If Only You Knew

By bradleemorris

Harry Potter runs into none other than Draco Malfoy, four years after the war. The two discover that maybe 'h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
A/N and Sequel?

Chapter 37

121 6 0
By bradleemorris

August 1st 1991- Harry and Draco meet for the first time

"Holy mother of Merlin, I look ridiculous!" Draco laughed. "I think you look cute." Harry smiled. "Malfoy's aren't cute." Draco scoffed. "Malfoys are made of kittens." 

September 1st 1991- Harry rejects Draco's offer of friendship

"I'm sorry again Dray. But I swear, I never would've been able to let go." Draco shrugged. "Is that a bad thing?" Harry kissed his cheek. "Maybe not."

February 14th 1992- Harry complains to Ron and Hermione that Draco doesn't love him back

"Oh Merlin..." Harry blushed. "Awe, you did this?" Harry looked at the next photo. "I wouldn't tease me if I were you." Draco raised an eyebrow. Then he looked at the next photo.

February 14th 1992- Draco complains to Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle that Harry doesn't love him back

"Oh. Sorry. I guess I'm guilty of it too." Harry laughed. "It's ok."

March 26th 1992- Draco spies on Harry and his friends, landing them all in detention

"That wasn't on purpose?" Draco shook his head. "I just played it off as if it was." Harry laughed. "You did a good job."

May 26th 1992- Harry and Draco "bond" in the Forbidden Forest

"We didn't bond. Draco was so obviously scared, it was cute. Then he screamed and ran away." Draco blushed. "I was eleven!" Harry rested his head on Draco's shoulder. "I know love." He whispered. "Hold on, how did you get a photo of this?" Pansy laughed. "I took some of Draco's memories, put them in a Pensieve and took photos, then returned the memories." Draco's eyes widened. "Is that creepy, should I be creeped out?" Pansy shook her head. "Keep looking at the photos and you won't think so anymore."

November 7th 1992- Harry and Draco "play" their first Quidditch match as opposing seekers

"What's with the quotation marks around the word play?" Harry asked. Pansy giggled. "Dray was a little distracted. He spent the whole time teasing you when the snitch was right beside him." Harry chuckled. "Oh yeah. Must've been pretty hot, huh?" Draco scoffed. "Sure. Whatever gets you out of bed in the morning." Harry rolled his eyes. "Ha, ha, very funny." He said sarcastically.

December 17th 1992- Harry and Draco duel "Scared Potter?" "You wish" it's pretty intense

"Hey Pansy, were you planning on giving this to us before you knew we were dating?" Draco asked. "No, we were just going to say 'our presence is your present'." Harry laughed. "I guess we're lucky we told you then." Pansy shrugged. "I don't know, I think we'd make a pretty good gift, right Blaise?" Blaise rolled his eyes. "Sure."

February 14th 1993- Harry complains to Ron and Hermione that Draco doesn't love him back

"This again?" Harry groaned. Draco laughed. "Poor Potty, I didn't love him back." Harry frowned. "I wouldn't be so sure." He pointed out the next picture.

February 14th 1993- Draco complains to Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle that Harry doesn't love him back

"Ugh, not again!" Harry grinned.

May 8th 1993- Draco on his way to slip the paper about the Basilisk in Hermione Granger's hand

"What!?" Draco blushed. "Uhh, er I ripped out the page at Flourish and Blotts. Would Hermione rip out a book page? Or write in a book?" Harry shook his head and his face lit up. He smashed his lips to Draco's. "Thank you. Just one more time you saved my life." Draco smiled. "My pleasure."

September 1st 1993- Draco checking up on Harry after he fainted

"No, you said 'Potter is it true you fainted? I mean you actually fainted?' That's not checking on me." Draco shook his head. "Blame Theo. After the first question, if you said yes, I was going to ask if you were ok. But then I looked to Theo and saw he was laughing and pretending to faint, so I turned it into a teasing thing." Harry shrugged. "All the same to me." Draco frowned. "Sorry Ry."

