Taken by Hawk

By LemonNavyBlue

"This is our little charade game remember?" She nodded and watched as he walked away-her heart tore a little... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
#NoMoreBullying
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epiloque

Chapter 18

106K 3.1K 155
By LemonNavyBlue

Ethan

I was tying my tie when I heard my phone vibrate, tonight is the office party and for some reason I was nervous.I don't get nervous.Never.

 Ethan, get a grip, it's just boring as shit office parties that the planning committee plans so that we boost 'moral'.I straightened my tie, and buttoned my suit with my hair slicked back even I could agree that I looked ruggedly sexy.I heard my phone vibrating on the glass table again, I reluctantly answered

"Ethan Hawk speaking"

"Hi, how late are you picking me up?"I heard the nervous voice of Nova on the other side. It's not like we're dating but still, I felt strange feelings towards her and they were growing stronger every time I saw her.

I don't date like I said before, I don't do relationships. It's just one of those moral codes that I life by.Lately, I've been thinking about breaking that code, just for her but Ethan Hawk isn't  a man that can stay in a committed relationship for very long. I've tried every time something goes wrong or we grow apart. It's the way love works, you love them and then as time goes on things change because people change.

"I will come and pick you up around seven, it's only 6:30 pm, are you already ready?"All of the women I've known take too much time to get ready.

"Kind of, I just have to do the finishing touches," I smiled imagining her fretting about her hair and the dress and how she should look.

"Nova, dear, why do you sound so nervous?"

"It's just...it just feels weird going to an event with a man."

"Haven't you gone out on other dates like this?"I heard a sharp intake of breath.

"Well, I wasn't ready after...college,"

"I'm leaving now, I'll be there in 15 minutes-I'll come help you calm your nerves," She said goodbye, I looked at myself in the mirror. Maybe I could try and take our friendship just a step further since she trusts me. I wanted to show her that I'll be there no matter what happens.

As I drove to Nova's I couldn't help think about the story Austin told me and Nova. I clenched my fingers around the steering wheel feeling like I'd be able to murder that man. As a man, it's your responsibility to protect a woman. They aren't things you play with and then toss aside like a plaything. Much less use them for your pleasure against their will, it disgusting to think that there are such people walking around freely when they should be locked up for good.

This explains why Austin specialized in human rights, I, on the other hand, would handle business negotiations and things like that.It also depends on what pro-bono cases I decide to do, I have done human rights cases before.

I stopped at Nova's apartment building. The walk up was plagued by thoughts about her past and how it affected her now. I knocked lightly and a few seconds later I heard her yell.

"You can come in, only if you're Ethan if you're not-I have a wok!"I rolled my eyes at her threat and opened the door. She wasn't in her living room but I heard a commotion from the bathroom, a few curses and an annoyed mutter later I saw her come out.

I think I stopped breathing for a second, I sucked in a deep breath.I studied her from top to bottom,  her hair waves down her back. The black dress had a sweetheart neckline, just going past her knee with some silver heels and accessories, she looked beautifully breathtaking.

"Does this look right?" She asked sliding her hand down the dress self-consciously, but what do I say? 'Yes, you look so beautiful that I'm having inappropriate thoughts' which will scare her away or just say that it looks good (understatement of the year).

I'm going with the latter.

"You look good, and we kind of match" I looked down at my silver tie. She smiled and then studied me standing in front of her.S he studied me like I looked at her, but I know she wouldn't have the same thoughts like I had about her, or maybe she would.

"You clean up nicely too."I looked at my watch.

"I think we need to get going, traffic is a nightmare this time of the night,"

She walked beside me, we reached the bottom landing of the step and she missed it, luckily I reacted fast enough to catch her before she hit the ground. She smiled sheepishly.

"That happens a lot"

"I know, I got my suit back from the dry cleaners the coffee stain is luckily gone."She looked embarrassed and looked away.

We drove to the office, the traffic simmered down from the chaos that is New York City traffic. There was only one floor lit up for the party in the whole building. It wasn't a big party but everybody usually attends it.Nova warily followed me into the building and into the elevator, she couldn't help but tap her heels nervously and bite her lip (which she shouldn't do since It unnerves me).

"It's just a few of my co-workers, don't worry,"

"I know, but I still wouldn't fit in there, it's not my kind of scene.How long is this party?"

"Until midnight, I know it's not your scene but please do it for me?" Please-I never says please, but then again this is Nova. She gave me a mock shocked look.

"Did the almighty Ethan Hawk just ask nicely...tss tss what do you want?" 

You.

"I want you to enjoy this,"

"Not going to happen" The elevator stopped with a muted ding and we stepped into a nicely decorated cocktail party with waiters walking around with champagne and people chatting or dancing. The sleek black and metal of the office blended perfectly with the formally dressed employees.

I grabbed us champagne, Nova followed behind apprehensively-the first to greet us was Austin of course.

"Ah Ethan you made it...and I see you got Nova here too," He gave me a wink.

"Of course, she is, after all, a friend of mine," Austin gave me a skeptical chuckle and merged into the crowd.

"So what do you usually do at a party like these?"

