Chapter 42

I eagerly set up my camera to be able to take my first photograph. I told Kasper to stand beside me and to look at the camera lens after I had loaded the film into the camera. I then lifted it into the air and pressed the button on the count of three. The camera then made a clicking sound and produced a flash of light out of it. I thought I might have blinked due to the bright flash, but when the photograph slid out of the camera, it turned out perfectly. In the photo, Kasper's arms were wrapped around my neck, and his cheek was rested against mine. Both of us were smiling, and the Christmas tree was standing boldly in the background. We signed our names on the back of the photo, and I placed it in my photo album for the sake of cherishing the memory of this memorable Christmas.

——————————————————————
Christmas break was sadly over, and on the train ride back to Hogwarts, Kasper, Hermione, Ron, Potter, Blaise, Ginny, and I remained in a train compartment which we had all to ourselves. I will admit that it was rather odd being in the same area and conversation as my ex-boyfriend, but I did my best not to draw attention to the matter. I only meant to be respectful, though I still did hold a little grudge against him deep down. I could do nothing about the fact that his friends were my friends, hence why I had to ignore it all together.

We were all discussing what we received for Christmas, and I actually had many things to mention upon this topic this year! As this was taking place, I noticed that Potter and Ginny were in their own conversation for a little while before joining the group conversation. Of course, this did not bother me, but it was something I felt I needed to take note of.

Suddenly, as Ron was sharing what Christmas was like at the Burrow (his house), someone came aggressively sprinting through the corridor, disrupting Ron in the middle of his speech and causing everyone's heads to turn. The person passed our compartment, and the sound of their running drowned out into the distance.

"Who was that?" asked Blaise I'm bewilderment.

"Was that Parkinson?" I questioned, making sure I was not mistaking someone else for her.

"It sounded like they were crying too," mentioned Hermione.

"Whoever it was, they sure were in a hurry," commented Ron.

Every one of us was greatly confused, but it was also quite amusing to think about.

"Anyways," said Kasper, switching the subject, "Holly, why don't you show everyone what I got you for Christmas."

Proudly, I revealed to everyone out of my bag my pink, Polaroid camera. They all beamed at the sight of it, especially Ginny who asked to hold it.

"How many pictures have you taken?" questioned Hermione in awe of my favorite Christmas gift.

"Several," I answered as I flipped through the pages of my photo album.

I presented the photo which me and Kasper took together, the one me and Narcissa took together, and the many more of the interior of Malfoy Manor.

"Let's all take one together," I suggested.

As if at my command, everyone willingly assembled together and put on their brightest smiles, all except for Potter and Ron.

"Oh, come on boys. Just do it for Holly." Hermione instructed to the two boys.

Ron and Potter joined the group, but still stood off to the side, not desiring to be in a photo.

"One, two, three!" announced Kasper, who volunteered to hold the camera.

Everyone was captured in the photo, except only half of Potter's face was visible. This was splendid, because I could easily cut him out with a pair of sharp scissors.