Destiny That Binds Us

By dazzling_nightingale

• An arranged marriage love story • ❝ His soul was tainted with darkness, Hers was full of light. One without... More

Author's Note
Aesthetics
Prologue
1 : I will bury you
2 : Can we talk about something else?
3 : Just hug the Polar Bear
4 : Why did you call me babe?
5 : You have a meeting with Trump?
6 : Eavesdropping is cool
7 : A bottle of poison, please!
8 : What a crappy day!
9 : I'm dead and I know it!
10 : I want to fight!!!
11 : Just a little Patience is all I need.
12 : What's your zodiac sign?
13 : Goodbye Earth!
14 : Get your minds out of the gutter!
15 : Help me shut my mouth
16 : Sorry but not Sorry
17 : Is he Bipolar?
19: Where is that Godzilla?
20 : 100 kgs of Gold??
21: In my wildest dreams!
22: Are you Ready for it?
23: You need to calm down
24: Spill the Beans!
25: Laptop Malhotras
26: Friggin' eight pack
27 : Is she in trouble?
28 : Sleep on the floor
29: Have you been dreaming about me?
30: Just my forced husband
31: Tumbling Monkeys
32 : She's not a random girl
33 : Drawn back like Magnets
34: Mind your own business
35: One last word
36: Apparently babe!
37: The drool's stain
38: --so I think you can thank me!
39: Non compos mentis
40: Just Friends!
41: I knew you were trouble
42: Soft paws of a kitten
43: Human pillows can cuddle
44: Friends? Lol.
45: Hello, Indiana Jones
46: I know you love me
47: Worried as her friend
48: Unintentional distractions and confessions
49: Skinny Love
50: Bound with me, Forever.
note

18 : I thought it was drugged

12.9K 985 406
By dazzling_nightingale

Heyyoooo, well quite a long chapter it is ;)

•Author•

It didn't take much longer for her to realize that sitting under the shower wasn't going to help. Making sure she was clean, she stepped out, wrapped a towel around her slender body.

Glistening, water droplets were dripping from her hair as she felt the chill breeze, while entering her room.

And just like every other morning since the past two weeks, her phone was undoubtedly flooded with notifications from various people.

Some from social media, some through messages, and some calls.

Some were from people she knew, some were downright creepy strangers.

Well what was it?

Nothing appreciative though, only taunts and unnecessary questions which wasn't only pushing her away from being her normal self.

It has been 2 weeks since the chaos that took place on the day of Rohit and Megha's engagement. And no one has been their own self since then.

Some messages were distressingly rude, criticizing and immensely mocking her.

People who were awestruck and unruly envious of her when their engagement became sensational, were now bashing her, finding it as their best opportunity.

Briskly rubbing her hair with her towel, she grabbed her phone, which was on the table since yesterday, unmoved.

Though she didn't want to witness any of those unwanted messages, yet her brain refused to listen.

'Of course, you deserve this nose cut. What did you think, that devastatingly handsome Vikram Malhotra will marry a commoner like you??'

'Oh geez, I literally can't stop laughing. Duh, just look at you. You seriously thought he would marry someone like you?'

'You made my honey bunny feel sad in front of everyone over there. You are to blame for everything, woman."

And it was absolutely disheartening to witness half of those messages were from her very own college mates, and for someone like Suhana, it was shoving her to extreme perplexity.

And ever since that day, she hasn't stepped out of her house, considering that the entire week after the incident, media reporters were flooded in front of her house.

Since it was almost 2 weeks now, reporters are now not much of a trouble, considering she had enough of them through messages and people at home.

Aisha and Anki endeavored their level best, but couldn't coax her to attend college classes.

Kaashvi had barely spoken to her regarding the issue nor checked up on her if she was alive, leaving her to dwell upon her own mistakes.

Megha on the other hand, was locked inside her own room.

Dismally, all she knew was that Rohit hasn't been responding to any of Megha's texts since the last few days though initially, he was.

And as a father and a husband, Ashish knew his family was shattered just like a glass broken, unable fix easily.

And there was another part inside her, regretting for not confronting Vikram, that day itself. But-

Only if Vivaan hadn't blocked her way from leaving, continued with Mom's tag question.

And since then, she also didn't try to contact him nor he did.

If only that day, she had the capacity to lie fluently on everyone's faces. Unfortunately she couldn't.

Accepting the truth, breaking everyone's tiny little dream, was something she never wanted to do. But still she was the one to do so.

Knowing they were impotent against Suhana's decision, Aisha and Ankita had called up on her again, expecting for a positive reply, at least this time.

"Please...please..It has been two days already Suha, you have to come here. We are feeling so futile without your presence." Aisha started with her plea, as soon as the call was attended.

"Yeah, at least you can share it with us. Please don't try to contain everything within yourself " Ankita unlikely, sounded serious and subdued.

"Huh--actually--well girls, maybe I will try to come tomorrow?" She answered vaguely.

