You don't know what obsession...

By yo_666

As her mom gets a new job in sunny California, Lily has to leave New York City, where she's lived all her lif... More

Obsession Prologue + Chapter 1
Obsession Chapter 3
Obsession Chapter 4
Obsession Chapter 5
Obsession Chapter 6
Obsession Chapter 7
Obsession Chapter 8
Obsession Chapter 9
Obsession Chapter 10
Obsession Chapter 11
Obsession Chapter 12
Obsession Chapter 13
Obsession Chapter 14
Obsession Chapter 15
Obsession Chapter 16

Obsession Chapter 2

1.8K 26 3
By yo_666

So here's chapter two for you---- i'm thinking to start and TRY to upload about once a week, if that doesn't get too stressful, in which case i'll tell you guys so you don't wait in avail.... i like the story so far... i have like 48 hand-written pages in a file, but considering that the first chapter was 12 of those and only turned out as 5 on here, i don't really know how many chapter that'll be... hoping to write some more though, so don't worry...

currently working to put a little more to chapter 3 which will, if goes as planned, be up next sunday.... may not be completely ready since i have like... 3? tests this week, and if such is the case, i apologize in beforehand... sorry. --- promise i'll try though!!

lots of love

xoxo

You don't know what obsession is... 

Until you meet me.

Chapter 2

Cain's POV 

Lily suddenly blushed furiously red and looked away, at the same time snapping me back to the classroom. She looked at her feet as she went to sit down, glancing around just before she did so. 

Oh, God, she was beautiful. 

Lily was placed two seats in front and one to the left of me, so I had a perfect view of her the whole period. Well, not her face, but her neck, her hair, and the way she moved her arms and hands every time she spoke, animating her speech. Her voice carried loud and clear through the room, and I inhaled every word. 

A few times she made a motion as if she thought of turning around, but seemed to stop herself each time. I wondered why. 

At last the bell rang end of period, and students rushed for the door, but since Lily stayed behind, I decided to stall too, pretending to drop my things as an excuse, and I told Tommy, who'd sat next to me the whole time but whom I'd barely even noticed, to go ahead without me. 

'Mr Stuart', she said, and I looked up to see her hand over a piece of paper to the teacher. 'I was told you would sign this for me.' 

'Of course, miss Hammond', he said and then looked over her shoulder at me. 'Evans, you be on your way now, or you'll be late for next period.' 

I grunted in response and picked up my books, following right behind Lily out the door. She smelled wonderful - like a mix of roses and honey, and raspberries. I followed her down to the ground floor and through the corridors until she stopped at her locker and opened it. It wasn't until then that I noticed where we were. Wow. She has her locker in the same corridor as I do. Lucky me, I thought as I made myself pass Lily and go over to my own locker, 617, it would have been really awkward if I hadn't had anywhere to go after she stopped. 

I stood by my locker for a while, until the second bell rang and the corridors emptied, which left Lily and I alone. I felt myself getting nervous, even though she was several lockers down, staring at a piece of paper intently, as if trying to set it on fire with her mind. 

Just to do something, I stuffed my books into my locker and ran my hands through my hair. 

'Excuse me.' I froze. 'Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me where to find room... 115?' 

I slowly turned to face her, feeling once again as if electric shots were shooting through my whole body as I met her eyes. There was a short pause before I had gathered myself up enough to speak. 

"Yeah. Sure", I croaked. She looked expectantly up at me. "Here", I said, regaining control of my voice, "I'll take you to it." 

I felt her behind me, and her presence grew stronger for every step I took. It took all I had not to turn around and look at her, touch her, to kiss her. And then, finally, we were at the right door. I didn't think I'd be able to go if I actually looked at her, so with a deep breath and a wrenching pain in my stomach, I ignored her "thank you" and walked on. It wasn't until I heard the door shut behind her that I stopped and had to lean onto the wall for a couple of deep breaths. 

When I'd pulled myself together again, I ran to Biology. Class had started five minutes ago (only five?) and Mr. Mars was going to be pissed, but I didn't care. He could scream all he wanted, but I had spent almost five whole minutes alone with Lily Hammond.

Lily's POV 

I thanked the guy that had showed me to the classroom, but he just walked on, like he didn't hear me. How rude! I took a couple of seconds to glare at his back, but then decided to go into the classroom and in turn ignore him the next time we met. 

The seniors' math teacher, Ms. Carmichael, greeted me with a smile and told the class my name, and then let me take my seat. Math went by pretty smoothly. I'm not brilliant at it, but I don't suck either, and I get pretty good results on tests, which makes it more fun. And Ms. Carmichael, or Mary, as she repeatedly told me to call her (as everyone else already did), was great. Every time she went through something on the whiteboard , she wore a big smile and made a joke or two, and she really seemed to care about the students and take the time to get to know them. 

