PLAYING GAMES

By gothamcrime

šŽšŽšŽ. | šš‹š€š˜šš† š†š€šŒš„š’ ā†’Ėšā‚ŠĀ· Ü“ą³ˆ ź’° š—Ÿš—¢š—Øš—œš—¦ š—£š—”š—„š—§š—„š—œš——š—šš—˜... More

š—–š—”š—¦š—§
š—”š—–š—§ š—¢š—”š—˜.
- š—½š—¹š—®š˜†š—¹š—¶š˜€š˜.
1. being the outcast.
2. auburn leaves.
3. strange day.
4. it starts.
5. flirtatious boy.
6. Friends.
7. copelands party.
8. avoiding him.
9. forgivness.
10. Thoughts and tears.
š—”š—–š—§ š—§š—Ŗš—¢.
- š—½š—¹š—®š˜†š—¹š—¶š˜€š˜.
12. taking it slow.
13. date?
14. new years.
15. in the rain.
16. carnival.
17. birthday.
18. v day.
19. someones jealous.
20. movie night !
21. simps
22. graduation
23. epilogue

11. wanna be yours.

6.5K 221 1K
By gothamcrime

I recommend listening to one of the two playlist while reading ! Other than that enjoy <3

𝖷𝖨. 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗇𝖺 𝖻𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗌.
———- 📼

𝖠𝖫𝖸𝖲𝖲𝖠'𝖲 𝖯𝖮𝖵 ; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*
_________________

That was it. Everything we told each other, the kiss, the agitating, the laughs, him. All gone in less than 24 hours, due to the word "pay." To me it wasn't real. The feelings. My chance of love gone.

I cried that day. Over Louis partridge. Pathetic. He left me multiple missed calls. Apologizing through bundles of tears. I listened to the voicemails. Hearing his voice crack violently. Paying attention to how heart broken he sounded. I couldn't take it so, I shut it off. I sat there. Surveying the wall.

Speaking of which. It's been almost a month. Not talking to Louis. I didn't even look at him. Roaming opposite halls. Eating my lunch out in the courtyard. Corina also texted me. Asking if I was ok. I told her I was fine. Obviously lying.

On top of that, prom was around the corner. A stupid excuse for a dance. Every high school tradition. Corina begged me to go. Knowing she didn't wanna be alone. Or because she didn't have a date. Corina finally convinced me to go.

She was so excited, she already has a dress. To my my luck, Corina bought an extra one, surprising me.
It was cute and simple. The dress was a pastel lilac, clusters of violet daises then and there, a sweetheart neckline, with small ruffles alining the bottom of the dress. I loved it.

When attending the dance, I wanted to do it for myself. Let go of all my overthinking. Despite how shit these past months or weeks have gone. I spent so much time alone. So I guess it was time to fiddle right back into a big group of people my age.

———

It was now Friday. December 18th, the last day before winter break starts. The prom. I dreaded going, but at the same time I was ecstatic to wear the gorgeous dress Corina had bought me.

She invited me over to her house. Her knowing  I didn't do my makeup often, Corina wanted to do it for me. The look consisted of fixing my eyebrows, contouring my nose just a bit, basic eyeliner, mascara, a nude pink lipstick, and some snippets of highlighter.

Corina did hers the same, the only difference was her sheer lipgloss. I admired how beautiful she was. How effortlessly perfect her face looked. Blonde highlights bringing out the green in her eyes.

I slipped into my dress, matching it with a pair of white Mary Janes, that had chunky heels. In my point of view I think I looked pretty today. Corina wore her silk black dress, stopping just above her knees. Both our hairs were curled for the special occasion.

We bid her parents our goodbyes, making our way to the Uber we called. We talked about what songs that both of us wanted to come on. Chuckling about the TikTok songs that could play randomly. It wasn't long until we arrived at the location the dance was at. Corina was despitefully thrilled. I laughed softly at her. I wanted her to have a good time.

"Come on! Let's go!" She exclaimed, grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the car.

"Ok, ok!" I giggled. I quickly pulled her back a little.

"Could you take a picture of me for my Instagram?" I asked her.

"Of course you beauty!" She compliments.

"Oh hush. I love you." I told her.

𝗔𝗟𝗬𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗕𝗨𝗥𝗞𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗧

𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗬 • 𝗹𝘂𝗻𝗮.𝗰𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗸, 𝗹𝘂𝘃𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗮, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝟵𝟴 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀
𝗮𝗹𝘆𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗯𝘂𝗿𝗸𝗵𝗮𝗿𝘁 crying in my prom dress

VIEW ALL 64 COMMENTS

user BAE

user omg lyz where's your dress from? 😸🤎
╰➢ alyssaburkhart @princessboutiqe ! <3
—— veiw 8 previous replies

user beautiful bby

user OK MS GORL

author she so hot I swear WHEW

user SHAWTY 😩

user lord spare some coochie 😔

louis.partridge_ stunning

user 🧍🏻‍♀️

user THE SHOES
╰➢ alyssaburkhart RIGHT? 😩
—— view 5 previous replies

luna.clark LILAC DRESS LILAC DRESS 🤬

luna.clark pastel lilac is your color
╰➢ alyssaburkhart ugh thanks babe 🤎🥲

luvcorina ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS

luvcorina pic creds? 🥲💔😔
╰➢ alyssaburkhart photo creds goes all to my girlfriend @luvcorina 😩🤎👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩
—— view 3 previous replies

LOAD MORE COMMENTS

—————————

When skimming through the comments, I found Louis'  user? How did he find my social media? It was weird. I shrugged it off. Corina dragged me all the way inside. She presumed it was funny to take pictures, where the couples took theirs.

