It's You (Supercorp)

By supercorp_arrowverse

Lena Luthor wasn't the most fortunate woman in National City. Neither was Supergirl. After a lot of awkward g... More

The CEO
The Gay Bar
Blackmail
Closer
Forget About It
Control
Take Me To Church
Leave Me (Not)
Crossfires
Forgiving, or Not?
The Interview
Jealousy
Making Amends (And Bending Metal)
A/N
Truth
The Cat's Outta The Bag
NEW STORY UP
Planetary Disscussions
Other Worldly Aspects
Needs You
Bewed?
Holy...
The Death of a Super
DONT KILL ME!
El Mayarah
I love you
Thanksgiving
A/N
All Good Things Have An End
The Gala
Come Back Home...
Silence
And In My Arms, She Lies
Sorry Is All I Can Say
Tensions
Count Me In, Jerkwad!
Lena's Birthday
Perfectly Imperfect
Pranksters 101
Evil, I Tell You. Evil.
Oh, Jealousy...
Here We Go Again...
Here We Go Again... Pt 2
Perfectly Wrong...
Running Home To You...
It's A Compromise
Day Two
Please Don't Go
The Time of the Year
Christmas Eve
And Here's To All (SNEAK PEEK)
Anytime, Mom. (And Here's To All)
Bleach
live chat:)
Niece?
The Challenge (Pt. 1)
The Challenge (Pt 2)
The Challenge (Pt 3)
The Hero and the Sword
SEQUEL

Kennedy

3.6K 83 37
By supercorp_arrowverse

THIS IS A REPOST CONSIDERING THAT I CHANGED A LOT OF THINGS!!

Third Person POV (I might just end up doing all of these in third person or omniscient third-person pov)

Christmas was over. The weekend was over. The workweek was back, which meant that Kara would need to go to work at Catco and endure Snapper Carr, Lena would have to deal with tons of interviewers and stuck up men, and Alex would have to direct the DEO again. Everything was coming back in full swing.

Lena and Kara had an... interesting workday morning routine, which would include Kara waking up first, per usual.

Kara had an internal clock that woke her up at exactly 5:45 in the morning, the dark morning sky visible as she looks through the curtains. She would wake up to the sight of Lena, her face lit with the moon's light, peeping through the curtains.

Slowly and steadily, she got up from bed, carefully unhooking Lena's arm from around her waist. She smiled at the brunette, who nestled further into her pillow. Lena's face was relaxed. She was comfortable, and her face muscles were relaxed and not uptight- it was only like that when she was asleep.

Kara kneeled on the bed with one knee, pressing a kiss to the brunette's temple before she whispered, "You're so adorable... I love you," though Lena couldn't hear her. Kara stood up, walking over to her wardrobe, where her super-suit hung.

She couldn't help but admire it; she had spent years, three years, wearing that suit, doing the deeds she had always wanted to do. She always had wanted to do good, she wanted to help people in need, she wanted to be the light that the citizens of National City needed.

Even though she did have a rocky road (not just the ice cream) leading up to where she is and who she is, she had her cousin and her sister that she had depended on.

Clark was similar to a mentor to Kara. He wasn't just like a cousin to her, but he was more like a brother to Kara. Ue. 'Ue', in Kryptonian, is the word for 'brother'. He led her through the tough times, both times when she was on Red Kryptonite and needed to gain back the city's trust, he led her through the times where she was about to give up. He taught her that she couldn't ever give up hope. He reminded her about the House of El. 'El Mayarah'. Stronger Together.

Sure, Alex Danvers was Kara's adoptive sister... but she was her sister, nonetheless. Kara had learned to depend on her sister to keep her in check. Need it be when Kara is about to lose her mind or when she needs to hear things from another perspective, Alex would always be there.

When Kara crash-landed into Earth, she was immediately put into the Danvers family's custody. She and Alex didn't get along very well until Kenny.

Kenny was a boy that Kara knew. He was a friend. Well, to Kara, he was more than that. One day, he had taken her out to the woods to look at the stars. They had one thing in common; their shared interest in the stars and space.

He had asked her about her thoughts about people from other planets. He had said to her, "Somewhere, past all that darkness... there are whole other worlds. Can you imagine?" She had nodded her head, answering with a four-lettered, 'Yeah'.

He had continued to question her, "What do you think is up there?" They had continued to look up and into the sky, carrying out their conversation.

"I bet it's still just people. Families and," Kara had replied to him, "they're staring at the stars above them, wondering the same thing about us. It's a beautiful view."

She hadn't noticed that their bodies had become closer. She hadn't noticed the way he looked at her. It was dumb, teenage love. Though, she did hear him answer, "It is."

She felt herself pull towards him, much like a magnet. His lips had been mere centimeters away from hers, and she had had the chance to pull him in and kiss him. Though she didn't. Her eyes had taken an interest in the forest's soil as she attempted to forget what had almost happened.

