The Only One (George Weasley...

By WeaselB3e

George Weasley and his twin Fred seem to have found themselves not where they expected, while running for the... More

Boy in the Alley
Getting to know you
The Flirt
Mischeif
Sunshine Daisies
Falling
Explanations
Shrugging it off
What the Hell
Halloween!
I Swear
An Idea
Concerts, Screams, I forget.
You want what?
Those Three Words
Don't Go
Go Home
They Won
We're Not Safe
So it begins
The Battle
The Hell?
The Other Side
Something important
All Over
Happy Happy Birthday
Disappointment
Adventure
Never trusting
Foolishness
Cats and Things
The Anouncement
Small weddings
Wedding Planning
Worrying
a Big Christmas
Before the Wedding
The Wedding
The Wedding (continued)
The Trip
Back Home
The Announcement
New Arrival(s)
Just Another Day
A little date
Epilouge

Something New

5.7K 121 54
By WeaselB3e

*Freya's POV*

                I ran to my room, shutting and locking the door in one motion before rifling through my music that the twins had set up so nicely for me. I found the disc and track I wanted, sat on the floor, closing my eyes and taking deep breaths as a song began to play. I reached for my violin, feeling the comforting feel of the wood against my cheek as I flicked my wand and repeated the song. This time adding a counter melody that went faster, much faster than Streisand's singing, but it worked, my talent to add a harmony or counter melody to almost any ballad was unmatched to many people back home. I was always told I was talented, I was top in my class, top in the orchestra, I guess it made sense why I was taking being rejected so hard. Really the true question on my mind was what will I do now? There was nothing here for me, aside from George....and Fred.

I didn't think about what George and Fred may be discussing, I didn't think about George possibly standing by the door, contemplating if he should come in here and comfort me or just let me blow off some steam. I felt rejected, I was rejected! My counter melody picked up the tempo as I tried to tune out my thoughts, I didn't want to think about it, I couldn't, I would break down and I'm tired of crying! I want my life to be happy again, why wasn't it happy? I blocked out everything but the music and the feeling of the strings under my fingertips.

                The D-string snapped suddenly and I cursed myself as the wire slid across my fingers, "great. Just great!" I hissed at my beloved instrument, I know I was a witch and it would make much more sense just to repair it with a simple spell but my strings didn't work like that. They needed to be replaced with a completely new one, it just didn't sound the same with a magically fixed string, I should know, a lot of people at school did it and it left my violin to stand out from the crowd. I groaned and huffed before tossing the instrument on my bed.

                "Oi!"

                "Somebody crowd me with love

                Somebody force me to care

                Somebody make me come through

                I'll always be there

                As frightened as you to help us survive

                Being alive....Being alive...." My stereo blasted out loud.

                "Oi!"
I jumped up, there was George, sitting behind me, looking slightly shocked at my behavior. "How'd you get in here?" I growled. George raised an eyebrow as he flicked his wand in his hand slightly in response. "I want to be alone."

                "Too bad," George got that stubborn scowl that he always got when he was determined. "Any time you wanted to be alone was used up when I thought I'd lost you during the battle."

                I scowled, normally something like that would've made me blush and make butterflies swarm my stomach, but now I was just upset, all I felt was anger.

                "Go away, George," I said in a defeated tone.

                "Fey, you can't go because you're too bloody brilliant for them! It's a compliment really!" George tried to explain for the twentieth time.

                There was a sound of a choked laugh that left my mouth, "then why does it feel like I've been rejected?"

                George's face contorted slightly as he sighed, he grasped my hands and pulled me towards him so that I was sitting in his lap. He began stroking my hair and humming along with the music, he kissed my cheek. "I bet it's because you've never really been told no, and especially not something that involved school."

                "Someone to need you too much

                Someone to know you too well

                Someone to pull you up short..."

                This song defined George, he was everything this song immortalized all too perfectly, I blushed slightly as it continued to playing, staring into George's dazzling blue eyes. "Freddie told me about how amazing the school was and everything you learned and how it felt just like home. The professors were fascinating and there were actual ghosts and so many secret passageways, quidditch tournament between the houses and...I wanted to be sorted into one of the houses...."I whispered as I wrapped my arms around George's neck. "I wanted to experience all of that, is that so bad?"