September 2nd 1993- Draco obviously flirting with Harry

"Obviously?" Pansy facepalmed. "You're biting your lip for Merlin's sake! Yes obvious. You're checking him out Dray." Draco blushed. "I didn't think it was obvious." Harry chimed in. Blaise chuckled.

September 2nd 1993- Draco pushing students out of the way to see Harry up close

"You look so sassy here," Harry told Draco. "Oh right, says the queen of sass." Harry chuckled. "Fine, you win."

September 2nd 1993- Draco insulting a hippogriff to show off in front of Harry

"Who said that's why I did it?" Pansy rolled her eyes. "That is why you did it." Draco contemplated it for a second before agreeing with her. "Fair enough."

September 2nd 1993- Harry looking concerned after Draco is hurt by a hippogriff

"Oh Merlin, you do look concerned." Harry nodded. "Of course I was concerned, you were saying 'it's killed me, it's killed me'. Look at you compared to Hagrid, you're so tiny." Harry teased. "Huh. Did you ever realize that we were both carried by Hagrid?" Harry's eyes widened. "Not until now! That's hilarious."

November 1st 1993- Draco sends Harry an origami bird by blowing a kiss, very subtle Draco

"Harry actually kept it. He gave it to me this morning as a gift." Draco kissed Harry's neck. "Thanks again." Harry smiled. "You're welcome."

January 5th 1994- Harry sneaking to go see Draco

"I told you I did this. I just never went further than the portrait hole." Draco laughed. "Too bad."

February 14th 1994- Harry complains to Ron and Hermione that Draco doesn't love him back

"How many times is this in here?" Harry asked. "Did you do it every Valentine's day?" Harry nodded. "There's your answer."

February 14th 1994- Draco complains to Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle that Harry doesn't love him back

"You could've been more creative with what you wrote if it's the same thing every year." Pansy shrugged.

May 3rd 1994- Draco sneaking to go see Harry

"I told you I did it too." Harry laughed. "We've got a lot in common." Draco smiled. "Yeah, I guess we do."

November 23rd 1994- Draco climbs a tree to get Harry's attention

"The ferret tree. I did know about this. Draco and I had a picnic there back in September. He told me then." Pansy nodded. "Sure but you don't know how much of a pain he was about it." She laughed. "He kicked me in the face," Blaise complained. Harry laughed and nuzzled into Draco more.

November 23rd 1994- He ends up being turned into a ferret and shoved down Crabbe's pants

"Most traumatic experience of my life." Blaise laughed. "You just wish it was Potter." Draco shrugged. "I don't need to be a ferret to get in his pants." Blaise covered his ears. "That's enough of that." Harry laughed. "You sure you don't need the details?" Blaise glared at the two.

November 24th 1994- Draco fears for Harry's life during the first challenge

"Awe, look at your face. You look so scared." Draco rubbed his thumb over Harry's hand. "I'm glad you survived." Harry nodded. "So am I."

February 14th 1995- Harry complains to Ron and Hermione that Draco doesn't love him back

"Wow, big surprise." Draco smiled. "Don't worry, I love you."

February 14th 1995- Draco complains to Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle that Harry doesn't love him back

"Valentine's day isn't even my thing. I think this is exaggerated." Blaise chuckled. "Believe me, this is an understatement. Besides, I'm sure it'll be your thing next year." Draco huffed. "Whatever."

October 10th 1995- Draco forces his friends to join the Inquisitorial Squad so he can spy on Harry without seeming creepy

"I love this one." Harry laughed. Draco frowned. "When did this turn into a 'make fun of Draco' fest?" Harry kissed his cheek. "Love, it's always a 'make fun of Draco' fest."

November 19th 1995- Draco staring at Harry because 'it's his job'

Harry sniggered. "If you think about it, this is the equivalent to you saying that I was up to something." Harry shook his head. "So you're perfectly fine with me wearing a shirt that says, 'I'm 'doing my job''?" Draco sighed. "Please don't." Harry shrugged. "We'll see."

