning more, a plate with – with his torn out heart, a knife and fork – I heaved. "Chelsea!"

"Chelsea! Wake up! Chelsea!"  I shot up in my bed, sweaty, my heart pounding, I scanned the darkness and found Helen – the woman that lived with us since I went to live with Jason – her face sad. "You were dreaming, shouting," she said knowing without me saying what I was dreaming about. No not dreaming, this was a nightmare, one I had frequently. I swiveled my head, eyes darting to the corners of this place, we weren't at the estate now, I panted breathless, bile creeping up my throat but fortunately it passed. After Jack, Casey, and Helen, along with some others, was able to clean the house, I was allowed to return, but that place wasn't my home anymore. Leo had been able to take someone, and someplace, so close to my heart and erase all the good memories.

"You okay Chels?" Helen asked worried, but there was also the knowing, and acceptance in her voice that I wouldn't talk about my nightmares, that just wasn't how I handled things. I couldn't talk about them; I couldn't put my sorrow into words, but I had found a way to deal because of Jason.

I had terrible nightmares when I was at the hospital and Jason visited, even when I went home with him, the torture I endured at the hands of Leo plagued me deeply. And Now, these dreams, mixed with my past never seemed to go away no matter whether I tried-prescription medications, yoga, or breathing techniques. But the one thing that did seem to work, and I will be forever grateful to Dad for introducing me to my escape, was dancing, specifically ballet. When I danced I felt free, closer to Jason somehow, and determined not to let Jason's gift of my freedom be a complete waste.

I shook my head at Helen, "I'm – I'm okay Helen, I just – you can go – I need some time," I said my chest slowly calming as I inhaled holding my breathe for a few seconds and then releasing it.

There wasn't... to me, it felt as if just when I was making progress and finally beginning to live again Leo always stepped right into the picture ruining everything I carefully built, taking things from me that he had absolutely no right to take. I had already lost so much, was given away, had things taken away but it seemed that fate wasn't done messing with me because after only six years with Jason Hobbs, he was killed and left me also. I am convinced that I am meant to live my life alone.

The abuse I suffered before I met Jason made me who I was and always stuck with me. Fear filled me everywhere I went, despite how well I was trained. It was a part of my every move. I had become quite close with Jack and Casey; they brought me some comfort knowing that I would never have to face Leo on my own. However there was a piece of me that didn't allow them to get too close in my heart because I couldn't live with myself anymore if anyone else was hurt because of me.

My dread of Leo hurting me had always been very prominent, but with his wealth Jason, whom I now called my father, hired private tutors to help me with regular schooling as well as learning to speak different languages; I was now fluent in Italian, and French; took music lessons to learn to play the violin; learned to paint and draw; and had private dance instructors, martial arts trainers, and fitness coaches. Yet, after Jason's death, I knew it was only a matter of time before Leo came back, hurting, murdering whoever stood in his way.

I'm sure some people on the outside would believe that Jason enabled my fears by not forcing me out into the world sooner, but that was one thing I loved about him. He also did not force any type of physical fatherly love onto me, because he understood that I did not like to be touched. What I did liked the most was how happy I felt when I knew I had pleased Jason by accomplishing a task or meeting a goal.

I rested back against my pillow now, sighing, remembering our life and the relationship I had with Jason. I had just recently become comfortable in what he was offering – love – even after two years with him I hadn't believed it deeply. When I first learned that I was a wolf, shifting, I kept it secret for as long as I could.

After two weeks of keeping my secret I finally told Jason the truth, expecting him to send me away or at least call for a psych evaluation. Instead he was relatively calm. He did not treat me any differently but was quite helpful and surprisingly knew plenty about werewolves and other mythical creatures. Jason was able to explain many things I never quite understood, like what Leo meant when he claimed that he was my soul mate and that he would never give me up. Right after I told him my secret, Jason called a friend, and not even three days later Jack and Casey, also werewolves, showed up. Jack and Casey moved in, and we all lived in a nice seven-bedroom house along with our cook, Helen. They have been with me ever since, training my wolf as well as my human side. Besides learning more fighting skills and how to protect myself in case they are otherwise occupied, they also schooled me in the history of wolves-Alphas, pack life, and mates.

With the information they gave me I was able to gather that Leo Madden was fucking nuts-he was not my mate.

When I saw him I did not feel like I was looking at my other half and when he touched me I never felt sparks or the absolute need to jump his bones.

Casey and Jack had not yet found their mates, but had said that if they do they would be more than ready to accept them, because mates were a blessing. I'm not sure I would ever be special enough to be given a mate or would be able to accept him if I did meet mine.

How could I when Leo was determined to take everything away from me? How could I put someone that I supposedly would practically die without in such danger? I still had many questions, however, some of which I did not want to know the answers to, such as those about my parents. Jack and Casey thought it was weird that anyone would put a pup up for adoption and thought that my parents were most likely looking for me. But I doubted that very much when I remembered how undisciplined I was considered before my time with Leo.

Alone in the hotel bedroom, I didn't want to think about Leo Madden anymore, I didn't want to think about all the things he had taken from me, and I knew he wasn't done but this time I was ready for him. He didn't know that, but I was.

.

.

.

_________

© 2016 roxann_season All Rights Reserved

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 109 16
IN PROCESS OF BEING RE-WRITTEN!!!!!!!!!! She's a fallen angel, He's a demon, And the human is in the way. Who dose she chose, if any.
433K 22.4K 33
Richard was a self confessed playboy while Maine was your regular girl. In spite of their differences they have managed to become good friends. Their...
77.6K 1.4K 28
Heart broken..When she meets Jack gilinsky she's amazed by his looks as she gets to know him she realize she may be falling for him will Jack convinc...
92 4 5
Come and follow the story of four people. And how they became the best of friends. Each having a very interesting life story. But you'll have to figu...