                George shook his head slightly and kissed my neck, gently, "it's never bad to want to experience any of that, love. But you're already home, here with me and Freddie, and quidditch isn't something hard to come by around here...you'll just have to live without ghosts and live with me instead. And being sorted is overrated, you put on a raggedy hat that judges you in front of the entire school." He continued to kiss my neck softly, butterflies were forming in my stomach as he moved my hair to the side and continued to send tingles down my spine. My anger ebbing away with every kiss. "Honestly I think with how smart you are, you'd be a Ravenclaw. I've heard their common room is gorgeous, but I'm biased-Gryffindor's was better."

                "I think I could live with that," I murmured as he began to kiss my jawline, making any negative emotion slowly vanish from my mind.

                "I know you truly wanted to attend Hogwarts but....now we won't have to miss each other," George whispered quietly as he continued to make my mind go fuzzy with every kiss. "I'm selfish, you know that right? And the idea of you so far from me....well, I already lost it during the battle...don't put me through that again..." he began to kiss me more.

                My breathing hitched and a moan left my mouth as George kissed my jawline deeper, "I wouldn't want to do that."

                "We wouldn't be able to do this if you were gone," George whispered in my ear, his voice was deep and velvety; it had that seductive edge that made me melt into his chest. I nodded slightly, "you'd miss the way I kiss your neck, and your cheeks, and your lips," George smirked against my neck. I nodded again, giving into his touch as he pulled me closer to his chest and moaned slightly as he kissed me. I met his gaze as I repositioned myself so that we were facing each other properly.

                "There are so many things that we couldn't do if you were gone," a hand caressed my cheek, sending a shiver down my spine as he continued kissing me. Damn his seductive ways.

                "I'm sorry," I whispered in a breathy voice. There was a part of my mind telling me to stop enjoying this because he was just being seductive and trying to distract me, but there was another part entirely that was telling me to give in to George's kiss. "You're...just kissing me to make me feel better," I hissed, my mind was a haze as his soft lips touched mine.

                "Is it working?" George muttered against my lips. I nodded slightly resulting in George's breath tickling my nose as he laughed, "I'm just illustrating what you'd be leaving behind, gorgeous."

                I shook my head and pulled away slightly, "you're not going to win that easily."

                George smirked, "then what do I do to see that gorgeous smile of yours again?"

                I snuggled my head into the crook of his neck, breathing in the scent of nutmeg as I closed my eyes and smiled contently. George chuckled as his arms got tighter around me, "I just wish that I could officially finish school...It may not make sense to you, but I feel...idiotic and foolish..." I moved so I could look into his eyes, gazing down at me fondly as I sighed, "I just want to be good enough for you...but I'm not...and now I never will be."

                George gave me a look, "you are bloody brilliant, love. I've never met another girl like you, and if anything, I'm not good enough for you." He took my hands and kissed the palms, "you're fantastic in every conceivable way, Freya. Don't ever think you aren't good enough for me, you're far beyond perfect." 

                "I apologize for all those weeks you were stuck in my apartment with only sappy romantic movies," I giggled. George snorted slightly, cupping my face in his hands.

                "I may be one hell of a sap....but I'm like this because you bring it out of me, Freya, you mean the world to me. Nothing you could ever say or do will change that fact. I wake up everyday thinking how I don't deserve you, don't ever think you aren't good enough. Especially concerning schooling, you're brilliant regardless if you finished or not."

                My face heated up as I pulled him in for a kiss, I loved him so very much, George was always unbelievable. He surprised me every day and always made me feel nervous when he kissed me, like our first kiss all over again. I still couldn't believe that he loves me or thinks that I'm so incredible, because I'm truly not, but he thinks I am. And if he thinks it then it can't be that far off, he was remarkable in every possible way, and he was all mine.

                 *Fred's POV*

                The shop was back in business, it was as if we had never closed and it felt nice to see the shelves bare at night that were meant to be filled for the next morning. Its been like this for about three months now, constantly busy, I couldn't ask for anything more.

                "How are we doing today?" George asked, leaning against the counter as children looked around the shop.

                "we've had fifty customers this morning," I shrugged. "How's Freya?"

                "She's better," George commented stiffly.

                "Does she want to go home?" I glanced over at him, George put his head in his hands and sighed.

                "Freya doesn't want to go home, but she's just...she doesn't have anything to do around here so she spends all day writing music. Which is really lovely, but I know she's bored and its eating away at her. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to help."