December 12th 1995- Draco 'doing his job' and checking Harry out

"Pansy, can I use your fireplace?" Pansy nodded. "Be my guest." Harry firecalled Ron. "Hey mate. You know Draco's shirt that says 'I'm 'up to something''?" Ron nodded. "Can you send in a design; and say it's requested by Harry Potter himself, that says 'I'm 'doing my job''?" Ron shrugged. "Sure mate." Harry smiled. "Great. Thanks." Harry walked back over to the couch and cuddled into Draco again. Draco rolled his eyes. "Payback," Harry whispered in his ear before kissing beside it.

February 14th 1996- Harry complains to Ron and Hermione that Draco doesn't love him back

"And we're back to this again." Harry sighed. Draco pointed at the photo. "Isn't this the year you dated Cho on Valentine's?" Harry rolled his eyes. "Unfortunately, yes. But she thought I liked Hermione." Draco laughed. "Like that would ever happen." Harry frowned. "You don't think I could get Hermione?" Draco shook his head. "Not that, I mean... as if you would ever like someone who isn't me." Harry chuckled. "You bet."

February 14th 1996- Draco complains to Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle that Harry doesn't love him back

"Just flip the page."

March 9th 1996- Harry sneaks out to see Draco

"Uh, there's no one there." Harry pointed at a sliver of his shoe. "Cloak." Draco nodded in realization.

April 1st 1996- Draco revealing to Harry that Cho is the snitch by dragging her to show him because he doesn't want Harry to like her

"Don't worry, I didn't." Draco grinned. "Good, I'm glad. I'd like to think it's thanks to me." He gestured towards the photo. "It's thanks to you alright but you didn't do anything to make it that way." Draco blushed.

May 8th 1996- Draco using his prefect powers to go see Harry

"I wish I had the powers of a prefect back in school." Draco chuckled. "But Ron got them instead." He laughed. Harry tickled Draco. "Stop laughing at me." He pouted. Draco kept laughing. "You need to take me seriously." Draco giggled. "I cannot take you seriously right now."

August 3rd 1996- Harry climbs a building to spy on Draco, a bit much Harry, a bit much

"Merlin, that's actually steep. Harry, you've gotta use your head sometimes. I know there are a million and one reasons why you aren't a Ravenclaw, but this was not a smart choice." Harry frowned. "Name one of those reasons then." Draco grinned. "'Hmm, the Chamber of Secrets belonged to Salazar Slytherin. The mascot of Slytherin is a serpent. Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth. I wonder what's in the Chamber of Secrets. A unicorn, perhaps?'" Draco leaned in to kiss Harry but Harry pushed his head away. "Mean boys don't get kisses."

September 1st 1996- Harry spies on Draco on the Hogwarts Express

"I remember this... I broke your nose."

September 1st 1996- Draco breaks Harry's nose, after noticing he was there just by briefly seeing the corner of his shoe

"Like I said. Sorry about that by the way. I was going through a lot and blamed you for me becoming a Death Eater. My opinion changed after I broke your nose. I instantly realized I was being stupid, and felt terrible. But the reason I left you there on the train, was so that you'd go home and be safe. Hogwarts wasn't exactly safe, I knew I needed to let the Death Eaters in. But you somehow got off the train." Draco arms squeezed tightly around Harry. "Luna," He whispered and sighed with content at being so close to Draco.

October 12th 1996- Harry and Draco exchange an awkward gay stare in the Three Broomsticks

"Gay stare? Pshh, we never did that." Draco said. "Look at the photo." Pansy sighed. "I stand corrected." Draco blushed.

October 12th 1996- Harry watches Draco's location on the Maurader's Map before bed

"Oh, someone was lustful." Harry blushed.

October 15th 1996- Harry watches Draco's location on the Maurader's Map before bed

Draco gave Harry a look. "I was a teenager!"

