faultless | suna r.

By luvb1rd

[suna x fem!reader] Sometimes, we put on a mask to protect others, and ourselves. Falling in love means to ta... More

a/n
prologue
01 new kid meets sleeping boy
02 inarizaki's volleyball idiots
03 the dynamic duo
04 we meet at the convenience store
05 and again at the library
06 the average boy
07 messages
08 a friendly family
09 walking home
10 the average boy's good day
12 good friends
13 smile:)
14 early footsteps
15 attracted or not?
16 café of love

11 deja vu

666 35 4
By luvb1rd

(Y/N) takes in a deep breath. The cold air seeps into her lungs, leaving the insides of her mouth coarse and dry. She continues walking down the street, hoping the fresh air would ease her headache. Just a few minutes ago, the girl had been preparing for bed when an abrupt throbbing in her head prevented her from doing so. She had attempted to sleep away the pain, but it was the very thing that kept her awake. With no idea what its cause was, (Y/N) had decided the best thing for her would be to go outside for some air. Now, she simply regretted stepping out without proper clothing. The air was extremely chilly and in a rush to leave as soon as possible, she'd neglected any long-sleeves. Nevertheless, it was too late to turn back now. (Y/N) was already well on her way to the 24-hour convenience store for some ibuprofen.

"You guys don't have any left?"

"Sorry miss, we don't."

"I see...thank you anyways!"

"Of course! Have a good night!"

(Y/N) exits the small building, exposed once again to the cold breeze. Whatever, the headache'll be gone soon anyways. But why is it so damn cold? She unlocks her phone in an attempt to distract herself, smiling slightly as she clicks on the Messages app.

bitch💞

HEYYY BITCH😆😆😆

HEY TO U TOO🙄

YOURE IN CLASS RN RIGHT

YEAH🥲🥲🥲🥲

HAHSGHAHA L

ILL EASE UR BOREDOM;)

STFU

WHY R U TEXTING ME

SHOULDN'T U BE ASLEEP

IM TAKING A WALK

IS IT NOT LIKE 1 AM THERE....?

HAHAHA ONLY 12:29 DW

BUT UM IT'S ACTUALLY REALLY COLD RN
AND IM NOT DRESSED FOR THE WEATHER

I SHOULDVE WORN A HOODIE OR
SMTH BUT IT'S TOO LATE NOW SO IM
TEXTING U TO DISTRACT MYSELF😋

(Y/N) UR GOING TO GET SICK

AND 12 AM ISNT ANY BETTER THAN 1-

NO IM NOT AND YES IT IS😽😽😽😽

😀😄😀

ur a fucking child

🖕👶🖕

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU
TAKING A WALK AT MIDNIGHT

BC I CAN :D

(Y/N) (L/N) ur a terrible liar AND
have a weak ass body so get
inside this instant because i will not
be present when u fucking die

U KNOW I WAS LOWK SCARED AT FIRST
BUT THEN I THOUGHT YOLO😍😍😍😍😍

AND IM GONNA BE HOME SOON🤟

yeah listen to me bc i'm always right🤗

yes ma'am😘

no

oh💔

okay💔

um💔

HSHSHAHA

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY TF
U DECIDED TO GO OUT AT
12 AM BUT (Y/N) U NEED TO LIVE

AND BY THAT I MEAN START
TAKING CARE OF URSELF

LIKE FOR ONE BRING A JACKET
WHEN U DECIDE TO TAKE
RANDOM ASS WALKS IN THE COLD

IT WAS AN IN THE MOMENT
DECISION TO GO OUTSIDE OK

WAIT WAIT

HOL TF UP

does mae care about me 🥺👉👈

no

i just don't want u to die

and..?

I CARE ABT U YEAH
YEAH WHATEVER

MY HEART ATM: 💓💗💓💗

OH IM ALMOST AT MY
NEIGHBORHOOD NOW

IM GONNA GO SO SHOULD U

HOWD U NOT GET CAUGHT ON
UR PHONE ANYWAYS HAHAHA

BC IM SMART DUH

AND DONT COME CRYING BACK TO
ME WHEN UR SICK OUT OF UR MIND

I WONT

BYE LOVE YOU SO MUCH🥵🥵

LOVE YOU TOO

(Y/N) giggles to herself, she loved any and all conversations with her best friend, slightly aggressive as they might be. The girl speed-walks to her house, sighing as she makes it through the front door. My head feels much better now, I guess the fresh air really did help. Or maybe it was Mae. She smiles fondly at the thought.