"You casually talk, network and dance, I usually meet new people who I didn't know worked here." She scrunched up her nose. I talked to a few clients while Nova stood on the sideline.She didn't say much, she felt too awkward to try so I decided we should dance.

She happily took my offer, we slow danced.I wrapped my hands around the small of her back and she wrapped her arms around my neck. We were close, closer than ever before. She relaxed and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I think we should go," I said, she looked up to me with glee in her eyes, still slightly worried.

"Why?This party is okay, it, a little stuffy but okay," She gave me a small reassuring smile.

"I can see you don't lit, for the past two hours you said twelve words including those you said now," She was about to speak when I held my finger up.

"Let's go, I have something better in mind," I grinned

"Like?"

"Just wait and see."I took her hand firmly and walked to the elevator heading back to my car.We were in the parking lot when Nova looked at me strangely.

"Are you sure we should go?I mean lots of people came here and I'm sure they expected to see you too."

"I'm the boss, I can do as I please," She muttered under her breath 'rude' and then slid into the seat.In silence we drove, every now and then I looked at her then at the road and she would do the same.

 I finally broke the eery silence.

"What are you doing this weekend?"

"I wanted to visit my parents, it's their anniversary, but that's debatable" I actually have met her father, but I could imagine talking to her father, not as Austin's business partner but as Nova's...friend.

Damn, I didn't want to be just that.

Austin did tell me that his parents wrote him off. We went to visit solely because he needed to do business with his father-I take it that they had some issues.He barely looked at Austin.

"Oh, I've met your mom and dad before, they're nice people,"

"Really?Yeah, we don't have the best relationship, but they'll always be my parents," She focused on the road, it was a few minutes later when we got to my house.

"Since we couldn't have that celebration I promised the other day I thought it would be perfect to celebrate tonight at my house,"

"Your house?"With my whole explanation, she just caught that part.

"Yes, it's not that bad...is it?" I looked up at my Victorian two story house, it wasn't modern in fact it was made in the 18th century.

"It's lovely, I just didn't expect this,"I got out of the car and so did she, I walked to in front of her. She has been here once but that was at midnight when she delivered my coat.She's never really seen my house up close and personal.

"What were you expecting then?"

"A big condominium,"

"My office is cold enough, a place like this is my home.I  do own a condo however but I only use it when necessary" I took her hand in mine walking up to my door, unlocking it. Her eyes were wide, she looked around the foyer. I smiled dropping my keys in a bowl leading her to the kitchen.

"Yeah, you should lock your doors too, astonishing right?" She glared at me.

"I live life dangerously or did you forget my wok stunts?Keeping the door unlocked keeps me in practice,"

"Something to drink?"She nodded, I got a glass of red wine and handed her another.

"So how should we celebrate?" I had ideas but they were not appropriate for any friendship.

"Why don't we watch a movie?"She smiled at the suggestion.

"I get to choose, right? I'm not going to watch action," She crossed her hands over her chest in a huff, I nodded and showed her my movie collection in the entertainment room.I untied my tie and undid my cuffs, kicking off my shoes and socks walking around barefoot.

It was fun to have such a relationship where we were okay with each other-not naked-but still fine with the closeness.

When I came back to the room, she had kicked off her heels and tied up with a band she had, most probably in her clutch bag.

"I found a great movie" She showed it to me, it was a good movie 'Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy' to be honest the nerd side of me craved that movie for so long. I thought she'd gone for a softer chick flick but that's Nova for you-a strange, strange specimen in the female population.

We were halfway through the movie, I handed a bowl of popcorn to her and then she looked at me curiously. This was my chance.

"Nova Spencer, I want to be more than friends with you." That came out blunter than expected but better than I  hoped and with more confidence. She looked a little flustered and confused

"What?"

"I said, I want more..if you want to stay friend it's fine" She looked at me and shook her head.

"No, I uh yeah?" She slapped her hand over her mouth as it came out like a question."I mean, yes I want more."She recovered from her blunder.

"Can we just..go slow?" I nodded

She leaned in and pulled me into a passionate and extremely hot kiss, I returned it just too gladly.

She pulled away and smirked.

So that's her taking it slow?

I can definitely do slowly.

"I just wanted to do that so long,"I cupped her cheeks and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"You should've done it sooner"

I pulled her into a hug, I was deeply contemplating how slow I'd be able to go.I  live a fast paced life and worked long hours. My relationships have always been fast and went up in flames with relatively the same speed.

I continued to watch the movie, it ended and I looked down to find softly snoozing Nova.I picked her up bridal style and walked up to my bed placing her on it gently.I looked at her face before I fell asleep hoping she wouldn't regret agreeing to take things to another level.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.6K 1.1K 35
He stepped even closer so close that our nose was touching and I could feel his minty breath on my face. Oh no wrong move. "I was just cleaning it"...
7.9K 757 46
"Wanna dance?" I smirked. "Lead the way." He smirked back. I tugged him seductively on his shirt and made my way to the dance floor. I placed both...
4.2K 153 20
Two completely different people meet at a wedding. Before the wedding, actually. Their worlds cross. "I can't believe she's getting married!" Cor...