We posed in different ways. One with her arms around my waist. Another with me kissing her cheek. The two of us peaked at the photos. Giggling at how stupid we looked.

I spot the drink area, leading Rina to it. Luckily in Europe 17 was the legal age. So there were bottles of sparkling wine. I served myself a glass of the peach flavored one. The taste was bitter and bubbly. But the aftertaste was savoring. This wasn't my first time having wine, first drinking it alone on a rooftop. One of the best experiences by myself.

Corina's favorite song came on "sweater weather" by The Neighborhood. It was one of mine also. Both of us scurried to the dance floor. Jumping up and down. Shouting the lyrics, until our lungs pained.

"And if I may just take your breath away!" Corina sang the lyric, correction hollering. I bellowed the next.

"I don't mind if there's not much to say!" I cried back.
We twirled around, dancing everywhere. Having the best time of our lives. At the last dance of our senior year. I felt free. I loved this feeling. Yelling the lyrics of our favorite song, with my best friend. Moments like this, I wish last for eternity.

"sometimes the silence guides your mind."
"So move to a place so far away."

The tune ended, a frown resting upon mine and Corina's lips. The neighborhood was one of my favorite bands. Listening to their songs made me feel something. A little funny don't you think?

The girl strolled along to her friends. Making sure it was ok with me first. She was so kind hearted. I walked back to the drinks table. Pouring myself another glass of the same wine. Leaning against the wall in the back, while gazing up at all the other students. The exciting energy spread around the room.

Grins and snickers from all the individuals enjoying their time. Lovers dancing together. Kisses and hugs. I was so touch deprived, because that's how lonely I was. It was always me alone. Majority of my life. Yeah, there was affection from parents then and there, but other than that. Nothing at all.

Taking me out of thought, I heard the song that made my heart sink every time I heard it.

"I wanna be yours." By the band Arctic Monkeys.

That song made me crave love. The feeling of love to be exact. To be someone's. The sound of it filled my ears. Humming the lyrics. I could listen to it on repeat. I looked around, seeing couples slow dancing together. Funny, because I was tearing up.
I softly laughed at myself, staring down. I felt stupid. And left alone.

"I wanna be your vacuum cleaner."

"Breath in your dust."

" I wanna be your Ford Cortina"

"I will never rust"

"If you like your coffee hot"

"Let me be your coffee pot"

"You call the shots, babe"

"I just wanna be yours"

I swayed side to side slightly to the music. Sipping the drink I held in hand. On the verge of crying. So there I was, swaying by myself, observing lovely couples dance together. Right up until I heard his voice. Louis' voice. Singing the words upon the stage. He came out of no where.

"Secrets I have held in my heart."

He ever so slyly walked off the stage. I shifted my gaze up to him. Meeting his eyes. Louis was looking right at me. Everyone scooted back left and right, making a passage way.

"Are harder to hide than I thought."

Louis walked slowly towards me. Mic in hand, maintaining eye contact. Everyone was looking at him. My eyesight has gone blurry from all the tears piling up, threatening to spew out.

"Maybe I just wanna be yours,
I wanna be yours."

Until he finally made it to me. Still singing he took my hand in his. Pressing a kiss onto my knuckles gently. I was stiff. I couldn't move. My mouth gaped open.

He lowered the microphone down. Faintly whispering to only me "I wanna be yours." I looked into his brown eyes with specs of green. Tears already downhill over my flustered cheeks. I was speechless. Louis leaned to my ears. "Can I kiss you." He lowly asked. With his raspy voice.

I closed my eyes letting more tears fall. I couldn't let any audible words out, or else I'd let out a sob. So I nodded slowly. His tender lips collided with mine softly. You could taste the salty teardrops on my lips.

Everyone in the room cheered for us. I smiled in our kiss. My hands made their way to his neck. "I missed you lyz." Louis told me in between kisses.  We pulled apart, gaping at each other. I grasped his hand, guiding him outside the crowded building.

Our tired bodies slumped onto the dark green bench. I signed heavily. "Explain. Because I'm listening now." I assured Louis. And he did. He confessed everything about the bet. That it was Harry's idea. He agreed because didn't know me well until now. And that he fell for me. Deeply. I was shocked overall. Knowing that he did feel the same.

"I like you. A lot alyssa. I'm sorry for agreeing to a stupid bet that you had to be apart of. I would never intend to hurt you again. Ever." He interlaced our hands. I could feel him looking right at me. While I stared at the cars in front of us. I wiped away my dry tears. And said. "Promise?" Holding out my pinky. "Promise." He put his pinky in mine. I dropped my head on his shoulder. He dropped his on top of mine. This was only the start of something.

authors note !
‧₊˚. 🕯 📿

mm hay 😹🤚🏼‼️ here's the long awaited chapter 😏I really like this bc 1. I've always adored scenes in movies when the guy sang to the girl in apologizing

2. The songs 😩 3. Just ugh literally so ugh any who pls vote and commentper usual !!! 😎👍🏼✨🌱🪴👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩did you like this chapter ?? I hope you enjoyed chapter 11 <33 see you next time 😏 or not hehehfjjd 😩

               your fav, jennica

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 14.9K 60
We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time. Season 1 āœ… Season 2 āœ… *don't own anything or anyone besides Sage...
1.6M 20.2K 49
She was the first person he trusted with his secret. His safe place. He was the first guy she let all the way in. He could ground her when nobody els...
869K 12.4K 41
They were both alone. Until the time came and they weren't. Following Blair Jennings who joins The Pogues after the untimely death of her mother, th...
486K 10.2K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.