                I nodded, Freya had tried working in the shop with us but everyday something would come crashing down so it was just easier for her not to help out. Although she helped George make a few products, including a creation of her own. Freya didn't have much to do around here, the safest solution was mail orders and those weren't as popular as the front end. "Take her somewhere then, I can handle today, just go."

                "No, it's fine...besides Lee is coming over to discuss something," George sighed.

                "Alright, I'll take her over to the bank then." George shot me a look, "you can wait here for Lee while I go make a few deposits." George nodded once, his jaw clenched slightly as he turned to the register.

                I shook my head and smirked, he was still jealous. And it would never fade, possibly when he finally proposes to Freya, but until then George was always going to be jealous—especially of me. I grabbed the bag filled with galleons that needed to be put in our vault and grabbed Freya's arm as I passed the love potions she was placing her fire breathing cannolis beside.

                "hey! Where are we going?" Freya asked as I dragged her behind me.

                "We're going to the bank," I explained as we walked into the street of Diagon Alley towards the giant building of Gringott's bank.

                "Fred, what did that building use to be?" Freya paused in front of a boarded up building.

                "I don't remember actually," I glanced at it. There was no sign stating what it once was and the windows were boarded up. Freya nodded, walking beside me to the bank, "has George shown you the bank yet?"

                "No, it's just a bank isn't it?"

                I grinned, "this is going to interesting." Freya looked at me curiously before we hopped up the steps of the white building, opening the door to the bank. I heard Freya give a small gasp before she moved closer, suppose they didn't have goblin run banks in the states. "Just stay close."

                "What the hell?" Freya whispered.

                I laughed as we approached one of the goblins and told him that I needed to go to my vault, giving him a small key. "Now comes the fun part," I winked at Freya, her eyes widened in surprise as we climbed into a cart.

                "What's going to—" the cart shoved off, rushing down the tracks down three levels until we roughly stopped in front of vault.

                "Stay here," I ordered before following the goblin out of the cart and in front of my vault where I placed the galleons with the small stack of others. It wasn't much, but at least there was something saved here.

                Freya was looking around when we approached, "this place is...it's huge!" she whispered, sheer amazement etched on her face as we headed back to the lobby. "Why did you bring me?" she asked as we stepped outside of the building.

                "Thought you would enjoy getting out of that flat for a while," I shrugged slightly. "How're you? With everything going on, I heard you crying the other day."

                "I...I'm fine!" Freya gave a smile that didn't reach her eyes, she was beginning to look like she did when I first met her—pale, bags under the eyes, and a little sick. George was nervous about her health but there wasn't much he could do—it felt like she was distancing herself all of a sudden.

                "You can tell me. George is really worried about you."

                Freya huffed slightly, "you two have your joke shop, Hermione and them have the Ministry, Ginny and Luna have Hogwarts to go back to. But me..." she shook her head, she was close to crying as her voice began shaking. "What am I doing here, Fred? Every day I wake up, you two go to work and I'm all alone with Coal because I'm nothing but useless in that shop, aside from doing the mail orders. I love being with you two, but sooner or later I won't be able to take my sad little routine, I have nothing to do around here and it's beginning to bother me."

                "Then what do you want to do?" I pulled us off to the side where there sat a bench and sat beside her, as she quickly wiped her eyes.

                "I've been thinking that since I don't want to be apart from you two, maybe...maybe something I can do is open my own shop? Offer music tutoring and sell music," she mumbled miserably.

                I smiled slightly, " That's...it's hard, Fey....especially all alone, it's a great idea though."

                Freya glanced at me and nodded, "I knew you'd say that, which is why I haven't told you or even George. It's just another impossible dream."

                I began chewing the side of my cheek, thinking over a few things as we sat there in silence, "maybe..." I looked over at the boarded up shop we passed from earlier. "Maybe if George is on board, we can think of something. Maybe like a trial run, what do you say to that?"

                "Don't worry about it, I never thought it was going to work out anyway," Freya shrugged.

                "If George and I had that attitude when we began thinking about our shop, we would have never been able to create our home," I jumped to my feet and offered her my hand. "Trust me for once, alright?"

                Freya's eyes narrowed and she frowned as she stood up without the assistance of my hand, "last time you said that I thought you were dead." She walked off before I could apologize or say even a word.

"Oi Fey Fey!" She stopped walking slightly, putting her hands in her jean pockets and turning to face me. "We'll work something out, we hate seeing you like this so we're going to do everything possible to make you happy. If it's a store then we'll get it."