Next class was English. That's OK, I guess. That guy with the green eyes (I really need to find out his name!) was in that class, and to my horror, I was seated right next to him. I could feel him staring at me throughout the whole period, but I ignored him like a wall the whole time, which made me feel a little better about myself. 

The girl who sat to my left, named Emma, talked to me a lot, though, which made it easier to ignore him, and I gratefully accepted her friendship. Emma had light brown hair, but she told me it was dyed, and that her natural color was white blonde. She was very short, and had a small face with small, watery eyes. She talked WAY too much, but she was nice at least, and I enjoyed the company, so when she asked me to join her and her friends for lunch, I was quick to accept. 

They were a nice bunch of people, Emma's friends. There was Joel, Emma's twin brother. He had the white blond hair that Emma'd said she'd dyed, Emma's watery blue eyes, and the same main features as his sister. He was about my height, which is really short for a guy, but a few inches taller than Emma. He seemed nice, although he didn't say much. At all. 

Rose had dark brown hair and A LOT of eyeliner. It looked good on her, though. She wore tight black jeans, a print T-shirt and Converse, which Emma said was her signature style. 

There was Hanna, a cheerleader, blonde and just as bubbly as Emma, green eyes and a big mouth; and then there was Jesse. 

He was cute. You know, small frame and curly black hair. His clothes looked too big, but as if they were meant to. And he looked younger than he really was, like fifteen, really seventeen going on eighteen. He was like an oversized teddy bear. A little shy, maybe, but trying hard not to show it to anyone. 

We spent the whole hour in the cafeteria, and then had to run to our lockers to not be late for next class.

---------------------

I had French in room 213 and Emma had Spanish. I've got all A's in French: my grand-mother spent half her life in France and she talked only french to me when she visited New York, so I knew it pretty well. 

After French I had Chemistry with Emma and Rose. Well I guess you could say that Chemistry was NOT one of my favorite subjects. At all. I mean it, at my old school our teacher was just standing in front of the class snoring. Well, not snoring, maybe, but you get what I mean. He didn't seem overly thrilled to see us as we walked into the room. And then there was the subject itself. It's not that I had bad grades or anything, they were just fine, a bunch of B's - but it was still extremely uninteresting. 

The teacher at my new school was the exact opposite of my old Chemistry teacher. Mr Kane was an old, bubbly man, and he seemed to really like his students, and anyone could see that he liked his subject.  

He merrily introduced me to the rest of the class as 'miss Lily Hammond from New York' and made me sit at the window, beside a guy named Charlie. 

The last period of the day was P.E. It's OK I guess, I like running, and soccer's fun. Unfortunately for me, though, soccer was not the game played today - volleyball was. So not only did I make a fool of myself on my first day, but I made a fool of myself on my first day in front of what's-his-face (I really needed to know his name! It was killing me!). 

As I went home (by foot, mind you - I don't have a car), after saying goodbye to Emma who was still in the showers when I left (she had gym together with me) and leaving that note to the school's secretary, I could think of nothing else than his face and it made me so angry I could burst. Not him exactly, but that I couldn't stop thinking of him and of the fact that every time I saw him, he seemed to be staring at me. It was creepy, yet sort of flattering. I, in turn, had tried NOT to look at him, as much as I could. 

When I came home, the first thing I did was, as usual, to wash the dirty dishes in the sink, before I went upstairs and crashed upon my bed where I worked a bit on the English essay that we'd been assigned due next week. At six o'clock I gave up and went downstairs to make dinner. 

I ate on my own just as every night since my mom worked late, and then walked back upstairs to start unpacking my clothes - those were what I'd be needing first. When I'd unpacked five boxes of clothes I crashed on my bed in my underwear and quickly fell asleep, dreaming of strong arms, black hair and piercing green eyes.

Cain's POV 

The rest of the day went by in a blur; the only thing clear in my mind was the face of Lily Hammond. Every time I saw her or just heard her voice, my heart would skip a beat. At lunch I made sure to sit so that I could watch her the whole hour. She'd made friends with Emma Edwards, which was good. Their group was a mix of different kind of people, but they held together and didn't dump you for wearing the wrong kind of shoes or something. 

Of course Tommy noticed - how could he not have when all I'd been doing all day was staring longingly at a girl I had barely talked to? At first he thought she was just my next "victim", but soon thought better of it (after I nearly kicked his ass). 

Tommy was in on the whole werewolf stuff - he was one himself - so after watching me closely all day, he came to the conclusion of me having found my mate.  

At first I laughed at him, then I frowned. My mate? That couldn't be, right? Hardly any weres found their mates, even if they spent their whole lives searching, and I just happen to stumble upon mine? 

