Ghosts in Gotham

By Mask1005

Batman x Danny phantom "Danny we love you but we need time." "It's for the best if you leave Amity Park son... More

Intro
Gotham
Brother Grayson
Escape
Jason's POV
"Don't make promises you can't keep."
Ice cream
Therapy
'Creepy little boy with creepy little powers'
Tired of Bruce
Sorry
Terrible Father
One last Act
Snappy Danny
Wayne Gala
Ghosts
Monster
Bruce Wayne
Run
Thoughts of a brother (Dick)

I'm no 'world's greatest detective'

4.2K 139 38
By Mask1005

Thank you for reading and enjoy!

"Planning on running away kid?" The robotic voice stopped Danny from turning ghost as he stood still. "Again."

"N-no-"

"Whatever, Let's go." Danny quickly caught the helmet Red Hood threw at him. Even though he did not want to go anywhere with the man, he was terrified to disobey him. If Gotham times was a reliable source of information, then it was best if he did as told. He didn't want to test the man who was three times his size and had two guns strapped to his waist. Red Hood grabbed the helmet out of his hands, placing it on his head, dragging him to his bike. "I don't got all day, kid." By the time the ride was over, Danny was shaking in fear. Who drives like that? Did the man have a licence? Red Hood didn't even wait until he caught his breath before putting him over his shoulders. Danny struggled against the man's hold but the man had an iron grip. Was this the same man who saved his life last time?

"W-her-e are we?" Red Hood didn't answer, simply throwing him on the sofa.

"Sit and stay." Danny felt like his face was on fire as Red Hood patted his head like he was some lost puppy. This was his opportunity to escape but all hope was lost when he observed his surroundings. The wall behind him was covered with guns and weapons he had never seen. All the windows seemed to have some sort of security system and he doubted he could just walk out the door. He could turn ghost but then he would be revealing his secret. Unlike the manor, Red Hood did not attempt to hide the cameras in the small living room. Was this his home? It was dusty but it had all the supplies for someone to occupy it. "Alright Kid. Let's make this quick." Red Hood entered the room however his helmet was replaced with a baseball hat and a mask. The man still used the same robotic voice but at least he no longer had the guns on him. At least not visibly in sight.

"Y-es?" Red Hood took a medical box, preparing a springe. Danny paled as the man turned to him.

"Relax kid, it's painless compared to -" Danny stopped fiddling with his hands as Red Hood abruptly stopped mid sentence. Compared to what? Was he going to torture him? God No!

"A-re," he suddenly felt like he was suffocating as he tried to speak. His eyes were glued to the springe in the man's hand. Red Hood reached out to grab his arm but Danny was quicker. Jumping onto the leather couch, using all his weight and momentum he lunged at Red Hood. He could never allow the man to put that needle in him. The needle dropped to the ground but Red Hood only stumbled a few steps before regaining his balance. Just as quickly, pining Danny to the ground. He pushed Danny's face into the dusty wooden floor boards, placing a knee on his spine and holding his hands out of reach.

"You just had to piss me off!" Danny shivered at the man's tone. Danny prayed to the higher ghosts as Red Hood handcuffed his hands and pulled him to his feet. He dragged him to a dining room chair, cuffing him to it. Red Hood pulled another chair only inches away from Danny. The man had the wildest grin as he took a seat. "You're lucky kid. You know who I am?" Danny gave him a hesitant nod. "Then you know what I do. I ain't Batman and certainly not Blue bird." Who was the blue bird? Was it some sort of metaphor?

"P-l-"

"Do you want me to cut your tongue?" Danny closed his mouth, shaking his head in a no. The man had an unreadable expression, causing Danny to hold onto his chair as the man threw his to the side. Danny's nails dug into the wooden chair as he watched the man throw his furniture at the walls. After what felt like forever, the man calmed down. "Why are you shaking, kid? I thought you liked the cold." Danny's heart stopped as his eyes dilated. "H~hey breathe kid. I don't want you dying on me!" Danny's vision blurred as Red Hood panicked. "Don't cry kid-"

"Please let me go home. I promise I won't run away ever again." Tears continued to fall from the teens eyes. He was the ghost boy, protector of Amity park but in Gotham, he was nothing but a pathetic teen.