Freya shrugged, "don't even know if that's what I want..."

"I think you opening shop to offer musical lessons and the ability to buy all sorts of music is the perfect thing for you." I started walking so I was beside her, "what else can you really do that won't make it so you're apart from my worse half of a twin for days on end with a horrendous schedule?"

Freya snorted, "there really isn't much that wouldn't take me away from him from time to time."

"Exactly, and aside from playing your music in the streets for fun, I say a shop will still allow you to bring music to this community with the bonus that you'll safely be home every night for dinner."

Freya gave a small smile, nodding her head in agreement, "do you think we can get George on board?"

"That loon will do anything to see you happy, it won't even take longer than five minutes to convince him."

                ***

                "George?" Freya's voice shook as she glanced at George from across the dining table.

                "hm?" George muttered as he took a sip of firewhisky.

                "I've been thinking, there's this um...shop, that's for sale...and um...I was hoping that," she coughed slightly, "I was hoping that maybe if you thought it was a good idea, that I could open my own shop?"

                George glanced at me for something, I nodded before his attention turned back to Freya. "Is that what you really want?"

                "It could be a trial run?" Freya offered.

                "We do have the savings for another shop," I commented.

                George was quiet, leaning back in his chair as he ran a hand through his hair, "well....I don't see why we can't try, do you know what you want to sell and how you want to set it up?"

                Freya began stuttering as she nodded, "music."

                George smiled, "I think that's a lovely idea." He turned to me, looking concerned, "what do you think?"

                "I think she can do it."

                "Not alone."

                "Well of course not alone."

                "Does that mean we're going to do it?" Freya whispered.

                George snorted and nodded, "yes love."

                Freya grinned excitedly, this time it reached her eyes—the old Freya was there, trying to come back to us. I smiled as she picked up Coal and began rattling off a list of things she wanted to start.

                *Freya's POV*

                The building was an old and chipped dark green, I would have to fix it up, but otherwise, I was happy. Happier than I'd been the past month, my dream was so close, I could taste it! I jumped excitedly before walking through the front door, I was meeting the owner of the building today, to talk about pricing.

                "Freya, calm down," George chuckled, grabbing my hand as I glanced around the small space. I could picture exactly what I wanted and where I wanted it to go in my mind.

                "I'm sorry, it's just...this is incredible, thank you, thank you so much," I whispered, jumping up and kissing his cheek.

                "I told you, anything for you, sweetheart," George winked. Floor boards were torn up, shelving demolished, but all I could picture was the walls being a sky blue, with bright lights shining throughout the store. "When we got our shop, I could visualize everything...that's how I knew it's what I wanted," George whispered.

                "I can visualize almost everything," I smiled.

                "almost?"

                "Well, I don't know where the counter should go," I shrugged.

                Before George could answer, there was a bang somewhere in front of us, I jumped and moved closer to George as someone familiar appeared from a doorway. When he spotted us, he stopped walking, his grey eyes were studying us in an amused expression as he approached. George let out a sound like a growl as he pushed me behind him.

                "Well, well, well. I'm surprised to see you here."

                "Like wise."

                The grey eyes turned to me, "its lovely to see you again....Freya." I nodded once, George shielded me more as he took a defensive stance. "No need to be so tense, Weasley."

                "Yes there is. Malfoy."

                Draco Malfoy smirked, his eyes flashed as he folded his arms, "seeing as I am the owner of this building. I'd say you should be a little bit nicer if you care to rent this space."

~*~*'

Well...what'd you think?! ;) I'm so sorry for the wait, but I'm finally done finals! so it's writting all the time!!! get ready for all the uploads!! :3

Do you think I could get five comments and five votes?! tell me what you thinks going ot happen next! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

902 28 28
A young Hufflepuff in her fourth year, one who is already close with the infamous Weasely twins. Embarks on her own journey with a rather uneventful...
329K 6.5K 35
UNFINISHED STORY, ON HIATUS - MARKED AS COMPLETED 25/07/2023. 18+ 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮. 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙭𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩. 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘭𝘰...
334 3 20
Vega Malfoy the younger sister of Draco Malfoy. While her brother is in his final year, Vega is in 6th year. While her brother is a death eater, sh...
92.6K 2.7K 68
fred weasley x potter!oc (female) ~ Emilia Potter was never going to have a normal life. With Harry Potter as a brother, the Weasleys as her found f...