Ghosts in Gotham

By Mask1005

Batman x Danny phantom "Danny we love you but we need time." "It's for the best if you leave Amity Park son... More

Intro
Gotham
Brother Grayson
Escape
Jason's POV
"Don't make promises you can't keep."
Ice cream
Therapy
'Creepy little boy with creepy little powers'
Tired of Bruce
I'm no 'world's greatest detective'
Sorry
Terrible Father
Snappy Danny
Wayne Gala
Ghosts
Monster
Bruce Wayne
Run
Thoughts of a brother (Dick)

One last Act

3.6K 130 34
By Mask1005

Thank you for reading and enjoy!

"Damian, stand down." Damian did not move an inch, tightening his hold on his katana. Tim looked between two, pulling Danny behind him. "That's an orde-"

"Ttt I am neither your dog nor your Robin." Bruce glared at Damian but the boy did not back down. Bruce's one punch sent Dick to the ground, Danny was not going to let him do the same to Damian. He was a hero and heroes don't let others take the fall for them, no matter how afraid they are.

"Damian-"

"He would find out sooner or later." Danny was with Damian; at this point their secret identities were the least of his worries but didn't Batman and Robin go together? No one moved, staring intensely at each other. The tension could be cut with a plastic knife. Danny almost sent a blast at Bruce, jumping from the sound. To his surprise, the others didn't even bat an eye. Tim awkwardly cleared his throat when no attempt was made to silence the sound.

"It's you're phone B." Bruce glared at Tim before taking out his phone. At least it didn't feel like the room was suffocating them anymore.

"Not now Clark," Bruce cut the phone, not allowing the caller to say a word. The phone rang again, pissing off the man. Bruce crushed the phone in his hands returning to glaring at them.  A short lived moment, the manor's landline phone rang like there was no tomorrow. Whoever this 'Clark' was, really needed better timing or maybe this was good timing? Damian 'tted' before throwing a Batarang at the phone. Alfred was not going to be happy.

"Step awa-" Damian was interrupted by the ringing of Tim's phone. Honestly, the moment was ruined. Clearly someone really wanted to reach Bruce. Bruce huffed as Damian slightly lowered his katana.

"Hello?" Tim answered his phone. Unlike the others, Danny had enhanced hearing. The voice on the other end took a shaky breath.

"Tim, I need to speak to Bru-"

"It's for you Bruce," Tim placed the phone on speaker. "Go head Clark."

"Hey, so ... you're not gonna wanna hear this but..."

"Then don't call!" Bruce stepped forward to grab the phone, only to be stopped by Damian's katana.

"Don't move fath-" 

"The world-" 

"Clark I'm in the middle of something-" 

"But the world-"

"CAN THE WORLD JUST STAY SAVED FOR FIVE MINTUES?"

"I'm sorry! But we really need your hel-"

"I HAVEN'T EVEN PUT MY KEYS DOWN."

"I know but we have an alien in-"

"CLARK I'M TRYING TO PARENT -"

"There won't be KIDS to PARENT if there is no WORLD."

"GOD damnit CLARK. YOU ARE ALL USELESS!" Bruce stomped towards his office before turning back to them. "This is not over and you're all grounded. No patrol, sleepovers, or Alfred's cookies." Tim shrugged his shoulders, not caring about the restrictions. Was this how parenting worked in the manor? Pulling out weapons, threats and then just walking away? He didn't have superhero parents but Maddy and Jack's parenting didn't seem all that bad anymore. At least they only attacked his ghost half. 

"Where's Alfred?" Danny was convinced he was the only sane person at the manor. Damian 'tted', waking off to who knows where.

"He's away and should be back by tomorrow. You should get some sleep," Tim headed to his room.

"What ab-"

"Good night Danny." Danny was left alone in the cold living room. He couldn't understand any of them. How could they walk away like nothing happened when seconds ago they were at each other's throats? Danny sighed, making his way to his room. He was too tired for all of this. It was supposed to be a simple night yet it was anything but that. Whoever this 'Clark' was, would be getting hell tonight. May the ghosts have mercy on his poor soul.

It didn't take him long to fall asleep and when he woke up, he could only hope Bruce had not come back yet. But of course, the universe hated him. Bruce sat at the head of the dining table, drinking his usual black coffee while reading the newspaper. "Morning Danny." Danny didn't reply. Did the man have multiple personalities? Tim tapped Danny on the shoulder, dragging him to his seat. "Morning Tim."

