Ghosts in Gotham

By Mask1005

Batman x Danny phantom "Danny we love you but we need time." "It's for the best if you leave Amity Park son... More

Intro
Gotham
Brother Grayson
Escape
Jason's POV
"Don't make promises you can't keep."
Ice cream
Therapy
'Creepy little boy with creepy little powers'
I'm no 'world's greatest detective'
Sorry
Terrible Father
One last Act
Snappy Danny
Wayne Gala
Ghosts
Monster
Bruce Wayne
Run
Thoughts of a brother (Dick)

Tired of Bruce

4.3K 153 45
By Mask1005

Thank you for reading and enjoy!

"I have signed you up for therapy -"

"No Alfred. This is for his own good -"

Two more years

And then he could.

Danny bathed in the rare sun of Gotham as Titus and Ace wrestled around the garden. Watching them, he was reminded of Cujo, the ghost dog. Maybe he could bring him here. He was certain Bruce nor Alfred would be troubled. After all, a new animal friend accompanied Damian home almost everyday.

"Danny!" Danny took in one deep breath as he made his way inside. It was rare for Bruce to call for him and he liked that. Out of all the residents of the manor, it was Bruce that terrified him. Bruce stood in the middle of the living room, finishing his conversation on the phone.

"Yes?" Bruce ended his call and waved for Danny to follow. Danny however did not move an inch. "Where are we going?"

"We're leaving for your therapy appointment." Bruce left no room for arguments, only adding fuel to Danny's anger and dislike for the man. They never discussed this, let alone agree to it. Bruce could not do as he pleased! This was Danny's life. "Alfred will pick-"

"I'm not going," Danny hissed through his gritted teeth.

"I was not asking," Bruce glared at him. "This is for your own good. Trust me Danny, I wouldn't be doing this if it weren't -"

"How do you know what's best for me? Have you considered that I may, I don't know have been more traumatized by therapy than anything else? Oh wait, you never even asked!" Bruce's eyes softened as he placed a hand on the boy's shoulders but the boy was anything but pleased. "Please Bruce."

"I know how scary this can be but you need this. I have the best therapist in Gotham scheduled to meet you and trust me, things are going to get better. All the bottled up pain, you're going to learn how to channel it properly so that your friends, family and you, can be happier." Danny did not want to listen to a word the man said however did he really have a choice? Bruce was his guardian and if him going to therapy made everyone happy then why shouldn't he? Was it because he didn't know how to channel his emotions that everyone left him? Why Sam, Tucker and Jazz wouldn't take his calls? Was there something wrong with him? Did he need to change himself to be happy? Who should he change, Fenton or Phantom?

"Perhaps Master Danny should take a seat while I have a word with you, Master Bruce?" Alfred interrupted the two. Bruce and Alfred excused themselves to the hallway, not that it would make a difference. For once, Danny was glad he had enhanced hearing. Did Alfred feel the same as Bruce? "Master Bruce, I understand your actions but perhaps you should take in consideration of the young master's wishes -"

"I don't want him to turn out like -"

"He has the other young masters and us to guide him. You're words and actions will certainly paint you as unapproachable in the young master's mind-"

"I'm not his father and nor do I need his affection. However I do need him to -"

Danny rushed out the door of the manor as his vision blurred. Bruce was right. He was not his father yet the words stung. He had thought perhaps Bruce had his own way of displaying affection but he was wrong. Bruce had four amazing sons. Why would he need another one? Especially one as useless and broken as him? He allowed Danny into his home for Mr. Grayson. The least Danny could do for the man was attend a therapy session, no matter how much he despised it.

"The peasant is outside, father!" Danny took in one deep breath as Bruce stepped outside. He watched as Bruce's shoulders relaxed as he spotted Danny. He must be glad to not have one more episode of finding the runaway teenager. Danny shoved his hands in his pockets, waiting for Bruce to get the car. He still had not discovered how, no matter where he ran, he was always returned to the manor. If attempt one or two were anything to go by, he was convinced Bruce had connections to some, if not all, of the vigilantes in Gotham. Not to mention, he had a suspicion Bruce was monitoring his internet searches and controlling the results he received. But that had to be crazy.

"Are you ready Danny?" Bruce opened the door for him. With a small thank you, Danny took his seat. The trip was short and uncomfortable. Neither attempted to make any small talk. Danny fidgeted with his hands as Bruce led them inside a skyscraper.

"You can go in Mr. Fenton," the receptionist waved at them as they stepped into the office. Bruce gave him an encouraging pat before making his way out. Danny on the other hand, nervously followed the nurse. He kept reminding himself this was not Spectra but he could never forget those words.

