๐“๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐‹๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐“๐ก๏ฟฝ...

By lovetori_xo

Giwa Falade is the ruthless Queen Bee of Castron High. Known for her sassy, bold, no-nonsense attitude and aw... More

Author's note
Those Little Things
1ยฐ
2ยฐ
3ยฐ
4ยฐ
5ยฐ
6ยฐ
7ยฐ
8ยฐ
9ยฐ
10ยฐ
CASTยฐ
11ยฐ
12ยฐ
13ยฐ
14ยฐ
15ยฐ
16ยฐ
17ยฐ
18ยฐ
19ยฐ
20ยฐ
21ยฐ
22ยฐ
23ยฐ
24ยฐ
25ยฐ
26ยฐ
27ยฐ
28ยฐ
29ยฐ
30ยฐ
31ยฐ
32ยฐ
33ยฐ
34ยฐ
35ยฐ
36ยฐ
37ยฐ
38
39ยฐ
40ยฐ
41ยฐ
42ยฐ
43ยฐ
44ยฐ
45ยฐ
46ยฐ
47ยฐ
48ยฐ
49ยฐ
50ยฐ
51ยฐ
52ยฐ
53ยฐ
54ยฐ
55ยฐ
56ยฐ
57ยฐ
58ยฐ
A few things I want to sayโค๏ธ
59ยฐ
60ยฐ
61ยฐ
62ยฐ
63ยฐ
64ยฐ
65ยฐ
66ยฐ
67ยฐ
68ยฐ
69ยฐ
70ยฐ
71ยฐ
72ยฐ
73ยฐ
Pre-updateโค๏ธ
74ยฐ
75ยฐ
76ยฐ
77ยฐ
78ยฐ
DO NOT IGNORE ๐Ÿ™
79ยฐ
80ยฐ
ONE WORLD SERIES
81ยฐ
82ยฐ
83ยฐ
84ยฐ
85Bยฐ
85Cยฐ
86ยฐ{FINAL CHAPTER}
THINGS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED OUT IN TLT
Q and A
NOTICEโ—โ—

85Aยฐ

3.4K 842 993
By lovetori_xo

Hey guys. I'll have to apologise for dissapearing this week. Time wasn't on my side at all. I can't give you a breakdown on everything I've had to deal with this week, but just know that this update was a miracle. I'm working on the second part of the chapter and I'm wishing to finish it tonight, but I won't make promises. Lemme see how it goes for me.

As you can see, I renumbered the chapters lol, soooo don't be confused. Our babies are still in their prom, iyeh✨ 

Y'all were asking for the guys prom outfits and lemme confess, I suck at men's clothing 😭💔 But through external help, I tried to get good outfits for the boys, I hope y'all like😊✌️

Also, I tampered a little with Krisdana's face claim and they took away all my inline comments from the cast page, it's sad cause those comments gave me joy, but okay🤧 Feel free to check out Krisdana though ❤️

Let's go into the chapter.....✨✨

~IVANDOR~

"FEJAUN!"

I had barely even stepped foot into the noisy-as- hell reception and bunch of loud, excited, guffawing boys were surrounding me, actively trying to force me into joining in the video they were making.

"Back with your graduating boys! So this one is for all time sake.." I stopped Aaron from putting his arm around me as he screamed into the video he was making with so much enthusiasm.

"So, I'm back with my homie, Fejaun.."

Huh? Homie?

"You know, naw! He's my guy. He's my bro! We homies!" Aaron kept announcing in the video.

Guy? Bro? Homies? What?

"We roll, yeah? We cool. We tight! We roll on a regular!" He kept claiming.

"No, we don't.." I was trying to say, but I could only let out the first word, and his loud laughter caught my entire sentence off immediately. It actually startled me a bit.

Aaron shoved my chest as he laughed. "This guy, you're funny, you're funny! I like this guy!"

I didn't even say anything.

"So, so, tell us, my guy!" Aaron put the spotlight on me. "How is the night going for you? What are you your plans for the night?"

"Yeah, we heard you're taking Giwa Falade to prom, yeah? You know? Everyone's been talking about it and all. So, does that mean we're shipping you two or nah??" Casper followed up.

I wasn't planning too.. but I actually smiled.

"Guy, you dey blush for us!?" Aaron screamed immediately.

Against my will, I actually laughed. The way I opened up seemed to excite the boys even more and fill them up with more activeness.

I realised the only way they'd leave me alone is if I just answer all their questions, so I did just that. I was a bit relieved when they let me go and pounced on their next target.

A BurnaBoy song was playing as I moved past bodies of the boys of my set, all dressed up and set for the night, laughing loudly, talking loudly, taking group pictures, and like Aaron, Casper and co, making unending videos of themselves and everyone around them.

I smiled to myself. Prom Night. The Night that everyone had been waiting for.

The Night I had to spend quality time with Giwa..

Anticipating, I laughed softly to myself, shoved my hands in the pockets of my three-piece suit trousers and thought about how wonderful the night was going to be, as I walked towards the couches, arranged in the middle of the large, spaced, white-walled, gold lighted reception.