"I promise I'll drop you home, just stop crying." Danny nodded as he tried to stop his tears but they kept flowing. "I'm gonna open your hands but don't you dare try anything funny!" He did as promised, allowing Danny to wipe his tears. Red Hood silently placed a glass of water in front of him before picking up his chair. "As you can see, I'm not good at this kid. So let's keep it simple?" Danny drank the water, giving the man a small nod. Why did Bruce ever have such an unpredictable and unstable man look for him? He was grateful to be saved but this man was not the same man he met that night. This was the man he read about but ......... he was the same man?

"W-hy are you still using the voice modifier?" Danny did not know where the courage to ask the man a question came from but he took it. He was beginning to doubt if the man ever intended to hurt him. Maybe scare him but hurt - the ghost in Danny did not believe he would. The man who saved him had to be in there somewhere. Taking the silence as the answer, Danny shut his mouth.

"You don't want the ned-"

"No!" There was silence between the two as they stared into each other's eyes. Or Danny stared into the holes in the mask, where the man's eyes should be.

"Let's make a deal; No needles but in return, you don't tell brother dearest or Brucie of our little time together. Tell'em I found you in some shit hole." Danny took a deep breath as he considered the offer. On one hand, he could keep his secret safe but on the other, would that be a good idea? Not that Danny would ever tell Bruce or brother dearest? Was he referring to Mr. Grayson but how could the Red Hood know? Did he know Mr. Grayson? Danny could never imagine Mr. Grayson befriending a gang lord / anti-hero......... the man was awfully kind...... "What's it gonna be kid?"

"Deal?" It was a question more than an answer but Red Hood accepted it. Red Hood glanced at his phone before turning to him.

"You're about to be real famous kid." At Danny's confusion, Red Hood only smirked. "Let's skip all the small talk. I did a lil digging and Wa-La! I find out you're not what you seem. " Danny stilled at Red Hood's words. He couldn't find his voice to object, reply or make a single sound. "A small little town, rumored to be haunted by ghosts. There lives a boy, Danny Fenton and a town hero Danny Phantom," Red Hood paused, observing Danny. "Danny Fenton's parents are ghost hunters who despise ghosts but their lil boy - to me and a lot of others- is friends with Danny Phantom. Shall I continue?" Danny gulped as he forced his lips to move.

"W.....W-w-hat's you're p-oin-t?" It was barely above a whisper but he knew Red Hood heard by the smile the man had on his face.

"I'm no 'world's greatest detective' but seems to me like we 're on to something." Red Hood glanced at his phone once again, frowning as he typed something. "Look kid, I don't care who you're friends with or what you do. There's only one thing I gotta know," he paused, looking into Danny's blue orbs. "Where do I find this Danny Phantom?" Danny's body temperature rose by every passing second. Sweat dripped down his forehead as his breathing fastened. Red Hood's eyes did not leave him for a second.

"Why?" It was a squeal but Hood heard.

"Because I could use...........his skills.........The less you know the better." Red Hood killed people. Why would someone like him need Danny Phantom? Did he want him to kill someone? Shadow? Or...... did he want to experiment? Danny dug his nails further into the chair, gathering all his ghost courage.

"I don't know where he is-"

"You know. Don't push my patience kid but if it gives you any reassurance, I'm not going to hurt him. It's a simple mission; he goes in undetected and comes out." The ghost in Danny urged him to believe the man's words but how could he? This man once saved his life but today, he dragged him to some unknown place, attempted to take his blood, tied him, threatened him and now wants to know about Danny Phantom!

"Relax kid, it's painless compared to -"

"Why are you shaking, kid? I thought you liked the cold."

