Unmatched Hatred

By hogwarts_student88

It was Draco Malfoy. It was the boy whose face always crossed my mind even at the most inconvenient times. Dr... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
The End

Chapter 1

1.9K 17 25
By hogwarts_student88

There I was, standing in front of the entrance to get to Platform 9 and 3/4 and mostly out of breath from running there. I was not running late or anything; I just managed to get here as fast as I could.

It happened to be a rather busy day at Kings Cross Station in London. Muggles were scattered everywhere, sprinting to get to their train. The place was also quite noisy as well. Conversations and the smell of coffee floated around in the air. But there I was, standing in front of what happens to be the door to Platform 9 and 3/4, the brick barrier in between Platforms 9 and 10. I felt unusually weird staring at a brick section between Platforms 9 and 10. I quietly stood, dragging a large brown suitcase and holding a brown briefcase. My luggage were dreadfully leaden, for I had packed almost my entire bedroom. Well, only a few minutes pass, and I am still awkwardly standing. I've done this many times, but for some reason I was procrastinating more than ever. I walked up a little ways to the entrance. I took a few more steps until I was sure I was close enough. I was looking straight forward and no where else but forward. I reached out my foot to touch the sturdy bricks. My foot had vanished into the bricks and was no where in sight. I put my foot back down on the floor slowly and grabbed a better grip of my luggage. Without counting to three, I quickly hurried through. I had disappeared into the bricks and was no longer at Kings Cross but at Platform 9 and 3\4. I felt notably cold and tingling when I had run through, which was a remarkably odd feeling. And there it was, the bright red Hogwarts Express. It was more beautiful and shinier than I had remembered. It appeared to have changed over the summer. Maybe a new paint job perhaps? There also seemed to be more people attending Hogwarts this year than last year. Children were running around while others were already on the train. Many parents waved goodbye to their dear children. It must be hard for parents to have to leave their kids for several months. It might be for my parents. I wouldn't know.

I slammed all my luggage down for the other people to pack it all up in my dorm. I felt completely relieved when I no longer had to carry such heavy weight. I walked away from my luggage to find the entrance to the train. I had spotted it and began walking that way. As I was approaching the entrance, I thought I sensed someone getting closer to me. Suddenly, I feel a hand gently touch my shoulder. It was no other than Draco Malfoy, my best friend! I turned around to meet his gaze, his hand falling from my shoulder.

" Why hello Draco," I said.

" Hello Holly," replied Draco, "Come on lets get on the train. We can talk more there."

He stepped in front of me and I began to follow him onto the train. It was pretty hard to keep up with Draco considering he walks extremely fast. Wow! What happened to Draco over the summer? He is so tall and finally learned what a decent hair style looks like!

Finally, Draco stopped at a table where Blaise and Pansy were sitting waiting for us. Draco sits down, and I take a seat next to him. As I was placing my bag under the table, I hear Pansy say...

" Why hello Holly!"

" Hi Pansy! How are you?" I replied.

She was much pleased to see me.

" I'm well," replied Pansy," I have missed you so much!"

Pansy and I were both shrieking and talking so loudly that the entire train cart could hear, but I didn't seem to care. I was so excited to see my best friend again. I could have sworn I heard Blaise say " girls am I right?", but when I asked what he had said, he said " nothing". The four of us went on about our lovely summers... especially Draco. We get it Draco... your family is rich.

Twenty minutes fly by, and the trolley comes by our table.

"Anything off the trolley dears?" the sweet old lady asked.

I politely say no thank you and so did the other three. The old lady then trails off to the next table. Draco, Pansy, and Blaise all then begin telling each other about their summers. My summer? Oh, well, it was quite the experience. Let's just say that.

Draco blabbered all about his trip to three different countries, bragging how he was barely at home. Pansy complained how she only got to do so little meanwhile Blaise just said all he did was stay home and sleep. Then, for the next couple hours, we laughed and just did what friends do.

Later on, both Blaise and Pansy had fallen asleep, with Blaise leaning against the window pane on a pillow and Pansy fast asleep against Blaise. I thought it was cute, but I knew Draco would taunt Blaise about it later.