I barely had a chance to sit and relax on the couch. I was whipping out my phone when Nova literally stormed me. Nearly collided with me even.

"What's up, bro!" He shouted, slapping my palm in a handshake. I smiled, acknowledged him.

"You look like you're on a mission to steal hearts during prom, guy. Tell me, is that your plan?" He was wriggling his eyebrows at me, indirectly laying out a compliment.

"Shut up, bro." I answered him, and he threw his head back and laughed hysterically.

"But no, no, no, lukatchu! With the three piece that's looking like it cost a million dollars. You now decided to go all blue, you're twinning with Giwa now, ba?" He was saying.

My interest piqued at the mention of her name.

"I wish I could twin with my babe too. We didn't talk things out before time. But it's all good. Pink and red isn't a bad combo, right?" Nova was saying, gesturing towards his pink and white suit.

Nova's 'fit oo. Abi y'all have rested😂❤️

And Ivandor's prom outfit too😋

"How do you even know what the girls are wearing?" I had to ask Nova.

A wide grin spread across Nova's face and instead of simply answering my question, he decided to scoot into the couch with me and the next thing, he was showing me a bunch of screen recorded videos.

"I'm not a stalker oo," he assured me. "But I was following Shade's live videos on IG back to back and the girls have been flaunting since!"

Interesting. Not a stalker indeed.

"So, I saved some of them, lemme flaunt my Shayde for you!" An excited Nova said and quickly he was showing me videos of Shade, pictures she had sent him and pictures he had stolen from her page recently.

I don't know why I sat there, letting him, when clearly it was none of my business. With all due respect to Shade, she looked amazing, but Nova couldn't expect me to be as super excited as he was to be seeing her pictures and videos.

"This one was before her make up and dress up," he swiped to the next picture. "And this one was the picture of her dress, she sent it to me... And yes, this one is her, wearing the dress... And this one..." He paused at a group picture of the girls together, without Shade, and swiped past it, to the next picture, "And this one.."

"Wait, stop." I told him. He looked at me.

"Give me that phone." I ordered.

"Ahh!" Nova was humored by my sudden seriousness.

"Let me see the last picture." I went on.

"Which one?" He asked.

"The group picture you skipped. I saw something." I said.

"Shade wasn't in the picture, it was_" he stopped talking immediately, realising. The next second, he broke into a loud, uncontrollable laughter, holding his ribs and nearly choking.

I just looked at the boy. When I tried to get his phone from him, he pushed my hand away and wouldn't let me.

"Just say you want to see Giwa, guy!" He was taunting me in between choking laughter.

I laughed too, a little. Shook my head at this boy and thinking how unfair he was being. He was making me watch videos and gloss through never ending pictures of Shade, but he wouldn't even let me see Giwa.

"CHRIS BROWN!" Aaron's voice literally overshadowed the music playing and instantly called everyone's attention to the stairway.

"Poor Yure," Nova laughed.

Yure looked shocked and confused as hell as the same boys who had stormed me earlier gathered him too, causing a whole hell of noise all in the name of making their videos.

We all were together in our room initially, but Yure was the last one to get ready. Nova decided he'd wait for us in the reception, and I ended up coming down before Yure. It was barely minutes to 8pm. I knew that soon, we'd be asked to leave for our prom.

""HELLO! HELLO! BOYS!"

I instantly recognised the voice before I saw him. Mr. Charles Bassey. Charlie Ba. And I knew exactly why he was here.

"It's 7:40pm, Boys! We need to get going. You don't want to show up late for your prom, now do you?" The teacher shouted to all our hearing.

Yup. I knew he was going to say exactly that.

I saw the look of relief on Yure's face when the boys immediately left him. My mouth, however, dropped when I saw them, rushing towards Charlie Ba, hooting, hollering, praising and cheering and I knew they were coming for the poor man.

"Ah Ah, you people want to push me down!?" Charlie Ba was alarmed, shocked and somewhat scared as they gathered him. In seconds, the man was completely covered up by tall boys, who were more than excited to include him in their video as well.

I shook my head. For the first time, I smiled at the boys. I actually smiled. Their excitement. Their happiness. Their overactiveness. It made me smile. I couldn't believe that after tommorrow, I may never be able to see them all together, like this. In a way, that fact actually bothered me.

Yure walked in on us, adjusting his green coloured suit that the boys had almost pulled off him in the course of their madness.

"Did they also do that to you guys?" Yure asked, joining us on the couch easily.

" Like, did they jump you guys too?" He asked, looking between me and Nova.

"There's no human in this room that hasn't been added into that vid that Aaron and Casper are making." Nova told us.

Oh, wow. Really.

"You know how those guys are, naw. Always trying to document everything." Nova said.

" Gotta admire their determination to keep memories." Yure shrugged.

"True." I agreed. I genuinely agreed.

"Even if they almost messed up my look," Yure said, adjusting his suit again for the hundredth time.

There was absolutely no problem with how he looked. He didn't even look like someone who just got ... Jumped.

Yure's look ooo. (These boys be looking like snacks tonight😋😋)

"You still clean, bro. Don't sweat it!" Nova assured Yure, helping him to dust off imaginary dirt off the shoulders of his suit.

