Paradise (MikaYuu)

By Ivemissedyou

I did say Ending A left room for a sequel. So in this lovely other life Mika spoke so fondly of, Yuu finds hi... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55

3

443 20 6
By Ivemissedyou

You would think that I would be better at writing angst after doing it for 4 years
...

"So, Paradise?" My dark haired father asked.

My dads had asked me out to lunch to celebrate my new employment. It want anything big, but I was happy to spend time with them.

"Yep, Paradise." I said.

"Mikaela Tepes, huh?" He questioned further.

"That's correct." I sipped on my iced tea.

"I always got a bad vibe from him. I've never met him but I feel really... I can't think of the word... maybe uncomfortable? Suspicious?" He said.

"Pop, he seems pretty nice, you don't need to worry." I smiled.

"Actually I kind of agree with him," my dad said as he took a seat next to me, "I never really felt the Mikaela Tepes had any good intentions either. He's been massive in the media for about 8 years and I still vividly remember the first time I saw him. It made me feel panicked."

"It's really good money, Dad." I said.

"Not everything in life is about money, Yuu. If you view money that way you can end up in difficult situations." Pop commented.

My mind drifted to Asher and the way that that monster had complete control over him. I pondered for a moment if it was because of money he stayed but eventually came to the conclusion that Asher wasn't that shallow.

"Hey, have either of you two ever felt connected to someone so strongly upon first meeting them?" I asked.

"Yeah," Dad said, "and he's right there." He pointed to my pop.

"Why? Do you feel that towards Mikaela?" asked Pop.

"No, no. I met someone else that I just instantly felt this urge to protect." I said.

"Hmm, weird. I'd be a hypocrite if I said I didn't believe in love at first sight, so maybe it's that." Pop commented.

"Hm, maybe, we'll see." I shrugged.

"You're not typically defensive of people, how are your feelings towards Mikaela?" Dad asked.

"I wouldn't say I was being defensive, he just hasn't really shown to be bad. Actually, quite the opposite, Mikaela has shown to be very good. If anything, he's just a little isolated. He could use a friend or two." I proclaimed.

"You should know better than anyone that being the only friend isn't a good job," His purple eyes seemed to be trying to analyze my inner thoughts, "a group would do him better."

"As much as I hate to admit it, I do agree. But, he has to start somewhere." I mentioned.

"True, just make sure he doesn't become too reliant on you. Having a friend is good and all, just make sure you're not the only person he can go to." And his blue eyes seemed to be doing the exact same thing.

"Mm, I'll try." I said.

...
(Mika)

"You lied to him." Asher said as he watched me fill out the paperwork.

"Yes, I lied, that's never bothered you before," I shrugged, "I don't really have the time for this. You lied to him as well."

"I've never understood you, and you've been so much worse these past few days, ever since you met him you've been so different." He pulled at his sickeningly bright hair, a habit most likely due to his anxiety. It was mild, but it was certainly there.

"The situation has changed, my friend. All the pieces are finally coming together. Before it just felt like I was missing something, but I couldn't quite place it, and I know you feel it too." I smiled.

"I think everyone does," He crossed his arms, "but I'm telling you now a partner won't fix you. Your partner will never make you whole, only you can do that."

I shot him a glare, "You need to learn when it's time to shut up. I'm not some child that needs a lesson."

He backed off a little bit, "I know." From that alone, it was obvious some things changed that will never go back to normal.

"I've been waiting so long for someone like this," my glee was quickly interrupted as I remembered the way Yuu had looked at him earlier, "I want you to stay away from him. I'm planning on putting you into his care for therapy, but other than that you need to be away from him."

"I don't know, I kinda like him. He gives me a nice feeling." Asher smirked, he knew that it would piss me off.

I shut my computer harshly and stared up at him aggressively, "If I find out that you got close to him, I will personally invite Ray back here to fucking kill you."

He flinched a little, "I don't understand what drives you to be such a monster."

I laughed a little, "No, I suppose you wouldn't. I don't think anyone could understand. Let me just put it this way, I finally found out what I'm living for, and I'll be damned if I let a little whore like you ruin it."

