Chapter 5:

I finally had time to edit and complete this chapter! Please comment and vote!!!! Sorry if the chapter might be a bit long!!! Thanks for reading!!!

        "Sooooooooooo?..." my cousin smiles at me sitting on the staircase as I walk into the hall.

        "So what?" I reply.

         "What did you talk about?"

        "Nothing much, he heard a scream from my house last night, thought something bad happened. I told him it was a nightmare and he was just making sure I was okay. Him and Lois are worried I'm not sleeping well."

        "I think he likes you if he's asking questions like that."

        "Maybe, or he's just a nice."

       "Not all British boys are nice. Some can be just jerks. Has he been inside the house yet?"

         "Yes, before I came to the U.K. He knew Mr. and Mrs. Watson."

         "Enough boy talk," Lois says coming in down the hall, "you two have more to discuss that later."

         "Do you think Mason likes her?" Cassandra asks.

         "I'll tell you what my thought is later," she says, "for now we should head to the attic. We have a lot of work to do up there."

         "Have you been up there before?'

        "No, today is the first," she passes Cassandra on the stairs case. Cassandra immediately gets up and we begin to head up the staircase.

        "It almost sounds if the attic is haunted," Cassandra whispers.

         I head up the stairs behind Lois. The attic is has is its own floor and the door is on the west side of the house. We're all silent during next the minute or two it takes us to get to the attic. Lois unlocks the door. The attic is huge. The sun shines bright through the curtains and even some windows that are boarded up. The wood on the floor, ceiling and posts look dirty from all the dust. There are sheets covering up some furniture, there are several old suitcases and books in one corner, a huge book shelf to the left side of the room and two large trunks hidden in a dark corner of the room.

         "Okay, let's get started," I hear Cassandra say breaking the awkward silence. "Should we try look to see what kinds of furniture are under the sheets?"

        "Sounds find to me," Lois replies.

                                                **************

        I cough closing my eyes as the dust flies around by me, after taking off another sheet of a another piece of furniture. I look to find an old wardrobe. Almost the one you would find in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe book. I turn the handle and open it to find nothing inside. My heart kind of sinks, I don't know why.  

      "There's nothing in here," I look at Lois. "Should we just leave uo here for a while until we find something to do with the wardrobe?"

        "I don't know, it's your house," she's busy folding up some cloths found in the trunks.

        "I don't want you to have too much work to do."

        "It's fine dear, that's what you're paying me for."

        "I'm going to take a look and see what's in one of these trunks."

        I look in an old turnk to find an old journal or notebook. It has a leather cover and the pages are a bit yellow. I put that to the side to look at later and rummage through the rest or the trunk. There's tones of letters and drawings. A majority of the letters are sloppy handwriting as if they were in a hurry. I notice some of the drawings which are ones of trees, flowers, people, they're completely amazing. Even the ones done.  Each of the letters, even drawings have entails, E. C, at the bottom right hand corner.

         I mange to find a file. Hidden at the bottom under a pile of drawings. I pick it up to find more drawings and some notes of the places where the artist drew them. I cont. to look through them. Before I know it I find a ton more notes folded up. Even some photographs. 

        "What did you find?" I hear my cousin ask. "You've been quiet for a while."

        "Just some old papers," I continue to look through the papers, "some are drawings. They look like they've been up here for a long time."

        "Nobody has come up here until now," Lois says folding a quilt. "There hasn't been a reason to."

        "Maybe it's haunted," Cassandra jokes.

        "You never know in some of these old homes. I wouldn't jinx it dear."

        "Is this place haunted?" I ask her.

        "It isn't," Lois says, "I've been here for years and nothing supernatural has happened."

        "I agree with you on that," I say. closing the file.

        Not yet, something inside tells me. I begin to look through some of the drawings. One is a firmilar statue.

        "No," I whisper and quickly turn to the next one. There's another drawn in ink. I hope that Ik'm just going inase.  This can't be happening. It just can't. I cont. to flip through them and there's more, they're all the creepy statues.

        "Heather? Are you okay?" I hear a voice, i don't know if it's from Lois or Cassandra.

        "Yeah," I put the drawings down. "I just need some water. I'll be back in a min or two."

        I quickly head  

       Once I get down to the bathroom I realize I have the journal in my hands. I quickly take it to my room afterwards. I'll skim through it later. I have a bad feeling there will be more signs of the statues through out the house. Did the person or some one here have the same experience as me?

                         *********************

        I come back up to find my cousin looking through the drawings. Her eyes are wide and she continues to go through each page. I'm not sure if Cassandra finds this fascinating or terrifying.

        "These are pretty neat," she looks at me. "Except the angles ones, those are kinda of creepy. Someone had a dark imagination."

        "Yeah," i say uneasy, "the must have." At least she sees them too this time, I'm not going insane.

        "Are sure your alright?" Lois walks over to me.

        "Lois, you would understand once you saw these," my cousin perks up before i say anything. "They're creepy."

        "I can get a file, see what Taylor says," I tell the two. "She usually researches art and strange things like this."

        "Sounds like a good idea. She knows what to do with these kind of problems."

        "Is Taylor one o your coworkers whose moved to England?" Lois asks.

        "Yes, she's coming in a few days. I'll show them to Taylor when she's settled in and hopefully has time. She's pretty busy with work. I'll put them in my office so they won't get lost with the anything else up here."