lovely - Leonardo DiCaprio

By xmarvelle

𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴, 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥. 𝘸... More

the characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Final Epilogue
THANK YOU♡

26

3.7K 100 371
By xmarvelle

It was visible in my appearance that I was tired and ready to jump into bed, but I just really want for this noise in my head to shut the fuck up.

"It's 30 minutes past after school," I mumbled beneath my breath.

I placed down my bag and sat on the floor, I really just want to cry my heart out.

Taking the paper closer, I folded it in two and took a deep sigh, but my tiredness jumped out of my soul when I saw DiCaprio walking in the hall.

My eyes widened, I stood up and called, "What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" he answers in confusion. "I thought you were going somewhere?"

"Y-Yeah. Here."

"What? Are you avoiding me agai—"

"Giselle, you actually came."

We both turned our heads behind us and saw, Jayson Andrews.

"I don't understand," Leo mutters.

"You—T–This is yours?" I said lifting the paper, as my head could not begin to process what was happening.

"Yes, I thought you would not come — well, because I didn't put my name or some–"

"Y-You're the one who sent this?" I reiterated, my eyes are beginning to tear up.

"I did not get the chance to tell you how I feel about you back in Houston, because we drifted apart. But now, I still like you, Giselle. A lot. I thought you and Leo had something going on so I didn't reached out to you immediately. Which brings me to my question, what are you doing here, Wilhelm?"

Leo's face was pale, he was looking at the both of us, as he stammers, "Nothing. I-I was actually about to get going. I'll uh, I'll see you both."

My eyes followed him as he walked, the tip of the paper gently pinching my skin as I still attempt to wrap my head around as to what was happening. I looked back at Jayson, with his set smile, he continues, "Will you be my girlfriend, Giselle?"

Amara's; 8:27pm

"He what?!" Danny screams, and took a pause from checking out one of Amara's dresses in the mirror.

"I know. Some high school bullshit right? No, I mean, for real. What am I gonna do?" I asked, getting up from Amara's bed.

"What do you mean what are you gonna do, what did you say to him, then?" Dwyneth responds, cutting out papers as she sits on the floor.

"I-I didn't, answer him. I just — basically, fell silent."

Amara, now getting the empty juice glasses out of the table joined, "You owe me a hundred bucks, Colbert."

"What—she didn't say she's in love with DiCaprio!" Danny protests.

"What are they talking about?" I asked, leaning a bit forward to face Dwyneth.

"Amara bet that you'll fall for Leo before the year ends but Danny insisted that you will grow old single," she answers, as I threw a pillow to Amara and Danny with all my might.

Hearing a sound coming from the edge of the bed, I called, "Oh, shit! What time is it?"

"It's only 8:30, numbnut, why?"

7 missed calls; 4 text messages

"I gotta run. BYE LOVE YOU!"

Walking up the marbled stairs from the streets of Los Angeles, I was freezing cold, I did not bother changing any clothes at all. My usual jeans, long coat, and a turtleneck was all I need, truly. To be completely honest, I am worried to meet him. I haven't had the grasp as to what to even say to him. But, there's something inside of me that tells me I want to talk to him.

My mind was still filled with the whole Jayson confession situation-woah. That's a triple rhyming, you should try saying that out loud sometime.

I was looking by the ground as always, there was a light rain that was surely gliding over my shoulders as I walk. I was watching every bit of my step, as I feel a dark enclosing above me, I looked up and saw Leo holding up an umbrella.

"Never seen you out this late before."

I chuckled, "It's only 8:40."

"Case in point," he continues, as he walked beside me, he was silent.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

Him looking at the surroundings, he took a sigh, "You know I like the -"

"Cold breeze of the light rain, yes."

"Where are you going?" he paused. "I'm assuming a date with Jayson?"

"What? No. I'm meeting up with my dad."

Surprised, he took a halt and looked at me, "Oh. Wow, that's uh-that's great, I'm glad you're ready to see him now."

"I'm, not really sure if I am, to be honest."

As we continue to walk, I took out my hands from my coat and let it rest in my sides.

"Can I ask you something?" I broke the silence.

"Do not ask me again with one of your Jane Eyre books."

Letting out a chuckle, I took a sigh as I continue, "If someone—likes you, a-and... they asked you to be their partner. What exactly should you do?"

Hearing myself, I blabbed, "That sounds really stupid, I know, I'm sorr—"

"Lottie, you can only know something when you know it. Not a minute before. If I like them back, then, I don't really see the problem."

"But what if — what if, you like another person?"

He chuckled through his nose, as he shifts his body towards me, "I think you know the answer to that."

"Mr. Morris sure is happy to see you," he adds, as we look by the window seeing my dad waving his hand.

