PROMPTS

By musingsbymaia

A collection of short stories or one-shots on RiRi/Dooly/BinJin. FICTION. Photos are not mine. More

Guardians
Guardians - 3
Guardians - End
Elf
Stranger in my Bed - 1
Stranger in my Bed - 2
Stranger in my Bed - 3
Stranger in my Bed - 4
Stranger in my Bed - 5
Stranger in my Bed - 6
Stranger in my Bed - 7
Stranger in my Bed - 8
Stranger in my Bed - 9
Stranger in my Bed - 10
Stranger in my Bed - End
...
Coffee Lover - 1
Coffee Lover - 2
Coffee Lover - 3
Coffee Lover - 4
Coffee Lover - 5
Coffee Lover - 6
Coffee Lover - 7
Coffee Lover - 8
Coffee Lover - 9
Coffee Lover - End
Bad Omens - 1
Bad Omens - 2
Bad Omens - 3
Bad Omens - 4
Bad Omens - 5
Bad Omens - 6
Bad Omens - 7
Bad Omens - 8
Bad Omens - 9
Bad Omens - 10
Bad Omens - End
Of Mergers and Marriages - 1
Of Mergers and Marriages - 2
Of Mergers and Marriages - 3
Of Mergers and Marriages - 4
Of Mergers and Marriages - 5
Of Mergers and Marriages - 6
Of Mergers and Marriages - 7
Of Mergers and Marriages - 8
Of Mergers and Marriages - 9
Of Mergers and Marriages - 10
Of Mergers and Marriages - 11
Of Mergers and Marriages - 12
Of Mergers and Marriages - 13
Of Mergers and Marriages - 14
Of Mergers and Marriages - 15
Of Mergers and Marriages - 16
Of Mergers and Marriages - 17
Of Mergers and Marriages - 18
Of Mergers and Marriages - 19
Of Mergers and Marriages - End
Of Mergers and Marriages - Epilogue
Dae-sik x Cha Mi-jo
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (2)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (3)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (4)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (5)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (End)
Eternal (One-shot)
Economics and Mr. Ri (1)
Economics and Mr. Ri (2)
Economics and Mr. Ri (3)
Economics and Mr. Ri (4)
Economics and Mr. Ri (5)
Economics and Mr. Ri (6)
Economics and Mr. Ri (7)
Economics and Mr. Ri (8)
Economics and Mr. Ri (9)
Economics and Mr. Ri (10)
Economics and Mr. Ri (11)
Economics and Mr. Ri (12)
Economics and Mr. Ri (13)
Economics and Mr. Ri (14)
Economics and Mr. Ri (14.5)
Economics and Mr. Ri (The End)
The Pianist
In Pursuit of Happiness
In Pursuit of Happiness - 2
In Pursuit of Happiness - 3
In Pursuit of Happiness - 4
In Pursuit of Happiness - 5
In Pursuit of Happiness - 6
In Pursuit of Happiness - 7
In Pursuit of Happiness - 8
In Pursuit of Happiness - 9
In Pursuit of Happiness - 10
In Pursuit of Happiness - 11
In Pursuit of Happiness - 12
In Pursuit of Happiness - 13
In Pursuit of Happiness - 14
In Pursuit of Happiness - 15
In Pursuit of Happiness - 16
In Pursuit of Happiness - 17
In Pursuit of Happiness - 18
In Pursuit of Happiness - 19
In Pursuit of Happiness - 20
In Pursuit of Happiness - 21
In Pursuit of Happiness - 22
In Pursuit of Happiness - 23
THE End - Happiness
Special Chapter - The Honeymoon
Epilogue - Through Hoon's Eyes
Hands
Appa
In good times and in bad
Mission: Impossible
Runaway
I would runaway with you
I Was Born to Love You

Guardians - 2

2K 169 47
By musingsbymaia

Jeong Hyeok shook off the strange feeling that came over him when he and Yoon Se-ri shook hands. Walking back to the private room, he opened the door and observed So-hye, Gwang-Beom and Se-ri chatting.

If he hadn't known better, he would not have believed that Se-ri's crescent shaped, smiling eyes would be capable of shooting pointed looks at him just a few minutes earlier.

"There you are, Oppa. We were just talking about how I scared you with one of my dolls when I was younger," So-hye said.

Jeong Hyeok moved in and sat beside his sister. "I was not scared."

"Yes, you were," So-hye refuted. To her audience she said, "He was. He had nightmares for days."

