The Game Of Vengeance (comple...

By _Prashalini_

First place holder in Wattpad Love Awards 2021 in general category πŸ† Third Place Holder in Writer's Choice A... More

Cast
Chapter 1 -✨YOU ARE MY LAST HOPE✨
Author note
Chapter 2 - FIRST MEETING
Chapter 3 : MRS. ADHIRA VEER SHERGILL
Chapter 4 : MY DAUGHTER
Chapter 5 : WELCOME TO HELL 😈
Chapter 6 : FIRST NIGHT πŸŒ™
APOLOGIES
Chapter 7 : IT ALL STARTED FROM THERE
Chapter 8 : BEAUTY IN PAIN
Chapter 9 : TROUBLE
Chapter 10 : FAMILY DRAMA
Chapter 11 : BRAVE KOOHU β™₯
Chapter 12 : EMBARRASSING ENCOUNTER πŸ™ˆ
Chapter 13 : POSSESSION
Chapter 14 : HER NIGHTMARES
Chapter 15 : HIS DILEMMA
Chapter 16 : FAMILY TIME
Chapter 17 : FIRST πŸ’‹
Chapter 18 : NERVOUSNESS
Chapter 19 : ✨ RECEPTION ✨
Chapter 20 : SURPRISE
Chapter 21 : JEALOUSY FEVER πŸ”₯
Chapter 22 : CROCODILE TEARS
Chapter 23 : FIONA'S LIE
Chapter 24 : WARNING
Chapter 25 : VEER'S OUTBURST
Chapter 26 : KOOHU'S DEMAND
Chapter 27 : STRAWBERRY πŸ“
Chapter 28 : ADHIRA'S FAMILY
Chapter 29 : COMFORTING HER
Chapter 30 : TRUTH ?
Reminder
Chapter 31 : BROKEN DOWN
Chapter 32 : GLIMPSE OF PAST 1
Chapter 33 : GLIMPSE OF PAST 2
Chapter 34 : GLIMPSE OF PAST 3
Chapter 35 : THE PROMISE
Chapter 36 : DROWNED IN GUILT πŸ₯Ί
Chapter 37 : I WANT YOU β™₯
Chapter 38 : KHOOHU'S BIRTH SECRET πŸ‘Ό
Chapter 39 : MUMMA KOOHU πŸ˜‰
Chapter 40 : I WON'T LET YOU GO πŸƒ
Chapter 41: ERROR IN ENGAGEMENTπŸ’
Chapter 42 : SUPPORTIVE SHERGILL'S πŸ‘©β€β€οΈβ€πŸ‘¨
Chapter 43 : IT HURTS πŸ’”
Chapter 44 : CONFESSION ❀️
Chapter 45 : YOU ARE MY IRON LADY
Chapter 46 : BITTER, SWEET ARGUEMENT 😜πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯°
Chapter 48 : WHERE ARE YOU STRAWBERRY ?
Chapter 49 : FREED
Chapter 50 : CONFESSION
Chapter 51 : SEEING HER AGAIN
Chapter 52 : BEHIND THE BARS
Chapter 53 : BOLD VERSION
Chapter 54 - I
Chapter 54 - II
Chapter 55 - BEGINNING OF THE END πŸ’ž
Epilogue
πŸ†
Bonus Chappy πŸ“
πŸ’ƒ
New Story
Mis. Single

Chapter 47 : HIS SISTER ?

8.4K 532 87
By _Prashalini_

I know you guys might have been feeling like to hit me for letting you wait. But trust me I'm not doing this intentionally. I have lectures to attend, assignment and tutorials to complete and seminars to present and on the top of that you know another reason. I am not making any excuse just trying to tell you that I am not less busy than PM 😜

Ok so now enjoy the update

(4075 words as compensation for late update 😁)

____________________________________

Published On : 26/12/2020

KUNAL'S POV

I was raging in anger. How dare she to file FIR against me. Doesn't she scared of me anymore ? I had to spend 5 years of my life out of India just because of her. Because of her Dad send me from here. Why ? Because he wanted to keep his reputation high. But I did not care about his reputation that time and not now, just for money I am quite.