As we were now in a small booth, he closes the umbrella and handed it to me, "Here, so you won't get sick by the rain. Learned that the hard way."

"I'm not that a hardhead when sick!" I shout as he walks away.

He turns around, "You were a complete pain in the ass!"

Shaking my head, I turned around and remembered the actual reason why I'm here. I gave out an awkward smile, and let the wind chime make its noise simultaneously by the people conversing as I open the door, and walked towards his table.

"I'm—sorry, I kinda lost track of time."

"No, it's alright! I'm actually just grateful enough you're here," he says standing up, pulling the chair adjacent to where I was standing, as I sat down.

"It was kind of Leo to walk with you," he adds, pouring a wine at the glass in front of me.

"I'm not eighteen yet," I took a pause. "And, you know Leo?"

"Oh," he retrieves the bottle and sat down as he continues, "Of course, didn't he mention his father's clinic is under our company?"

Stunned, I could not help but to stutter, "Uh-I, what?"

He let out a chuckle as he sighs, "Enough about that. How are you? I know this might be very strange, I mean after all these years-you've grown so much."

Having no clue as to what to say, I let out a fake chuckle, but not as noticeable that he'd think it's fake.

"It looks good, hopefully the taste, too." he says pertaining to the food as we start to eat.

"Look, Giselle. I want to apologize again for not being there for you and your mother. How is she by the way, still feisty I suppose?"

I let out a chuckle, for real this time, as I drink the water in front of me.

"Your mother and I argued, constantly. Mainly because I was too preoccupied trying my best for the enterprise to take off for the sake of you two—I have abandoned both of you. Funny, isn't it?

"But Erin I—I want you to know that I regret every bit of what I did. Hurting the both of you. I let your grandparents get the best of me."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I breathed, "What do you mean?"

"Your mother's parents were not approved of us. They insulted me all those years of us dating, basically. Discouraged me in all aspects. But it doesn't matter to me now, of course."

"Can I ask why?"

With a smile plastered on his face, he continues, "Well, your mother had another suitor, and he's the one your grandparents wanted for Elizabeth to marry. But — your mother and I are–"

"In love?" I said in awe.

He chuckled, and nods. "Yes, Giselle. We married, then we had you. And as I was doing my best to provide you and your mother the life you both deserve, they were powerful enough to be on our way."

"So I have chosen that it's best to untie connections, so that your grandparents would still accept you and your mother. And vowed that I will come back one day and be with my family."

"Why—Why didn't they accepted you?" I asked.

Shrugging, he proceeds, "I was poor, yet ambitious."

Him seeing my confused reaction, he adds, "People who are poor as church mice do not have a place for someone like your mother, Giselle. Her parents think I was unable."

"It hurt me that the both of you needed to work for others, but at the same time, it gave me a sense of relief that she never came back to them, meaning that she'd still want us to be complete."

"But how come you never told us?" I asked once again, my mind was bursting with curiosity and unanswered queries.

"I didn't want you and your mother to put the blame with your grandpare—"

"But they are to be blamed!" I responded in volume.

Looking down on the ground, I started to question how much anger I had heaped for my dad all those years and now — I finally had the relief of feeling that my father isn't who I thought he is.

Reflecting everything that has happened today, I realized something.

"Dad. I think, I'm in the same situation as mom's."

He was shocked, he held my hand and continues, "My grown-up girl."

"I think I like the first person, but, he's out of my league. And the other, confessed earlier. I don't know what to do."

He smiled, and leaned back, "Giselle, I know for a fact that your mother chose me not because of each other's state. We loved both of our differences and similarities, we make each other laugh, and above all, her happiness and pain is mine too."

He continues, "Take heart, dear one. Tell them. It is not your fault that you have strong feelings for that person. And if it turns out they feel otherwise, know that your decision has made you stronger, nonetheless. It is part of life."

Afflicted by his words, I couldn't help but to smile, "He does make me laugh, and—he never made me feel anything less than what I am. He's always there for me, for better or for worse. He is so, incredibly handsome, dad." I gave out a giggle. "And—the most generous and kind person you will ever meet. Truth is, he has always been my source of happiness ever since I've moved here a-and I love how his dimples deepen whenever he'd smile even more. He usually is very serious looking but—Oh my God."

He curled his eyebrows, "What is it?"

I stood up with force, the fork fell down as my chair moved by a feet afar.

"I'm in love with Leonardo DiCaprio."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 19.7K 82
@colby_brock started following you
50.2K 861 12
"Why do you hate me?" I breathe softly. "Because I don't have you." He whispers while looking down.
1.2M 54.4K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
136K 1.8K 30
"Please don't go. We all need you... I need you." Ella Moore was visiting her grandma over the summer. She becomes fast friends sandlot boys since th...