Serendipity 2: A Yearning Hea...

By seaycee_incorporated

As Sean and his friends get into their relationships, difficulties set in as unexpected conflicts arise in th... More

1| I Don't Kiss and Tell
2| Promise For A Promise
3| Panic Room
4| 2 Truths & A Lie
5| The Regrets of A Player
6| Where's Kaycee?
7| Misunderstanding Love
8| My Relationship, My Business
9| First Time For Everything
10| 10 Minutes
11| Perish
12| Paranoia & Jealousy Don't Mix
13| Out of Love?
14| Open-ended Affairs
15| Don't Think
16| Trapped
17| Healer of Broken Hearts
18| Goodbye Kiss
19| Grey Areas
20| Mr. & Mrs. Detective
21| Love is Blind
22| The End of Us
23| Lie To Me
25| The Kaycee Effect
26| F*** Off
27| Patience Is A Virtue

24| Actions Speak Louder Than Words

528 33 16
By seaycee_incorporated

Sean's POV

It was finally dismissal time and I'd be able to just dance my way through rehearsal then go home. I just wanted to be away from them. It was always Josh and Kaycee just in my face with their "friendship." That was the last thing I wanted to be around.

I was sure of one thing though. I want to give her space. I want Kaycee to know who she wants and to choose wisely. I'm not going anywhere. No matter how much she lies, how much she yells, or how extremely frustrating she is, I love her. So, I leave it up to her. I leave it up to fate.

The bell rang, pulling me from thoughts that made my head pound. As I picked up my bag, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked and saw it was Tre. "Hey." I sighed.

"Hey. How's it going?" He asked. Knowing what he meant, I let out a huff, mildly stressed. I started walking out of the classroom, deciding to be early for rehearsal. I shrugged. "Hanging in there. What about you?" I asked. He chuckled, putting his hands in the pockets of his grey sweatpants.

"Remaining hopeful." He replied. I nodded with a slight smirk on my face. On the way to the hall where the studio was, I decided to put my books in my locker. When I opened it, a small pastel yellow envelope fell out, making a smack noise on the floor. Tre picked it up and read the front before handing it to me, a small smile appearing on his face. "Still not talking to her, are you?"

The front read, "From: Kaycee. To: My Shamu." She then drew a small little cartoon of her handing me a heart with a hopeful smile on her face. The envelope was somewhat thick. I had no idea what was inside. I stared at it for a little before putting it in my bag.

"I'm giving her space." I stated sternly. Tre let out a scoff in amusement and shook his head. "What?" I asked. He shook his head once again.

"Nothing. It's not my place." He shrugged. "You think I should open it." I said, figuring him out.

"Not necessarily. I think you should think about this." Tre said slowly. "Look, I gave Jadyn a box. A big red box. You know what was inside?" He paused. I shook my head. "Absolutely nothing but a smaller box, and inside that one was another and so on." He explained.

"Okay, what about it?" I asked, trying to see where he was going with this. "With her opening that box, she got her answer. With her leaving it alone, she would get her answer. If she opened that box, that means she wants it—us. If not, then so be it, but as long as you open that envelope, you're willing to give Kaycee a chance. Therefore, you have to think: What do you want?" He finished.

I closed my locker and leaned against it. "Time." I breathed out.

Kaycee's POV

"Listen up!" Tricia clapped. All of us stopped talking and gave her our undivided attention. "Who knows what's coming up in a couple months?" She asked.

After a few moments of silence, it clicked to me. "Radix!" I exclaimed in excitement. Tricia smiled and nodded. "Indeed! Which brings me to what I'm about to say. Now, as you know, we will be traveling. Alex and I have already made arrangements for another airbnb and such. Hopefully, there won't be as much trouble in paradise." She announced, jokingly glaring at Sean and I, who was currently sitting beside me, probably unwillingly anyway.

"You are also expected to not only participate in classes, but a few of you will teach. Who's up for it?" The room grew silent as none of us jumped at the opportunity.

"I will." Julian shrugged. "Great, that's one. Who else?" Tricia asked, scanning the group only for her eyes to fall on me. "Munch, how 'bout it?" She asked, crossing her arms along with a knowing grin on her face.

Startled, I looked at her as if she was crazy. "W-what? Tricia, no. I'm not..very comfortable with-" I stumbled out.

"You'll do it. Practice makes perfect." She insisted before proceeding with intel about the trip. I let out a sigh, trying to calm my nerves.

———

"Thanks for driving me home, Jules. Hope I didn't cause any trouble." I chirped before hopping out of his car. A smile adorned his face. "Anytime, Kayc. I was headed this way anyway." He shrugged.

