Us Two And Them

By Peachsk

What happens when a mother and father get a divorce leaving their seven children heart broken and seperated f... More

A/N-Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Authors Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Extra Characters
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chatper 54
Chapter 55
Bonus Chap.1
Bonus Chap.2
Bonus Chap.3
Bonus Chap.4

Chapter 56

19.7K 548 312
By Peachsk

Harlows POV

3 Months Later...

It has been three months, meaning it was now May. I spent the whole of March being treated like a porcelain doll. Moving from a wheelchair to crutches. Physio appointments every week and it didn't help that my brothers made sure I did my exercises and went to the appointments.

A lot has happened in the three months. Birthdays have past by such as Lucas,the twins and even me and Jordan.

Mom ended up being okay. She is back in rehab for the next couple of months. But we have been nothing but supportive to her. Even though she apologised multiple times.

Me and Levi have been going strong. He came over nearly everyday when I was put on bed rest and you bet my brothers made sure the door was kept open all the time.

Couple Of Months Ago..

Levi had came to vist me like the other days. He was sitting on my bed with me, with his arm wrapped around my shoulder as my head laid on his chest. We were just binge watching Netflix.

The door was left open like requested or more like demanded by all of my brothers. Majority rules as they said. They literally took a vote. I could tell Roman was threatened to put up his hand by Xander. By the look he gave him.

Just then Jordan strolled into my room. He didn't say anything, he literally climbed over Levi. Wiggling himself in the middle of us.

"Can I help you?" I asked moving over a bit.

"Just wanted to watch some Netflix with my favourite sister and sister's boyfriend." Jordan smiled getting more comfortable. Levi sighed removing his arm back to his side.

"Jordan I'm your only sister and I don't think you even like Levi." I said eyeing Jordan suspiscialy. Someone had to have told him to come here.

"What can I not just spend time with you guys." Jordan took the popcorn that was on Levi's lap. Putting it on his own lap and stuffing his face.

Present time...

Tomorrow was actually Roman's birthday. During the week I had been getting everything sorted. With a lot of help from Angelo and Lucas.

Roman doesn't like big, extravagent things. So were just keeping it family and friends. It wasn't going to be a party probably more like a gathering.

I had made sure everyone stayed on the down low about it. I just hoped Roman would like it.

The Next Day...

It was Friday morning, Roman owed me one. I literally got put of bed early for this. With the help of Lucas since he is up at the crack of dawn along with Angelo.

We all had gotten up early to set up. Lucas cooked a birthday breakfast along with Angelo, who I never even knew cooked. The twins and Jordan helped me put up the birthday banner. By that I mean the boys did that since Lucas was too scared I would fall off the chair.

Just as I was about to pour some party confetti on the table Lucas turned around to me. Catching me in the act.

"Harlow I swear if you pour that you will be dead." Lucas was dead serious.

"But I'll clean it up." I tried to bargain with Lucas. He raised his eyebrow and let out a small chuckle.

"Harlow you wouldn't clean it up if it was the last thing on Earth." Angelo added laughing. Who asked him?

"I mean your not wrong." I mumbled. I started to tilt my hand a bit.

"Harlow I swear to G__"

"Oops!" I poured the packet of confetti on the counter. Covering my mouth with my hand as if I didn't mean to do it. I tried to not let out a laugh when I saw Lucas face.

Lucas placed down the pan he had in his hand and I took it as the warning to run.

When I started to run out of the kitchen I bumped into the birthday boy.

"Happy Birthday!" I shouted squeezing Roman into a hug. Before he could even react. I heard footsteps behind me and I quickly hid behind Roman. Had he gotten taller?

"What is going on?" Roman asked.

I peeked my head out from the side of Roman. Lucas stood there. His serious expression I just saw less then a minute ago was changed into a bright smile.

"Ah! The Birthday Boy!" Lucas ran up to Roman enclosing him in a hug. I took a step back horrified from how quick he changed moods.

Lucas looked over Roman's shoulder. He used one of his hands pointing to me behind Roman's back. 'Your lucky' he mouthed and I slightly shivered. I gave him a innocent smile patting Lucas on the head by standing on my tippy toes.

I walked back into the kitchen with Lucas and Roman following behind me. When I walked back in presents laid out on the counter. I smiled everything looked perfect.

Roman's POV

Me and Lucas follow Harlow into the kitchen. I can smell the smell of pancakes coming from the kitchen making my mouth water.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Everyone cheered.

I smiled brightly. Looking around the kitchen, a stack of pancakes sat on the table, along with some present bags, a banner hung from the kitchen cabinets saying 'Happy Birthday'.

I nearly blush from being overwhelmed. I haven't had this nice of a birthday in years, well not that I can remember and the day has only begun.