"Morning Bruce." Danny was beginning to doubt his own sanity. Bruce did in fact attempt to - His brain couldn't even comprehend a basic sentence. Damian walked in with Titus.

"Good morning Father."

"Morning Damian." Alfred served everyone pancakes. Danny was lost. Did he dream all that? He was beginning to think he did until he realized just how far Bruce was from the rest of them. Danny chose to sit at the very end of the table and so did the others. It couldn't be a coincidence. He took small bites, not sure what was happening. "Selina will be staying at the manor for the next few days." No one replied. Not a single remark. Danny didn't know who Selina was and didn't care as long as she was not like Bruce.

"Alfred, can you give us a ride to the mall. I think it's about time Dann-"

"Danny is grounded, along with the two of you," Bruce cut Tim off. Alfred sighed. "Jason and Dick are also not permitted on manor grounds until further notice."

"Bruce that's ridiculous." Danny prepared for the headache he would be having in a second. Damn his enhanced hearing.

"So are your actions." Bruce put up his hand to silence any and all comebacks. "Dick still needs to apologize and Jason and I will be having a very long discussion. Tim, you will reflect on your actions, especially calling Selina. Damian has shown his disregards for the very first rules of being Robin, no doubt an influence from Dick. Danny," Bruce looked him in the eyes, "Unless you attend your therapy sessions, you will not be seeing Dick or Jason." Danny, along with Damian and Tim, shouted their displeasures and profanities at him but the man left the room with no regards to their opinion. How could he stop him from seeing his brothers? Wasn't this suppose to be a 'home' and not a prison? Alfred gave the boys one last look before following Bruce. Damian slammed his fists on the table.

"This is ALL YOUR FAULT FENTON. IF YOU -"

"DAM-"

"SHUT UP DRAKE! YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE. THIS IS ALL FENTON'S FAULT." Damian stomped out the room. Tim gave Danny a fake simple, trying to find the words that didn't exist.

"I'm sorry Danny." Danny sat alone in the large room, watching the other boy leave. Being left alone was becoming a habit but was it all his fault? If he hadn't stormed out of Dr. Lincoln's office then Jason wouldn't have kidnapped him. If he didn't do that then Dick wouldn't have left his mission ........the more he thought about it, the more convinced he became. It was his fault. He should have never been here. A part of him wanted to run away but the other didn't. How long would he run? Memories of last night flooded his mind. Jason's promise, Dick's outburst, Damian and Tim standing up for him...... He couldn't - No he wouldn't run away anymore. No matter how hard, he would stay and get to know his brother and his brother's brothers. If he ran away then all that would mean nothing. He couldn't hurt the only people who had bothered to care for him in the last six months. They were crazy but it's not like he was any better. He was a Half- Ghost for crying out loud. If not here, he doubted there was any place he could truly be himself. A little therapy couldn't hurt anyone. All he had to do was put on one last act for his brother. 

How hard could it be?

He would be Danny Fenton - He could finally leave behind Danny Phantom and fit in but did he want that?

Did he want to be accepted as Danny Fenton or......... and how was going to see his brother. Danny doubted Bruce would actually keep his word. 

He really had to stop saying 'how hard could it be?' 

Everything in this manor was next to impossible!

A/N:

Like and comment!

Hey guys!

How are you all doing? I hope well. Sorry for the late update (I actually wrote two versions of this chapter and just couldn't decide which to publish). This week had been productive until Friday when I stared watching Superstore on Netflix. I usually don't watch comedy but it was good so why not. Any one watching Wanda Vision? I love the intense scenes; they're a bit freaky but good. 

Also I used a prompt I found on instagram for the phone call with Clark from [ _writing_ideas_ ]. 

Anyways, before the goodbye:

What's you're favorite color? - Mine's orange. 

☠👻☠

Be safe and keep reading!

(Now I'm thinking the other might have been better. Let me know if you didn't like this one so I'll post the other one or I'll recycle it.)

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 998 17
Danny has learned that he's was adopted when he was little. Danny is determined to find who his biological parents are. When he finds out who his rea...
156K 6.2K 53
"He's not your son, Jack! He's ghost scum!" Danny Fenton AKA Danny Phantom is now 12 years old, having done everything in the cartoon except reveal...
1.2K 34 23
Her life was finally looking up, her family accepted her as a hero. She was bringing Hope to Gotham, and even if she didn't know it, was accepted int...
664K 22.8K 52
One fateful day, the friends and family of Danny Fenton are ruthlessly murdered. Danny has no place to call home, so he is forced to go and live with...