Like a really bad jinx, the back of her head starts throbbing immediately. Seriously.? She clutches her scalp and closes her eyes, taking a deep breath. When the girl inhales, she feels the slight scratchiness of her throat. It's from the wind outside. Slowly, she drags herself to her room, promptly collapsing on the bed. This time, the pain does not stop her from passing out entirely.

(Y/N) looks at the phone in her hand, countless of 'alerts' shown on screen.

Just how many are there?

The electronic display is bright, glowing with a rainbow of colors, and the item itself weighs heavily in her hands.

"(N/N)? What are you looking at?"

Mom?

"Are you crying?"

I'm crying? She feels her face.

I'm crying.

"Mom..."

Her mother peeks over her shoulder at the screen. A look of confusion crosses her face as she takes the device from her daughter's hands and starts to scroll.

"(N/N)... (Y/N), what is this?"

No- The girl's eyes widen and she stumbles backwards, "Mom! I- I'm sorry! I didn't mean to keep it from you this long! I thought-" She watches in horror as her mother's figure suddenly crumples to the ground, the phone almost completely shattering as well. I hurt her.

A deafening silence stretches over time as (Y/N)'s mom looks again at the phone's cracked exterior.

"This can't be..." She glances up, "You knew?"

"..."

"How long?"

"Five years. I think..." Probably a lot more.

"You've known for that much time and didn't tell me..?"

"Mom— I promise I wanted to! But you- you always said..." Suddenly, the room spins. Everything feels so wrong yet so familiar.

And she's terrified.

"Shut up! This is your fault. This is all your fault." Her mom's voice brings her back, but wait.

This isn't Mom, something deep inside (Y/N) warns, but she's too caught up in the moment to listen.

"I know! And- and I'm sorry!"

"It's your fault."

"I am so, so, so sorry! Please-"

"It's your fault!"

"Mom!"

That isn't her! her subconscious chants, but the mother in question is louder.

"It's your fault, (Y/N) (L/N)!"

The woman lunges at her daughter, tears streaming down both their faces.

A scream wrenches it's way out of the girl's throat as she feels her own small world darkening.

I caused this. It really is all my fault.

(Y/N) wakes up, panting. It was a dream, all a dream. It never happened. Not in that way. Her head is pounding, sweat drips down her forehead. In an attempt to relax she closes her eyes, but that only allows her mind to speak more freely.

It's all your fault.

Groaning, she slides out of bed, turning on her phone to check the time.  Shit, I'm gonna be late. With a sudden burst of energy, (Y/N) rushes to change into uniform. She barely has time to wash her face, brush her teeth, and drink a cup of water before running out the door.

(Y/N) enters the classroom, hurriedly sitting down. A minute left 'til class, just on time. She sighs, resting her head in her arms while trying to catch some breath. Her still-tired mind wanders back to earlier morning.

It's all your fault.

Of course I had to have some stupid, stupid dream today, the girl inhales deeply, and right when things were starting to feel so normal... She bumps her forehead against her arm as she exhales, Why can't I just live my fucking life? God, my head is hurting.

A finger pokes her arm, shaking her from her thoughts. (Y/N) looks up; her eyes meeting those of her seat-mate's.

"Teacher's here," he whispers, his eyes jumping towards the classroom entrance, "But if you wanna sleep, go ahead. We sit in the back anyways."

"Haha, thank you Suna," she sends him a small smile.

Suna squints his eyes. "Hey Smiley, you good?"

"Yeah, of course~" the girl responds, turning to face the front of the classroom.

No, you're bothered with something. Curious and already bored in class, Suna rests the side of his face on one arm and pokes her again, "You didn't seem okay a minute ago. You kept sighing."

"I overslept today, I'm just a little tired," she says, massaging her temple.

He pokes her arm once more, "You can just tell me the truth Smiley."

"And you can focus in class," she retorts, furrowing her eyebrows which causes the boy to snicker.

"Suna, (L/N), please stop playing around in class and pay attention."

Both students' suddenly jerk as multiple stares direct themselves at the two. Osamu raises his brows at Suna, whilst Aoki feels as if his heart just cracked a little. What were they talking about? Some of (Y/N)'s female classmates send her envious looks or knowing smirks.

"We weren't-" (Y/N) begins before abruptly shutting her mouth. She feels her cheeks heat up from humiliation as she hangs her head and returns her focus to class. What a terrible way to start the day.

Suna slowly retracts his arm from the neighboring desk. He peeks at (Y/N) who seems overly intent on the classwork. Did I make her mad?

(Y/N) hears a small thump on her desk. She looks up from the comfort of her arms, trying to ignore the small pain in the back of her head. "Suna?"

