Paint || BokuAka

By r3dlov3

"What would you say if I said I loved you?" He's lost in his own reality that shattered right in front of him... More

- chapter 1 • red paint -
- chapter 2 • coffee -
- chapter 3 • emotions -
- chapter 4 • bruises -
- chapter 5 • ice cream -
- chapter 6 • why do you care? -
- chapter 7 • college boys-
- chapter 8 • texting -
- chapter 9 • beach -
- chapter 10 • galaxy of colors -
- chapter 11 • i want your help -
- chapter 13 • sunrise -
- chapter 14 • the text -
- chapter 15 • boy in pink, chances -
- chapter 16 • bang -
- chapter 17 • only because he was high -
- chapter 18 • lighter -
- chapter 19 • isolate, now -
- chapter 20 • waiter boy; useless -
- chapter 21 • hey, pretty boy -
- chapter 22 • each month; fight for sanity -
- chapter 23 • everything is destroying me -
- chapter 24 • stuck in my own riptide -
- chapter 25 • never the same -
- chapter 26 • imagination was key -
- chapter 27 • happiness can't be found -
- chapter 28 • snow falls -
- chapter 29 • happy birthday, keiji -
- chapter 30 • epilogue -

- chapter 12 • sleep deprivation -

1.2K 42 38
By r3dlov3

"I'm so tired.." Bokuto says as he peels off his shirt.

"I can spray water on you..?" Kuroo laughs as he puts on his workout shirt. Bokuto laughed along with the bed headed guy.

"I think that would be helpful.. just don't hit my hair." Bokuto slowly says.

"You actually don't seem to well dude." Kuroo props up at looks at him. "When was the last time you slept?"

Bokuto straightened his back and looked at Kuroo. His eye bags were bigger and it seemed his eyes sparkle had died down.

"Honestly I don't remember..!" Bokuto laughed. "I mean it's been a week since.. well you know. I haven't been able to sleep at all." Bokuto slurred out.

"Dude you really need to sleep." Kuroo looked him straight in the eyes.

"Honestly.. I'll be fine." Bokuto glared at him.

"Are you drinking water at all?" Kuroo said while shoving his bag into the small locker.

"No shit Kuroo. Of course I am." Bokuto snapped. "I'm going out to the court." Bokuto said and left the stuffy locker room.

There were only five people on the court ready to practice including Bokuto and Kuroo.

"Guys ready?" The short volleyball player yelled out.

"Yes sir!" The rest of the players said, including Bokuto. Bokuto's 'yes sir!' wasn't as loud as it normally was.

The team warmed up in the gym. After running and stretching it started to get stuffy in the gym like it usually did.

"Fuck.." Bokuto whispered under his breath, wheezing for air.

Someone came over and clutched his shoulder, "Hey.. you good?" The voice said. 

"I'm.. perfectly fine.." Bokuto propped up and put his hands on his waist.

"Just checking.." He said and walked back to the other teammates.

"This is harder than I thought.." The owl head whispered. He was extremely exhausted, when was the last time he took a sip of water?

The team started to hit their serves over the net. One by one they did their jump serves and ran around the net to snatch the ball back. Now it was Bokuto's turn, he threw up the ball ran forward and jumped. He slammed the ball across the court, it hit past the line on the other side of the court.

"Duck!" He screamed out.

"You know that wasn't a cuss word!" Yaku screamed across the court.

"I know!" Bokuto yelled back laughing. The whole team laughed at the enthusiastic boy.

The rest of practice was like hell for Bokuto. His head was pounding and it felt like he was going to vomit all over himself.

"I really should have slept more.." Bokuto whispered to himself while wiping his sweat off with a towel. Bokuto felt weak, the weakest he's ever felt. His eyes dazed a bit, being blinded by the bright lights in the gym.

"You all did great!" Yaku said with a slight sarcastic tone.

"Oh shut up!" One of them said while laughing.

"I guess you guys can change.." Yaku rolled his eyes and started stepping his way towards the door. The players grouped up and made their way to the door laughing and joking around.

Bokuto lagged behind the group. Why did he feel so fuzzy? His eyes fluttered shut then popped open. He skidded his foot to make a screeching noise, the shoe stopped and he tripped. His eyes blackened and his mind went blank.

'Fuc-..' Bokuto's last thought came to mind when he skidded down to the floor.

Thump

That was all the players heard. They turned their heads, the loud voices went silent in a second.

"Shit! Bokuto!" Kuroo yelled as he slid down to his side.

"Is he okay?!" The setter Sugawara slightly shouted as he quickly walked to the unconscious boys side.

Kuroo leaned Bokuto up and slapped him.