The sibling shared a look and in that moment, Se-ri knew that at the very least this man did care deeply for his sister.

Jeong Hyeok spoke. "Let me defend myself here. I would just like to inform our guests that you drew black circles under around the eyes of your doll and it looked like the one from the horror movie where the doll was possessed. And then, you crept into my room, made it hover over my face while I was sleeping and then you woke me up."

So-hye laughed. "And that's when he screamed."

Se-ri and Gwang-Beom laughed along with her. The image of this large, strong military man screaming because of the antics of a little girl cracked them up. Jeong Hyeok shyly smiled and touched the back of his ear recalling his sister's prank.

Oh, he has dimples, Se-ri noted. When Jeong Hyeok turned and caught her staring, Se-ri quickly looked away. They were soon done with the meal, which was thankfully a light affair after Se-ri and Jeong Hyeok's talk.

Gwang-Beom turned to Jeong Hyeok to ask, "May I have a quick stroll near the river with So-Hye?"

Jeong Hyeok turned to give his sister a questioning look. So-Hye nodded. "Alright. Let's meet back here in about 30 minutes?"

"One hour," Se-ri negotiated.

Jeong Hyeok cross his arms at her. "35 minutes."

"What a terrible compromise. Go 45," Se-ri challenged, copying his  stance.

"Fine. 45 minutes. Not a minute later," Jeong Hyeok said.

Se-ri smiled at him and turned to Gwang-Beom and So-Hye. "Have fun. Don't worry about being late. Just text us if you're running a little bit behind, okay?"

"HEY!" Jeong Hyeok protested.

"Go. I'll take care of him," Se-ri told the Gwang-Beom and So-Hye who quickly scrambled out.

"We agreed on 45 minutes," Jeong Hyeok reminded her.

Se-ri nodded. "Yes, but I don't want them to be worrying about that and getting into an accident just because they're rushing back. I'd rather have them safe."

"Fine," Jeong Hyeok agreed, seeing the rationale in her instruction. He did want his sister back safe. "I'll see you later."

"What? You're leaving? Where are you going to wait?" Se-ri asked.

"In the car," he answered.

"For forty five minutes?"

"Yes."

Se-ri sighed. "Just go with me. Chaperone me for a bit." Jeong Hyeok looked at her incredulously but she didn't allow him time to decline. She pulled him outside and led them to the stretch of makeup stores.

"I don't want to buy makeup," he said, still being dragged by this woman. She surprisingly packed a lot of strength in that small body of hers.

Se-ri looked at him, assessed his face and nodded. "I know. You are naturally handsome. You don't need any. I do. And since you're free, just go with me. Give me feedback."

Jeong Hyeok felt his cheeks heat up with the compliment. It was not the first time he had heard good comments on his looks but somehow, he was thrilled with hearing one from this pretty stranger. "You don't need makeup."

"I do. I do," she said, solemnly. "Now, here we are. This is the foundation counter. It's the base to make a face look like a blank canvas." Se-ri proceeded to teach him how to check for the proper shade.

"Is this necessary? What is the person's face is already flawless?" he asked, looking at the wide selection in front of him.

"Very few people have skin like yours, unfortunately. Sometimes there are uneven skintones, so this would help. If that's the case, you can opt to use less," Se-ri said.

"What's your shade?" he asked.

She held up her selection and showed him. "This!" After showing him, he asked how one picks out a shade and she showed him how. "Are you looking for one for... a girlfriend?" she asked, cautiously.

"No. I don't have  one," he replied. Feeling the need to clarify, he added, "A girlfriend. I mean, I don't have a girlfriend."

Se-ri smiled. "I'm getting this. Omo! You don't have a basket? Go get one please."

Jeong Hyeok rolled his eyes but followed as she asked. When she placed the box in, he quickly picked it up and read through the contents. "There's so many things inside this one. Are you sure this is safe?"

She frowned and leaned closer to read the box for herself. "Oh, you're right. Hmmm. Let's look for other brands."

He followed her begrudgingly, immediately regretting he said anything. However, the lure of the lavender scent from her hair made it impossible for him not to trail after her.

Se-ri kept on placing items in the basket -- foundation, concealer, blush on, lipstick. He was getting a headache. Has it only been thirty minutes? He thought.

"One last lipstick, I promise," Se-ri said. "I'll buy you coffee after."

"You better. Goodness! Why does a pretty woman still need this much? Why wear lipstick anyway?" he asked.