"Yeah, going to the movies with Bailey, are we?" I smirked. A sheepish smile spread across his face. "It's friendly! Besides, afterwards we're all meeting at the fair." I giggle knowingly.

Tonight was the city fair, which pretty much everyone in the city attended, sometimes people from other parts of California. There were rides, games, food—sweet and savory, and performances from local people that signed up. Often, there were dance mentors, catering businesses, and local citizens of the community helping. We all were going, which I was happy about since it seems like forever since the entire group hung out together.

"Sure! Anyways, I'll see you there. I gotta get to choreographing." I said sarcastically. He waved as I walked around the front of his car and up to my doorstep. While I unlocked my door then stepped inside, I heard Julian drive off. "I've arrived!" I shouted to inform my family.

I heard nothing but laughter coming from the kitchen so I made my way into it. However, I halted in my steps once I made it through the arch.

"Oh hey, honey. We didn't hear you come in." My mom said, her voice still recovering from laughter. There scattered around my kitchen were my parents, Devon, and Sean. They had no idea Sean and I broke up. My family didn't question me on why he hadn't been here for weeks, which I was thankful for. My eyes settled on Sean. He was still wearing the same clothes from rehearsal.

His eyes held a glint as he jumped up from his seat at the table. "Nice talking to you guys, but Kaycee and I have to get to work." He announced. The pain in my heart made a temporary appearance at his use of my full name.

My family let out friendly responses and let us both leave the room unquestioned. Sean silently followed me to my room then sat in my office chair.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in confusion. He chuckled then quickly licked his lips. "I talked to Tricia and she wants me to convince you to teach a class. But knowing how stubborn you are.." He trailed off, causing me to scoff.

"What about it, Lew?" I asked, crossing my arms. "She never said I couldn't do it with you." He shrugged, slowly letting me know what was on his mind.

"You want to help me? Why?" I asked unbelievably. I thought he was mad at me. I thought he wanted nothing to do with me until the end of eternity, now he's telling me he wants to dance with me?!

Sean sighed while looking down at his hands. "Because there is no reason why you should be uncomfortable while doing something you love...and no matter how much you hurt me, I'd never let you feel that." His voice was low but certain. The look in his eyes made my breath hitch.

I couldn't look away. It was addicting. Sean looked away, pulling me from my trance. "So should we get started?"

"Oh, uh, y-yeah I guess. Do you need anything before we start?"

"I'm fine, thanks." He said, hopping out of the chair. He followed, letting me guide the way. "Do you mind if I change first? You can turn on the stereo and start the music." I said, handing him my phone mindlessly.

Sean took it reluctantly and nodded his head. I sped walked out of my garage and went up to my room, quickly finding some sweats to change into. I then put my hair in a low ponytail carelessly. I left my shoes off then went back to the garage.

As I neared it, I heard an unfamiliar tune playing. The production of the songs was very technical and knowing Sean he'd make his movements very subtle, but contain meaning.

And man was I right. When I stepped in, Sean's body was moving inhumanely with ticks and grooves. The piece was beautiful, even if it wasn't one yet. His dancing halted as my phone started to ring on the speaker. He knocked himself out of his zone and went back to stretching, more thoroughly this time probably.

I took my time hiding behind the wall as this was the only time I was really able to study him. As he stretched, the phone continued to ring, almost as if he was blocking it out. "You could go get that, you know." He spoke up. I blushed harshly as I was caught in my act. Thanks, wall.

"I figured you would, honestly." I shrugged, walking over to my phone to check who called. "That's not within my right anymore." He stated, standing up. A small sigh fell from my lips at his statement. He was right. And I made that happen.

"Right. I stand corrected." I tensed as I began stretching. A mellow tune played in the background, complimenting the pace of my stretches. After about 30 minutes, I finished stretching then Sean and I were shooting concepts back and forth to each other.

Now we sat in silence, listening to the music to catch some sort of vibe but I was getting nothing. "This isn't working!" Sean exclaimed as if he was about to explode.

"I have an idea." I said suggestively. Sean stayed silently so I took it as the cue to proceed. "How about we just dance? No idea of concept. No thinking. I know it sounds kind of weird, but I think if we put our heads together and just have fun with it, we can make it work." I explained while twiddling my fingers.

Sean kept quiet for a while. He stared off into space in thought, but after a few moments, a small smile broke out onto his face. "Let's do it." He agreed. I cheered, kicking my feet in the air. I heard a soft chuckle come from Sean.

"Come on!" I shouted, coming to help him up. I stood in front of him and held out my hands. "That's okay, Kay-" He started. Fed up with him avoiding me, I cut him off.

