IMPERFECTIONS | Pop Smoke

By _GetLo

Lauryn is currently a Senior at Clark Atlanta University who is on track to becoming a nurse. She is very con... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N Random
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Short & Random Photo Dump
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Let me Explainnnn
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
JUSTICE FOR POPPAAAA
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Poppa the Pimp πŸ’€
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
New Book!
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
1 more month
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Thank You!

Chapter 31

4K 203 112
By _GetLo

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╭─────────╮
ʙᴀsʜᴀʀ ᴊᴀᴄᴋsᴏɴ

ʟᴏs ᴀɴɢᴇʟᴇs, ᴄᴀ

╰─────────╯

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I'm not worried about none of that shit. Fuck allat shit son I ain't going no fucking where until I see Lauryn." I said calmly.

"So j-"

"Cancel the shit! Reschedule do whatever the fuck you need to do, are you fucking dumb? You can't hear? Yo get the fuck outta my face you getting me mad tight." I said before walking away from my manager.

Dumb ass kept bugging me about the video shoot talking about a dead line and I don't give a fuck about a dead line.

I'm not going anywhere until I'm walking out of here with Lauryn.

"He doing ight, as good as he can with all this shit." I heard Mike say while I held my head in my hands.

This shit was all my fault.

I could have got in front of her.

I could have left her at my crib.

I could have just let her leave early.

"Does he want to talk?" I heard Mari ask on Mike's phone before there was a pause and I shook my head no.

I don't want to talk to nobody except for my baby girl...

"Nah." Mike said lowly.

"Well if you can hear me Pop just stay strong okay? Des and all of us will be there tomorrow, you know Lauryn is strong she's going to be okay."

She's going to be okay... Stay strong...

That's what everybody kept telling me and wish everybody would just leave me be and stop talking to me.

When we got here I heard the doctor talking about how she lost a lot of blood and they were losing her.

If I lose her...

I won't even think like that.

It was me, Mike, Rah, Fivio, Tjay and my security.

I really just told Mike meet me here but all of them rode with him so they could check on me.

"Yo Pop, you want this shirt?" Chucked asked while he held out a white T-Shirt.

I shook my head no before I heard him sigh and sit a few chairs down from me.

I had blood all on my shit but I didn't care, I wasn't taking it off.

"Lauryn Wilson?" some lady said before we all stood up and walked over.

"Is she good?" I asked quickly while she backed up some.

I mean it was a group of niggas walking up on her all fast, we just wondering what's going on with Lauryn.

"I can only disclose that to i-"

"I'm sorry ma'am but I ain't trying to hear that. That's my lifeline in there I need to know how she is."

"I'm sorry but it's company policy." She said while looking down.

"Fuck man!" Mike yelled while he walked back to his seat.

"Please, her parents are on the way but I just want to give them an update on how she is. They're going crazy, they're coming here from Chicago just please give me something." I begged.

She sighed, "She's...stable. Somehow the bullet missed all of her organs but it did fragment inside of her and we weren't able to remove it all. This may cause some concern down the line. Before she came here she lost a lot of blood too." 

"You need some? Take mine I'll do whatever you need me to do, I-I can give her mine if we a match or whatever and just take however much you need."

"We took care of it sir, she's fine now with her parents or no direct bloodline here we were still able to find out her blood type and give her what she needed. Now we do need to keep her here for a while, she's still unconscious and will be in some pain whenever she wakes." she added as I nodded.

"So she's good? She ain't going to die or nothing?" I asked just to be clear.

"No, she should be fine. All we can do is wait for her to wake up so as long as her body doesn't reject anything that we gave her, everything should be okay."

"Thank you so much, so can I see her?" I asked.

"Not tonight, she really needs to get some undisturbed rest but tomorrow should be fine."

I nodded before she smiled and walked off.

"She good?" Mike asked while him and the guys came around me.

I let them know what the doctor told me as they nodded.

"You staying here?" Chuck asked me.

"Yeah." I replied.

"I can stay here if you need me too, I don't have shit to do and I want to make sure she good, too." Mike said making me feel somewhat better.

He was really my real right hand. 

I smiled some before I shook him up, "Thank you."

The rest of the guys left but gave me their condolences and said they would come back tomorrow.