"What the hell Kuroo! Don't do that!" Sugawara quickly said as he swatted his hand away. Kuroo and Sugawara slowly put Bokuto's arms around their shoulders and slid their arms around his waist.

They dragged him over to the wall and slowly set him down against the wall.

"Some one go get a wet towel!" Suga said while lifting the muscled arm off of him.

"On it!" One of the players said as they ran out of the gym.

"I think he just passed out from sleep deprivation.." Sugawara said as he put the back of his hand onto Bokuto's forehead. "Do you know the last time he got any sleep..?" He turned his head to the bed headed boy.

"No.. he's been stressed lately. Something happened, I don't think I should say though." Kuroo slumped onto the floor. "Idiot." He sneered.

~

Bokuto shuttered open. Where was he? He looked around, he was on the gym floor. Was that Kuroo next to him?

"Frick.." Bokuto put his hand on his head. He used his arm to prop him up. His eyes adjusted to the light of the gym. "What the hell happened..?"

Kuroo quick sat up and looked at him, "Your an idiot." Kuroo then slapped him on the head.

"Ow-" Bokuto quietly said. Then it all came flooding back to him, like a dam broke in his mind. "Oh shi- shoot nuggets.. I totally blacked out didn't I?" Bokuto looked at Kuroo.

"Ye-" Kuroo's mouth opened but got cut off.

"Yea! What the hell Bokuto! Making us care for you." Yaku said walking in.

"I'm sorry.." Bokuto apologized.

Yaku came over and put his hand on Bokuto's shoulder, "Hey, as long as your good." Yaku smiled.

Bokuto smiled back weakly. Soon after Bokuto gained consciousness he and Kuroo left.

Kuroo wheezed, "I can't believe you totally passed out on court!"

Bokuto and Kuroo were now walking through the campus towards the dorms.

"I'm sorry.." Bokuto said quietly. His back slumped a bit, a slight ba-dump kept hitting at his head.

"Hey dude.. I'm just joking.." Kuroo nudged him a bit. "But you need to sleep tonight.. Maybe you can see Akaashi tomorrow!" Kuroo tried to lift the mood.

"Mhm." Bokuto hummed.

Kuroo dropped Bokuto off at his dorm and skipped his way towards Kenma's dorm.

~

Bokuto fell onto his bed completely drained of energy. Every inch of his body hurt.

"Why can't I see you Akaashi..?" Bokuto winced under his breath. He turned over and buried his head into his pillows. "I'm worried.. should I be though?" He turned back upwards and looked at the ceiling.

One single tear ran down his face.

~

"Mmmh.." Bokuto whined and woke up violently. "Fu- Frick! I need to really stop cussing.." He said to himself rubbing his head.

He checked his phone.

11:29 PM

"Ughh.. mmmh.." Bokuto turned over in his bed and snuggled into his pillows once more.

Bokuto sat up quickly, "I can't sleep!" Bokuto rubbed his eyes and slid his legs out of the blankets. A quick breeze washed over his legs and made him shiver. He quickly bounced up and pulled over some sweatpants and a big hoodie. Then he shivered and slid the hood over his hair.

He's decided to go on a drive, maybe get some food. When was the last time he's eaten? He quickly slipped the phone into his pocket and jiggled his keys.

He slid his way out the dorm room and down to the first floor. He walked out of the building, his posture slightly slumped. Why was he up? Where was he going?

The car engine started up, Bokuto's ear jumped from the loud noise. He sat in his seat and held the stirring wheel. He slammed his head into the stirring wheel and kept putting his head down on it. Multiple car horns kept going off, probably waking up many people.. he should get out of there.

He put his car in reverse and backed out. He stopped from backing out and turned the wheel to get on the street. He stopped for a second, he lifted up his phone and connected Spotify.

He was about to put on 'Tongue Tied', but he honestly didn't feel like it. He scrolled through and found one.

'It's OK' by Tom Rosenthal.

He sat there, the wheel slightly going side to side. Driving down the dark streets weakly lighted from the tall street lights, listening to a song that hurt his heart.

•••

a/n: Hello.. I uhm.. Goodbye 😓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 6.3K 70
"Look I'm straight, I just low-key always wondered how it'd feel like to fuck a dude." "Yeah well I'm straight too, and I low-key always wondered how...
The Whole Truth By jaxharlow

Mystery / Thriller

438K 20.2K 52
Adele knows she witnessed a murder - what she doesn't know is just how personal it is. ...
9.2K 345 54
(𝗩𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴) 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 It's one game of truth or dare, what could go wrong? "Yeah I liked him, but that was back in high...
54.8K 1.2K 11
The third years graduated, and Kuroo went to study abroad. Kenma's a third year now, the captain of Nekoma Team. A lot has changed since he last saw...