"Well are you just going to stand there or are you going to open your presents?" Xavier saids, a big grin is on his face as he eagerly watches me head over to the presents.

I open the first bag, inside is an apple watch, some new basketball shoes and some more basketball gear.

"That's me and Xanders." Xavier beams. "Open the card. Gowan open it."

I take the card out of the bag. Opening  it which said its usual happy birthday. Have a great day.

"Thanks."

I move to the small white envelope. I rip open the envelope to see three ticket to the next Lakers game. As I'm reading the tickets I notice they are VIP courtside tickets. Probably the most expensive tickets you can buy. Even better probably the best seats.

I have happy tears in my eyes. This probably the best present anyone has ever given me and probably the most expensive.

"Aww he is about to cry."

Next thing I know it I am crushed into a hug by Lucas.

"Its okay baby bro. You don't need to tell me how great my present was. I mean I wouldn't mind hearing it." Lucas cooed. Rocking Roman side to side as they hugged.

"Lucas that present just wasn't only from you." Angelo said from behind Lucas. I could imagine Angelo stood there with his arms crossed.

"Oh hush Angelo." Lucas said waving Angelo off dismissively.

"Don't hush me little brother." Angelo said.

I could hear a few snickers come from infront of me. I knew it was both of the twins.

"Can we hurry this up before the pancakes get cold?" Jordan whined.

"Yeah sorry. Roman here just got caught up in the moment." Lucas dusted himself off, wiping away a stray tear before he turned back around.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I heard Harlow mumble making me snicker.

"Thank you." I went over to Angelo giving him a side hug.

There was a one last bag on the table. I grabbed it, opening it there was a book about clouds, a blanket and some snacks.

"We got you that because we know you love to look up at the clouds." Jordan said and Harlow nodded in agreement.

I smiled hugging the both of them.

"Okay let's eat!"

An hour later,
When they arrive at school....

I walk up to the school entrance. As I walk through the halls to my locker some people are wishing me happy birthday. Some I know and some I don't.

When I get to my locker infront of it stands Summer, Jessica and Harry.

"Happy birthday!" They shout when they see me.

Summer runs up to me hugging me, giving me a small peck on the cheek. "Happy birthday." She whispers. Pulling away smiling.

When I get a better view of my locker there is a small banner going across that reads 'Happy Birthday'. 

"Go open your locker." Jessica said giving me a wink. I walk over to my locker opening it. Getting a suprise when some glitter falls out.

"That was Harry's idea." I hear from behind me. At the bottom of my locker there was a small bag. I take it out and turn around to the group.

"You guys shou__"

"SShh it's something small. Now will you just open it." Harry insists pushing the bag more closer to me.

I open it to see a bunch of jellys, there is a jumper, a picture of us four and lastly a photo of me and Summer.

"Thank you guys. This is__"

"I know were just the best friends ever." Jessica gloats flicking her hair back. I smile.

I laugh. "Can I please finish my sent__"

"Group hug!" She calls out and we all get into a hug.

The bell then goes, I put my present back into my locker.

"Well me and Harry here have biology together so bye." Jessica drags Harry off with her down the hall. Leaving me and Summer alone.

We both had Math together. I grabbed her hand as we walked down the hall.

"Thank you for the presents I love the photo." I looked over to Summer who smiled.

"Harry helped me pick out the jumper." She saids.

"I'm guessing your going to rob it on me." I smirk and she roll her eyes playfully.

"No, you just need to wear it first and then you can give it to me." She smiled innocently.

I laughed shaking my head.

Later that afternoon...

I was currently in the gaming room with Harry, Jessica and Summer. We had been banished up here for some reason.

Right now we were all playing a game of Mario Kart and for Summers first time. Some how she is winning. Beginners luck?

I playfully shove her to take her off the game.

"Hey! No fair I just crashed into a wall! Roman how do you reverse?" Summer whined. I laughed.

"Yes I'm in first!" Harry cheered.

I held out my remote but not taking my eyes off the screen. "Summer press this button."

I saw her nod. I thought it was so cute how her tongue poked out as she was concentrating on the game.

"HA! HA! I WON! YOU LOST!" Harry jumped up cheering. Pointing at Summer who had a small pout on her lips.

"This is your fault Roman." She said crossing her arms.

I put my arm around her shoulder laying my head on her shoulder. "Ah come on Summer. You can't be upset with the birthday boy." I whined looking up at her through my eyelashes.

She playfully rolled her eyes. "Your right I can't." She kissed my forehead.

Just then a knock on the door came. In walked Xavier.

"Can you come downstairs." He smiled.

I nodded my head turning off the Nintendo switch. We followed Lucas to the bottom of the stairs and strangely it was quite the house was never this quite.

