The Elven Witch #Wattys2020

By Kili-Loverxx

Summary: Ninfea Evanna Potter, the girl-who-lived, the chosen one has finally defeated the dark Lord Voldemor... More

Chapter One A Family Betrayal
Chapter Two, Rivendell
Chapter Three, Lessons
Chapter 4: The Meeting and The Woodland Realm
Chapter Five, Meeting her Mate
Chapter Six, Ambushed
Chapter Seven, Healing and Introductions
Chapter Nine, Visions of Evil
Chapter Ten, Bombshell
Chapter Eleven, Departing Ways
Chapter Twelve Banishment of Sauron
Chapter Thirteen, War Starting
Chapter Fourteen, Five Armies
Chapter Fifteen, Rallying to the King
Chapter Sixteen, The defeat of Azog
Chapter Seventeen, The Wedding

Chapter Eight, Laketown

5.8K 148 4
By Kili-Loverxx

Chapter Eight, Laketown

"Where did all of you come from?" A man snarled pointing his bow and arrow at them. Ninfea had just taken down the Wards and was just getting to her feet when the man spoke. Stepping slowly forwards Ninfea raised her hands in surrender moving out the way of her siblings hands as they tried to pull her back. "We were here all along Sir, but I had put up Wards so no one could see or hear us as my siblings healed me. Orcs had entered the Woodland Realm and I was shot with a Morgal shaft.

They are on our tail and my screams would have no doubt attracted them to our whereabouts. I'm sorry if we startled you." Ninfea apologised.
"Orcs broke into the Woodland Realm?" The man asked shocked.
"Yes," Legolas said tersely. "They climbed over the wall that is over the river. They were trying to kill the dwarves that resided within our walls. I would appreciate it if you didn't speak of this to anyone, for my father would not be happy." The man's eyes widened when he realised who he was talking to and bowed his head. "Of course Prince Legolas." The man said as he started pulling the barrels on to his boat.

"I wouldn't be so bold in asking if we could be taken into Laketown, as well as the Dwarves?" Elladan asked. "My sister is still injured and we need a place for her to rest while she heals as we can not head back to the Woodland Realm without being run down by a pack of Orcs. The Dwarves only need a place to stay for a night or two and some clothes, food. We will stay within Laketown when the Dwarves leave to help protect its people against the Orcs."
"As you are from the Woodland Realm I might be able to get you in with out too many questions but for the Dwarves you'll need a smuggler." The man told them as he pulled the last barrel onto his boat.

"And for that we'll pay double." Kili said earnestly as he stepped forward coming to hold Ninfea up even though she didn't need it. "Please I need to know Ninfea is okay and she needs a place to contact her father Lord Elrond. We'll even fix your coat and boots for you." After a while the man nodded his head in agreement. "I will need the money before we reach the Town as there are guards before the Toll Gate. You'll need to do as I say as the Master of the Lake has grown greedy and is exceedingly suspicious of everyone." The man told them before letting them on to his boat once they'd agreed.

* * *

"Watch out!" Bofur called as an ice berg seemed to appear out of nowhere. "What are you trying to do? Drown us?" Thorin called angrily.
"I was born and bred on this waters Master Dwarf. I know this waters like the back of my hand. And if I wanted to drown you I would not do it here." The man said as he steered the boat out of the way of more ice bergs. Ninfea sighed and slid down to rest against the side of the boat rolling her eyes at Dwalin and Thorin grumbling about Bard and Bilbo telling them his name. She tuned them out when Glóin started grumbling about money.

She jumped and had a throwing knife pointing at the person who shook her arm. She blinked as she realised it was Bard standing in front of her with her brothers, Bard being the one who actually shook her what with his hand still raised in the air, and she realised her brothers had come over when she pulled out the knife. "Bard I'm so sorry. You startled me. I-" Ninfea apologised but was cut off by Bard. "No it is I who should be apologising to you Lady Ninfea." Bard apologised which seemed to catch the attention of Legolas and Arwen but also the Dwarves which caused Bilbo and Kili to come rushing over.

"What happened?" Kili asked, he frowned when he saw Ninfea putting the throwing knife away. "Nothing Kili I had closed by eyes for a bit and I must of dozed off and Bard startled me when he shook me awake, it's a reflex that hasn't left me since the war." Ninfea said smiling sadly.
"I truly did not mean to started you Lady Ninfea but I was concerned when you slid down the side and closed your eyes. Are you in any pain?" Bard asked, his brown eyes crinkled slightly at the edges in concern. Ninfea was grateful that he didn't question about the her comment in being in a war but she could see the frown lines creasing his forehead.

"It's fine Bard don't worry about it." Ninfea smiled.
"Ninth! Answer the question. Are you in any pain." Elladan said sternly. Ninfea sighed as she knew she wasn't going to get away with it and she knew if she tried Legolas or Arwen would travel to Imlardis to tell her Ada while Elladan and Elrohir waited with her to keep an eye on her. "A little. But not a lot it just twinges a bit." Ninfea answered.
"Why didn't you just say so, Ninfea. I'm sure Oin could give you something." Kili said, he went to stand up but Ninfea stopped him with a hand on his arm.

"You don't need to get Oin, Kili as I have some potions in my bag but I would prefer to wait before taking them as they're quite strong." Ninfea assured him. He nodded and sat beside her not saying anything but just being there and for that Ninfea was grateful. They sat for quite a while just enjoying each other's company as Ninfea rested her head on Elladan's shoulder but was giggling at Kili when he pulled silly faces or when he broke the silence to tell her a story about the pranks he and his brother pulled on Thorin.