But at the same time I so hoped him to be right, because - well, who wouldn't want to have Lily Hammond as mate? She was pure perfection. She was everything. She was... my mate? Could it be? Could I really be so lucky? I felt as if my stomach was full of butterflies at the mere thought, and a big grin spread across my face when I imagined her in front of me, her beautiful voice. 

What if? 

All in all, Lily was in three of my classes, plus lunch period. My heart skipped every time I saw her, even when just passing in the corridor. God, she was beautiful. She had this confidence about her, as if nothing could hurt her, and she could do anything. I agreed with her. Nothing WOULD hurt her, not as long as I was alive. Her getting hurt would kill me. 

When I got home that day, I decided that the first thing I was going to do was talk to my dad. Surely he would know if there was the possibility of her being mine. 

The back door opened into the kitchen, where my father sat at the wooden table, eating a sandwich. A really, really BIG sandwich. 

"Wow. Hungry much?" I asked, trying to avoid the subject a few seconds longer. 

"Are you kidding?" he laughed, "This is my third." 

I sat down in the chair beside him. 

"Dad?" I started hesitantly. 

He looked up from his food and stared at my face, alarmed at my (obviously failed) attempt to sound casual. 

"Yes?" 

"When did you realize that you'd found your mate in mom?" I asked, trying to relax my posture.  

He watched me suspiciously. 

"Why do you ask?" 

"Well... How do you know when you find your other half?" I said, reformulating the question and at the same time avoiding his. 

He sat up straighter, meeting my gaze with sharp, steel grey eyes. 

"Son?" he said. "Is there anything you want to tell me?" I hesitated again. "Anything at all?" 

"Well... I think I might've found mine. My mate. But I'm not sure, so..." 

"Your mate? Are you sure?" 

What? 

"No! I just said I wasn't! Didn't you just listen?" I sighed. "So can you tell me or not?" 

He looked at me, then got comfortable in his seat again. "It's... it's kind of like finding your other half," he said, confirming what I'd asked. "You can't stay away from her for long, and you have a vague feeling of where she is all the time, so you'll always be able to find her no matter the distance. You know, in case of danger." I let out a low growl. The mere thought of any hurt or damage being made to Lily had me so angry and worried that I almost rushed out to find her. But I stayed put, because this was important for me to know. "You'll love her more than anything and'll do anything for her - though I'd advise you not to let her know that, cause it gives the females an unfair advantage you won't want them to have." He laughed at some private joke, or memory, whatever. 

That was it? 

"That's it?" I asked skeptically. 

"Well... To really mark her as yours to the other wolves, and to her, you'll need to mark her properly. Right now you feel almost like you've already marked her, but it doesn't show to anyone else, and to her it's just a strong attraction she can't explain and'll probably blame on teenage hormones." He chuckled, then went back to being serious. "This means, of course, that she's still available for other guys" I couldn't stop the fierce growl that tore through my chest, "so you'll have to... mark your territory, as soon as you can." he finished, seemingly unfazed by my growling in his face. 

Mark your territory. That meant I'd have to have sex with her. 

"So I've found her? She's the one?" I asked, getting exited. It HAD to be her!  

"IF you can feel the Pull, I imagine so." 

"OK, " I said and rose to walk out the door, "thanks." 

The sun was shining outside and I went to lie down in the shadow of the big willow tree in out backyard. I concentrated hard on Lily's face and imagined her in my arms, praying it would work. One minute passed by. I remembered the exact shape and color of her glittering eyes. Two minutes. The outline of her jaw... Three minutes. The perfect line of her nose, and her full, soft-looking, pink lips... Five minutes. I imagined the silk feel of her hair in my hands, and her alluring scent in the air around us. How it would feel to have her soft body tightly presses against mine... 

Nearly fifteen minutes passed before I started to feel a slight pull in the back of my mind. I stayed put for a couple of five minutes more, letting the Pull grow stronger by keeping focus on Lily's face. I wondered if it would go away if I stopped, but decided to risk it, and let go of her image. 

The Pull was still there. 

I smiled to myself, letting my mind wander, naturally drifting back to Lily. I wondered what she was doing. Was she smiling? Were her eyes glittering with silent laughter at some private joke? Or was she crying? Maybe she missed New York... My chest tightened at the thought. 

I decided to try if the pull actually worked and sat up in the dry grass. 

It wasn't really that long of a run, just five minutes or so, in wolf form. The Pull grew stronger and stronger the closer I got, guiding me on where to go. 

Lily's house was really nice. An ordinary middle-class home, white-painted with a wide porch in front. The surrounding lawn was green, but a bit dry due to heat and lack of rain over the last few days. 