Se-ri smacked her lips together after putting on a pink shade that, Jeong Hyeok had to admit, looked great on her. "It completes the look. Ooooh! This one stings a bit."

"Is that good?"

"Yes. This has those lip plumping ingredients," she noted, looking at the box. Jeong Hyeok asked why someone needs those, she answered, "Some people who have thin lips would like a little help and some lipsticks are good that they make you look like you've just been kissed."

Jeong Hyeok stared at her lips. "Is that how you look after you've been kissed?"

Both of them were surprised at his question.

"Sorry, I didn't mean... I just..." he stammered.

Se-ri blushed. "It's okay. Anyway, I'm done. Let's go and pay so we can grab coffee."

*

Jeong Hyeok was glad to finally be off his feet. In his line of work, it was normal to be standing for hours on end but somehow shopping for makeup for half an hour sapped his energy. It was a lot of information to absorb. Did most women really consume that much makeup? Different shades of brown just to look blank? And then after making your face look blank, you had to put in different colours in the eyes  and cheeks and lips to look a prettier normal? Even the eyebrows they erased then put back! Goodness.

He massaged his head.

Se-ri saw Jeong Hyeok placing his fingers on his temple. Poor guy. I guess all the lecture was too much. Heading to their table, she placed their americans and a chocolate chip cookie for him. "Here. A prize for helping me out at the store."

Jeong Hyeok smiled like a little boy who was handed candy. "Thank you. This is my favorite."

"By the way, I've been meaning to tell you."

He was about to take a bite but stopped to wait for what Se-ri was going to say.

"Thank you for your service."

Jeong Hyeok smiled and nodded in acknowledgement. It was special when people thanked him personally so that meant a lot. "All my years in marine training and I get a headache about makeup. I'm sorry I'm not sure I will retain much of what you taught."

She threw her head back and laughed. "You're funny."

They shared a smile. Noticing a crumb by the side of his lip, she reached out to swipe it just as he stuck his tongue out to remove it.

They both gasped when her index finger made contact with his tongue.

Se-ri's cheeks flushed and Jeong Hyeok's ears turned the reddest of shades.

"So -" they both started. "Go ahead."

"No you.

"No it's"

They both chuckled as they kept saying the same things at the same time. Just as Se-ri was about to speak again, her phone rang.

It was Gwang-Beom. "Noona, we are headed back."

"NO!" Jeong Hyeok suddenly said. He was also on the phone, with So-Hye. "I, uhm, I'm having a snack. Go around one more block. The night sky is beautiful. Best to see it now."

Se-ri bit her lip. "Gwang-Beom, linger a little. Cherish this time with So-Hye. Get her a souvenir or something."

Gwang-Beom did not want to incur the wrath of Jeong Hyeok though and they headed to the coffee shop where they were. In five minutes, they were with Se-ri and Jeong Hyeok.

"Did you rush Park Gwang-Beom-ssi here? So-Hye, it really is rude to make someone rush. It's not safe," he reprimanded. "What is something bad happened to him? It would be embarrassing to Yoon Se-ri."

"Huh? What are you talking about, Oppa?" So-Hye asked, confused at his logic.

"Aish. Be careful next time," he continued.

"What are you talking about?" So-Hye hissed. Se-ri hid her face by drinking her coffee, trying to hide the laughter threatening to escape. Not understanding why her brother was being weird, So-Hye bid Gwang-Beom and Se-ri farewell. "We should go. I had a nice time, Gwang-Beom. It was nice to meet you Ms. Yoon."

"Call me Se-ri," she said just as Jeong Hyeok blurted, "Why are you pushing them away?"

So-Hye hissed at her brother and insisted that they go. Before they parted, Se-ri asked, "May I have quick word with you, Mr. Lee?"

So-Hye and Gwang-Beom gave them a strange and worried look. When Se-ri and Jeong Hyeok were a safe distance a way, she took his coffee cup and scribbled something. Giving him a sly side smile, she handed it back and said, "Here. So that you'd stop giving So-Hye a hard time."

When she walked away, he looked down. It was her phone number.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
85.7K 1.3K 25
You were a 21 year old who witnessed a crime committed by a mafia, not to long after you were kidnapped . You are now in the hands of a mafia leader...
668K 40.9K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
7.5M 116K 34
"Beatrice, you sit in row 3, seat one, and Harry you will be row 3, seat two." Little did I know that those words would change my life forever. [DO...