Ahhh Adhira .

You did a huge mistake by marrying that Shergill.

How did you even thought that I will let you live happily without me.

I don't want to know what you did all these years, to whom you married and who was the father of your daughter or who is.

Adhira you responsible for what I am today. You are responsible for my condition.

If you could have accepted me then we might have been together. I could have keep you like a queen but you rejected me even after I had you.

I might have been still out of India if I did not get the news of their reception. It was a breaking news in national and international media as well. SHERGILLS the biggest name of buisness world. I must appreciate you Dove, for grabbing sizable fortune. But you see your luck is not going to be by your side for so long because I'm here to turn your luck into bad-luck.

I wonder how it will feel when my hands will roam all over your body. Will it be same like before or much more pleasurable than last time ? Afterall you are all grown up women now.

As I was busy in my thoughts my phone started to ring, seeing the caller ID I picked up in first ring itself.

" What the f**k you did this time Kunal ? Why police are behind you ? I told you already to don't do anything that will stress me. And here again you started with your bad habits ", As I recieved call Dad shout at me. I think planned to make me deaf.

" Well Hello to you too Dad ", I said with a smirk. I knew that it did not took much time for him to learn what happened here as he has so many connections and another reason is police might had went there in search of me.

" Hello ! My foot , just spill it Kunal, what are you doing in Delhi ? I told you not to come back in India then what are you doing here ? ", I know till now he is raging like a bull. Angry old man.

" What I did and what I am doing is non of your buisness to know father. Your duty is only to save me and you should be doing that right now ", I said in same tone like he talked to me.

" How dare you talk to me like that ? ",

" I dare because I know you can't do anything against me, afterall proof of your dark secrets is with me and if it went to media then you know what will happen ", I caught it right place. I have a proof of his illigal business and works he did and it won't take time to destroy his career if it went viral.

" You are blackmailing me ", he asked in disbelief.

" Absolutely not. I'm giving you a direct threat ", I chuckled and felt proud at my bravery.

" So you are helping me or not ", I asked in cold and serious one voice

" I'll see what I can do ", after what felt like an minute I heard his deep breath and finally he said what I expected.

" Just don't try, make sure to get me out of this otherwise you know what I am able to do ",

" Dove I'm coming to have you again and for forever ", wick smile appeared on my lips and I hear a crashed sound of glass that was crushed in my hands and red liquid made it's way out of my body.

🍁🍁🍁

Author's POV

" Take a deep breath and keep your mind calm ", Veer was trying his best to keep Adhira calm but it looks like like it's the last things that she can do in today's date. They were seating outside of her psychologist cabin and waiting for her call.

" Easy to say but hard to do ", She replied back with little irritated tone.

" Atleast you can try ",

" I'm trying ", she sighed and said. After sometime nurse inform her that Dr. is expecting her and she went in. The session was long for half an hour. And Veer was thinking what might be Dr. asking Adhira and what not. He was little curious at the same time worried for her. And why not he will be ? Adhira's psychiatric sessions started again and he knows how hard it was for him to made her agree for medical help for her nightmares and panick attacks and another reason was their marriage.

" What she said ? ", As soon Adhira came out of the cabin Veer approached her.

" She said that it will take some more time and I have to be patient in all the process. Afterall we started it overall again ",

" I know you can do this ", He put his hands under her cheeks and caressed with the pad of thumb. Which really felt good to her.

" I hope so ", She said with a smile.

Veer's attention caught by his mobile which was vibrating, " Bhabi is calling ", looking at the caller ID he said and received the call.

" Hello bhabi ",

" Hello Dadda ", on other side he heard Koohu.

" Yes princess. What are you doing with Bhabi's mobile ? ", The moment Princess came out of his mouth Adhira understood it was Koohu.

" I'm not doing anything. Chachi gave me her mobile willingly ", She said and eyed Ishani to tell him.

