✔️ You're not him | K.TH

By metaemorphisis

[Completed] "You're not him." "But I can love you better than him." Slipping through a portal and ending up i... More

PROLOGUE
Who are you?
The Bodyguard
Dating Scandal
New Neighbours
Introductions
Fanboy-ing
Fake Love
Move In
Departmental Store
The Cleaner
Another Shopping Spree
Pack of Ramyeon
Board Meeting
Mr. Einstein
Personal Question
Kim Yeji
Pity & Trust
Squirrel with a bad stomach
The Kims
The Search
The File
Nothing but a Tragedy
Nothing but a Tragedy pt.2
You Belong with Me
You're not Alone
The Blonde Male
The Troublemaker
The Eavesdropper
Interlude: You're not him
Loneliness
Glass of Water
The Emergency Exit
The Telephone
Press Conference
Publicity Stunt
The Traitor
The Confession
Back to Reality
Employee's Party
Bunny Boy
The Autopsy
Make it Worth it
Roller coaster or Waterslide
Love Lies
EPILOGUE

You deserve better

3.6K 301 93
By metaemorphisis

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
You deserve better

KIM TAEHYUNG

I stumbled my way into the house and held onto the wall for support. My fingers fumbled around, searching for the switchboard and when I finally found it, I turned on the lights.

My hazy gaze sobered up once it fell upon the figure on the couch, hugging their knees close to their chest. I tripped on my way, but got to the sofa without breaking any of my bones. I plopped myself onto the sofa beside the sleeping figure of Jisoo and looked at her as though I was stuck in a daze.

Exhaling a deep breath, I studied her facial features that looked relaxed and at peace.

As thought my hands had a mind of its own, they reached out to her black hair and brushed away the stray strands that fell on her long lashes.

A smile curved on the corner of my lips, mesmerised and uninvited.

Realising the uncomfortable position she was in, I got onto my feet. Placing my hands behind her knees and back, I lifted her off the couch and took her to her room. I made sure to stay balanced as much as possible.

Once I opened the door, I gently placed her on the well made bed and covered her with the blanket.

I leaned down to her level and brushed her short hair once more, taking in her tranquil state... something I rarely saw when she was with me.

"You deserve much better than this... than me." I let out a deep breath, "But I can't help but fall more and more in love with you. I lov-"

A gasp left my lips when the rug under my feet slipped and my face landed on the pillow beside Jisoo's face and my body partially on the mattress. I groaned but after feeling the soft texture of the fabric against my skin, my eyelids became unbearably heavy.

CHOI JISOO

A cool breeze blew through the strands of my long, black hair as I stood speechless. Shivers ran down my spine, not because of the temperature, but because of the sight before me.

"How is it?" A whisper tickled my ears. I looked to my side to see Tae's chin resting on my shoulder. My gaze went back to the rose petals that scattered the floor and the candles lit across the room.

"It's beautiful." I gasped, covering my mouth, "Did you do all this?"

"Mhmm." He purred, sending shivers through my body. He took a hold of my hand and guided me through the hotel room.

We stopped in the middle and faced each other, "This is so beautiful. Thank you so much." I pecked his lips.

"There's more."

"More?"

He nodded, "But that's for later. Let's have dinner first."

I sat up when I found the space beside me empty. I looked over at the open balcony doors, curtains dancing to the soft whistles of the breeze.

I straightened the loose shirt that hung against my frame and made my way towards the balcony, only to find Tae leaning against the railing. The skin of his face and torso bathed in the moonlight, painting his skin a silver colour.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and rested my cheek in between his shoulder blades, "Aren't you sleepy?"

I felt his chuckles reverberate through the back of his chest as he found my groggy voice amusing. He twisted himself in my hold, facing me completely. Placing his palm on the side of my face, he smiled, "We met when we were kids. And then we parted ways, but destiny brought us together. Like we were meant to be. Like the missing piece of puzzle in each other's life."

I felt my heart skip a beat.

"All my life, you've been the one to teach me love and how to love."

He paused.

"You deserve much better than this... than me. But I can't help but fall more and more in love with you. I love you."

He took a few steps away from me and abruptly knelt down before me.

My heart went into a frenzy as he pulled out a ring from his pocket and held it up to me. A gasp escaped my lips, tears brimming my eyes.

"Choi Jisoo... will you give me the pleasure of being your husband for the rest of my life?"

Before I could say yes, I felt everything dissolve around me. Everything I tried to hold on to disappeared into vapour.

My eyes snapped open.

My gaze was met with the white ceiling above me.

I tried to sit up, but I felt a weight on my shoulder. Pulling the sheets down, I turned to my side to find Taehyung drooling on my pillow.