"For crying out loud, Sean. Just take my hand!" I groaned. He scoffed dryly in amusement then got up on his own. We shuffled the playlist once again and agreed on a song to dance to continuously. It seemed as if he just let go and started gliding around the room. He had a calmness to his movements, blowing me away with his control and patience.

After an hour, we figured out the final song and some of the choreo. "I like it. What about you?" I stated in satisfaction. He nodded, taking a swig of water. "I'm proud of it. It's different from what we're used to."

Throughout the choreographing process, the tension between us faded a bit. It was like we were remembering how we were before. I opened my mouth to talk but before I could, another song came on. It wasn't just any song. It was Can I Be Him by James Arthur.

As the guitar strummed in the beginning, I took my strides seeing as we were already somewhat in the starting positions. Sean chuckled as I started the first movements, quickly joining in knowing I needed him for this part.

Our movements were synced as always, but so were our emotions. It felt good that our chemistry was in the atmosphere. My stomach fluttered at the feeling. It was missed. It was almost foreign at this point. I could tell Sean felt it too.

I pulled Sean's hand as it was nearing the absolute end of the dance. Hurt struck me as soon as he turned to me because he had his eyes closed. As the concluding strum of the guitar rang through the room, I didn't even bother to look up. My eyes were stuck on him.

"Sean.." I said with a heavy sigh. His breathing was heavy. I leaned our foreheads together and took his hand. My hand found its way to the nape of his neck. "My love, open your eyes." I said softly, just so he could hear me.

He shook his head slightly. My thumb stroked Sean's cheek, which he shuddered at. "Look at me, please, Sean." I begged, kissing his hand.

"I can't, Kayc." He whispered tiredly. "Why not?" I began to question.

"Please, Kaycee." He sighed. "No! No, that's unfair. I tell you a few lies and suddenly you can't bare the sight of me?!" I scoffed in anger, slightly raising my voice. I shoved him away then turned away from him. Sean once again didn't budge.

I sat in a chair, burying my hands in my hair with my head down.

"It's not that." He said calmly. He scoffed as I didn't look at him. Sean stood in front of me then got on his knees. His hand stroked my hair, resting on the back of my neck. His soft lips kissed my head repeatedly then trailed down to my forehead. He then pulled away by keeping his hands to himself.

"You don't know how frustrating it is being in love with you." Sean stated just above a whisper. My heart skipped a beat at his words. It was my greatest relief that he hadn't lost feelings for me. Not even a fraction. My love only grew being away from him and withheld from the comfort Sean provided.

"I-it's like, this continuous thrill possesses my body, just by the thought of being with you. It's hanging on to your every word, knowing that I just want to soak up your presence and wisdom. It's various types of laughter that oozes from me as you make a silly, cheesy joke. It's your supportive smile that makes me think I can do anything..." He explained in the same soft tone. "But then, after all of that, it's the indecisiveness. It's fighting with a pure soul. It's being lied to and the pain that follows after every fight because I beat myself up about it." He said with a dry chuckle.

I listened to his words carefully while I stared off into space. "However, none of that matters because when looking into your eyes, Kaycee..everything fades. I forget how much pain there is, how much you've annoyed me, or driven me up a wall. It's all forgotten." He said truthfully.

Sean grabbed my chin and tilted my head up, looking into my eyes. He visibly took a deep breath. "I'm sorry." I said pointedly, looking down at my fidgeting hands then back to him. He scoffed, a smile taking over his features.

"You don't mean that." He spoke in disbelief. With the shake of his head, he stood and turned on his heel to retrieve his bag. "I do mean it!" I exclaimed, stopping him in his tracks.

"You have quite a way of showing it." Sean remarked. "Well I guess it's my fault I'm still friends with him! It's not easy to just drop someone like dead weight. I'm sure it's different for you because you're so used to it, but unfortunately for me, I care way too much." I sassed.

"I'm not going to tell you what decision to make, Kaycee! That's your fucking choice, and I'm one of them. And yes, I'm so used to letting go but I did it for you. To be with you. Aren't you willing to do the same?" Sean stated, hope filling his voice. I opened my mouth to respond but nothing came out except..

"I don't know." I replied, barely audible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 755 15
You look happier, you do, I knew one day you'll fall for someone new, and if he breaks your heart like lovers do, just know that I'll be waiting here...
15K 774 35
Sean thought she would never find out his secrets... little did he know, that the girl who comes into the coffee shop every day, could change his lif...
119K 3.7K 55
(formerly all my love) Sean and Kaycee are best friends. They're incredible dancers. As they try begin to navigate the water of teen love, an unspeak...
75.6K 2.2K 39
One loves the other the other has no idea Guess which is which oh and they're best friends