A Nightmare of A Statue

By thepurpletardis

***Discontinued*** Heather has just moved to her new home in the United Kingdom, everything seems fine at fir... More

A Nightmare of A Statue
author's note/chapter 1:
Chapter 2
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
chapter 6:
chapter 7
update soon!
chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
UPDATE SOON AND MORE!!!!
chapter 10:
chapter 12
Update info!!!
Chapter 13
note from author/update info!!!
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16 part one:
ONE LAST UPDATE INFO FOR AWHILE
Chapter 16 part 2:
one more update info
Final Note...

Ch. 11

23 1 0
By thepurpletardis

 SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT AGAIN! A lot going on the past few days. Getting ready for an anime convention tomorrow-I'M REALLY EXCITED! This youtube link I put is one of the songs i think matches perfectly for this chapter and popped up meanwhile when I was finisihing up this chapter. It's also kind of an idea of some of the music I listen to while writing these chapters and here's the next chapter!

         I'm standing in a hall way. I have no idea where but where.

        It looks like an old hotel. Several rooms with name tags on the side besides the doors.

        I hear voices in one room and decide to go up by the door and listen to them.

         "So this place belongs to the angels? They built it?" I hear a woman's voice say.

         "If they can hold on to their victims, feed off their their time energy over and over again," a man says. "This place is a barn. A battery farm. How many angels in New York?"

        My vision get blurry. But it feels like time has passed quickly within seconds.

        Before I know it I'm trying to follow two people. Running as fast as I can. My senses continuing to tell me something is wrong. There's a man with a bow tie trying to catch up to them as well. Besides that I keep on feeling that something is catching up with us.

        I "run" up to the roof. But by the time I do the two jump off the edge of the roof. Together. I don't know if it was planned but my first reaction was a scream and rush over to the edge.

        "Amy! Rory!" I hear a man yell.

        I turn to find out that I'm not the only one. Besides the two strangers besides me. The statue of Liberty is one of the messed up statues...

        "What's going on?" I look at the man. "Why have I seen you before?"

        Nothing-What was I thinking. Everything gets blurry and starts to spin.

                *****************

        I find myself on the stairs next to a girl. She has to be seven-around nine maybe. Anyway she is all by herself. I follow her up the stairs close by.

        So far for the next five minutes nothing bad has happened. I can tell on the look of the young girl's face she's a bit scared but determined to find something. I don't blame her-but she somehow seems to know more than I do.

        After awhile the girl sighs.

        "This isn't worth it," she says quietly. "There isn't anything here. I shouldn't have kept my hopes up."

        I stare back her and she turns around.

         The girl heads down and after the next corner she screams. I run over to find a statue.

        I grab the girl's hand, somehow it worked and we run. It's strange because after a min or two they're almost in every direction, like they lead us or her us somewhere. That place ends up being a hotel room.

        She closes the door soon after. A woman on the other side of the room turns around.

        She's her early thirties. You can see a similarity between the two, only the eye color and hair are slightly different.

        "Mom!" The girl runs over to her.

        "Elise," the woman hugs her. "What are you doing here?"

        "I came looking for you. There was an article I found and I thought it was a myth because all these missing people were found here-but it worked. How did you end up here?"

        "I was trying to get home until my car broke down.

        "You've been gone for a month now," Elise says quietly.

        "I'm so sorry," she kisses the top of her daughter's head. "I had been here for a week. How does that happen?"

        "I don't know. Mom, there's something not right here. The statues are alive."

        "What?"

        "The statues, they're alive. It chased us-me up here. They led me here."

        "The noises outside..." her voice gets quiet. "Elise, listen to me. We need to get out of here."

        "How? They're everywhere," the little girl whispers.

        "Listen. Just rest for now, take a nap. I'll lock the door and figure out a plan to get out of here. Okay?"

        "Okay."

        Everything around me changes. The blur happens again.  I look to my left to find the girl and the mother by the door.

        "Ready?" the woman mouths.