October 21st 1996- Harry follows Draco around

"Ok, when will it be a photo that I can laugh at?" Harry huffed. Draco chuckled.

November 11th 1996- Harry follows Draco around

"No, flip the page."

November 20th 1996- Harry watches Draco's location on the Maurader's Map before bed

"Harry?" Harry sighed. "Stop, it's not funny."

November 30th 1996- Harry watches Draco's location on the Maurader's Map before bed

"You did this a lot. Did you dream about me?" Harry blushed red as a red cap's cap. "I'll take that as a yes."

December 6th 1996- Harry follows Draco around

"Why is it all about me all of a sudden?" Draco shrugged. "Well, I was a bit busy." Harry nodded and smiled sympathetically. "Sorry Dray."

December 13th 1996- Harry watches Draco's location on the Maurader's Map before bed

"Ok, really? I didn't do it that often."

December 20th 1996- Harry not so discreetly eavesdrops on Draco

"What, when?" Draco asked. "Slughorn's Christmas party. I remember neither Mione nor I could go with who we wanted to go with." Draco raised an eyebrow. "Me?" Harry nodded. "One day, we'll host a Christmas party and everyone can go with who they want. We'll invite all the gays!" Harry chuckled. "All the gays it is."

February 14th 1997- Harry complains to Ron and Hermione that Draco doesn't love him back

"Shocking." Harry groaned.

February 14th 1997- Draco complains to Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle that Harry doesn't love him back

"Wow, didn't see that coming." Draco sighed.

March 19th 1997- Harry watches Draco's location on the Maurader's Map before bed

"I swear I'm not a stalker!" Draco laughed.

March 26th 1997- Harry follows Draco around

"You sure about that?" Harry buried his head in Draco's neck.

April 17th 1997- Draco and Harry share another awkward gay stare in the Great Hall

"I remember that. A quality gay moment."

April 17th 1997- Draco and Harry have a wand fight in the bathroom *wink wink*

"That wouldn't have ended as badly as what really happened," Draco said slyly. Harry blushed even more.

April 17th 1997- Harry nearly kills Draco

A tear ran down Harry's face. "Oh Ry, it's ok. I'm here. You're in my arms. It's in the past and I'm alive." Harry nodded but another tear fell from his face.

April 17th 1997- Harry crying to Ron and Hermione because he almost killed Draco

Harry was softly crying now. The photos took him back to that day, all the memories rushing back to his head. Draco began kissing up and down his neck, marking it more. He was trying to distract Harry from what he knew he was thinking about.

February 14th 1998- Harry complains to Ron and Hermione that Draco doesn't love him back and he hasn't seen him in a year

Draco flipped the page because he didn't want to upset Harry even more.

February 14th 1998- Draco complains to Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle that Harry doesn't love him and is probably going to die and he misses him

Again he turned the page.

April 17th 1998- The Snatchers catch Harry and bring him to Draco, who lies and says that he isn't sure if it's him, good one Dray

"Harry I'm sorry, it wasn't meant to upset you," Pansy said apologetically. Draco glared at Pansy and she got the message to back off.

April 17th 1998- Harry takes Draco's wand (Harry now you're the master of the Elder Wand, good job)

"Harry, I remember this day so vividly and oh how I regret not freeing you. It just wasn't safe." Harry nodded. He knew Draco wouldn't have been able to save him, he wasn't mad.

May 1st 1998- Harry saves Draco from the Fiendfyre

"Thanks again, sweet." Draco smiled running his hand through Harry's hair, the other still wrapped around his boyfriend.

May 2nd 1998- Draco runs to Harry and throws him a wand once he comes back to life

"And thank you." Harry smiled at Draco, cheering up a bit.

June 7th 1998- Harry defends Draco at his Ministry hearing

"That was the last time I saw you for four years." Harry frowned. "But you kept me from Azkaban, and now I'm here with you."

February 14th 1999- Harry complains to Ron and Hermione that Draco doesn't love him back

"Skip," Harry whispered. He was afraid if he spoke with his full voice, he would cry again.

