Back into Time (Tom Riddle x...

Por katyaputra

The story takes place in 2020, modern era. This is about a girl who has to travel back in time in order to s... Más

PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
NOTICE
FINALE

SIXTEEN

4.3K 187 155
Por katyaputra

The champions assembled in a waiting tent near the arena that had been built specifically for the Task. The first task was dragons. The champions had to draw one dragon from a small bag that's held by Bagman. The main task was to retrieve a golden egg that was being guarded by a dragon, and the egg would be located within a clutch of real dragon eggs.

The champions took turn to dip their hands into the bags and when Primrose did it, she pulled out a miniature replica of a Swedish Short-Snout dragon with number 2 hanging around its neck, meaning that she's going second.

Fuck my life.

She glanced at Konstantin who was just staring at the miniature replica, looking a bit disturbed. He got the Hungarian Horntail in which was said, the most fierce.

The worst thing was, he's going first.

"All the best, everyone." Primrose said and both of the champions nodded. Konstantin looked at her with a small smile, "All the best."

He walked out of the tent and after a few minutes, loud cheers could be heard, meaning that he already stepped into the arena.

Primrose and Fiore could hear the dragon roared and it honestly scared Primrose out. She sat on the bench, wrapping her face with her palms—anxious.

She glanced at Fiore who happened to have the same expression as her. It's a little comforting to know that she was not the only one who's nervous.

They didn't realise how long they were waiting but it sure felt short because they were nervous. Primrose groaned mentally when she was called, the next one to go. She breathed in and exhaled heavily before walking out of the tent, straight to the arena.

When the crowd cheered for her, she felt more nervous. She was even more nervous to see the gigantic dragon, chained.

She realised that there was a golden egg near it. It was not holding it, but it was right in front of the dragon's face. She assumed that she had to retrieve the golden egg.

For a second, she thought of her telekinesis, but then it would be a problem. Primrose sighed as she realised she had to use lots of energy for this task.

She thought of a spell that would put something or someone to sleep. As she stepped into the arena, the dragon roared and stood up from its position, ready to attack.

Primrose pointed her wand and enchanted the dragon to sleep. The dragon then plopped down to the ground, sleeping.

That was easy.

Her eyes widened when the dragon suddenly snored and flames came out from its nose. Primrose ran towards the golden egg and almost yelped when the dragon slightly moved its head to the side, darting the flames towards Primrose. She climbed the stone and quickly waved her wand, casting an extinguishing spell.

She sighed in relief when it works. As the fire was extinguished, she quickly ran out of the arena, towards the judges before the fire from the dragon's nose came out again.

The crowd cheered and the judges looked at her in disbelieve.

"It was effortless, Miss Quinton." Professor Dippet said, clapping his hands. She shrugged, "It's still exhausting. But thank you."

The result came out on the exact same day. It looked like the judges were impressed with Primrose's effortless attempt to retrieve the golden egg so she got the first place. Konstantin got second while Fiore got third place because her trousers got slightly burned by the dragon.

The champions were told that the golden egg they retrieved contained a clue on how to pass the second task. Without it, they had little chance of succeeding. The golden egg, obtained by the Champions by successfully defeating their dragon in the first task, contained a vital clue on how to approach and pass the second task. However, when opened, the egg shrieked and wailed in a loud, high-pitched whine that assaulted the hearing of anyone within range.

"What the fuck?!" Primrose screamed and closed the egg quickly. Her roommates were all closing their ears, frowning deeply.

"What was that???" Dahlia asked, groaning. Primrose shrugged. "I don't even know. How am I supposed to see what's inside if the loud noise is blaring from it?"

"This is hard." Calista sighed.

Young looked around as she heard some noise, "I think we just woke everyone up."

"Shit." Primrose cursed.

_____

"Partner up, please. Slytherin and Ravenclaw." Slughorn echoed. Primrose glanced at Tom, and it happened that he was looking at her too. She turned her head to Bletchley, and of course he was looking at her too.

