IMPERFECTIONS | Pop Smoke

By _GetLo

Lauryn is currently a Senior at Clark Atlanta University who is on track to becoming a nurse. She is very con... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N Random
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Short & Random Photo Dump
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Let me Explainnnn
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
JUSTICE FOR POPPAAAA
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Poppa the Pimp ๐Ÿ’€
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
New Book!
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
1 more month
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Thank You!

Chapter 46

3.8K 175 100
By _GetLo

Not me forgetting to put the damn dates... This shit probably seems all over the place but we gone act like Des' Birthday was on November 18th 🤦🏾‍♀️ sorry if this story is getting confusing or seems to be all over the place.

💙HAPPY WOO WEDNESDAYYYY!💙

WOOOOOOOOO 💫💙

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╭─────────╮
ʙᴀsʜᴀʀ ᴊᴀᴄᴋsᴏɴ

ɴᴏᴠᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 𝟸𝟾ᴛʜ, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟷

ʟᴏs ᴀɴɢᴇʟᴇs, ᴄᴀ
╰─────────╯

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It's only been about a week and a half since the Vegas trip and Lauryn and I were cool.

I could tell she was still hesitant about the whole 'us' thing but I was willing to go at whatever pace she wanted us to go at, sometimes.

We only talked like three times since the trip because she worked a lot, found out she finally had a job out there in Atlanta and I was happy for her.

"I made a song for you." I smiled while looking at her on the phone.

She just got off of work and I just called her to make sure she was good.

"Pop we friends, why you making songs about me." she said laughing while she propped the phone up.

She was in some blue scrubs with her hair pulled back in a ponytail going through her refrigerator.

"Because I love you that's why." I said as she turned around and raised an eyebrow.

She was serious about this friend shit but sometimes I just couldn't help it because I was happy she was even talking to me.

"Let me hear it." She said while leaning on her island wit her elbow and resting her head on her hand.

I got up to grab my work phone as I went to my notes to find the song and played it over my speakers.

I heard the beat kick in and nodded as I heard myself talking some before the song started.

"Did you sample Ginuwine?" she said while smiling.

I nodded, "Yeah, you noticed already?"

She chuckled and went back to listening.

Shawty go jogging every morning (every morning)
And she make me breakfast almost every morning (every morning)
And she take a naked pic' before she leave the door
I be waking up to pics' before a nigga yawning And every weekend my shawty comin' over (over)
Shawty could Fendi out, but she like Fashion Nova (Nova)
She ain't driving no Camry, she pullin' in a Rover (Rover)
With her hair so curly, I love you, baby

"Not you talking about how I was there every weekend." She said laughing some but still listening.

"Hell yeah, I miss your breakfast and them sexy ass pictures." I said honestly.

I started making it a few days before we broke up and then everything went down so I just threw it in my archives. But when we got back from Vegas all those feelings came back and smacked me in the face so I just went in the studio and let everything out about how I feel about her.

She was vibing to it and I saw her face getting all pink as her dimples poked through her cheeks.

"All I need is your trust
And girl I told you once, don't make me tell you twice
I know you see this print through my pants that I know you like
And yo' ass be looking so fat when it be in them tights
And I'm going straight to the top, so hope you ain't afraid of heights You always treat me right, for a fact, you never left"

"See that last part was there months ago, you did leave my ass so I got to change it." I said making us both laugh

I'm glad we kind of reached the point where we can play around about it.

Not the situation itself but about her leaving me.

l deserved it, and maybe her doing this friend shit was for the best because we started off just trying to jump right in.

Now it all just feels, right.

Mad wild, who am I becoming.

"I had to for ya ass to learn and that was the only way to get my point across." she said making me nod.

"Nah I get it." I said while watching her listen.

The song ended and she stood straight up.

"I love it though, you really are talented with this music stuff. Turning your emotions and pain into art that's a really rare talent. Some people try it but I know you didn't even write anything because you never do, on ya Lil Wayne shit."

I smiled as I grabbed the phone and sat on my couch, "Thank you mamas, that means a lot."

She nodded, "You know what you're going to name it?"

"Nah, not yet at least. I got a few more tweaks to make first and I'm just gone drop it as a single soon."

We talked for a little while longer before she hang up because Mari was staying out there with her for a few days and she was on her way to Lauryn's from a friend's house.

We said our goodbyes as I remembered something I needed to get done.

I opened Instagram to find who I was looking for before shooting him a message.

I smirked as I liked the message and swiped out of my messages.

Calling Xi I waited while she answered.

"Hey Pop."

"Yuuur, I need help with something tomorrow."

She smacked her lips, "Last time you needed help with something I had to talk your way out of jail to some cops for trying to shoot a music video in the middle of the highway."

I laughed remembering what happened, shit I was just trying something new.

"Nah it's legal, kind of."

"Pop I'm not about to do no illegal shit for y-"

"It's for Lauryn." I said cutting her off, already knowing she would agree to it since it was for her.

There was a pause before she finally said something, "What's she need?"

"Remember I told you about the nigga who put his hands on her? I told him to come out here tomorrow for some random fan shit. I'll text you the details and shit but I'm about to call Mike and Dread to fill them in on it."

"Okay." she said as she hang up.

I looked at my phone as I went to the chat with Dread and Mike to FaceTime it and waited for them to answer.