February 14th 1999- Draco complains to Pansy, Blaise and Goyle that Harry doesn't love him back

"We were stupid. Every year, 'oh he doesn't love me back', while the other is complaining the same thing."

February 14th 2000- Harry complains to Ron and Hermione that Draco doesn't love him back

"I'm just gonna skip all of these, ok Ry?" Harry nodded.

February 14th 2000- Draco complains to Pansy, Blaise and Goyle that Harry doesn't love him back

February 14th 2001- Harry complains to Ron and Hermione that Draco doesn't love him back

February 14th 2001- Draco complains to Pansy, Blaise and Goyle that Harry doesn't love him back

February 14th 2002 - Harry complains to Ron and Hermione that Draco doesn't love him back

February 14th 2002- Draco complains to Pansy, Blaise and Goyle that Harry doesn't love him back

March 7th 2002- Harry and Ginny break up

"Harry, do you find it unsettling that both your exes are dating each other?" Blaise asked. "Not really, they're good for each other. They both play for the Harpies, they both dated me even though I didn't like them, they have a lot in common." Blaise snorted.

May 7th 2002- Draco and Harry see each other for the first time in four years

"Wow, can you believe that was earlier this year? It feels like we've been together forever." Harry smiled. "I know, but I wouldn't change anything for the world."

May 7th 2002- Harry invites Draco to live with him

"I almost fainted." Harry laughed. "I was so worried you would say no." Draco kissed his head. "Never, love. Never."

May 10th 2002- Harry moves into his new flat

"It was so lonely without you," Harry whined.

June 4th 2002- Draco move into his and Harry's flat

"Ew, this is when we slept in separate beds," Draco said with disgust.

June 4th 2002- Draco and Harry go on a dinner 'date'

"You know when I said 'Draco Malfoy that's who'?" Draco nodded. "You knew I was lying about the money thing. Well, I was really thinking, 'who wouldn't want to date the chosen one'." Pansy raised her hand. "Me." Blaise laughed. "Same here." Harry frowned. "I know, I know!"

June 7th 2002- Draco wakes up to find himself cuddling with Harry

"What!?" Draco nervously chuckled. "Yeah, I didn't tell you because I thought you'd be mad about it. Now I can't imagine us waking up any other way." He smiled.

June 7th 2002- Harry and Pansy write an article about why Draco is the best

"I am the best, thanks for noticing." Harry rolled his eyes.

June 7th 2002- Draco gives Harry an owl

"Dragon." Harry whistled. Dragon flew over and Harry pointed at the picture. "Remember this?" Dragon bit Harry's finger. "Maybe not." Draco chuckled.

June 8th 2002- Draco and Harry are officially friends

"Friends? How pathetic." Harry laughed. "Hey! Draco Malfoy, your friends are sitting right here." Draco shrugged. "And?"

June 8th 2002- Harry and Draco begin sharing a bed

"Ah yes, that's better."

June 9th 2002- Harry throws Draco a party

"We've had lots of parties," Draco commented. "Just making up for my childhood."

June 10th 2002- Harry and Draco smell each other in the Amortentia Draco brewed

"Best smell ever," Harry said, taking a deep breath. "I'd say that title belongs to you, but whatever you say."

June 10th 2002- Narcissa and Harry bond

"Uh, I wouldn't say we bonded. She just knew that I liked you." Draco's eyes widened. "And she didn't tell me!?" Harry chuckled. "Oops."

June 11th 2002- Harry and Draco host the first game night

"Wow, that feels like so long ago." Pansy nodded. "That night, Mione, Ron, Blaise and I found out that you two liked each other. We spilt all your secrets. That's how I got the idea for this photo album."

June 20th 2002- Harry and Draco come out to each other

"Awe good times." Harry laughed. "I spent the first eleven years in the closet... literally. It felt good to tell you the truth."

June 25th 2002- Harry and Draco, or should I say Dray and Ry host the second game night

"Is there a picture for every game night?" Pansy shook her head. "Only a few."