Ishani chuckled at her ," Yes Veer, Koohu wanted to talk with you ", and with Ishani left Koohu alone and went back to her work.

" Oh ohk, I'm listening ",

" Dadda where is Mumma ? ", Koohu wishpered

He knitted his eyebrows and looked at Adhira, " She is with me ",

" Then please go away from her little and don't say anything to what I going to ask you now, please ", Koohu pout and all words came like sugarcoat from her mouth and Please was the word which melt his heart.

" Ok ", with that he took few steps away from Adhira making a perfect excuse of poor network.

After confirming Adhira is nowhere near to Veer, Koohu came to her point, " Dadda, you know na I am good girl and listen everything what you and Mumma says ", and he understood she might be want something from him or she did something which she should not.

" Yes Princess ",

Koohu shouted excitedly, " Then please bring my Butterscotch ice-cream on the way to home ",

" Day before tomorrow I gave you family pack what about that ", he asked suspiciously.

" I... I.....Oreo ate it all ", she stutter before completing. Oreo who was beside her put his both legs on his head as he also sensed Koohu's lie.

" Whole family pack ? ", He nearly shout and hie face was showing how shock he was. He knew that Koohu like no love butterscotch but he never knew that she has strength to finish whole family pack in ome go. This is something new for him.

" Dadda slow down, Mumma may hear you", Koohu shout wishpered as if Adhira was there to hear her.

" So Oreo ate it and you watched him eating your ice-cream, doesn't it sounds weird ? ", He questioned him hoping that she will answer this time truthfully but somewhere he knew that she will end up with giving him another excuse abd he guessed right.

" I tried to stop him Dadda but ran away and you know how fast he runs and I barely walk ", and this time Oreo climbed down the bed and ran out of room.

" You are such a Drama queen ", he said shaking his head. And she smiled wide.

" No, Princess of my Dadda ", she corrected his mistake. He chuckled at her.

" Ok fine I'll purchase it ", and a billion dollar smile appeared on her face.

" I love you Dadda ",

" Dadda love's you too ", saying that he went back to Adhira who has questioning look on her face.

" What she was saying ? ", Adhira asked

" Nothing ", he said without looking at her.

" Nothing ? ", She repeated raising her eyebrows.

" Nothing ",

" Whole 5 minutes she talked with you and you are saying nothing ", she said looking at him in disbelief.

" Yeah she was just missing me ",

" Seriously ? ",

" Seriously, now come on we are getting late "

" Why I'm feeling that you are hiding something ",

" It's all in your mind ", saying that he hold her and made their way out of the hospital.

" So you are going back to office after dropping me home ? ",

" Yes, I have an important meeting to attend ",

" You know you I can go by myself ",

" Yeah I know you are superwoman and can do anything but what to do I want to be with my wife some more time ", he wishpered in her ear and she felt goosebumps all over on her skin.

" Ok fine if you say so ", she said hiding her blush.

🍁🍁🍁

At Night

" Turn on the TV ", Veer and Raghav hurridly came out of his study room and Veer ordered Aditya climbing down the stairs.

" What's the matter Veer , you are looking like you achieved something big ", Rajeev asked him finding a huge grin and satisfaction on his face.

" It's not less than any achievement uncle ", Raghav said taking a seat on sofa.

" Adi News channel ", Raghav said when Aditya turned on the TV.

" Yes Boss ", Adi replied pressing buttons of remote.

" What's is happening here ? ", Hearing hustle and bustle from living room ladies came out from Dadi's room. Nandini asked confusingly looking at them.

" Be patient Mom ", Veer replied.

And the news begin....

" From our sources we found that Formar MLA of Masoorrie Mr. Lalit Vyas's bunglow and office was raided by CBI today morning and according to sources Illegal weapons, drugs and 10 Crore ₹ have been seized from his bunglow and godown. There is saying that Mr. Vyas was smuggling illigal weapons and drugs from long time but today CBI  caught him red handed and the money which was seized from him he was planning to use in next election which is going to held after 2 months "

" It is being learned from the sources that Lalit Vyas was under the suspicion of the CBI for the last few years but no concrete evidence was found against him " 

As the main news fall on everyones ear Veer turned the volume off.