Considering only Rah had met Lauryn I didn't except them to stay.

I'm gone find out who did this shit.

I don't know if they were aiming at me and accidentally hit Lauryn or meant to hit her but I'm gone find out.

Fuck all this fame and Pop Smoke shit.

I'm bringing the demon back out.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Pop"

"Pop" I heard someone saying while moving my shoulder making my eyes pop open.

"She good? What's wrong?" I yelled while hopping out of the chair seeing Des, Mike, Mari and Zay.

"You can go see her, we just got here and they told us it's okay. We figured you should see her first.

I was nervous, I don't think I can take seeing her in a hospital bed but I need to see her.

I nodded and thanked them before looking at my phone to see it was 8 in the morning.

Meaning I only got 2 hours of sleep, I could not fall asleep at all and it wasn't because of these uncomfortable ass hospital chairs.

If I ain't sleeping with Lauryn then at least I have her side of the bed that smells like her. Just like Whenever she leave I give her one of my shirts or hoodies.

But last night I had nothing.

I couldn't even sleep thinking about all of this shit.

I saw the same doctor from last night and she walked over to me, "You can go see her now, she's still not conscious but she should still be able to hear and see you. Talking with her might aid in her waking up."

"Okay, where is she?"

"I can take you to the room, we're only allowing one visitor at a time so will you be first?" She said while looking behind me and seeing everyone else.

I turned around and they nodded giving us both the okay.

"Okay, follow me." she said as she lead me down the hallway.

"By the way my name is Dr. Matthias, I'm sorry I should have introduced myself last night." She said as she walked next to me, "Is this your girlfriend?" She said as she looked over.

"Yeah she is."

She nodded and after a short elevator ride and more walking we made it to a door and stopped.

"Here she is, stay in there as long as you need to but her other friends probably want to see her as well, best of luck." She smiled before walking away.

I stood there for a second to get myself together.

I took a deep breath and walked in the lowly lit room hearing nothing but the sound of the machines.

All I could do was stand at the doorway and stare at her, my poor baby girl didn't deserve this, she had tubes all over her face and IV's in her arm.

I walked over to grab a chair and pulled it up next to the bed sitting down.

"H-Hey baby." I said weakly smiling, waiting for a response I knew I wasn't getting.

"I'm so sorry this shit happened to you. It should have been me Lauryn you don't deserve this. I wish I could just go back and save you or put myself in your place" I said while taking her hand.

I lightly kissed it while staring at her.

Her eyes were still closed and she still didn't have any signs of life except for hearing her heartbeat in the background.

"You got a nigga crying in the hospital and shit, talking to people crazy." I said laughing some feeling my eyes get cloudy.

I took a deep breath as I felt a tear fall and shook my head.

"I'm gone find out who did this to you I swear I am. On my life I'm going to find out and make em pay mamas."

"I love you so much. I need you to wake up and I need to hear that laugh, see that smile and them pretty ass brown eyes. The doc said you can probably hear me and if you were awake you'd either have a red face or tell me I'm being mushy" I said smiling still staring at her.

I looked at her from her face down to her stomach seeing she had a hospital gown on.

I let her hand go and lightly put my hand over where I remember her being shot at careful not to put pressure on it and feeling some bandaging.

"Allah, I know I've done a lot of wrong but I need you to help Lauryn pull through for me, for her family too. Just wake her up please, she don't deserve to be laying here if anything it should be me." I said while looking up.

I sat there for a minute just looking at her, taking all of her in.

"Baby, I just need some company...

company...

company..."

I sang, "You got to sing our song at least, maybe that'll get you up." I said smiling some.

"Baby, you should let me hold you
Let me be the one to, give you everything you want and need
Baby, good love and protection
I love your imperfections
You are my selection"

"On God." I finished, "And this is where you'd show them pretty ass dimples, cheesing all hard... cause I meant that shit." I continued smiling some and feeling another tear come down.

I quickly wiped my face off before standing up.

"I should uh- let your friends come in now, I love you so much baby." I said before pushing her hair out of the way and giving her a kiss on her forehead.

I held the kiss for a few seconds before standing up straight and looking at her again before walking out.

Making my way back down the hallway, and in the elevator I stood against the rail and replayed the situation in my head again.