And yet on the 15th day, her reply remained the same, and so was her tone.

A small knock at the door, startled her.

Did someone actually come to her room?

Addled, she got up from her bed and opened the door.

Megha.

Megha was standing outside her room, quivering.

"Come in"

After dwelling in awkward silence for almost half an hour,"You want to say something?" Suhana asked, confused.

"Huh-Actually Rohit and his Mom want to discuss something important. Since, meeting outside would grab unwanted attention--they are planning to come home today."

"Oh that's great, hope everything ends up fine between you too" Suhana replied honestly.

"But--actually--"

"Huh?"

"Since they-are coming home, mum--asked if--you could stay somewhere else until they leave--Please don't take me wrong Suha"

"That's understandable. Don't worry, anyways I was planning to leave for college today--So you won't be facing any issues by 'ME'. And Megha--"

"Huh?"

"I--am truly very sorry for everything that happened--"

"There is no need for you to explain to me di. I know you and I find your situation to be wrong as well. Actually I am sorry--I know you must have agreed to everything, having me in mind. So--"

"Hey, don't feel bad. Whatever happened is over. Let's not talk about it anymore. I am glad that you are not mad at me."

Picking her scattered books and bag, she left for college, Unwillingly.

••••

"Will you both stop mourning. I ain't dead here" Suhana tried her level best to put up a smile.

"Come on, you want us to happily dance knowing that aunty isn't talking with you?"

"At Least Megha and Dad aren't mad at me. To be frank, I thought Megha would chop me into pieces and deep-fry in boiling oil."

"Well, forget that. We are so glad you are here, now. Well, I hope the media didn't cause any trouble on your way or if anyone else--?"

"Fortunately Nope" Suhana lied bluntly.

"Well did you two read today's newspaper?"

"I dropped that habit 2 weeks back" Aisha cringed, reminded about those big news articles which were actually invading her best friend's personal life.

"And well-- I don't have such a habit" Suhana announced proudly.

"Well, you both have to look at this." Ankita folded the newspaper to show them a particular article.

"Well, if it's about me, then don't show me" Suhana turned her head away.

"Well apparently no" Ankita declared, as she placed the newspaper article in the middle.

'Vikram Malhotra is in an investing spree'

"Huh?"

"For the first time, Malhotra group of companies, has planned to invest in 25 new locations all over India, at the same time. Though this information is conjectured to be tricky, the CEO of the company, Mr.Vikram Malhotra says he won't mind taking any risk.

And this time, 3 completely new projects are expected from them. Though when asked about this, he claimed to announce it at the right time."

"Well, that's quite a good investment. If it's going to end up in profits, that's quite a huge success and--" Aisha was eagerly explaining.

"May I know why you two are so eager about his Business affairs? As if you both are his new investors" Suhana put her head up in the air, annoyed and fed up.

Fed up, on hearing his name anywhere everywhere she turned.

It felt like his name was haunting her, both in dreams and in real life.

"You stupid girls, look at this....Out of 25 new locations, only one is from this city. And--look at this address "

It really did take quite an amount of time, for them to observe and for their senses to work.

"This address....it was.." Suhana struggled to find words, when Ankita interrupted.

"This is exactly where you had gone to buy your so called fake engagement ring--"

"--and got stuck in the lift" Aisha continued the sentence for her.

"But...that place was really in a good condition. Moreover it was not a small shop that can be easily overtaken but a huge Jewellery boutique. Why would---"

"Well...The Internet says..The boutique you are talking about is now in the form of clay and sand. The building was demolished yesterday. "

"What??" Aisha and Suhana gasped in astonishment.

"Looks like he has quite an attitude."

"Oh please don't think so great, I am sure he must have planned all of this, as the Narcissistic nature in him, wouldn't have been able to accept the fact that he was locked inside a small lift for an hour." Suhana turned away.

'Moreover, when asked about his personal marriage status, he refused to answer further.'

"That was totally unnecessary" All three of them sulked together.

"Well, well look who is here" An unfamiliar voice grabbed the attention of three friends who were seated at a table, in the cafe in their college.

The frown on the three girl's faces grew deeper on seeing the person's face in front of them.

Here comes Maggie, but you can also call her a nincompoop or halfwit, their collegemate who assumes herself to be Mother Teresa, Ankita mocked her silently and at the same time wondering what new problem she has brought

"Suhana Malhot--oops my bad--Ahem, Suhana Sharma. So how is it to be a loser?" Maggie sat in the opposite chair on their table.

"Excuse me?" Aisha's shrill voice almost gathered enough attention.

"And wait, wait-where exactly did you lose your manners? Is it over there?" Ankita pointed to the nearby garbage bin, coolly.

"Shut up you losers. I ain't talking to you both. I am talking to Suhana...so tell me how it feels to be rejected by someone who is 1000 times good looking than you? Feel like hiding yourself?" Maggie was enjoying talking, oops- mocking.