" Bravo ", that's the only came out from Vihaan while patting Veer's shoulder proudly.

" That's the one fabulous news of today's date ", Rajeev spoke out.

" He deserves this ", Raghav said with full disgust.

" We have won half the battle, now only half have to win ",  Veer said.

" We will definitely win that one also ", Dadi said assuringly

" He was so proud of his money, his status. Instead of punishing his son for what he did, he offered me sum of money to kept my mouth quite. That was the most humiliating day of my life. When he offered me his money I felt like an who...", Adhira's eyes were filled with tears. Each and every moment she spend in police station at that time flashed through her memory. Before she can complete Veer kept his index finger on her lips to stop her.

Her wiped a lone tear fall from her eye, " Shhh, now he is getting what he sowed ",

" It will be more interesting to see how Kunal will made his way out of this. His ATM machine is going behind the bars and I'm sure CBI definitely have been seized all his bank accounts ", Raghav said in informative manner.

" It's his time to pay ",Veer said.

🍁🍁🍁

" Mr. Shergill everything is fine right ? ", Adhira asked Veer who was getting ready for office but looking worried.

" Yes strawberry, everything is fine ", He cupped her face and give her smile which was definitely a fake one.

" Then why this creases on your forehead ?", She said pointing at his forehead.

" Nothing, it's just work load ",

" Just this ",

" I have an important meeting today might be because of that but there is nothing to worry about ", saying that he opened the drawer.

" Ok if you say so ", she shrugged her shoulders.

" Here ", he said pulling out a small black box on which Titan was engraved.

" What is this ? ", She asked taking  box in her hands.

" I brought this day before yesterday. I know that I should have gifted you something else but I also know your love for watches, so I thought it's the best gift ",

" And I loved this watch ",  she said taking out the rosegold watch which took her heart. It was just perfect for her big bezel, not too much girly and classy one.

When she was busy in adoring the beauty of watch Veer went behind her and pull out another box from his pocket, he slid Adhira's hair on her right shoulder and encircled and beautiful necklace around her neck. As that cold thing touched her skin she came back to reality and looked at the beautiful thing on her neck.

" Ahhhh, it's beautiful ",

" I thought why not make these wings more beautiful by giving it to my angel ",

" Thank you so much ", She said excitedly and a naughty thought crossed his mind.

" You can thank me in another way ", he said while glaring at her parted lips.

" Another way ? ", She asked confusingly

" Hmm another sugar coated way ", he encircled his arms around her waist and pulled her to him.

" Ohhh ", she followed his glare and understood what he exactly mean by ' Sugar Coated Way '

" Close your eyes ", she wishpered and his face lit up hearing her.

" As you say My Highness ", he closed his eyes immediately. Slowly he felt her hot breath canning his face. He expected that she will kiss his lips but as naughty he was , she was also like him. She pecked his cheek.

" That's not fair ", he whined.

" Yes it is ",

" Ok fine for now ", he said not arguing with her as he was running late.

" I called Inspector Ravat yesterday night to know investigation status ", as words came out of his mouth he felt Adhira's stiffened.

" Then what he said ? ", She asked gulping down the lump formed in her throat.

" They found a place where Kunal was living but unfortunately Kunal escaped from there but after observing his place they came to conclusion that he is upto  something big this time ",

" It's nothing new. We know that he came back in my life intentionally and he surely planning something against me ", she smiled sadly

" But I want you to be more careful, I don't want to take any risk. Do you understand ?", He cupped her face.

" Hmm I'll be careful ", she said assuringly.

He grab his bag and coat but before he can leave Adhira's words made him stop at his place.

" Today I need to go to college ",

" Why ? Vacations are still on ", he turned back to face her.