"Wassup nigga bitch!" Dread yelled mocking that little girl from that video making me laugh.

"Yo you wildinnnn! You got to chill sometimes."

Mike got on the call a few seconds later, "Aw shit, a group call so it's something real good or real bad."

"I got a plan for that Jarell dude who choked Lauryn up and I need y'all help."

"You know I'm down." Mike said.

"Poppa mode, I missed this nigga. What's the plan." Dread said with a grin.

Dread was always the trigger happy friend, the one who was down to do some dirt that's why I always talked about him how I did in my songs.

He was really like that.

"Ight, so I told him come out here tomorrow. We gone..."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╭─────────╮
ʟᴀᴜʀʏɴ ᴡɪʟsᴏɴ

ʟᴀᴛʟᴀɴᴛᴀ, ɢᴀ
╰─────────╯

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I just got out of the shower and heard the TV on in my guest room indicating Mari had got back.

I walked across the hall holding my towel up as I opened the door seeing her laid out on the bed watching Friday.

"You just got back?" I asked.

She nodded, "Like 5 minutes ago."

"How was Jerrica?" I asked as I sat on the end of the bed.

"Good, she told me to tell you hey girl."

I chuckled and shook my head as I turned to the TV.

"So when you gone tell me about you and Pop?" She said while looking over at me.

I scrunched my face, "What are y-"

"Lauryn...bitch... I've known you for how long? I'm not about to keep playing this game with you like y'all not still talking."

I sighed.

I knew it was only a certain amount of time before her or Des confront me about what was really going on and how I felt.

I couldn't even keep lying to them about it.

About the sex...not telling them.

About us talking...I guess I can.

I'll tell her about that then.

"I mean you know I still love him. We've talked from time to time since Vegas but he knows where my head is with everything. Like I told him I'm not even ready for a relationship with him again and he said he understands. But we're just cool right now." I said as she just nodded.

"Now I won't lie I did like Pop for you, but I just don't like how immature he is and I don't want him to damage you. You trust, love and forgive so easily and I don't want him taking advantage of that. When I say you're a catch I really mean that and I don't want you to short yourself for him but I'll support whatever you decide to do because I love you."

I smiled some.

I understand where Mari is coming from.

When I broke up with my ex I was really a mess, lost weight and really fell into a depression.

Thought I couldn't breathe without dude.

So I don't want to start feeling dependent on Pop, because I never want to feel like that again.

But he just makes me happy, like as a person he really is amazing it's just his head isn't right yet.

"And that's why I love you." I replied as I reached over and gave her a hug.

We hugged for a second before she started trying to push me off, "Okay bitch you wet and naked gone."

I smacked my lips as I let her go and sat up straight, "Like we ain't seen eachother naked before girl be quiet." I said as I rolled my eyes.

It's true.

She's my best friend of course we've seen each other naked before.

Maybe even too many times but who cares, she's seen some of my best nudes before too.

My biggest critique.

"But you all wet! at least dry off." she yelled while trying to kick me.

"Not you tying to kick me off the bed." I rolled my eyes as I got up.

"You know it's all love." she said before he phone rang.

She smiled big so I already knew who it was as I started to walk out.

"Hey babyyyy, I miss you!" I heard her shriek as I closed my bedroom door behind me.

Tsssss it's hard being the single friend.

Mari was my single buddy before all of this now she all in love.

It's just crazy because she really did not want Mike at first, now look at her.

That's why I try and keep myself so busy, so I don't have to think about the fact that both of my friends are all boo'd up and here I was.

Still getting cheated on.

But it was nice having Pop around to at least talk to.

I finished getting dressed and threw on my Ethika set before throwing my hair in a messy bun.

I knocked on Mari's door before I heard her say some in, "You want some cookies?"

"Of course, I'll be out there in a minute." she replied as I nodded.

I walked and headed to the kitchen and pre-heated the oven.

Christmas and my birthday will be here before I know it so I need to start my Christmas shopping and get me a tree.

I love this time of the year, it's just so much happiness in the air.

I took the cookies out of the fridge as I sprayed a pan and spread them on there before throwing them in the oven.

I grabbed my phone to play Summer Walker's Over It on my speakers as I just sat on my couch and looked out of my window.

These floor to ceiling windows hit different at night and I always catch myself staring out of them just in awe.

Atlanta was really beautiful.

I love this new phase of my life, everything is going so right.

But that scares me...

Because whenever everything seems to be too right so bullshit happens.

Let's hope that's no time soon at least.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

That song is so cute to me 😭

Poppa on demon time though, Jarell don't even know what he has coming to him.

Xi likes Lauryn more than she likes Pop lmao.

Y'all ever feel like when stuff goes to right something bad is going to happen?

Cause same.

But what could possibly go wrong 🤫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325K 13.3K 39
Dior was just a regular girl from New York, until she met Bashar, somebody who would change her life forever. #foreverwoo๐Ÿ’™
131K 6K 36
๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™š๐™จ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ช๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™š, ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ. ---- Donteria Wright, a high school senior at Highland hi...
1.1M 71K 48
Asha Mitchell is all about her education and the next box to check off her list of goals. She never allows anyone to steer her from her path or take...
1.7K 116 12
Asiya Davis gets out of work at 11pm every night, she works at chick fil a full time to pay for her little apartment in Brooklyn New York and go to s...