"Jesus, you really are worse than Ray." Ash was disgusted by me to say the least.

"No, you're definitely wrong there. I'm not a sicko that hits their partner into submission." I reminded him.

"You have a point there. But oh, Mikaela," he sighed, "not all abuse is physical. Most of the time, it tends to be emotional. Make sure you remember that," he put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed tight, it was very out of character for him to do so. But as soon as I made eye contact I could tell this was not the same person I was talking to a moment ago, this person was who Asher had always fallen just short of, "because you will not get a third chance."
...
(Yuu)

"Hey, Yoichi, sorry I just came back. My dads wanted me to tell yo-" I cut myself off as I walked in and found Yoichi sitting on the sofa, legs crossed and arm holding his chin up as he read a text from his phone, he looked displeased.

"Oh, hi, Yuu. How was lunch?" He sounded displeased as well.

"It was good, my dads say hi." I said.

"Mm, I see." He continued to read and read.

"What are you up to?" I asked.

He sighed and looked up at me, "Shiho is being too emotional again. He's worrying about things that aren't going to happen and he wants me to entertain this idea. I think he wants me to come over or something." his green eyes were dull and lifeless, but Kimizuki seemed to find all the beauty in the world in them, Yoichi was lucky to find someone who loved him despite how emotionally detached he is.

"Maybe you should go." I said as I began to change out of what I was wearing into something that I could just sit around in. Black muscle shirt and joggers seemed to be a good option, obviously out of sight from Yoichi. And that's on body insecurity.

"Yep," he clicked his tongue, "I'd certainly love to see what the urgent need for me is. God, Yuu, I wish you could understand the pure joy I feel when I see him looking so desperate." I could practically hear the smirk.

"I don't think I want to understand that, you little psycho," I smiled with enough sarcastic cheer that Yoichi could hear it in the other room, "I'm still genuinely shocked anyone could be desperate for your degrading remarks." I walked over to our entry way and began to rummage around in our closet.

"Don't kink shame me." He stuck his tongue out at me.

I did the same and threw his coat at him, "Don't make him wait for too long."

He smiled, "Our relationship isn't just about that, I'd probably lose myself if I didn't have Shiho. If the day ever comes that he leaves me, I'll be an emotional mess. Unfortunately, as my roommate, you'll be stuck with that. I hope we have a lot of icecream."

"Don't think like that, buddy. Kimizuki loves you more than I knew was possible." I assured him.

Yoichi froze for a moment, he looked frustrated and confused, "I know there's someone out there that I saw once that just absolutely amazed me with how much they loved their partner. I had never seen someone love another being that much. I wanted to be able to live my partner that much," he tugged at his hair a little, "but I can't remember who it was. Anytime the thought starts to come in, my head just starts pounding, I wanted to be able to love someone as much as he loved them," Yoichi shook off the thought, "I need to go, he's waiting. I'll be back at some point probably tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye." I waved. What Yoichi had said about being surprised over how much someone loved their partner was ringing a bell in my head, but the full memory was also lost to me. There was something wrong with the memory, it seemed tainted.

What did they do? It was - ah fuck - it was-

The doorbell chimed and instantly pulled me out of my daze.

Is Youchi already back? Did he forget something?

But when I opened the door I was met with a different emotionally detached friend of mine.

"What are you doing here, Mika?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.3K 1.2K 36
Hard working Seul-gi got fired from her jobs, which opens up a new opportunity for her. She was hired as a waitress (again) in a very high-end club...
80.6K 4.6K 17
(MAY BE TRIGGERING FOR SOME PEOPLE) Ymir works at a run-down antiques shop, and the only thing to keep her from quitting is the adorable blonde girl...
503K 8.8K 22
It's smutty...🖤 Zack x female reader based on the anime/game but I've skipped a lot of it to focus on the Zack and reader interactions... (and smut...
54.5K 2.9K 54
[MIKAYUU FANFICTION] COMPLETED! *Fairly edited* (85, 679 Words) "What I feel is beyond love for you, Yuu-chan. You're mine. And you will be for ete...