The only students from Slytherin that she had ever worked with were Tom and Bletchley. But she didn't want to be near Bletchley. Not after what happened.

Primrose then looked at Tom again, "Wanna be partners?"

"Sure." He answered. Primrose took her things and moved to Tom's table.

Slughorn used his magic to pass each partner a piece of paper. Instructions were written on it but it did not state what potion was it.

"Based on the instructions and ingredients, you have to make the unnamed potion. I will let all of you to try and figure out the potion when they're done. You may begin." Slughorn said.

Primrose stared at the paper with a frown before turning around, "I'll get the ingredients."

She walked to the cupboard at the back. She was about to take one ingredient out when her hand touched with Bletchley's, who was apparently trying to take the same thing.

Both of them looked at each other but Primrose turned her head away after realising the look on his face. Sorrowful.

She took the ingredients and quickly went back to their table.

"Congratulations." Tom said. Primrose stopped arranging the ingredients for a few seconds, trying to process the wish. Then she realised, it was for winning the first place on the first task of Triwizard Tournament.

"Thank you." She said.

Then, they started to brew the potion, with Primrose reading the instructions and passing the ingredients while Tom stirred, as usual.

As he was stirring, Primrose got lost as in her mind was in a blank slate. Her eyes were staring at what's in front of her without any focus. Blank.

"What's next?" Tom asked. He frowned, realising that Primrose was not ignoring him on purpose. He called out to her two times but she wasn't responding.

He raised his voice a little bit while waving his hand in front of her face, making her to snap out of it. She stared at him, not noticing that her eyes had turned red from not blinking, "Ah, yes sorry. Um where were we?"

"Peppermint." He said and she nodded, "Yes, peppermint. Well, that's it. We're done."

Tom stopped stirring and put the ladle to the side. He glanced at Primrose who looked so troubled.

"Are you alright?"

Primrose nodded with a smile, "I'm alright."

Tom knew well when she was faking a smile but he turned away anyway, "If you say so."

They both went quiet and that's when Tom glanced at her again, "I'm sorry about the other day."

She kept quiet. She looked up at the ceiling for a few seconds before turning her head to him, "Is it true that you're going to kill them?"

He shifted uncomfortably though his expression was stoic, "Is that what you're worried about?"

"It's one of my worries." She said. Her eyes landed on Calista, one of her close friends. She's a muggle-born and Primrose was worried.

"Why?" He asked.

Primrose chuckled humourlessly, sounding tired, "You're not answering my question."

"I'm not obligated to answer you."

That made her laughed. Her voice sounding tired but her laughter sounded genuine and... painful at the same time.

"If that is how it's going to be then alright." She smiled at him, making him frown.

"I see that everyone is done with brewing. Now what you're going to do is, you're going to inhale it and tell us what you smell. Tom! Why don't you start first?"

Tom slowly put his nose above the brew, frowning.

Everyone was looking at him in anticipation. He sniffed slowly, "It smells floral, it's decent like mixtures of different types of flowers. Wait, parchments? A slight hint of parchments."

Slughorn nodded with a big smile, "Very good. Next, Primrose!"

She smelled the brew and her eyes widened in delight.

Almost smells like home.

"It smells like a... hospital? No! A laboratory. Then, there's something familiar... it smells metallic...like computers." Primrose said. She recognised the smell since she had been going to her father's lab.

It also smelled like S.H.I.E.L.D building.

"Thank you, Primrose. Looks like you're going after your father." Slughorn smiled knowingly. He then asked the other students to do the same. Surprisingly, Bletchley and Stretton smelled the same thing as Tom.

Stretton frowned, "Broomsticks... and... something floral. A hint of parchments..."

"It's familiar..." Bletchley sniffed the potion. Then his eyes lit up, turning his head to Primrose. Their eyes met and Primrose frowned.

"Primrose." Bletchley whispered but since the class was too quiet, the whole class heard him and started to giggle.

Primrose looked down in embarrassment, her face red and she facepalmed.