"Take it," he pushes the carton of strawberry milk towards the girl, "next class starts in 5 minutes so hurry."

"What, why?"

"Because Smiley doesn't look so smiley today and it's weird."

She laughs a little, "Just a rough morning."

"...And sorry for getting you called out earlier." Suna continues, averting his eyes to the floor and back to her.

"No, don't apologize. I just can't believe she noticed us talking, but hasn't once caught you sleeping," she teases.

Suna huffs. "Just please take the milk as an apology and feel better. You looked so sad this morning, I thought you were mad at me."

"Sad? Mad? No way," she grins as she reaches for the pink box, "Is it really okay if I take this?"

"It's all yours."

"Heh, thank you Sunarin~"

She looks a bit happier, the boy thinks to himself. Without thinking, he pats her head, then quickly realizes his actions. "Oh, sorry, I just-"

(Y/N)'s eyes widen a bit in surprise before she laughs heartily, "It's okay, really! Thanks a lot Suna, I mean it."

Suna half-smiles before heading back to his own seat. He watches as (Y/N) sips the drink he bought her, seemingly deep in thought. She was honestly grateful for this small action. Though 'insignificant' as the morning's events were, she had felt off the whole day. And to make it worse, her head wouldn't stop throbbing at the most random moments. At least by now, the dream was little more than remainders of a faint memory. She didn't know if she liked that or not. Mom...

(Y/N) blinks, focusing back on the present.

You're in no place to be sad.

When the lunch bell rings, a crowd of girls immediately approach (Y/N), wanting to eat together. She gladly accepts, asking if Imura and Omumi could be invited as well. The group heads outside, (Y/N) quickly grabbing Imura and Omumi, and head to the cafeteria.

"So... (Y/N)-chan, what were you and Suna-san talking about this morning?" one of the girls asks, sending her a rather suggestive expression.

"Yeah!" another girl speaks up, "You're so lucky to have him as your seat-mate!"

"Huh?"

"Wait, wait! What happened with (N/N)-chan and Suna-san?" Omumi joins in.

"Sensei called them out for talking to each other class!"

"Wahhh, (Y/N)-chan's real lucky to be so perfect! Just imagine having a hot guy like that talking to you!"

"We're all rooting for ya (Y/N)-chan!"

What about that Aoki guy? Imura thinks to herself, quietly observing.

"Wait- Perfect? I'm anything but that... and we were just talking!"

"I saw him at the vending machines getting that strawberry milk for you!"

"WHAT?" Omumi yells, "When I did that, (N/N)-chan told me she LOVED ME. How did I not know about this!?" She grabs her friend by the sides of her arms and shakes hard as another person begins to speak.

"Wait, but I know so many other guys that seem like they have crushes on our (Y/N)-chan!"

"Excuse me?"

"Well of course! Everyone goes all googly-eyes on her!" the other turns to (Y/N), "So which one do you like?"

"Eh?"

All the girls start gossiping, talking over her when she tries to deny their words. But that isn't what's really bothering her. Crap, my head. She feels her mind succumbing to the throbbing as her breathing gradually becomes heavier. Once more, she opens her mouth to speak.

"Guys, I don't know what you saw, but Suna and I were having a normal conversation. As seat-mates, I promise! We barely know anything about each other and I don't like anyone."

"Hah? Are ya sure!?" Omumi shakes her again, making (Y/N) feel dizzy.

"Y-yeah. I didn't come to Japan to start rumors or look for love, y'know?"

"Well, I guess it makes sense. You've only been here for about a week after all..."

"Yeah..!" She sends the girls a tired smile. My head... It hurts so much.

The pain suddenly skyrockets. Her vision blurs.

"(Y/N)-chan! Are ya okay!?"

"Oh my god! Did we offend you? We didn't mean to!"

"Huh? You guys didn't offend me at all.."

"Then why are you crying?"

I'm crying? She feels her face.

I'm crying.

Her head throbs once more.

Why does this all feel so familiar?

don't forget to vote if u enjoyed!
things r finally getting fun 🤜🤛
(i hope)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.6K 1.9K 39
"that's really cool, you little rockstar." he pushed her lightly with his shoulder. "i'm not a rockstar..." "you're definitely some kind of a star."...
50.4K 2.4K 29
suna rintaro x fem! reader UNI AU ↳ in which two ex best friends might have unfinished business when their paths cross again © myhugelove
878K 22.9K 63
basically suna x fem!reader fluff ig? maybe I'll add some spice idk. tw: cussing? slowburn mhmm I don't follow the actual haikyuu!! plot :) #1 on...
243K 7.1K 54
𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐲/𝐧, 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐚𝐤𝐢 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 �...