Prologue

Prologue – six years ago

Jason Hobbs POV

The noise of the helicopter was ringing in my ears, but it wouldn't be long before we were at our destination, where Roman Clarke and his family would be safe from the fate others had planned. Each time I did this, something inside me felt less worry, I saved one of Mothers' creations.

"Are you sure my family and I will be safe where you are taking us?" Roman asked his little girl sitting on his lap, his mate and wife right next to him, holding their newborn son. They were winded, tired and drained with all the running that they had been doing. Never staying in one place to long, watching over their backs and all because of power. They craved safety; a place to raise their children, a place to hide away from those that had placed bounties on their back. Willing to leave their other family members behind, we had to fake their death as a precaution before the final step of relocation. Not knowing who to trust made this process harder than it needed to be but I knew that it would be well worth it when the pieces would begin to take shape. 

As the helicopter flew over deep ocean, thoughts heading to my unfulfilled tasks, finding Elder Bellamy, and the chosen one brought me down. I had been searching for years, my objective changing from seeking out Elder Bellamy, to finding the chosen one – alone.  Searching high and low and still coming up empty, and still I wouldn't give up, not when the shifters survival depended on this one person.

My thoughts fleeting I forgot to answer Romans' question, "Yes you'll be safe here, there are many more like you here. You'll be isolated-"

"But safe?" I nodded."Yes, you will be."

Roman bobbed his head, holding his daughter closer to his body, but even with my confirmation, I could still see the doubt of my words but I couldn't blame the man, for a while now he has been on the run, protecting his family as best he could but he wasn't living. No... the Clarke family had been running and that's no type of life at all. Giving his wife a tight smile, her features were still relaxed, hopeful.

Roman faced me, "How many are there where you are taking us?" He asked, since before I wasn't giving him any answer, that just wasn't how my process worked.

"Right now there are three families, like your own, as well as single individuals that needed to escape as well. While you are there, you will be expected to work to keep everything going, working successfully on supplies you have will reduce the chances of being caught. You will be living frugally and training to reach your potential," and so the rest of the trip was spent giving the Clarkes' the information they needed.

Not long after leaving and boarding the helicopter I saw the outlines of their new home, as well as Leland Parks and Marlon Hayes, waiting. Stepping off, with nothing but the clothes off their backs, Roman steps forward, "Welcome Roman," Marlon said holding his hand out to Roman.

"Thank's for letting-" Roman started to say, his wife nodding her head gratefully.

"No we are all here for the same reason, we are being hunted, we only regret how long it's taken us – Jason and the rest – to find your family," Leland interrupted, they were in the Clarkes' place not too long ago.

Leland's mate came from the trees, a smile on her caramel colored skin, their seven year old son by her side, "Roman, this is my mate and son, why don't you go with them, they'll help your family get settled in," Leland said while Marlon was just waiting to speak to me.

"Yes – thank you, that sounds wonderful," Faith – Romans mate – said, her entire self showing the stress of the last few years for her, for all of them. Running from those in charge.