      Elise nods taking her mothers hand. They quietly leave the room closing the door behind them. They begin to head down the stairs but are cut off by a weeping angel. No way surrounding it.

        "Up to the roof," are the first things that comes out of my mouth. Elise notices me say that.

        "Upstairs," she grips on her mother's hand tighter and they go to the roof. I run close by somehow not making a sound each breath and footstep I take. How can the girl hear and see me.

        "Elise stay close by," her mother says. "Let's look for a fire escape."

        "There aren't any," I say quietly. "There can't, especially if they want people to stay. They won't let them leave."

        "Damn it," the woman mummers under her breath searching the top. "There aren't any."

        "Mom," Elise's voice gets quiet facing the other side of the roof.

        "What is it-" she stops. I turn around. The Statue of Liberty with it's fangs...

        Time energy. Over and over again they feed off it. Modern day people. Jumped off the roof... the words go in my head.

        "No wonder why they jumped off the roof," I say quietly. "They had to stop the energy from going. It took them somewhere else."

        "Mom, they're not going to let us go," Elise says.

        "There has to be another way out..." her mother stares at the statue.

        "Let's see where they went," I say to myself and walk toward the edge of the roof.

        Steady myself on the edge. I look to my right should to see Elise heading toward me.

        "Will it work?" Elise asks.

        "I hope so," I reply. "I saw some others do it before. They didn't die."

        Which is true. They didn't. I saw them fall, but I didn't see them land. They just disappeared after a short moment.

        "I'll come," Elise stands on the edge.

        "Elise!" her mother looks terrified.

        "Trust me, it will. Someone else did it before but they didn't land."

        "Elise how do you know this?"

        "The guardian angel," she replies and take my hand. "The one that isn't a statue."

        Her mother says nothing for a second.

        "Mom, please," she puts out her hand."We can at least try."

        Her mother hesitates a little but takes her hand. I can't help but smile. Within seconds we're falling backwards. There's almost static in the air that surrounds us.

        It's a little difficult to see with my long hair blowing in my face and shoulders. I close my eyes.

        Everything changes again. This time its dark outside.

A few hours later:

         The next morning I find Lois working in the kitchen. I didn't even notice, I've woken up an hour later.

        "How late did you stay up for this time?" Lois asks.

        "Nine thirty five," I reply. "I woke up around 8 because I couldn't sleep well. Just a difficult night."

        "Bad dreams?"

        "No," I lie. "Again, a difficult night. I think it was the coffee I had earlier in the day."

        "Keep an eye on the caffeine and sugar you have. It will affect your sleep."

        "I'll do my best," I sigh. I just can't help but think of Elise's terrified face that I had seen last night. Right as it was about to end...

So hi again! The second dream is somewhat one I have made up. It's actually from a dream I had about a year or two ago, after when I first saw the episode of Doc Who where they were in Manhattan. I had a few dreams with the weeping angels... Yes I do have a fear of statues because of this (thanks Steven Moffat!) and that episode kinda made that worse...

The only difference is that the main character wasn't in the dream. I decided to add her in and play a part because it'll be brought up in the upcoming chapters. I will also finish the rest of the dream in the next chapter. (Let's just say it gets dark) THANKS AGAIN TO THOSE WHO ARE READING! Comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 230 60
TheFriendshipAwards 3rd place winner (2017) *** I take a deep breath and say flatly, "What I'm about to tell you is very important. It's called the...
46.7K 1.5K 54
"You hit him with a cricket bat?" I asked my best friend, Amelia Pond."And then you cuffed him to the heater in the hall?" She shrugged "He was break...
566K 21.4K 80
{ORIGINAL VERSION} "Why did you take my necklace?" "Because I wanted you to follow me." <3 Imagine that the dreams you've had as a child were real...
1.8K 119 20
A haunted mansion in a cemetery and a strange man with a blue box. How could it get weirder for young fifteen year old Lucy? Lucy and her friends dec...