"You guys don't look so bad yourselves," Yure smiled approvingly to the both of us.

"ALRIGHT, BOYS! LET'S BE MOVING! THE BUSES ARE WAITING OUTSIDE!"

That was Charlie Ba... And I was guessing those boys finally decided to give him his breathing space.

Quickly, we adhered. All the boys started to shuffle their feet, everyone, moving out of the reception on the man's order. That was one thing about the man. He easily knew how to control us without even trying to hard. Everyone loved Charlie Ba.

We weren't getting into the buses with the rest of our set boys, because Yure was already driving us there, in his brand new Jeep Cherokee Trailkawk, the latest model. One he had refused to disclose the price, but I was certain it cost nearly a million dollars. Yure wasn't one to talk about things h Ie owned, I had noticed.

"Oh boy! This one na machine!"

"I fit gree mae this one jam me, mai die!"

God, how did these boys even find us again?

Aaron and Casper.

They didn't even allow us to say a word. After hyping up Yure's car, without even asking, they just opened the car door, got inside the car and made themselves comfortable, balancing and enjoying the feel and confidently telling Yure, Nova and I to get in the car, so we wouldn't be late for Prom.

Funny, yeah? These boys had already made up their minds on joining our ride, without even giving a fuck about what we felt about that.

I just shook my head and laughed to myself. Goofs.

Nova insisted we also take Charlie Ba with us and we agreed on that. He sat with Yure in front, comfortably taking the passengers seat, while the rest of us spread ourselves in the other seats of the car.

As much as I felt that these boys, Aaron and Casper were going to deafen me with noise, I didn't hate the ride and I couldn't even understand why. Charlie Ba easily sparked a conversation with us all, one that mostly Nova, Aaron and Casper took leads in and talked the most.

I just smiled through out most of the conversation, thinking about the night and instantly knowing it. I knew I was going to enjoy this night. I knew.

We reached the hall, the venue for the prom, and as we parked in with the other cars in the lot, I could already hear cool afro beats from the inside of the hall. From the inside of the photochromic windows of the car, I could already see the buses and the excited boys, who were already dressed in their prom dresses, hopping out of them. Girls, who were just arriving, stepping down from their own buses, gloriously flaunting their prom dresses. They all looked happy and they showed it. Everyone was happy. I was happy.

We stepped down from Yure's car to see that our boys were already easily mingling with the girls, talking to them, in their groups, and picking up their dates, as well. Quickly, it turned to a social reunion of boys and girls.

The place was damn full. Not just with my class boys and girls. I could also see that all the Ss2 Prefects were present, either confidently or akwardly standing around, dressed cordially in the school uniform. They were going to serve the roles of Ushers and servers, for our prom. I knew that, because I, as well as the other Prefects did that for our seniors' prom when we were in Ss2.

Some juniors who weren't prefects were hanging around too. I saw them all, juniors from different classes, taking sneak peeks at all our outfits, some of the girls, pulling out their phones and taking pictures.

And Christ, Christ, so many cameras!

Everywhere! I thought I would go blind from all the flashes of lights from the cameras. The school always sent proffessional photographers to capture the prom moment. In the end, we had CDs of our prom, as well as a bunch of pictures randomly taken amd grouped into a prom album book that was distributed free of charge to the entire set.

It was crazy, honestly. You couldn't possible know what the camera may have caught you doing, until you see yourself in the album, picking your nose or laughing like an ugly jackass.

Anyways, everyone was still hanging around, savoring all the attention from the Cameras', awing, spectating junior students and their classmates. I saw some classmates by the photo booth, taking couple pictures, clique pictures, group pictures, pictures with their prom dates, best friends, or even with their siblings that they may have found spectating or something.

The doors weren't even opened for us yet. Not until it was 8pm, definitely. The two way entrance doors were shut and decorated, efficiently blocking any entrance with the velvet ropes and golden stands. A long red carpet flowed from the doors and to a distance in front of the hall, the entire walkway was blocked by velvet ropes and stands. One I knew was set for us to dramatically walk in with our prom dates.

I couldn't help but think about Giwa.

Giwa Falade..

I couldn't explain how good it made me feel that I had to spend this last night with her. Before this time, we hadn't talked that much. I noticed, just through our little texts, that something about Giwa was ... New.

She used softer words. More emojis. Her speech pattern was just... Different. Softer.

Then, we came back and what I saw of her.. Her new demeanor actually shook me for a moment.

She still had that confidence oozing out of her. Still walked with her head high and her spine straight, but that posture of hers' wasn't as aggressive and fearful as before. Neither was it filled with pride. I don't know what about it communicated a different message about her, but it did. She simply looked like a strong, confident girl.

Then I talked to her.... I was certain that it wasn't just me noticing things. I always knew she had it in her, that softer, lighter side of her.

After everything had gone down, I thought I was wrong. I thought I was being delusional the whole entire time.... But Giwa proved me wrong. She always had it in her. Always. And, if she had really been working on herself the entire time that shit was going down with her, and everyone else, I could confidently say that, by now, she had completely groomed this new side of her.

I havn't gotten over her...

I havn't gotten over Giwa..