" Yeah Vacations are still on but I'm a teacher so there is teachers meeting to discuss upcoming year plans for students as by next month vacations will be over ",

" Is it important ? ", He asked in worry as he knew she is planning to attend the meeting and he found it risky.

" Yes it is ",

" I'll talk to Principal ", saying that he turned to leave. By mean of talking with principal it was clear that he will inform that Adhira can not make it today.

" What ? ",

" You heard me ",

" But you can't do this ",

" And why can't I ?", He huffed and raised his eyebrow.

" Mr. Shergill you know I don't like this using your name for personal benifit ", she said truthfully

" But... ",

" Please I'll be careful all the time , please....", She said pouting. And he put his guard off.

" Ok fine but take guards with you and come straight to home after meeting ",

" Sure ",

" Now I have to leave ",

" Bye ",

After that she got ready for meeting wearing a baggy tunic cotton top and black skinny jeans with a pair of sneakers.
🍁🍁🍁

After meeting she took out her mobile to call Veer to inform that meeting is over and now she is heading to home but before that a message popped up in her message box from unknown number.

Adhira opened it and started to read,

" I know dear you are so much in love with your husband nowadays or we can say love is in air. But in all this I think you have forgotten the real reason behind your marriage. Are you not interested to know why Veer married to you ? I think you are. You want to know. And the moment you will learn the truth you are going to regret. Oh don't think that I want to see you sad but I want you to know the truth and come out of your dreamland.

LIFE LINE HOSPITAL. ROOM NO 104

It's the only place you will find your answers and it's good for you if you hurry. And don't be shock after seeing your husband there.

Your Only Well Wisher

The person who sent that message watching Adhira distinctly but she was unaware of the fact.

" Who it could be ? ", There were lots of questions jumping in her mind at that moment and she thought that someone pulled prank on her but again another thought came who can pull prank on such sensitive topic and no ones about this rather than her or Veer.

She decided to call Veer but he was not receiving calls then she tried his assistant Shekha's number. At third ring he received the call.

" Hello , I'm Adhira Shergill, please connect me to Mr. Shergill ",

" Mam actually sir did not come to office today ", he informed Adhira.

" He did not came but how's that possible he has an important meeting to attend ", Yes that's what Veer told her before leaving for office.

" I think there is mistake mam. Sir has no meeting today ",

" Oh ok ", and she cut the call.

" Then where he went ? ", Nothing was making sense to her. She read the message over and over again.

" Should I go and check on this address ? But I can't anything like this ? But why Mr. Shergill lied to me ", she was in complete dilemma what to do and what not but then she decided to visit the hospital and check if it's true or not. 

Taking her seat om backseat she told Driver to take her to given address.

" But mam sir ordered to take you home after college ", the bodyguard who was on duty reminded her.

" Just do as I said I'll to Mr. Shergill afterwards ", and after that their car moved to Life Life hospital.

After 20 minutes of ride they reached to hospital. Her heartbeats was increasing with each step she was taking toward the hospital. An unknown fear made it's way to her.

' I trust him, he surely has his reasons ', only these lines were echoing in her mind.

" Excuse me ",

" Yes mam, how can I help you ? ",

" Can you please tell me where is room no 104 ? ", She asked to the girl on reception.

" On third floor ",

" Thank you ", saying that she walked to the elevator. Her hands were sweating, she clutched her bag tightly.

She jumped when a 'ding' sound of elevator fall on her ear.

Reaching on 3rd flood she started to look for room number 104.

Finally she found her destination, the door of room was slightly open and she can hear the person inside room. She stood there rooted when her eyes fall on the figure lying on bed with oxygen tube in nostrils. Several medical equipments were attached to her. And then her eyes fall on a familiar figure of her husband , the same person who said he has an important meeting to attend and never went to office.

She took support of wall to stay still. Teads gathered in her eyes. She was beyond shock. Nothing was making sense to her nor her mind was processing.