"A small little town, rumored to be haunted by ghosts. There lives a boy, Danny Fenton and a town hero Danny Phantom."

"Danny Fenton's parents are ghost hunters who despise ghosts but their lil boy - to me and a lot of others- is friends with Danny Phantom. Shall I continue?"

"I'm no world's greatest detective but seems to me like we 're on to something."

"Where do I find this Danny Phantom?

"You know who I am." It was not a question but a statement. "You know." Danny felt his panic begin to rise but a sense of calm took over. It was like someone was calming him. Instructing his body to relax in some sort of promise of safety? "You know."

"If I didn't, I sure as hell know now." Danny's face turned a dark shade of red as his own stupidity came crashing down on him. Yah. Just had to say 'you know'. "Yes. I know." If he knew then Danny no longer had to fear revealing his secret. He could fight this man but should he?

"Since......since you know who I am.........then shouldn't I know who you are?" It sounded more convincing in his head then in reality. To his surprise, Red Hood laughed? He was sure the man would pull out his gun.

"Take a guess sherlock." Danny frowned as he looked around the room for some sort of clue. How could he guess? He could be anyone in Gotham. Red Hood had a smug grin on his face as he awaited for Danny's answer. Danny didn't meet many people in Gotham and Red Hood had a certain aura and physique. Almost like Jason..........

"Jason Todd."

"So what's your tragic backstory?"

"Did your parents die?"

"Live on the streets?"

"Found the family secret?"

"Raised by Assassins?"

"Back from the dead?"

Jason pulled out a gun, taking off the safety pin. "I don't mind shooting a kid."

BANG

Danny took a deep breath to calm his nerves as the sound of the bullet resonated in his ears. Those could be mere coincidences?

"Let's go. You're guardians have been looking for you."

"Trust me kid. More than half the city knows Bat- Bruce is searching for you. You know Billionaire Playboy, Prince of Gotham, et cetera,"

Did Jason have a license for his motorbike?

Who drives like that? Did the man have a license?

"My biological mother sold me to a mad man. I know how it feels to be abandoned by the people who were meant to love and protect us. Stop thinking you're alone. It will only lead you to your death."

The more he thought about it, the more the two seem to be one. Red Hood found him the first time and Jason found him the next time. Danny observed the cocky man in front of him. Yes he had the same physique and aura. He hid his voice and hair. The baseball hat did not fit the man's style.

"Jason?" Red Hood took off his mask and hat as he gave Danny a theatrical bow.

"In the flesh."

A/N:

Like and comment!

First off, how are you guys? I hope well.

Sorry for not updating for a while. Honestly, I have been doing nothing. For the past week, I would write a little bit of the chapter but then I would go binge read some stories on Wattpad, binge watch Netflix, Youtube, and play games. Also I developed a new interest in Godzilla - watched Godzilla 2014 and Godzilla: King of monsters. Can't wait for Godzilla vs. King Kong. Lastly, my classes start next week so yah!

Anyways, I'm still alive and will continue to update. Lol, my New Year's Resolution was to not do exactly what I have been doing this past week. There goes that! Did you guys make any resolutions for this year? Does anyone have any tips to improve my binge doing habits? 

☠👻☠

Be safe, stay warm and best wishes.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 998 17
Danny has learned that he's was adopted when he was little. Danny is determined to find who his biological parents are. When he finds out who his rea...
156K 6.2K 53
"He's not your son, Jack! He's ghost scum!" Danny Fenton AKA Danny Phantom is now 12 years old, having done everything in the cartoon except reveal...
314K 10.4K 49
What if Danny Phantom and Dick Grayson were brothers? Richard and Daniel Grayson lost their parents and were both taken in by Bruce Wayne. They were...
1.2K 34 23
Her life was finally looking up, her family accepted her as a hero. She was bringing Hope to Gotham, and even if she didn't know it, was accepted int...