She had stammered, "I- I really like your telescope."

He had answered, "Yeah. You'd be surprised what this thing sees."

After a moment, Kara had brought up a new subject, "You know, you're the only person in Midvale who doesn't make me feel like I'm..." she was going to say 'an alien', yet she knew that she couldn't say that. She had finished her statement, "Like I shouldn't be here."

His answer was quick, "I'm glad you're my friend."

She playfully nudged him in the shoulder carefully, "You too."

That night, she had gone home, entering through the window quietly, being sure to not wake her sister. Eliza wasn't home that night, and Jerimiah wasn't... present.

She was about to change her clothes when she had heard a light switch on, and she turned to see her sister's stern face as Alex spoke, "Where were you?"

Kara's answer was quick, "None of your business."

Annoyed, Alex replied, "Is it, if I'm the one who would get in trouble for whatever dumb thing you were doing." Her tone was sharp with a dulling edge of annoyance on the side.

Kara had walked up closer to her sister, her hand moving to drive her point home, "I am so sick of you blaming me for every bad thing that's happened to you." Alex stood up with a slightly humored expression.

"Really?" she had spoken, "Because my mom wasn't constantly on my ass before you came along. I didn't have to act like some Earthly ambassador to the teenage underworld before you came along, and I am pretty sure my dad wasn't gone before you came along."

Kara's eyebrows dipped as she had questioned, "How is that my fault?"

Alex had continued, "Before you crashed in that pod, I had a great life, with two great parents. And now, all I have is you." She had said the last word with a sharp, disgusted tone that sent chills down Kara's spine in the worst way possible.

Alex added, "And you are not worth it."

That night, Kara had tossed and turned in bed, attempting to erase those words from her mind. She failed, and she had failed miserably.

The next day, when Kara was in the front of Midvale high, just about to enter as the bus drove away with the loud engine whirring. Her head had snapped up as her superhearing picked up the sounds of a police cruiser's sirens, and she had listened in, to hear the dispatch speak on the radio, "We've got a male body approximately 17 years of age," the woman spoke, "Found on the side of Highberry Road." Her jaw dropped and her eyes widened in disbelief.

Her voice had shaken as she whispered, maybe a little too loudly, "Great Rao..." She broke off into a run, unaware of the fact that her sister had been standing behind her the entire time. She had leaped over the forest's trees that had fallen, and she watched her footing as she ran to the area that she and Kenny had been at the previous night.

She had jumped extraordinary high into the air to get to her destination as quickly as she possibly could. Reaching the crime scene, she had seen police 'Do not cross'! Tape and police cruisers around the area.

Setting her bag down, she saw the cloth that had covered Kenny's body lift up to reveal his face as she had cried, "That's my friend!"

An officer had walked up to her, a female officer, and she had spoken, "Excuse me, miss."

A deputy she had known had started to comfort her, "Kara, Kara. You can't go down there- you can't."

Kara whimpered as she felt tears flowing down her face, "That's my friend."

That day and the day after, as people passed his locker, filled with flowers and pictures, she had heard them mutter things along the lines of, "I heard it was like super bloody."

Or,

"He was shot. I bet it's drugs; it's always drugs."

Or even,

"I heard they think it's a serial killer- how cool would that be?"

But young Kara had stood at his locker, staring at the pictures whilst tears had run down her face, shaking her head in disbelief. Alex had stopped by her sister, books in hand, and a friend by her side, "Kara. Kara." Her tone was sharp, but she had still worried.

Kara had shaken her head, "They didn't even know him. None of these people did. But now that he's dead, they're crying?" Alex didn't know what to say.

"It's sad," she had replied in a monotone voice. Kara's response was immediate.

"You didn't know him. You don't care, you're just as bad as they are."

Alex had stared at her sister with a worried expression, but she wouldn't even admit to herself that she was worried about Kara. Alex's friend has groaned, "Alex, come on. We're gonna be late."

Hesitantly, Alex followed her friend, leaving Kara alone once more.

A guy had smiled, "Oh, my God. They killed Kenny," he laughed as he continued down the hall with a few of his friends in the flank, "Well, someone did. Smug little nerd was begging for a beatdown." Kara was furious. She whipped her glasses off, following the jocks to the guy's locker room.

She had pushed his shoulder into a locker, shouting, "Why'd you do it, Jake?!" He laughed, smirking as he had eyed the blonde.

He had teased, "Hey, Danvers. Did you come for a little peep show?" She shrugged him off, continuing her questions, which were more of insults than they were questions.

"What did Kenny know about you?"

He had scoffed, "What, are you on your period or something?"

It was her turn to scoff as she remarked, "He knew something about you, so you hurt him."