Who the fuck could it be?

I had a few mother fuckers who don't like me so I wouldn't know.

Whoever it is is...is gone pay.

I was heading back towards the waiting room before I heard a commotion.

"Where is my daughter! I need to see my fucking daughter where is she!" I heard a man scream.

I got to the waiting room and saw Lauryn's dad trying to get through the hospital security while her mom stood behind him with tears all over her face.

"She can only have 1 visitor at a time sir I'm sorry!" Dr. Matthias said trying to calm him down.

"He can go, my bad I took longer than I th-"

"You" Her dad said trying to charge at me but Chuck grabbed him.

"This is all your fault! You and this gangster rapper lifestyle! We had enough of that shit in Chicago and she met you just to go back to it!"

"You think i did this shit!" I yelled while looking at him, "I wouldn't ever intentionally put Lauryn in no trouble are you deadass right now? I'd put my life on the line for that girl and you want to come at me sideways about it?"

"She shouldn't be around you! Now my princess is laying in a hospital bed trying to wake up because somebody meant to shoot you instead!" He said while looking at me, "Get the hell off of me!" He said snatching his arm away from Chuck before giving me an eye.

"I don't want you around my child ever again, you hear me?"

"David Wilson that is enough!" Lauryn's mom yelled making everyone look at her, "Lauryn is a grown woman, she can date whoever she pleases and you need to STOP blaming this boy for this. Wrong place wrong time, remember that? Huh? Were we not in a similar incident?" She said looking at him.

Similar incident?

Lauryn's dad smacked his lips and shot me a glare before turning and walking out of the waiting room.

I shook my head and sat down in the chair and soon after Lacey, Lauryn's mom, walked over and sat next to me.

"I hope you're not beating yourself up for this Bashar, this is just a case of right place wrong time. Lauryn really loves you she never shuts up about you and I just really need you to know that this is not your fault, okay?" 

I nodded, "I just wish it was me, I should ha-"

"There was nothing you could have done because you didn't know what was going to happen. It's in God's hands and as long as my baby is still breathing then I'm good, my baby is strong. She's going to wake up when she's ready."

Her mom is so strong and level headed so I see where Lauryn gets it from.

"David and I went through this same thing. David is a former gang member and we had an incident where I got shot in the leg while I was out with him. That's why he's so hard on you because he sees himself in you. You see I'm still alive and we both are doing really well."

Her dad was in a gang? Couldn't even tell and I'm usually good at picking that up.

"Now I know you want revenge but you have to think logically. Is that really smart? Is that really the right move? I won't tell you what to do but please just be careful if you decide to do that."

I nodded and she pulled me in a hug.

Lauryn's mom was amazing and I really saw Lauryn in her physically and mentally. 

We hugged for a minute and I felt that tightness in my throat again making me pull away seeing her smiling at me before getting up.

"Let me go check on my husband so we can see our daughter, just keep your head up, okay?"

"Thank you so much Lacey, it means a lot."

She grabbed my hand and held it before walking off.

Now all I can do is wait.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Awww Pop 😭

Y'all still think y'all know who shot Lauryn?

Lauryn's dad really has it out for Pop.

S/N Let me tell y'all bout my morning, cause this was supposed to BEEN published. Fedex was playing with me all morning & I cursed them out on the phone b/c they told me they delivered my package and I didn't see anything. Turns out Im walking around outside and see it at another house. If I was going to have no birthday hair I was going to raise hell y'all omg I was so pissed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 194 11
𝖠 𝖣𝖺𝗏𝖾 π–€π–Ίπ—Œπ— π–₯𝖺𝗇𝖿𝗂𝖼.....................
86.9K 2.1K 28
Just read🀍. -(COMPLETED)- This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual events or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. All righ...
1.1K 70 17
π’”π’•π’‚π’š π’‘π’π’‚π’šπ’Šπ’π’ˆ π’˜π’Šπ’Žπ’Žπ’†... π’π’Šπ’Œπ’† π’Šπ’π’ π’ˆπ’π’• 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’Œπ’†π’š 𝒕𝒐 π’šπ’ 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕
80K 2.7K 47
When two old friends reconcile will there be love or will bitter ex relationships stop them along the way? Follow Aziyah and Travon as the go through...