"I'm sorry Master Dwarf but you must get into the barrels with your kin and Mr Bilbo we're approaching the guards. I'll have to cover you all with fish it's the only way you'll keep your lives and the only way I'll get you all through the Toll gate without any trouble." Bard informed them before they could kick up a fight. Kili nodded and kissed Ninfea's hand before getting into a barrel followed by his family, kinsmen and Bilbo.

* * *

"Stop! Goods inspection. Papers please." A man called as he came out of a small hut near the Toll Gate. "Oh it's you Bard." The man sighed happily at seeing his friend.
"Morning Percy." Bard said happily back with a touch of weariness in it. "Anything to report?" The man now known as Percy asked.
"There are some Orcs wondering around which is why they are here." He said pointing to the small group of Elves that were standing on his boat.

"Lady Ninfea, daughter of Lord Elrond and an Elfling I may add, was attacked when Orcs attacked the Woodland Realm. Her brothers and sister and Prince Legolas have asked me if they could stay here for awhile as they could not head back without being swarmed by legions of Orcs. I have agreed to offer them rest in my home, for they have offered to kill any Orcs that may come here." Bard said with a small smirk that was hidden from others when he saw Alfred looking at him with a scowl on his face.

"Right," Percy said when he saw who he presumed to be Ninfea- for age was smaller than the other Elves- leaning on one of her brothers a small grimace on face. "Do you have anything else to report?" Percy asked quickly as was his duty.
"Nothing. But I'm cold and tired and ready for home." Bard said as he stood next to the rudder. "Ain't we all." Percy said with a small smile to his friend. "Raise the gate!" He shouted. He waved goodbye to his friend before he went into the hut for the rest of his shift.

One Bard had pulled into one of the docks he started tipping over the barrels to help the dwarves out of them. "Get your hands off me." Dwalin growled as he pushed his head out of the mounds of fish that covered him, rolling his eyes Bard walked over to the man that was standing near his barge. "You didn't see them. They were never here." Bard said firmly as he pushed a small hand full of coins into the man's hand. "The fish you can for nothing." He said once more before leading them towards his house. "Come on. This way."
"Ninfea are you alright?" Bilbo asked quietly looking at his friend in concern at her pale complexion. "I'm fine Bilbo. I promise." Ninfea smiled but Bilbo didn't look too convinced; just as he was about to open his mouth to no doubt question her some more a boy of around fifteen who looked exactly like Bard came running round the corner.

"Da!" He called as he reached them. "Our house it's being watched." He whispered so only those close to his father could hear. A worried look appeared on his face as he looked around him. "Bain lead Prince Legolas, Lady Arwen, Lady Ninfea, Lord Elladan and Lord Elrohir to our house and give Lady Ninfea some warm clothes, your sister Sigrid will help. She's been injured." Bard instructed his son before leading the group of dwarves and one Hobbit to his house another way. Once he had instructed them on what they were to do he quickly made his way back to his house.

"Da! There you are I was so worried." A girl of around seventeen years old sighed in relief when her father came in through the door. "Hello girls." Bard smiled kissing Sigrid's and his youngest daughter who was seven years old, head. He hugged them tightly before releasing them. "Sigrid have you helped Lady-" Bard started but he was interrupted by the person they were speaking of. "It's Ninfea, Sir. I don't like being all formal." Ninfea said with a small blush and she scrunched up her nose in distaste. Her brothers, sister and Legolas shook their heads at her while stifling their laughter.

"Very well. Ninfea. Sigrid have you helped Ninfea find some clothes?" Bard asked his eldest.
"Your daughter was very kind in offering our sister some of her clothes but Ninth is stubborn. She told her she did not wish to be more of a burden then she was already being and insisted on drying her own clothes." Elladan spoke softly with a grimace on his face at the thought of her even thinking she was a burden. "How will she dry her clothes?" The young girl asked intrigued.
"Tilda!" Sigrid exclaimed. "Don't be rude."
"Not its alright," Ninfea said as she smiled at the young girl. "I'm an Elf Witch so I can easily dry my clothes." Ninfea explained indulgently.

"Really?" Tilda asked excited. "Can I see some magic. Please." Tilda said once Ninfea had nodded her head, she quickly added the please on the end when she saw her father's stern look. Thinking on what to show the young girl Ninfea pointed her hand at a mug that was on the table and cried, "Wingardium Leviosa." as she swish and flicked her hand causing the mug to float into the air. "That's so cool." Tilda exclaimed excitedly as she clapped her hands. "Can you do some more?" She asked.
"Maybe another time. But if it's alright with your father I'll show you some more later." Ninfea said smiling sweetly at the little girl.

"It's is perfectly fine with me." Bard said smiling at the young woman as he held out the clothes Sigrid had set down. "But I insist you change into these. You're not being a burden I assure you. I do not want you to get sick as you're already injured." Bard said with fatherly concern. Ninfea sighed quietly as she knew she wasn't going to win this as she knew her family would back Bard on this one, so she agreed thanking Bard and Sigrid as Tilda lead her to her older sister's room. Just before Ninfea shut the door she heard Bard tell his son, Bain to give the signal for the dwarves and Bilbo to come in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 1.5K 54
(Y/N) is the daughter of Bilbo Baggins, she is a curious, kind and loyal young lady who has always wondered what life is like outside of the Shire. ...
81.4K 2.5K 31
Violet Potter has been at war for her entire life. It all started almost 27 years ago when Voldemort killed her parents and tried to kill her brother...
1.9K 102 18
-𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩...𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚? -𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄'𝙢 𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙... -𝙊𝙛 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩? -𝙔𝙤𝙪... ________________________...
27.6K 504 21
We all have those weird dreams where we fight dragons, dream of a 'happily ever after'...or in my cousin Alice's case; make friends with a unicorn th...