"Maybe, or maybe we was just born a loser, and someone put him out of his misery," he had leaned down to say the words directly into Kara's face.

He turned to leave, but Kara had grasped his arm and held it behind his back at an angle that, if she were to choose to break his arm, even a human could have done it in a heartbeat. She had shouted, "Admit what you did!" He groaned.

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

She tightened her grip, "I want to hear you say it!"

He yelped, "Ow! All right, all right! He caught me smoking pot, he said he wouldn't tell. That's why I was always giving him crap."

She wanted someone to blame for it, so she had kept going, convinced that it was Jake who had killed Kenny, "That's it? Where were you last night?"

He huffed, "At home. All night. My mom can vouch."

Angrily, she left the boy's locker room. Later on that day, she heard the cops talking to Kenny's parents. After a long while, she wished his parents well. Kenny's mother had told Kara that he had always had something nice to say about Kara. She had set out with a mission to find Kenny's telescope.

The deputy had warned her about going out to find Kenny's telescope, but she didn't care. She was going to find it. For Kenny.

That night, she had set out to visit the woods once more. Kara had thought she was alone. She knew she was alone. She had to be. Or so, she thought.

Venturing further into the wood, the Kryptonian had heard leaves crackling from behind her. A sign that she, in fact, was not alone. Her eyes had glowed orange with a hum from its radiation as she spun around, shooting heat vision into a tree.

Standing next to the tree stood her sister. Alex Danvers. Alex's arms had flailed up as she attempted to shield herself from the sudden attack, hold back a yelp before shouting, "What the hell?!" Kara's eyebrows had shot up in surprise.

The blonde had defended herself, "Sorry, it happens sometimes when I get scared." Alex responded, her tone filled with annoyance,

"Get it under control," Alex had replied before questioning, "This morning- did you see him?" Kara nodded, looking away from her sister and glancing at a tree before looking back at Alex.

The brunette had crossed her arms and peered at the forest's soil, inquiring, "What did he look like?" Kara's eyebrows furrowed as she attempted to answer her question in mind: why did Alex care?

Instead of asking the question in mind, Kara had asked, "What are you doing here?" while shaking her head.

Alex had looked at a tree for a moment before her gaze returned to the forest's ground, answering guiltily, "I was failing calc. Alright? You're not the only one with a secret." Kara stared in confusion at her sister.

"Kenny offered to tutor me. He knew I wouldn't want anyone to find out, so we would come out here," Alex had looked away and back at her sister, right in the eyes, continuing, "I just wanted to think about him."

After a slight pause, Alex had added, "What are you doing here?" Kara looked around her, looking for a way to escape the question. To dodge it, to avoid it. Anything to get her out of that situation with her sister.

"I was here with Kenny last night," Kara had explained. Alex's eyes had widened as her sister continued, "We were stargazing. Mrs. Li said that Kenny's telescope is missing, but this is the last place it could have been, and it's not here. And neither is his laptop."

Alex had questioned further, "Laptop?"

Kara had nodded, answering, "It was a part of some project he was working on... it took pictures of what the telescope saw."

Alex's eyes had widened once again as she pieced the puzzle together, "Maybe one day Kenny saw something he shouldn't have."

"Maybe he took a picture of it."

Alex had responded eagerly, "We have to find that laptop!"

Kara had protested, "It's too dark."

"For me."

Long story short, Kara and Alex had worked together to find that Kenny saw some things that he shouldn't have. The deputy was corrupted- oh, and a student was in a relationship with a teacher! Someone tried running Kara and Alex over, but luckily Kara had saved Alex's life for the first time ever.

After all that had happened, Kara and Alex grew a bond that was unbreakable. It still hadn't been broken. Ha! It was almost as if they were one person.

Kara shook her head, bringing her out of her thoughts and back to life. She shook herself out of the flashback that she had from when she was younger, in her teen years, in Midvale. She missed those days, but she preferred the life she had now.

The life she had with Lena.

The life she had with Alex.

The life she had as Supergirl.

And the life she had as reporter Kara Danvers.

The blonde pulled her sweatpants off and changed into the super-suit she had been staring at for nearly ten minutes. Kara set aside some clothes for work before exiting out the window.

She flew out, further into the sky. The wind breezed past her face, fanning her hair back until she came to a full stop, admiring the city.

Listening to police radio, she heard chatter about a fire on Northstone and 7th. In quick pursuit, she flew to the fire, the building set ablaze with a warmth that could, surely, harm a human in several different ways.

Kara passed a few firefighters and police officers, barging into the building. Everyone had moved out of her way, setting a clear path for her as she rescued civilians from the burning structure.

Once everyone was out of the building and safe, she hung out at the scene for a moment to ensure that no one had any fatal injuries. Peering down at a teenage girl, she scanned the girls' figure for any form of injury, spotting a large wound. It would need stitches.