I got reminded of that over and over, and every time I remember that we may soon be gone. It made me very unhappy.

I hadn't even told her yet, but we'd be leaving the country in two weeks. Krisdana and I. And everytime I thought about having to leave Giwa, it bothered me.

Atleast, I had this night with her.

But... Where was she?

I checked my wrist watch. Nine more minutes to 8pm. Where was Giwa?

"GUY, WHAT'S UP, NA!"

I got lost in the universe in my head that I had unintentionally and completely cut myself out of Aaron and Casper's noise as they greeted every single classmate around.

Yure told me he was going with Aaron and Casper to meet the twin that was supposed to be his prom date. He still wasn't sure which twin he was supposed to be going to prom with. The boy and confusion. Sigh.

Charlie Ba had left earlier before them to pick up Ms. Anthonia, his supposed Prom date. Aaron and Casper shocked me with their boldness as they teased our teacher non-stop.

I ended up chilling with Nova, who kept complimenting every single girl around us and making them blush senseless.

That's when they showed up.

Shade's white limo pulled up into the area. And quite dramatically, if I may add.

Every single human's attention turned to it. Classmates, boys and girls. Juniors. Prefects. Even the photographers suddenly directed all their attention to them, pointing all their video cameras' at them and flashing lights non-stop in the name of taking pictures.

Shade stepped out first, causing gasps and whispers to be heard. The noise skyrocketed, and Nova's mouth literally dropped. I swear, I didn't even know when he left my side and was with the girl in seconds.

Krisdana followed up next, helping Prissy out of the car, both girls giggling. I smiled to myself. Truly surprised that Krisdana was actually genuine about being friends with Prissy. I had to admit... Something about my last conversation with Krisdana really didn't sit well with me.

The noise hadn't died down yet and I wondered why I wasn't seeing Giwa. I was about to start panicking, but then...

She stepped down.

Giwa stepped down from the limo.

My heart actually stopped beating for a second.

The guards around were helping her as she held her fluffy, ball dress in her hands and I was stunned by how beautiful she looked.

Christ...

I couldn't get my eyes off her. She looked like royalty. Everything about her. Her hair, her natural hair that was now all curled up and proper. If I hadn't known her natural hair was that long and full, I would have concluded she had on weaves. Her dress, looked straight from a palace or a ball room. Glitter, gold shoes, and gold jewelry. Her face, beautiful, completely beautiful. I couldn't look away.

She had only walked a few steps, laughing with the girls as they all talked with Nova. They, not paying attention to all the commotion their entrance was causing, and Giwa, herself, seeming lost in the night, admiration and approval was evident in her eyes, as she observed the place.

That's when her eyes met mine directly.

I saw a glow in her eyes. She paused for a moment... And then a smile, a sweet heart warming smile, spread across her face.

That's when I realised..

I should be there, getting her!

I got so carried away that I couldn't even move or think and immediately, I walked towards Giwa.

"Hey," I said to her as soon as I got to her. Nearly lost my breath, getting her look up close.

"You.. you look so beautiful." I told her. I knew it. I knew I wasn't even hiding my approval. "Mind-blowing."

Giwa blushed.

"Thank you." She said to me. "You don't look so bad yourself."

I got interrupted by Krisdana's taunting and the the girls and Nova, laughing at her jokes. After a whole minute of that, Krisdana took them all away, winking encouragingly, shortly at me before walking away with all of them.

I smiled, stretched forth a hand to Giwa, and she took it promptly.

8'pm, sharp.

The doors were about to be opened and the call was made for us to pair up with our dates and get ready to go in. I walked with Giwa, making our way to the red carpet, and feeling elated about spending the night with her.

~GIWA~

I stepped down last from Shade's limo and was quickly mesmerised by the atmosphere.

Prom Night. That's what it looked like. That's what it was.

The joy. The laughter. Music. Classmates, dressed up, mingling with each other. Juniors, Prefects, they all, spectating, excited for us too. The cameras', all of them were suddenly flashing on us, non-stop. I actually lost my breath for a second, thinking my heart will fail from the joy and satisfaction of the night.

The girls were chit-chatting about something and I only added a bit of laughter into the conversation as I was majorly carried away by the feel of the night.

That's when I noticed him.

Ivandor.

He was standing there, a few feet away, temporarily frozen, looking at me like I was moulded out of gold, and my heart skipped a beat.

I didn't even realise I, too, wasn't moving, watching him, wondering if it wasn't a crime to look as good as he did tonight.

I smiled. Satisfied. Happy, and already anticipating the night with him, and he started walking over to me.

"Hey."

He was still looking at me that way. Like I was the only one that mattered at the moment.

"You.. You look so beautiful." He complimented and even by looking at him, you could tell that he meant every word.

"Mind blowing." He even added, looking like he was searching for more words to express himself.

I couldn't help it. I blushed. I just couldn't help it. The butterflies in my tummy attacked again, and my heart was fluttering beyond my control.

"Thankyou," I said to him. I shrugged, "You don't look so bad yourself."

That was when Krisdana started talking and talking, taunting us and chanting 'mad oo'. I laughed. However, she had indirectly given us our space when she gathered everyone, including Nova and made them leave us.