I could feel her inside, calling me with an almost magnetic force. And I was drawn to her like a tiny metallic paperclip. 

She was on the ground floor, and as I went around the house in search of the right window, I finally found her in the kitchen, cleaning dishes. She was so beautiful in an apron, and her hair put up in a messy ponytail with a few strands framing her face, I wanted to cry. Of course, I didn't: I've still got some pride.

----------------------

I stayed outside her house, silently watching her, until long after dark. Her bedroom was on the second floor, so I'd had to find a tree to climb up in. There was a good one in the backyard. 

She spent most of the evening doing homework and unpacking boxes, dancing around in only underwear and a tank top. God, she was beautiful. And sexy as hell. I spent hours just watching her sleep. She was smiling as she dreamed of God knows what. I couldn't help but wish it was me. 

And then there were howling. The cry of wolves made me snap back to reality. I recognized my own pack as they cried warnings of a fight. I had to help, even if it hurt my very soul to leave Lily behind, asleep and clueless of what was going on just outside her window. At least she was safe. 

The ground below the canopy was dark and unlit by moonlight, but yet I could see as well as during the day, and so despite the speed I was moving at, I didn't fall. 

When I was out of sight of the houses and just the owls and other nightly animals could see me, I quickly stripped out of my clothes and put them behind a tree before swiftly shifting into my wolf. And then I started running again, now on four legs and paws. I flew through the underbrush, between trees and past surprised deers and terrified bunnies. When I broke free of the trees and into a clearing, I abruptly halted, skidding a few feet in the loose dirt. 

The clearing was full of fighting wolves. Vicious growls were rippling through the air, sharp claws and teeth glistening in the silver moonlight as they searched for flesh to tear.  

I recognized the enemy immediately. They were a pack of rogues. Well, the pack part was discussable: they came and went together and they had a leader - but they didn't run together or live together. They didn't love each other, they weren't a family. Neither had they any rules to live by, and they were a pain in the ass to every other pack they stumbled upon, as they often tried breaking up the packs to get more members themselves. They had no land, but considered the world as their own. 

And now they were after us? 

With a fierce growl, I joined the fight by taking down a big grey wolf that was fighting - and winning over - one of our own, smaller wolves. Next to go down by my hands (well teeth, I guess) was a smaller, reddish one, whom I bit by the throat and pushed to the ground before snapping the neck. I pushed my way further through the mass of animal bodies, looking for their infamous leader. Leader - not Alpha. This "pack" had no bonds other that those of hatred and anger. 

He was huge - almost as big as I was (I was bigger since I had Alpha blood, even I wasn't one yet), and he was fighting my father. The Rogue was gaining the upper hand over my father, but before he could do any great harm, I jumped at him, making us roll a few feet before stopping. I snapped at his neck as he lay beneath me, but he dodged it and managed to push me off of him with his hind legs. 

We circled each other, and I tried to get at him before he could fully recover from the surprise, but to no avail: all I got in were some scratches that would probably heal as soon as I made them. On the plus-side, though, he didn't get in any hits either. 

And then it all was over quickly. I pretended to be distracted and turned my head for a second. The Rogue decided that this was the time to strike, but before he could do any damage, I was back in it - and now I had him close enough. We rolled for a short while, until I gained the upper hand and stayed in control on top. I took a strong hold of his neck with my teeth, and was just about to snap it when I heard I loud yelp of pain and recognized the wolf as my sister, Bess. I let go of the Rogue's neck to look to see what happened. 

The wolf under me kicked me off again and quickly got up. But instead of attacking again, as I though he would, he ran. It took only moments for the rest of them to realize that their leader had fled the field, and followed him into the woods. I waited until I could neither see or hear the last of them before I turned my worried eyes to Bess. 

It was serious and would take a few days to heal, even with the werewolf gene, but she wouldn't die - thank God. At least there were no one in our pack that was hurt worse. We got Bess home (which wasn't really that far) where mom fussed over her all night.

I went to my room and lay down on my bed, exhausted, staring up at the ceiling. As soon as my mind had calmed down, if wandered, once again, to Lily.

 There it stayed as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 1.3K 31
**COMPLETE** This teenage girl has always been the outcast. She's always had it hard at school, home, and practically anywhere. On the night of a sch...
301 22 37
Gwen was a small town, photographer that was just a 13 year old teen. When she finds out her cousin just moved to Sacramento, she takes the chance of...
43 3 26
Kimmy Evans just wants to get through her High School Years without any drama, and to go unnoticed. However when new student Sean Jones transferred t...
491 2 31
Tabitha was a senior in high school and was about to turn eighteen on Halloween. With her parents on a trip, she decided to venture to a party her fr...