Kara pulled the girl aside and grabbed a needle and thread, lidocaine, and a paper towel. She soothed the girl, "Hey, you're going to need stitches for that... do you mind?" she pointed to the girl's sleeve, who nodded her consent hesitantly.

Kara gently tugged the girl's sleeve up, noticing the visible scars on her wrist. She didn't comment on them, but rather asked, "What's your name?"

The girl responded, "Kennedy." She was quiet.

Kara smiled, "That's a really nice name. My name is- wait, no, I can't give that away," she muttered the last bit to herself, embarrassed.

Kennedy slightly smiled, "You're even nicer in person," she remarked. Kara smiled.

"Thank you. You're pretty nice, yourself. This is gonna hurt a bit, so how 'bout you close your eyes, or you could squeeze this sponge," Kara handed Kennedy a sponge. Kennedy nodded.

"Thank you. I'm okay with pain, it won't be a problem."

Kara nodded, injecting the wound with lidocaine, numbing Kennedy's arm so that she wouldn't feel any pain when the stitches went in. She didn't even squeak.

"You're a tough one, kid," Kara remarked with a smile before quickly patching Kennedy up, "You're strong."

Kennedy responded, "Thank you, Supergirl."

Kara handed her a slip of paper with her number etched on it, "Here's my number, kid. Call me if you need someone to talk to- just please, don't give my number out. It's my personal phone."

Kennedy smiled, "Thank you. And I won't give out your number, don't worry." Kara nodded, pulling the girl in for a hug. Kennedy flinched, but soon melted into the Super's embrace.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Babe!"

Lena's head shot up from her desk to see Kara standing on the balcony, dressed in her super-suit. Kara Danvers wasn't able to go to Lena's office anymore for their daily lunch, so Kara would always visit Lena, entering on the balcony, for lunch. Kara held a bag with Big Belly Burger.

Lena smiled, "Hey, love. Just... one moment, I need to finish these papers and emails quickly," Kara nodded, taking a seat at the opposite side of the desk after pressing a kiss to Lena's temple.

The brunette typed at her laptop, her eyebrows furrowing as she continued her work, soon getting frustrated with the emails. Kara sternly reprimanded with a loving tone, "Lena. Lunch now, work later. I love you, but I'm not going to sit here and let you work so hard that you're going to give yourself migraines."

Lena sighed, nodding as she moved the laptop away. They both went to the couch and began eating. Kara began a conversation with a worried tone, "So, this morning while I was on SG duties, I came across this teenaged girl named Kennedy. I- I gave her my number to talk because she didn't seem too well..."

Lena crossed her arms, "Kara, what if she figures out your identity?"

"I saw her wrist while I was putting some stitches in her... Lee, there were so many scars and fresh cuts... I thought... maybe if I helped her, got to know her, then she would have someone. She flinched when I hugged her." Tears pooled in Kara's eyes.

Lena sighed, pulling the blonde in for a hug, "Baby, you're so kind. Don't cry- please, you're going to make me cry, and then we'll be crying together, and then- I'm rambling, aren't I? God, I'm around you too often."

Kara hiccuped as she lightly nodded, "I'm sorry."

Lena looked into Kara's eyes, responding, "Kara, love... you never need to apologize to me for crying or even wanting to help someone. I love you, and you're so kind... it's adorable." Lena smiled.

Kara nodded, melting into Lena's warm embrace.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Kara's Phone

Kennedy

Hey. I'm not in a good situation... my paren-

ts are fighting badly, my dad's a drunk, my

mom's addicted to heroin and some shit but

my dad's been hitting her and hitting me, I

need help. I'm sorry if I'm a bother, Supergirl.

Right now, my dad has a knife and he's outside

my room and trying to get in. Please help. Add-

ress is _____________

Kennedy, it's alright. Don't worry, kid, don't apo-

logize for asking for help when you need it. That's

something I learned last year. Listen, that situation

isn't good whatsoever... I'm gonna get you out of that

situation, okay?

I'll fly by and get some sort of evidence

that I could show to court and get you out of that home.

You could stay with me and Lena for a little bit, I don't mind.

Thank you, please hurry...

Read 11:48 PM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 573 17
Supergirl AU; But you'll notice this is Lena's story from her perspective. A new look at how Lena and Kara meet and fall for each other. Later on...
209K 5.8K 37
Lena was devestated as she found out about her best friends true identity, well she thought they were true friends. She felt hurt and betrayed...Kara...
4.6K 73 18
Kara and Lena start to become friends. Kara has a boyfriend and thinks she's inlove, she isn't of course. After Kara and Lena soon become friends to...
328K 12.9K 23
A slow-burn fic alternating in which Lena Luthor already knows she is crushing on Kara Danvers, but as Supergirl and she save one another time and ti...