" Daow do you know how worried we were ? I thought we lost you ",

" I did what I felt at that time ",

" But it was wrong ",

" And what you did with Adhira is also wrong ",

" I know you love me so much but just for vengeance you tied her with you. I never expected this from you ",

" I did it because I thought she deserves it. You are my only sister I shattered when I saw you there in blood , I thought I lost you. And your words kept ringing in my mind. Adhira did that with you.....", And after hearing him she lost her ability to hear anything anymore. She got the answer for her question she was looking for but another questions stand before her, How Swara ended up in hospital ? Why no one ever mentioned her existence ? Why Veer hide it from her ? And at the end only one words echoed her mind 'VENGEANCE'. He kept her in dark. All the time he was playing with her feelings and she fool didn't understood anything.

She felt again betrayed. The love of her life betrayed her.

She took steps back but bumped to someone.

" So now you understood why he married to a low class girl like you ? ",

Adhira turned to see the face of person and an unexpected person stood in front of her.

" Fiona ",

Fiona hold her wrist and dragged her to another room which was empty.

" You should thank me Adhira for opening your eyes", smirk was plastered on her face. Adhira was trying to understand what's exactly happening around her, with her.

"Veer was never ever in love with you. He was only playing with you. If you were not came in his life then I might have been his wife today not you. But you spoilt it all. You came in between us. You are such a bad omen Adhira. No one loves you ", Fiona said with a disgust pointing index finger on Adhira. And somewhere Adhira accept the fact that no one loves her. She came in between them. Slowly she was loosing faith.

" It's not true ", Adhira wishpered.

Fiona hold her shoulders in harsh manner, " This is only truth and till now you were living was a lie ", and she pushed her, Adhira stumbled.

" No ",

" No....",

She felt suffocating there, she felt her uneven breaths and her body was shivering . She opened the door and ran from there.

As elevator door opened Adhira wiped her tears made her way out of the hospital. In all this her bag fell near the reception.

Fiona was at peace that finally her way is clear to Veer now. Adhira will definitely leave Veer if not then Kunal will do it for her.

Yes, Kunal and Fiona became partners in crime at the day of Aditya's engagement.
When Kunal ran from there , Fiona was going back to her place. She saw Kunal coming out from Shergill Mansion in all panting.  She offered him lift, while talking to him she also buttered out her feelings for Veer and then Kunal offered her deal, which she accepted without hesitation.

Kunal never told him what he exactly did with Adhira , she thought that Kunal is Adhira's old lover who showed after so many years and now behind to claim her.

Everything went like they wanted.

Here Adhira was crying her heart out and trying to hold back her sobs.

" Mam are you ok ? ", Her bodyguard finally asked who was watching her devasted state through rear view mirror.

" Hm I'm fine ", only she knew how she was controlling her sobs. She wanted to reach home as soon as possible. She wanted to be alone for some time.

She was thinking that everything was perfect till morning, she was living a life she always dreamt of. She was with the man who brought happiness back in her life. She was with her family. But now within few hours everything shuttered. Her someone pinned her bubble of happiness.

And a feeling of loneliness took place in her soul again.

🍁🍁🍁

Do tell me what you think about today's update.

And also tell me if it's going too fast.

I hope you enjoyed the update.

Please vote and comment.

And one more thing please give this book shout out on your message board ( I'm greedy for readers 😁🤭)

Take care ❤️😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 19.1K 63
Meera Raichand: Daughter of Annie and Arjun Raichand. She's sweet, caring and loving. When she loves someone she loves them fiercely. She wanted to s...
222K 8K 26
__COMPLETED__ Cover credit :- @_starflies_ and @IndianLegion **Warning:- THIS BOOK IS IN HINDI AND ENGLISH AND TILL NOW I HAVEN'T EDITED IT, SO IF YO...
123K 6.4K 46
This is the story of Ratneshwari. She was a cheerful girl and the only daughter of her parents. She also had a loving brother who cherished and prote...
2.7K 178 23
I love you. You love me. I hate you, you love me. I love you till the end of the universe, Your love does not end at the end of the universe. we figh...