A shrill escaped my lips as my hands involuntarily pushed Taehyung away from me. I hadn't realised my adrenaline rush until I saw Taehyung roll down and fall off the bed with a loud thud.

I winced when I heard his painful groan.

"What the hell..." he rose from the floor, wiping the string of saliva that hung by the corner of his lips, "Why did you push me off the bed like that?"

"What the hell is wrong with you? What were doing in MY bed?"

It looked as though Taehyung had suddenly realised his surroundings when his wide eyes looked around my room, "I... I don't know how I got here..."

I couldn't recollect any memories after I fell asleep on the couch, but once I realised that my clothes were intact, a relieved sigh left my chapped lips.

Our attention fell upon the telephone that abruptly burst into a blaring sound. Before either of us could react, the sound of the security pin pad beeped throughout the flat.

We shuffled our way out to the living room to see the front door swing open as a Jaehee stormed her way into the house with Jungkook in tow.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, TAEHYUNG?"

"Why is everyone asking me that? What did I do?" Taehyung growled, pulling on the strands of his messy hair.

"Hyung... you were left unsupervised for a few hours. And you already have the national media on your back." Jungkook frowned, unimpressed.

"What...?" Taehyung's voice trailed of as his brows knitted together.

"You seriously don't remember anything?" It was my turn to speak this time.

"No... all I remember is that I went to the bar. Had a few drinks and... that's it." Taehyung chewed on his lip, "When I got back, I found Jisoo sleeping on the couch so I... took her to the room! That's right! I remember how we ended up in the bed together!" He exclaimed a bit too loudly for my liking, making the rest of our jaws drop.

"You slept together?" Jaehee deadpanned, "Taehyung, do you have no conscience at all?"

"What?"

"Exactly! After everything you did with Yeji last night... how could you do that to Noona?"

"What are you guys talking about?" Taehyung scoffed, "I didn't even see Yeji last night!"

"Wait." I broke the tension, "So you're telling us you didn't get drunk and meet Yeji?"

"No, why on earth would I meet her?" Taehyung cried with exasperation.

"Weren't you in Itaewon last night?" Jungkook intercepted.

"No! I was in Gangnam! If I went to Itaewon, I would've been trampled by people. I'm not stupid!"

"Then why the hell is there news all over the internet about you and Yeji?" Jaehee asked.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?"

At this point, I saw a vein pop on the side of his flushed neck.

Jungkook shoved his phone into Taehyung's face and asked once again, "This isn't you?"

"For the last time! That is not me!" Taehyung clutched his head, "That photo is so blurry! And I'm way more handsome than whoever that man is in this pictu-"

Like my body had a mind of it's own, my legs paced towards Taehyung while my hands pulled him into an embrace. A moment or two later, I felt a pair of hands encircle my frame.

"You scared me." I muttered into the crook of his neck, "I thought you'd rather be with her than me, after our argument."

"I would never." Taehyung whispered back.

"What's going on?" Jaehee's voice cut us from our daze and we immediately distanced ourselves from each other.

"N-nothing." I stuttered.

"Yeah... nothing." Taehyung shook his head while I noticed a mischievous smirk curve onto Jungkook's lips from the corner of my eyes.

"Oh! Bang PD called me asking for you in his office." Jungkook said, to Jaehee, "Said it was urgent."

"Oh!" She gasped, forgetting everything that just happened, "Drop me to the building!"

Jungkook nodded and walked her out, not before looking over his shoulder and throwing a wink at us. I felt my blood rush to my face when the door closed, leaving Taehyung and I alone in the middle of the living room.

Silence was all there was between us before he spoke up first, "I'm sorry, for everything I did. And for the pain I caused you these past few weeks. I can't turn back time, but I can only make sure that I treat you the way you deserve."

"Thank you." I tucked my hair behind my ear, "I'm sorry too. I lost my temper in that moment and said things that hurt you. I didn't mean any of it..."

My breath hitched when I felt his cold touch on my fingers. I looked up to meet his gaze.

"You are a blessing. Thank you... for coming into my life."

🤡🤡🤡🤡

How was it??? You expected a hell lotta drama, didn't you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 612 31
Sarica, who nightly dreamt of her own death wasn't afraid of anything. That is until she wakes up trapped inside a castle owned by a terrifying creat...
67.5K 2.5K 46
"I got me someone else instead, he's taking your side of the bed" in which a stan continuously watches her stan like her posts until she does a face...
161K 11.2K 31
We were both crazy and fell in love. Should I follow my darkest desires or my twisted heart? It doesn't matter. They both lead to you. "Don't stop l...
283K 8.7K 30
❝I'm not falling in love with him. I know I'm not.❞ He was a roommate she never wanted, but he became someone she couldn't live without. --- M...