I was confused to where Xavier was bringing us as he kept walking outside. Waving at us to continue following him.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

I smiled there was a flickering of an orange light coming out from behind where my family stood infront of me. When they moved out of the way there was a fire pit behind them. Chairs sat around the fire.

"We we wanted to bring you outside and do some s'mores underneath the stars." Jordan smiled.

We all took our seats around the campfire. Levi had also came home with us and so did Bryson. I sat on a chair with Summer. Harry and Jessica sat beside us.

Harlow sat on my otherside with Levi who had his arm wrapped around her. Xander sat across from me his arm around Bryson. Xavier also sat across from us, beside him was Jordan.

Angelo and Lucas had gone back inside for a moment. We just sat in silence listening to the fire crackle infront of us. Enjoying eachothers presence and the night sky.

After a few minutes I noticed Lucas and Angelo walking towards us. Lucas held something glowing. As he got closer I noticed he was holding a cake.

"Happy birthday to you.." Lucas encouraged everyone to sat singing as he got closer to me.

"Happy birthday to Roman,
Happy birthday to you.." They sang.

"Make a wish." Summer said.

I blew out the candles. A few phone light flashes as I blew out the candles.

"Hip! Hip! Hooray!" They cheered.

"I'll bring this back in and cut everyone a slice. If you want one you better come in and get one." Lucas started to walk inside and everyone started to follow him.

I felt someone pull my arm and I looked back to see Harlow.

"Can I talk to you?" She said and I nodded.

"Summer I'll be in a minute." She nodded saying that she would get me a slice.

Harlow walked over to one of the two seater chairs by the fire. She patted the spot beside her. I took the spot beside her.

She sighed.

"Its a gorgeous night out tonight." She smiled looking up at the stars.

"Yeah" I smiled looking up at the stars.

"I have something for you. My last present was just small. But I thought you needed something more special." She smiled looking at me. I turned my head to her.

She pulled out a small wrapped box that sat by her side handing it to me.

I teared away the wrapping paper. Seeing a black velvet box, I opened up the small box seeing a silver ring. I pick it up placing it inbetween my index finger and thumb. It has this sliver square shape on it. I look at it confused. But somehow I recognised this from somewhere.

Harlow reaches to her back pocket pulling out her phone. Turning on her flash and shining it on the ring.

'Us Two And Them' was engraved on the inside of the ring. I traced my finger along the small writing.

"I had it made. Its suppost to be a copy of Moms wedding ring since I couldn't find Callens. So now we both have one, nearly exactly the same." She smiled holding out her hand which had Moms sliver wedding band on.

She took a moment. "You know when I had first saw the engraving I never knew what it meant. I always thought it would have a special meaning that she would understand."

"Then I gave it my...our own meaning behind it."

"And what's that?" I ask.

"Roman it has always been us two. We have been through thick and thin. Now we have them. We have our family. But this ring..these rings are a small symbol of what we use to be." She smiled.

I slid the ring onto my finger. It fit perfectly. Harlow wrapped her arm around me. Leaning her head on my shoulder.

"I love it" I whispered.

I looked at everyone come out of the house with their cake in their hands.

After we finished our slices of cake. Xavier took out the marshmallows. We all sat around the fire pit roasting them. Sitting in comfortable silence.

A smile ached on my face. Today had been perfect.

As I look around at the people who surround me I have never been so grateful for them. They took both me and Harlow out of a dark spot. Our lives changed for the better. I wish I could just freeze this moment and live in it for the rest of my life.

"Family" isn't defined only by last names or by blood; it's defined by commitment and by love. It means showing up when they need it most. It means having each other's backs. It means choosing to love each other even on those days when you struggle to like each other. It means never giving up on each other!

And not once have I seen any of my brothers give up on etheir me or Harlow. They have only ever wanted the best for us ever since we came here. We have both grown since we came here and it will forever warm my heart.

This was our new life. We were surrounded by people who love us. We where we belonged...

THE END...

Whelp this is the last chapter. I made it long and hopefully it was a good ending.

I honestly can't believe this is over. I just want to say a quick thank you for all the support. All the votes and comments ot has honestly warmed my heart.

Don't worry there will be some bonus chapters but I don't know when they will be out.

What did you think of the ending??

Any questions??

For the last time...

Thank you so much for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment...

(Unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 51.3K 36
A socially awkward teenager with a love for weapons must work with her ex-family in order to solve the mystery of her mother's death. ** After the u...
860K 23.3K 77
She lives her life to the fullest as she is love by everyone in her home, where everyone supports and cheers for her. Some things also somewhat make...
12.7K 301 23
Alessia is a 14 year old girl, her whole life she has been protecting her little brother, but one day their mother gets killed and they have to live...
1.3M 30.1K 83
Briella,17, never had a stable family set up. She was left alone by the age of 7, to fend for herself. Her father hated her, abused her for her whole...