"So, you really did go to all those places?" I whispered to Draco.

"Yes, it was an amazing vacation," he said carefully.

I nodded my head, then a strange and thoughtful expression appeared on his face.

"And you?" he asked in a manner which I made out to be concern.

"It's nothing to worry about," I quickly assured him.

I did my best to give a convincing smile, and, as if on time, the train finally came to a stop.

We had arrived!

"Blaise! Pansy! Wake up! We are here!"

They both sleepily rubbed their eyes and asked how long they had been asleep. I didn't answer but eagerly hopped out of my seat and snatched my bag up off the carpet. The train felt like it was shaking with all the students running around trying to get off. I quickly followed Draco to the exit. This time it was easy to keep up with him since I was in a bit of a rush. My legs felt like literal jello but I was glad to be up and moving again. Once I got off the loud train, I glanced around at all my surroundings while following close behind Blaise, Draco, and Pansy. However, as I was glancing around, I found Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley. The three of them all standing in a corner chattering with one another. I had to go say hi to them, but I did not find it smart to let Draco know who I was going to see. I aggressively tapped Draco on the shoulder out of excitement. He turned around to see what I had wanted so badly.

" Draco! I am going to go say hi to my other friends!"

I pointed in another direction away from Harry and his friends so Draco wouldn't suspect me.

"Okay, just meet us in the Great Hall," he says then runs off to catch up with Blaise and Pansy, who hadn't realized me and Draco had stopped.

I walked... no actually I sprinted over to where Harry and his friends were standing. Harry was the first one to see me running over to them. I watched as a huge smile appeared across his face. Ron and Hermione turned to look at what Harry was smiling so greatly about until they saw me. Now you are probably thinking... why is a Slytherin friends with three Gryffindors? Aren't Gryffindors and Slytherins supposed to hate each other? Well, in 2nd year, which would be last year, we all somehow grew close to each other, and I can't exactly remember how it happened. I grew especially close with Harry for some apparent reason.

Harry held out his arms for a hug and I fell into his arms. We had our arms wrapped around each other for quite a long time until I let go to hug Hermione. Hermione looked quite beautiful and absolutely stunning. When I went to hug Ron, however, it was very awkward. Ron and I never really... warmed up to each other. We only hugged for a limited amount of time then we let go. I was still excited to see the three of them once again. I was talking so fast I could barley speak English.

"I had a lovely summer myself," I laughed at myself, a hint of sarcasm in my tone.

"I sure did not," said Harry," I still hate spending the summer with Dudley, but it's quite nice to get away from him for ten months."

Poor Harry had nothing exciting to tell us about his summer. He stayed home while Dudley went places and did fun things. Harry has told me all about his cruel uncle and aunt, who used to keep him under the stairs. He has already told me all about his cousin, Dudley. Well, the four of us strolled down the train station. Harry grew a few inches over the past summer and had wonderful strands of perfect brown hair. Ron appeared to have also grown. Ron had the same ginger colored hair as the rest of his family. Hermione also grew, like most girls do. She had the same beautiful dirty blonde curls in her hair and gleaming brown eyes.

I was glad I was now friends with them... if only I didn't have to hide it from Draco. Maybe, just maybe, if I told him... he would completely understand and let me hang out with them. Yes, Draco and Harry are rivalries but as long as Draco doesn't have to be near Harry... it would all be ok! I let the thought of Draco slip from my mind and continued talking to my new best friends... the Golden Trio.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

566 15 25
Draco Malfoy was in the woods running for his life when he was bitten by a strange hooded figure but what happens now he is having new cravings. Afte...
279K 6.8K 28
Pretending to be in a relationship with Draco Malfoy to get back at your ex might have not been the smartest idea you ever had. Especially now where...
427 16 6
draco malfoy x oc! emotions have been under wraps and patched up like leaks for as long as he can remember. emotions were not even there, but lost i...
5.2K 297 16
Drarry Discontinued Harry learns a new spell which leads to the discovery of Draco's soft side. "I was pinned to the ground by my arch nemesis, Malf...