I dropped my hand in Ivandor's and we walked together towards the red carpet, where the other couples or prom partners were lining up for our dramatic entrance into the prom hall.

"I can't believe this is actually happening," I said to Ivandor as I breathed, we both took a stand behind a pair.

"Prom, right?" He answered. "How time flies."

We all were setting ourselves, pair after pair, behind each other (everyone, with their prom dates), waiting for the doors to be officially opened, when we started hearing tiny, distant chatters and calls of our names. I frowned slightly, recognising the voices.

Ivandor and I turned at the same time, looking towards the velvet ropes that had the juniors, watching us and taking pictures.

Amongst the crowd of juniors, I easily spotted Nini first. She stood there, holding the red velvet ropes that blocked her from coming in further as she smiled and waved at us. Ivandor's sister was by her side, and some junior girl was with the both of them. Ivandor and I smiled at the girls, who looked very excited for us, and I did same too, waving back at the girls.

We all walked into the hall, with all the spotlight and attention from the students, who couldn't get enough of admiring us and wishing they were us. Camera lights, falling on each pair, accordingly. It was like it was all planned. We walked in pairs, boys, by the right and girl's by the left, holding hands, and majestically walking down the red carpet and into the hall.

The music was at it's loudest now as Ivandor and I stepped into the Hall. 365 by Katy Perry. I had never had any feeling towards the song, but having it was associated with this moment at this time, I knew I'd never look at the song the same way again.

The hall was majorly having an exotic purple effect, with these beautiful, white lights, dotting the ceilings, floors, walls and literally everywhere, like there was an invisible disco on the ceiling that was spreading the lights everywhere and coupled with the purple look of the room, it all gave off this heavenly feel. It was something I couldn't explain.

We first walked into an open space. I figured it was going to be our space for dancing, perhaps. It was only slightly decorated by these white fancy couches that were placed and arranged at the sides of the wall.

Visuals of what I picture the dance hall area of the prom hall to look like😊

Michael and Aminah met us first, and offered to guide us to the other section of the Hall - The Dinner Banquet - past the vast space we all had initially walked into.

I had smiled at them, appreciating their offer, and when I asked Aminah where Stella was, she told me that she had other plans for the night. I didn't know what that meant, but I didn't ask. Although, a part of me was awed by the fact that the two girls were working together, in peace, even after only one of them had won the post of Head Girl.

The dinner banquet of the hall was more equipped. Chandeliers, expensive looking, fancy chandeliers. Fancier tables for two, four, and more, decorated with flowers, expensive wines, and food covered up stylishly in plates and bowls that looked like they were made of gold. Pretty banners that spelt out the event and congratulatory posters decorated the place, and the lights looked even more beautiful. Too beautiful. Too beautiful.

We were led to a special table for two and Ivandor pulled out a seat for me to sit, before having his seat and dashing me an addictive smile.

"God, I wish this night doesn't have to end," I didn't even know I had said that out loud until Ivandor had laughed softly at my comment.

"The night is only starting, Giwa," he looked at me. "Live in the moment. Don't think about it ending just yet."

I smiled, breathed, nodded.

This honestly felt like a dream. I couldn't believe I would ever be this close to Ivandor again.

We were a few minutes into our warm dinner that evening, talking softly and laughing softer, enjoyimg each other's company when the peace and quiet of the air was disturbed.

Aaron and Chika stepped onto the stage, a large decorated spacy stage that was the centre of our dinner hall and were quick as hell to draw all the attention to themselves.

"Hello?? HELLO????" Chika literally screamed into the microphone.

"HELLO? CAN SOMEONE HEAR ME??! CAN SOMEONE HEAR ME?!!" Chika kept shouting into the microphone.

"Babe, I think they can hear you," Aaron said to Chika, speaking into the microphone so that everyone heard him. Arm, stylishly wrapped around his girlfriend.

"Are you sure? Are you sure?" Chika feigned mock uncertainty, and small giggles were heard amongst the couples in the room. I giggled too, nontheless.

I watched them and smiled. Wondering how two balls of energy collided into each other and there was no deadly explosion... Or was there?

I couldn't help but notive what everyone was saying about Chika's prom outfit. That was literally all I saw on statuses and heard from the lips of gossip girls in the set.

Chika Chioma apparently decided to show up for prom wearing a tuxedo.

Oh, yes. Unlike the rest of the population of girls who wore gowns and dresses, Chika showed up here in a pink pan suit, proudly flaunting her style to everyone. According to what I heard, she said, "Why can't a girl rock a tux to prom too?"

I smiled at the girl. I always liked this Chika for a reason I wasn't even sure of.

"Abi, we should be louder?" I came back to pay attention to the unnecessary, planned squabble that Aaron and Chika were using to engage the crowd on the stage.

"We should increase volume for them small, shebi?" Aaron asked, jokingly, still speaking into the mic, yet looking at Chika to give him the go.

"Oya, on the count of three.." Chika had whispered into the microphone, answering Aaron.

Oh, no.

I already knew what they were up to now, and I winced in advance, preparing myself for it.