Slughorn laughed, "Well then. Does anyone have any idea what the potion is?"

Lyra raised her hand and Slughorn chose her.

"Amortentia, sir. It is the most powerful love potion in the world. It is distinctive for its mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from the potion in spirals. Amortentia smells different to each person, according to what attracts them." She answered. Slughorn nodded in satisfaction, "Excellent, Miss Lycan! Now, class... what you have been smelling was the thing—or person that you desire the most. Miss Quinton, you better look out for those three."

Three?

Stretton and Bletchley looked down, both felt embarrassed.

Stretton, Bletchley and... who?

Primrose's eyes widened in shock. She turned to face Tom who was looking down.

...and Riddle.

Primrose smelled her own wrist where she sprayed her Gucci Flora on. It was the Limited Edition Gorgeous Gardenia in pink colour.

Used to be limited edition. Now it's just everywhere.

"Riddle, were you smelling this?" Primrose asked, giving her wrist to him. Tom's ears turned red. He didn't have to sniff her wrist to smell her scent. Her scent overpowers anyone who went near her. 

"Yes." He said lowly.

"Oh."

The realisation hit her.

Desired... attraction... I—

Primrose looked away, suddenly feeling nervous.

She didn't expect that Tom Riddle might be attracted to her.

_____

That night, Primrose went to the den of snakes. She didn't know why she chose that place to relax—as always.

"Lumos maxima."

She stepped in to the den of snakes and saw Tom standing in front of the snakes.

"Riddle?" She approached. He turned to her and greeted, "Quinton."

She glanced at the snakes, "What are you doing?"

"Talking." He said. Primrose nodded, "I see. Sorry to bother your... conversation. I'll leave now."

She turned away but then she her track stopped.

"Stay."

Primrose stared at him, "Okay..."

"Come here." Tom gestured and she approached closer.

"You wanted to try to touch them right?" He asked, making her eyes widen, "How do you know?"

"The pink one told me." He said.

Primrose just stared at the pink snake, not knowing what to say. It's true that she wanted to touch them, but was she ready though?

She scanned the snake's skin from its head until its tail while swallowing hard.

Why do they have to look so disgusting?

"Go on." He said. Primrose shook her head, "No it's alright."

"I'm here now aren't I?" Tom stared. She frowned, looking at his face. He tilted his head to the side, "I thought you feel safe around me?"

"What?" Her eyes squinted when her frown deepened. Tom gave a small smirk, "You feel safe with me around snakes. Right?"

She shrugged, then nodded, "I mean yeah. You're a parselmouth and you helped me a few times with them."

"And now I'm here to help you again." He said. Primrose kept on staring before sighing, "I don't think I can. I... I feel tingly."

"You can. Slowly."

She looked at her own palm for a few seconds, thinking. Then she kneeled beside the pink snake, stretching her arm out slowly.

Tom noticed her shaking hand. As her hand was nearing the snake, she pulled away while shaking her head, "I can't."

"Give me your hand." Tom said. Primrose shook her head vigorously, "No."

"I promise I won't force your hand if you want to retreat." He held his palm out and Primrose put her hand in his hand.

His hand was surprisingly soft and the way he was holding her hand was gentle, contradicting his icy cold expression.

Primrose closed her eyes, hoping that it would be less terrifying. Tom guided her hand slowly, tilting their hands so that the side of their hands touched the snake first.

She let out a small shriek when the side of her hand touched its skin. Tom slowly let go of her hand, and finally her whole palm was on the snake.

"You did it." He said. Primrose opened her eyes and her breath hitched slightly. She didn't dare to move her hand to caress the snake. Touching it was enough pain for her and for her to caress it? No, thank you.

"You're still shaking." Tom said, his left eyebrow lifted. Primrose stuttered, "I... well... yeah I..."

"It's okay, you're doing well. It's happy, just to let you know." He said. Primrose honestly felt tingly not just from the texture of the snake, but also from the peculiar behaviour of Tom Riddle.

