Chapter 6

(January)

The castle halls are pitch black and spooky at night. The only sound that could be heard was the faint noise of my small footsteps. I would walk, then I would speed up a bit. Then I would slow back down to make sure I did not see anyone. Besides me, there was nobody else. Nobody else but me. The place was dark, gloomy, and unusually empty. Hogwarts is never this empty during the day... only at night. It's also lit up during school hours. The only bit of light I had was the small light on the tip of my wand. I cupped my hand over my wand so I wouldn't give off too much light. I didn't want to attract any sort of attention to myself during these hours. I tiptoed all the way through the extensive corridors, breathing ever so lightly and taking small steps so I wouldn't alarm any of the staff members, or specifically, Filch. I definitely was not going to take the risk of being caught by Argus Filch, yet again, technically I was taking a major risk by sneaking out of my common room during closed hours.

It doesn't matter if it is light or dark at Hogwarts. By now, I know all the shortcuts and corners of Hogwarts by heart. Besides, I'm used to taking a midnight stroll when I'm not supposed to. My only intention of sneaking this night was to get to the Astronomy Tower to meet Harry. I still wonder to myself why he wants me up here. Especially with Sirius Black still on the loose, this is super risky. I kind of started to worry at the thought of Sirius Black kidnapping me while taking a midnight stroll at Hogwarts. Let's pray I don't get kidnapped because I don't think I feel like dying tonight.

I still paid careful and close attention to my surroundings and to where I was located. Everything was going according to plan until I suddenly heard footsteps not too far behind me. I froze and my heart almost stopped beating. I couldn't get caught... not tonight! And I definitely didn't want to be kidnapped tonight. I immediately put out the light on my wand and tried my hardest to pace across the school's corridors without making a noise.

"Holly!"

I hear a quiet whisper call out to me. Whoever it was, they knew I was there. I knew I had messed up big time. Why did I have to get caught on a night like this? Now I may never know what this "Harry meeting up with me at midnight" is about. How was I going to tell Harry I never showed up because I got sent to detention?

"Holly?"

The voice calls out to me again but in question. For some reason, the voice didn't sound like Filch's but I don't exactly know what Sirius's voice sounds like. But how would Sirius know my name? Then I heard the words "lumos" and it was revealed to me who the voice was. It wasn't Filch nor Sirius but Harry... just Harry.

"Harry!" I whispered," You startled me!"

"Get under my invisibility cloak," instructed Harry.

Harry was smart enough to remember his invisibility cloak when sneaking around the castle at night. I quickly hid under the cloak with Harry and we tiptoed all the way up to the Astronomy Tower. If only I had one of them magical cloaks. Just think of all the things I could do with it. I could sneak up behind people without them knowing and scare the mess out of them!

When Harry and I reached the top of the Astronomy Tower, I threw off the cloak and skipped over to the railing. I dozed off into the midnight sky as I felt the cool air tickle my skin. Sometimes I enjoy coming up here and thinking about nothing. Having nothing particular on your mind but just admiring the scenery is something that makes me feel at peace with myself although it does sound quite strange. I notice Harry as he walks up beside me and looks off into the distance.

"It's marvelous, isn't it," I said.

"It truly is."

The view was astonishing and the air felt cool yet perfect against my skin. The stars glistened in the peaceful, night sky and there was darkness all around the two of us, yet there was something significant about it.