"WHAT'S UP, EVERYONE! ARE YOU GUYS READY TO VOTE!???" Aaron and Chika screamed into their microphones at the same time, nearing tearing apart my eardrums and rendering me deaf.

The crowd burst into a round of applause as everyone was elated on hearing that.

The Prom Awards. It was time to vote.

Aaron and Chika told us all how to log into the voting site and how to cast our votes and we got to it quickly.

I was honestly impressed at how proffessional the site looked and I wondered who was responsible for it. I mentally gave the credit to our set media boys and instantly felt bad for the fate of the school, wondering what would happen after those talented boys graduate.

"I really don't have the energy for this," Ivandor had confided in me.

"Don't be a buzzkill, vote!" I hit him and laughed.

I looked to the first set of nominations as I logged in;

MOST INFLUENCIAL

BOYS;

Aaron

Casper

What? How could they even divide their names like that? It's Aaron and Casper, not Aaron or Casper.

I shook my head and attempted ticking both boxes, but it wouldn't let me do so. I sighed. Guess I had just one choice.

I ticked the box for Aaron.

Moving on;

MOST INFLUENTIAL

GIRLS;

Giwa

Chika

Krisdana

I laughed softly on seeing my name as the first nomination. I decided I wouldn't vote myself because it wouldn't be exactly fair. After struggling with a mental dilemma between Chika and Krisdana, I ended up ticking the box for Kris.

That way, I went on, picking all the other boxes for al the various names in the variety of nominations and I didn't know which was funnier, the fact that I was nominated for nearly every goddamn thing on this list or the fact that some of the nominations were extremely silly.

Set's Angriest, for example.

Social Media King/Queen..

Biggest nag..

The Most likely awards were just the most ridiculous! I laughed nearly through most of it and Ivandor kept looking at me like I was crazy.

Most likely to rule the world...

Most likely to become a teacher in Castron High..

Most likely to get arrested on Graduation Day..

Most likely to sleep through out the entire graduation...

I think I got the biggest shock of my life when I got to the BEST COUPLE nominations. The names listed were good enough, competition, if I may say;

BEST COUPLE

Acha and Dabi

Shade and Nova

Aaron and Chika

Funmi and Wilson

And right after 'Funmi and Wilson', I saw;

Giwa and Ivandor

"Have you seen this?" I laughed and called Ivandor's attention towards it immediately, and the boy was already smiling to himself like he knew exactly what I was talking about.

"I saw," he said. "I voted us."

I raised an unbelieving brow at him.

He had to be joking, right? Of course he was.

I shook my head and chuckled to myself, wondering why on earth a relationship with me and Ivandor was something the whole set was still shipping so badly. With the smile on his face too, I knew he was thinking the same thing.

Anyways, I voted Shade and Nova.

I moved on to the rest of the categories, casting my votes accordingly.

BEST BAFFER (DRESSER)

BOYS;

Ivandor

Aaron

Acha

I voted Ivandor.

GIRLS

Shade

Krisdana

Soma

Kelechi

I voted Shade.

BEST SINGER

BOYS;

Yure_

I didn't even bother looking beyond his name, I ticked the box.

GIRLS

Ella

Krisdana_

Krisdana got my vote.

I casted my vote a second time for Krisdana against, against Dabi and Ziba in the best dancer  category and went on to throw in all my other votes in the other categories as well. I had ticked Prissy's name for Prom Queen and made sure Ivandor did same.

After the dinner was the slow dance and it was cordially announced by another couple, who like Aaron and Chika, were also part of the prom planning committee.

"Shall we, Cinderella?" Ivandor outstretched his hands to me as our other classmates started to pair up and march towards the dance hall.

I stared right back at hazel eyes that screamed adoration as he watched me with outstretched hands. I feigned mock stubbornness and looked away from him, folded my arms.

"I'm no princess, Ivandor." I told him.

He smiled at me. That smile that made me literally forget how to breathe.

"Well, you can be my princess, right?" He asked, a corner of his lips lifting and turning that smile on his face into an ovary-shattering smirk.

I pouted, teasing him, forcing myself to keep my stubbornness in check. "No."

I looked to him, putting my sass on, and added, "I'd rather be your Queen. You know I love to rule."

His smile broadened and he nodded, acting along to my madness.

"Well then, your Royal Highness.." His hand remained stretched towards me. "May I have this dance?"

I smiled, feigned mock approval. "Ofcourse."

Ivandor and I slow danced that night and that was the best feeling so far. His arms around my waist, my head on his chest and our bodies, swaying in sinc to the music... The feeling was divine. I just wanted to stay this way. I didn't want to stop this.

It all didn't last.

Just the moment that Ivandor looked at me, like really really looked at me. He momentarily paralysed me with those beautiful eyes of his that I swear may have something spiritual behind it's charm. He was looking at me like I was the most beautiful human in the world. I knew I wasn't... But Ivandor somehow made me feel so.

Our bodies moved to the beat of the slow music and his eyes that never left mine started to move down slowly... Slowly... Slowly.. Until he was staring at my lips.

I knew he wanted to kiss me. I just didn't know why he wasn't doing it yet.

Just in the middle of our moment, just as my patience with him was starting to grow thin and I saw myself deciding to make the first move... The order in the hall was disrupted.

