The Light In Her Eyes

By heyosarah

Vivian, known as the Purple Eyed Freak, has troubles with high school. She's called names and bullied because... More

Running Away
Somewhere to Stay
Safe, I Hope
A Crazy Surprise
Running Again
Welcome To The Group
Troubles In School
Friends and Enemies
Never Again
I Can't Help It
Nightmares, Memories, and Waffles
Memories Made in the Clearing
Bitter Sweetness
Breaking Away
Departure
Epilogue

Back Home

249 9 10
By heyosarah

The police car pulled me into my drive way.

"Vivian, that's 5 times. This week, your mother is worried about you." I knew this cop. His name is Ed. He always brings me back here when I try to flee.

"I am fine. You don't need to bring me back, ya know." I spat back.

Ed just sighed as he opened my door. "Tell your mother I say hi."

"Uh-huh."

I climbed out of the car and walked across my dead lawn. As I opened my door, I saw my mother look up from her book and my step father stand up.

"Vivan! We were so worri-!" she tried to say before Doug cut her off.

"5 times! 5! I asked for one week without you running off! For what? Because kids at school call you weird? You can stand up to them. You are the one making yourself sad."

I glared at him. We have had this conversation before. 'You're making yourself mad.' he would scold. 'You aren't depressed'. Sometimes, I just want to slap him upside the head.

"Vivian. You okay, sweetie?" My mother cooed me.

"I am fine. I have told you guys a million times before, I am okay." I started up the stairs, but Doug grabbed my elbow.

"You are going no where. You are on restriction, no friends, no-"

"I have no friends! You don't know me, Doug! I have no friends, I am alone at school. No one talks to-"

"Do not cut me off. Go." he pointed up the stairs.

I gave him a devious smile and stomped up the stairs.

~~~~~

Later that night, I heard him talking to my mother in the kitchen.

"She is insane. I cannot allow this behavior anymore."

"Doug, she just needs time. Her father was her best friend. Now that he's...." she drifted off.

"I don't care about that! I know I am not a father to her, because she is not a daughter to me!" he yelled.

"If you want to be with me, you need to accept-" I heard a loud noise as she screamed.

I rushed into the kitchen. My mother was crying and had a big red mark on her face.

I stood there, silent. The silence seemed to drag on forever, with the tension raising at a high rate.

"What... what did you do..." I asked, mouth gaping.

"I did what I had to." Doug said with no shame. My mother looked up, eyes red and her cheeks stained with tears.

"Viv... go.... run before-"

"SHUT UP!" Doug slapped her again.

"NO!" I ran up to him and grabbed his arm. He shoved me into the counter, I hit my head. Hard.

Dizzily, I attempted to stand up.

"You are not part of this!" Doug was shouting at me.

"Run Vivian!!!" My mother called out.

I looked at the door. My escape. I looked at Doug, then my mother. She knew I couldn't take her with me. She couldn't survive out there, on her own. I took one last look at Doug, and he was about to hit my mother again.

I ran up to Doug and pounded my fist into his jaw. After a loud popping sound, he screamed in pain.

My mother ran to grab the phone.

"9-1-1?? Yes? Hello? Please! Come quickly! My husband is hitting me! And my daughter! Please!" she was sobbing at this point. "Yes! I.. yes- VIV! LOOK OUT!" she shouted past the phone.

I turned around to see Doug with blood pouring out of his mouth, and he had a knife. As he swung at me, I dodged behind the table.

I saw the door, and I knew it was my only chance. Police sirens were heard coming up my street.

I raced towards my escape, but Doug sunk the steak knife deep into my thigh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33 1 8
Vivian is a normal high school girl, on her 16th birthday something happens that changes her life forever. She is pulled into the life of angels and...
11.7K 206 27
Mage Young is infamous as the "Demon Lady" of Lucien Heath Academy with serious anger management issues. Then comes Byron Heath, new student and scho...
675 70 30
Vivian Ross is the geek of the school. She tries to hide her true traits and transforms herself into an opposite physical version of herself, afraid...
1.7K 79 20
*UNDER MAJOR RECONSTRUCTION. I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 12* "I feel safe when I'm closer to you." I said "You will always be close to me, and I will al...