Chapter 54 - Chapter 58

A/N: not edited. WILL HAVE MISTAKES.

Chapter 54 – Making Progress (Chelsea's POV)

I was sleeping then felt the bed dip, it was still dark and without opening my eyes I assumed that it was Ava crawling into my bed once again. Swinging around to get off the bed stumbling I heard a voice, not belonging to Ava, "What's the matter Chelsea?" Gabriel whispered.

My eyes flashed open and three things happened at once, I screamed, tripped over my own two feet, fell and Gabriel spoke, "Oh shit! I'm sorry baby!" He apologized.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper shouted, until I realized I had no reason to do that. Checking my clock I saw it was 4a.m.

I had great night vision, as I'm sure Gabriel had, yet he reached over to turn on the side lamp, and then rolled to face me. He laid his head down and surprised me, "I just... once Andrew and Ethan started improving... I just did not want for you to think we had problems, build walls... pull away..." he said but sounded so out of his element at the moment but I could not help the smile that was forming on my face.

"You aren't mad?" I questioned in a small voice.

He shook his head, "It felt off and knowing you can heal them I wanted a quick fix solution but I'm happy you stood your ground and didn't come," he said chuckling after.

"God! You are nothing like Maggie!" I could only gasp and look at him in shock.

"Fuck, sorry, I just meant that she was such a puppet, Love," he explained but I'm not sure he understood how I saw this. If she was a puppet his father trained her to be that way. I could remember the night I met him, telling me how Scarlet, Ames, Maggie and himself trained to take over positions when the time came. Yet what I was thinking isn't what I said next.

"Do you miss her?" I blurted out without thinking. No filter.

It was Gabe's turn to look shocked, "God no," he breathed, "you were meant for me Chelsea. Even Oscar thinks that you're good and just right for me," he said, I only gave him a look that I hope he understood meant 'explain!'

"Everyone knows that mates are meant to complete and compliment each other. Right?"

I nodded.

"I'm not comparing you to Maggie but she was just as impulsive as I was Chelsea, but you..." he sighed then remained silent.

"You are not like that, you aren't the type to just run in guns blazing into the show. You think quickly on your feet, and most importantly... you look at situations from all angles. You do not make excuses, or look past anyone. I understand why you did not want to come, but what I felt worse about was that I knew it felt wrong Chelsea, but I continued and look at what happened?" he said and that confused me.

"So you felt bad that I stuck and held my ground, but you did not?" I wanted him to clarify.

He chuckled then rolled onto his back, "No, I felt bad that you had to remind me that if something feels off, then you need to think, reevaluate and change the plan. You reminded me that things are not always black and white."

Groaning and furiously rubbing his hands over his face, "Dad has let things get slack," turning back to me, I remained silent. Gabriel propped his head up on his left hand watching me. No, not watching, he was looking, searching for something and heaved a heavy sigh when he found it.

"We were at the dock, the guy we have the 'in' with went missing. A new guy was there. He was creating problems, wanted a bigger pay off than our original guy. Ames was supposed to go but sent someone else, when the problem was being cleared up, Mark, that's the guy Ames sent, called me. Said this new guy Oliver, wanted to make his own deal, wanted a larger cut. From the moment we got in the car that felt off, because Carl that's the man that we had an agreement with, he has a family and knew we would be keeping tabs not just on him but them as well. In the car we called his home pretending to be his boss and his wife said worriedly that he hadn't been home since three days ago," he explained.