Screaming. Screaming. Brain shattering screams filled the place and the whole hall was shaking with intense, unbelievable noise in seconds as most of the girls started to even let their dates.

"What's happening?" I asked Ivandor, alarmed, as if he'd be able to know.

He surprised me. "Triple-J."

Oh shit!

I nearly laughed at the situation. The poor girls who had rushed outside, screaming, crying and nearly ripping the hair on their heads out, dumping their prom dates in the process.

Every girl, or at least 99% of girls in Nigeria would literally chop their boyfriend's balls and offer it as a sacrifice to a shrine just to get any one of the boys from Triple-J to even accidentally blink at them. Those boys were teen heart-throbs. The most famous, most good-looking and most talked about boy band in Nigeria.

"And I tell you, Giwa. A lot of relationships are going to be destroyed tonight. Word from a wizard." Ivandor told me and I burst into hysteric laughter immediately.

Needless to say, most of the boys in the room were either hating on Triple-J or wishing they were Triple-J. Some, like Aaron and Casper, genuinely wanted to roll with them. While some others like Ivandor didn't really mind whatever was going on at the moment.

"Wanna go outside for a moment? We cam chill in the 'After-Prom Sit-Out' till all the commotion is over." He asked me, amidst all the noise.

And miss out on missing the Triple-J boys..?

I thought. Shade would definitely get us an introduction. She promised she would. And even if she didn't... That was okay. This night was for me and Ivandor. I love Triple-J with all my heart, but I think my handsome wizard has a little bit more of my heart.

"Let's go." I told him.

Ivandor took my hand in his and for the hundredth time that night, butterflies danced in my stomach. I missed holding his hand this way... I missed this. I found myself thinking once again that I didn't want this night to end.

We got outside the hall through the back, walking into the 'sit-out' as he had called it and I couldn't help but marvel at what I was seeing.

"What did they do to the field?!" I had to exclaim out loud.

The field.... It.. It was so pretty.

Too pretty.

My mouth actually dropped in awe at how pretty it was and I wondered who on earth was responsible for it.

However, a closer look at it made me realise that it was basically the lighting that was made it so pleasing to look at. But it was all so unique that it literally changed up the look of the entire field.

The entire place was decorated with these cute lighted fire lamps, arranged at all the sides and ends, the entire circle of the field, and it was so... Orange. A sunset orange that gave it this warm, calming beauty. One that was just too peaceful. Made you wish you were there already, just lying down and only breathing, smiling to yourself as you absorb the serenity, warmth, and peace of the atmosphere, doing absolutely nothing else.

"They outdid themselves on this place, didn't they?" Ivandor commented, noticing how pleased I was by the place.

"Yeah, no shit!" I agreed instantly.

"My favorite part, other than the lighting, is the sitting arrangements," Ivandor said.

I frowned, confused. What sitting arrangements?

"I like the idea of having to just sit on the grass and chill. Pretty simple and sweet. Nice concept." He commented.

That's when I looked closer to pick up everything else on the field, asides the lighting alone.

There were these mats - really cute mats - spread there on the grass, at different sections of the field. Each, having a single fire lamp on them evem if the mats were large enough to contain about ten people on it.

Imagine. I was so into the beauty of the place to notice anything else. There were even more.

I also noticed that there were various suya spots, barbecue stands, icecream spots, pizza spots, all sorts of foods and drinks and everything. It looked like an open bonfire and a food spot, at the same time. I guessed that was the idea. Looked to me like something Casper would think off.

The people who were supposed to be selling were either getting themselves set up or sitting around under their shades, doing absolutely nothing. Asides Ivandor and I, no other classmates was here. It was quiet, peaceful, the only thing that could be heard was the muffled sound of the music and piercing screams of girls coming from the hall which we just ran out from.

Ivandor and I found a mat and settled on it, making ourselves comfortable. I pulled in close to him and rested my head on his chest. He held me even closer, resting his chin on my head and we stayed that way for a long, long time, filling ourselves up with the peace our silence was giving us. This way, I could feel every thudding of his heart.

"I can't explain how happy I am tonight, Giwa." Ivandor whispered to me.

"Me too, Ivan. Me too." I said.

This was what I wanted. This was how it was meant to be.

That moment, in the arms of the one I love, I looked to the sky, and I thanked God for making everything come through for us in the end.

"Krisdana said you'd be leaving the country soon." I had to raise the topic.

Ivandor stayed still. I didn't hear his answer.

"Did you hear me?" I had to ask him.

"Yes." He responded.

Okay.. And?

He sighed. "I wanted to tell you that, myself."

"Well, your cousin has a big mouth. She ratted you out already," I shook my head.

"Is that why you asked me to prom though?" I looked at him now, directly at him, searching through hazel eyes that looked into mine.

"You wanted to go to Prom with me because you were scared you wouldn't see me again?" I asked him, never gazing away.

"In a nutshell, yes." He said.

I appreciated his efforts of being truthful and blunt. I found myself almost asking if he actually still loved me... But I passed.

"You're one person I'm never going to forget in my life." He said to me. "No matter how far I will be from you. No matter where I am, I will not be able to forget you. Even if I tried."