Why is he suddenly being nice to me?

It was bizarre for Tom to act this way. It's so unlike Tom Riddle.

What's his agenda?

Primrose quickly let go of her hand and wiped her palm in her trousers, trying to get rid of the tingly sensation on her palm after touching a snake.

"It wasn't something that I enjoyed but thank you still." She said, glancing at him.

He shrugged, "I thought you would at least put it around your neck?"

"No!" Primrose said sternly. Then she sighed, "Just... no. This is already too overwhelming."

He didn't say anything, probably letting her catch her breath. 

"Thank you, Riddle."

She sat on the ground with her legs crossed and looked around the firefly-lit area. Tom followed, sitting beside her.

"So what are you doing here?" She asked. Tom shrugged, "I don't even know too."

He continued, "And you?"

"I want to enjoy the view. Trying to relax. I always come here to do that." She gave him a small smile. He nodded, "It is a beautiful place."

Primrose glanced at him, "Riddle, how do you imagine the future?"

He frowned slightly but then his expression turned normal again, "Powerful people all around. The one who's deserving to be recognised live together."

Psh.

"And you?" He asked.

"I think if we're kind, it'll be a kind world." She said.

"There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it." He stared at her, making she did the same, "Wrong."

"How so?"

"If there's no good and evil, there wouldn't be good and bad people. Should be obvious enough. Being kind is not a weakness, if that's what you think. Being kind is... to be harmonious. It's calming. Not only to ourselves but to other people. I would say that it's practical. Just like formally concluded and ratified agreement between states. It benefits many sides. No wars, fights, just... peace." She said, smiling while she looked at the fireflies.

Primrose then continued, "There are only two types of people in this world. Good people and bad people. Good people will do good things while bad people do bad things. Like hurting people. So tell me why there is no good and evil?"

Silence.

"I think kind people are the most powerful, Riddle. Hence what people say or do to them, they stay strong and still be nice. One shouldn't be evil just because one person did something bad to him. Don't you think?" She smiled to him. He turned away, almost scoffing.

"There's kindness in everything. It might be small but it still is. Honestly, I don't think you're a bad person." She said and Tom looked at her, a slight shock was shown.

Not a bad person. At least not yet.

"Though you hate muggle-borns which is... not good but... there's another side to you. You're kind to me, you helped me to find my cat before. And you helped me with the snakes. Little things matter." Primrose patted his shoulder and he glanced at his own shoulder that had been patted.

Silence.

Okay this is getting awkward.

"Riddle, if you have the chance to go see the future, would you take it?" Primrose asked. Tom squinted his eyes but answered anyway, "Yes."

Primrose smiled.

_____

At the library, Primrose looked up Amortentia in the book. Tom's behaviour kind of disturbed her and honestly she's being very cautious now. He could be very manipulative.

If it's because of the potion, she needed to know more about it.

Found it!

Amortentia has a different aroma for everyone who smells it, reminding each person of the things that they find most attractive, even if the person doesn't acknowledge or is unaware of their fondness for the object of their affection themselves. The effects of the potion on a person are described to be near instantaneous; with the person who drank the potion appearing "pale and sickly" and becoming obsessed with the object of their affections, speaking of them as though "hit by a ray of purest sunlight" and becoming excited or dangerously unstable towards others.

But he didn't drink it?

Primrose shut the book and put it back onto its shelf.

Or is it...

Likability?

The spell casted by Dumbledore. It made her likeable. 

Primrose shrugged and walked away. All she knew was she needed to keep her guard up still.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Thanks for reading! :D
Typos & Errors = Sorry :(

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

805K 37.3K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
299K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
74K 1.6K 28
What will happen when the beloved (Y/N) Potter gets sorted into Slytherin and Voldemort returns. Read to find out. ⚡️ I don't own any characters apar...
4K 81 6
ဒဏ်ရာပဲပေးပေး ဆေးပဲပေးပေး မင်းကကိုယ့်ရဲ့ Favourite Person ♥️