July 5th 2002- Harry won't stop staring at Draco during the Quidditch match

"Oh Merlin, look at you Ry. Did you even watch the match?" Harry blushed and shook his head. Draco laughed.

July 6th 2002- Harry telling Draco that he's soft

"I was waiting for that to be included." Draco snorted.

July 13th 2002- Harry helps Draco through a panic attack

"And I'll help you through them all, I promise." Draco smiled.

July 14th 2002- Harry and Draco have the guys over

"Harry you were so drunk. It was funny." Harry remembered almost hitting Theo. "My bad."

July 14th 2002- Harry kisses Draco on the cheek

"Ooh, it's getting there," Draco said in a singsong tune.

July 15th 2002- Harry tells Draco that he's comfy

"Comfy as can be." Harry winked.

July 15th 2002- Draco's snitch tattoo roams around where Harry kissed him

"Oh! So that's why they were doing that!" Draco facepalmed. "You didn't know that?" Harry nervously chuckled.

July 16th 2002- Draco and Harry make out at Hogwarts

"10/10, one of the best moments. Kissing you for the first time is a feeling I'll never forget." Harry told Draco.

July 31st 2002- Draco throws Harry a surprise party

"Thanks again Dray." Draco nodded. "It's gonna be even better next year," He said with a wink.

July 31st 2002- Draco and Harry make out in the bedroom (it's getting steamier)

"It was... until you interrupted." Draco glared at Pansy.

July 31st 2002- Harry holds Draco's hand ALL night

"It fits perfectly in mine," Harry said, taking Draco's hand.

August 1st 2002- Draco takes Liquid Luck and makes out with Harry

"Not the greatest. But it was a good kiss."

August 1st 2002- Draco and Harry say 'I love you'

"I love you." Draco kissed Harry. "I love you too." Harry kissed back.

August 9th 2002- Draco and Harry visit Narcissa, she tells Harry to call her Mum

"I can't wait to tell her we're dating," Harry said. "She's gonna be so happy."

August 11th 2002- Draco and Harry come out to the Weasleys

"That was terrifying." Draco nodded. "Sure, but we got through it."

August 12th 2002- Draco and Harry name their kitten

"Where is she? Malkin." Harry called. Malkin pounced on his stomach. "Oof, not again." He put her on the floor.

September 10th 2002- Draco and Harry name their Pygmy Puff

"We didn't name it. T.N. Starfish did." Pansy shrugged. "Same difference."

October 15th 2002- Draco seems to have been shagged

"Pansy seems to have been nosy." Draco snarled. "Pansy seems to have been correct." Harry winked.

October 15th 2002- Draco and Harry make out and Draco covers Harry's neck in hickeys

"Much like your neck right now." Pansy laughed. Harry giggled. "Draco loves making sure that everyone knows I'm taken." Pansy scoffed. "Yet no one knew." Blaise laughed.

"I'll have to edit it now that you're dating," Pansy said. "Of course, but not today. Pansy this is lovely. Thank you guys for doing this. Thank Ron and Hermione too. I'd love for us to stay but we've gotta head over to see my mum now." Draco smiled. "Yes, I love this Pansy. It's so special. Bye Blaise." Harry grinned."Bye the way Pans, you look gorgeous today. No hetero." Draco hugged her. They said their goodbyes and Draco and Harry disapparated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 477 11
Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy for as long as they can remember have been enemies, it started the day Draco reached out his hand and Harry refused it...
4.9K 346 65
Book 2/4 (After 1/4, Risen 3/4) Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy have finally gotten used to a quiet life together in America. But unexpected circumstan...
45.3K 2K 24
"It's warmer where you are and safer by your side." Four years after the Battle of Hogwarts, Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter are now happily engaged an...
162K 4K 21
"Yeah, um, I..." But the lingering effects of Felix wouldn't let me lie. "I do. I really like you." "Not platonically, then." "Not platonically." "We...