He said that like it was a fact. He said it like he hella meant it.

"Same here." I told him truthfully.

How could I even? How could I forget my handsome wizard? I couldn't even imagine a world where it was possible.

We found ourselves in each other's arms for a very long time. We laid there on the mat, together, quietly gazing into the sky, watching the stars... The pretty, pretty stars, and enjoying each other's warmth and love.

"Why didn't we ever do this before?" I asked, as I traced invisible lines on his chest that I laid on.

His hands remained wrapped around my body, pulling me closer and closer to him.

"Star gazing?" He said.

"Uh huh," I nodded.

"I wonder. It's oddly calming." He said.

It was. I mean, staying in this position with him and simply looking at the stars. It was little, but it was everything.

"Look at that one over there," Ivandor pointed to one of the stars that stood out amongst the others.

It was easy to know the one he was talking about because it shined the brightest. It literally glowed more than the others, stealing the entire spotlight from the other stars and taking the centre of attraction.

"It's so beautiful, isn't it?" I awed.

"Very," Ivandor responded, whispered. "Very beautiful."

"It's a pity though..." I suddenly felt bad looking at the glowing star. The one star that stood out amongst the others. "The brightest stars live the shortest."

"A scientific fact." Ivandor said. "The brighter the star, the larger the mass, the shorter it's life expectancy."

"Sad though," I said. "You get that pretty only to burn up fuel supply and boom, Mr. Red ol giant."

"Yup. Fusing helium in your cores and shredding your outer layers," Ivandor was saying.

"But it does take an a billion years for a white dwarf to cool off..." I paused there, stopped talking and burst into laughter immediately.

"We are such fucking nerds!" I couldn't stop laughing and Ivandor couldn't help but join in as well.

"So we can't even watch the stars peacefully without bringing Astronomy into it?" I kept laughing at the both of us.

After a round of laughter between us, we sighed in satisfaction. I thought to myself, how I was going to miss this boy.

But one thing didn't leave my mind...

The brightest stars live the shortest..

"It makes me think about Hassana." I told him truthfully.

He understood.

"I miss her." I whispered quietly and he heard me.

"I know you do, Giwa. And I can't fault you because it will be hard to come to full terms with what happened," he said to me.

True. No matter how happy I was.. I couldn't still forget her. Not that easily.

I wish she could have come to prom with us..

I wish she had to chance to graduate with us..

I just wish that she had the chance to feel this love with us... Her friends..

"Everything happens for a reason, Giwa." Ivandor said quietly. "I mean, we may not know the essense of these bad things happening, but eventually we'd get to realise that it all was for a good cause. That's life."

He was right. Hassana's death was the only reason things were ever able to fall in place in the first place. And who knows? Hassana's death may have also had impacts in other people's lives that I don't know of. Maybe everything does happen for a reason.

"Everything," Ivandor continued. "It all happens for a reason. Every situation we face, every road we thread, every mistake we make.... Every person we meet.."

He looked at me. I looked at him.

"There's always a reason," he said.

True.

"And Giwa, no matter how things went for us this session, I do not regret meeting you. I do not regret loving you either." He said to me and I smiled. My heart warmed up immediately and a feeling of sweetness immense happiness overwhelmed me.

"I love you, Giwa Falade." He confessed. "I always have. I always will."

I smiled. "I love you too, Ivandor Fejaun. Always have. And always will do."

He looked at me. Once again, like I was the world in a person. Like I was the most beautiful thing his eyes had ever seen...

"Is it safe for to ask permission at this point, because I really.. really want to kiss you." He whispered to me, I felt his breath on my neck now and my body fired up instantly, goosebumps formed on my skin.

I made the first move.

I leaned in, closed the little space between us and  tasted heaven in his lips. Chills upon chill, the most violent ones yet, wracked through me as my lips moved on his', sucked on his'. Our tongues played softly with each other and our ecstacy was unlimited at that point.

Ivandor quickly took charge and kissed me like it was his last. He cupped my face in his hands and deepened the kiss, lighting my body up more and more and doing things to my senses. I kissed him back with just as much passion. More urgency. And we were soon fighting for dominance, craving even more, giving and taking just about how much we wanted from each other.

We kissed like it was our last. It felt like it was. He played with my tongue, I bit softly on his lips and we couldn't get enough of each other. Not on this last night.

We kissed. And kissed. And kissed. And kissed for a long long time. We didn't stop. We weren't stopping. We couldn't stop.

I almost got carried away writing their kissing scene, I don't know why that always happens 😂💔 Who's happy for our babies??? And what are the chances you they'd meet again one day????

I don't have strength for A/N, I need to complete the next chapter😭 See you guys till then❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 2.2K 53
ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แดา“ แด›สœแด‡ sแด‡แด‡ แด›สœส€แดแดœษขสœ sแด‡ส€ษชแด‡s(sแด›s) "๐‘ˆ๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘™ ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘’, ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘Ž ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ก, ๐‘Ž ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’...
4.7K 1K 35
Ten different lives. Two boys. One night that'll bring them all together. Sixteen year old Nosa is okay with being a loner. He doesn't have social a...