"You are right, Maybe you should tell me how to cope up with rejections assuming your experience from your remarkable speech." Suhana said bluntly.

Surprised with their weird behaviour, "Well Ankita, go and get me some coffee "

"With drugs mixed for her" Aisha murmured as Anki left to get the coffee, after exchanging winks.

"So tell me how you were feeling after reading those lovely messages sent by me, oops-sorry the whole college messaged you, I guess.

"What messages?" Aisha asked, confused.

"Huh-Nothing really important " Suhana tried to mask away as Anki returned with a ceramic mug with hot vapours rising from the coffee cup.

"Oh come on tell your friends about those messages" She flipped her hair, enjoying every minute of it.

Both Aisha and Anki knew something was wrong, before Suhana could defend anyone, they grabbed her phone and were shell shocked on seeing 459 Instagram dms, 145 unknown missed calls, and innumerable Whatsapp messages from unsaved numbers.

All they read two messages and that was way enough to lose their temper, which doesn't happen very often.

"So these messages were sent by--?" Anki diverted the question to Maggie.

"Well of course me, my friends and the entire col--Ahhh" Maggie screeched as Anki poured the hot mug of coffee on her white Levi crop top.

"Have you lost your mind you bitch!"

And that was way enough for Aisha to pour the next cup of hot coffee on Maggie's face this time.

"Ahhh--" Her voice almost grabbed everyone's attention towards them.

"Hey listen all, next time, if I get to know that any of you are sending messages to Suhana, you will be next, like her.
And the chances for it to be a hot mug of coffee is less compared to a bottle of acid. I hope you all understand " Anki gave a deadly sweet smile as the three got up ready to leave.

"And you, next time think twice before you call my friends by nasty names." Aisha warned her before leaving.

• • • •

"That was insanely cool" Anki and Aisha hi fi-ed.

"I first thought the coffee was drugged" Aisha started laughing.

"Even I had thought it was drugged" Suhana's lips gently curved into a smile.

"Oh that it was, with diarrhea tablets, my bad..had to pour it on her face." Anki regretted it.

Suhana knew that they were just trying to take her mind off everything else that was bothering her. But still--she enjoyed the scared look on Maggie's face.

She was feeling all grateful for having her lovely idiots by her side.

"You girl's are the bestest of all" She hugged them both, though she had a million reasons to thank them both, for holding on to her when she needed them the most.

After a nice chit chat, Suhana felt alive after all these dead days now. As she arrived home,she removed her slippers, and was near the doorstep to enter, when she saw--

It was something more than Heartbreaking for her.

Her mom was hugging Megha, as she was weeping her lungs out, with dad beside regretting something.

With her hands trembling, she walked into her house as everyone turned away.

After seconds of encouraging herself to speak up, "Mom? What happened?" She asked with her heartbeat rising.

She never thought the situation could get this worse , for her to see her family shedding tears.

What had happened when she was not here?

"Mom, please tell me what happened?"

"Tell you what suha??" She asked coldly.

"Huh --" She stood dumbstruck.

"Tell you how you were the only fault for spoiling your sister's engagement?? Or wait--tell how you had publicly humiliated not only your or me but our entire family's reputation? Or worse lying to us all this time?! And tell you that Megha's marriage will no longer take place?? "

"What?? Her--marriage--is ...stopped?"

What? Why? How? When? A zillion questions were wavering inside her mind.

Though she knew, the act between herself and Vikram would obviously come to everyone's knowledge, but she always had this faith in Rohit. That no matter what Rohit wouldn't leave Megha's hand.

Now, no matter how much she tried to control her tears, she couldn't. She was terrified, confused and clueless all at the same time.

"Kaashvi, come on calm down, she is a kid" Dad tried his best.

"She is no longer a kid Ashish, stop pampering her and if possible try to rebuke her for where she has led us now by continuously lying."Mom spat her anger like fire, and left upstairs.

And soon Megha left for her room, crying.

"Great, I just spoiled everything. Literally everything." Suhana muttered to herself, regretting everything she had done.

Now she can't leave everything spoiled. Inside, she knew she could never do something like this to Megha.

For she knew that, Every problem has a solution.

• • • •

So how was this chapter?

Sorry for keeping you all waiting for this update. Is anyone angry with this poor soul? :/

Love ya all,
XOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

491K 38.9K 64
𝐀𝐁𝐇𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐔 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐱 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐇𝐀 𝐑𝐀𝐉𝐏𝐔𝐓 " Just leave me alone , abandon me like everyone else ! " she yelled and broke down...
1.2M 56.8K 68
#1 in Forever together. #1 in First Attempt. #1 in Arranged Love. Karuna Singhania: She belongs to a typical Indian family where a girl has many rest...
631K 22.6K 52
" I married you but that doesn't mean that you can control my life". He growled in anger. I flinched at his harsh voice. Tears formed in my eyes " Fo...
339K 28.9K 49
|| DESI BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE|| ●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○●○•○● I always thought I was living a perfect life because I had everything one could dream...