"Creepy little boy with creepy little powers..."

"Dr. Adar Lincoln," the tall man smiled, offering his hand to Danny. "A pleasure to meet you Daniel." Danny cautiously shook his hand. He was still shocked from the emotional black mail Bruce weaponized to get him here. Into the white therapy room with a doctor he had never met. How could he do this? How could he have allowed himself to be manipulated so easily? Danny wished Mr. Grayson or Jason would storm through the door but he doubted they even knew. Mr. Grayson had his phone switched off and no one would tell Danny where Jason was. In all honesty, Danny desperately wanted to run away from the manor. Tim was the same age as him yet it always felt like the boy had lived beyond his age. Damian was making it his life goal to constantly remind Danny who was superior. Though it was clear, Danny was not the insecure one.

"Alright Daniel-"

"I like Danny." Doctor Lincoln was a well built man yet his brown eyes shone with kindness. Everything about the man was perfect and welcoming. No doubt Bruce had done a theral background check.

"Danny then, I know you may find it awkward to discuss your personal matters with me, a complete stranger. I'm not going to force you so we'll begin with where you're comfortable." Danny didn't reply. What was he supposed to say? 'Hey. I was just fourteen when my parents built a strange machine. It was designed to view a word unseen. When it didn't quite work, my folks, they just quit but then I took a look inside of it. There was a great big flash, everything just changed. My molecules got all rearranged -'

"Very well. I'll start us off then." Dr. Lincoln's voice snapped Danny back to reality. "First off, we have to set some clear goals and guidelines. As your therapist, I am legally and ethically prohibited from releasing anything discussed in this room unless I have reasonable grounds to believe your or someone else's life may be at risk. So rest assured, Bruce will not know of what you say here. Secondly, I am your therapist, nothing more or less. In the forms I will be giving you, there will be more information on what actions you and I will have the options of taking if this trust is broken or if there is any misconduct whether from you or I. You don't have to answer anything you're not comfortable with." Dr. Lincoln handed Danny an envelope of papers. "These are for you to read. Today, we will only be setting a goal to work towards." Danny nervously fiddled with his hands. He was not sure what it was that he needed to work towards. Maybe if he remained silent, Dr. Lincoln would send him home - No to the manor and they could all forget about this. To his dismay, Dr. Lincoln patiently awaited his answer.

"Bruce briefly explained to me the recent events in your life. I think our first goal should be to accept the emotions and pain that came with them." Danny clenched his hands as another wave of betrayal made its way into his heart. How could Bruce discuss his life as if it were nothing? He didn't want another son so why not leave Danny be? Was he afraid of how Mr. Grayson would be affected by all of Danny's problems? "It seems Bruce and you are not on the best terms-"

"Terms? We are not even in the same book." Danny grabbed the envelope making his way out of the building. He ignored Dr. Lincoln's calls, making his way to an ally. He was tired of Bruce. Tired of attempting to understand the manor and it's residents.

"Planning on running away kid?" The robotic voice stopped Danny from turning ghost as he stood still. "Again." 

A/N:

Like and comment!

Hey guys! Been a while but here I am. I have somewhat resolved the technical difficulties however who knows what's gonna happen.

Anyways, hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas. New Years Eve & Day are just a couple of days away. Do you guys have any plans or traditions? 

My family sorta has a tradition. We stay up till 12:01, watching a comedy movies and eating peanuts and sweet food (I don't know what it's called). For years, I thought it was just something me and my siblings had somehow made a tradition of doing but like 3/4 years ago, I found out my parents had been doing it with their parents and siblings since they were kids. Like my grandparents, even though they don't eat peanuts or sweets anymore will still get them, and have a few while watching T.V.

Anyways,

☠👻☠

Be safe, stay warm and best wishes.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 34 23
Her life was finally looking up, her family accepted her as a hero. She was bringing Hope to Gotham, and even if she didn't know it, was accepted int...
4.4K 92 10
Damian Al Ghul Wayne has been keeping a secret from his entire family, one that he didn't think was important for them to know. He has a twin sister...
156K 6.2K 53
"He's not your son, Jack! He's ghost scum!" Danny Fenton AKA Danny Phantom is now 12 years old, having done everything in the cartoon except reveal...
1.4K 69 15
Danny Phantom|"Danny I like you and I hope you like me too." - IN WHICH: (Y/N) (L/N) moves to Amity Park with her parents to go see her grandparents...