Until You're Mine

By writergxrll

Isabella Young packed up her life in the city that never sleeps in an attempt to escape the buzz of New York... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 20

3.5K 111 13
By writergxrll

"Isabella." Demi, the colleague I was talking to just a few hours ago calls my name.

I stand up from the waiting room chair, waiting for any news that can be offered. It's been two hours since Simon and I arrived at the hospital and all we know is that Abi's been rushed into emergency surgery.

"How is she?" I ask, my voice hoarse.

Demi offers me a sympathetic smile. "She's out of surgery, the doctors have managed to stop any further bleeding but she's still unconscious."

"Can we see her?"

Demi nods. "Just give me a few minutes to get her all set up. I'll be back with the room number."

I nod. "Thanks Demi."

Demi gives my arm a reassuring squeeze. "She'll be ok, she's a fighter."

As Demi leaves the room, Simon walks back in. He's using his phone to balance two coffees.

"Thank you." I mumble, and take a small sip once he's handed me the coffee.

"Any updates?" Simon asks, his voice softer than usual.

I shake my head. "Just that she's out of surgery. What about you? Did you hear anything else from the cops?"

"A random shops footage shows the car looking like it looses control."

"What about Hayden? Have you told him?"

Simon sighs, sitting down and rubbing his eyes. "I couldn't get through to him, and I didn't think it would be right to leave a message when he could be half way across the globe."

I nod. "You're probably right. Hopefully we hear from him soon though."

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"Iz." Simons whisper, knocks my eyes away from Abi's bruised face.

"Hm?" I hum, before glancing back towards Abi.

"You've been sitting here for hours, you sure you don't want to go home and get some rest. I can stay here and let you know if anything comes up."

I shake my head. "I'm good."

Simon sighs. "If you won't go home, will you at least stretch your legs."

"If I leave the room for a few minutes will you get off my ass about it?"

Simon shrugs, looking like he's trying to hide a smirk, probably because that sentence was the most words I've said to him since we got in the car to rush to the hospital.

"If you leave the room, then I'll get off your ass for a few hours."

I push up from the seat and give Simon a stern look as I pass him. "Five minutes and I'll be back."

"I'll be counting."

I decide to spend the few minutes that I'm not spending in the room, showering in the staff bathroom. Thankfully I have a spare gym bag in my locker.

After my shower, I put on the white crop top and grey tracksuits. I pull my hair up into a high ponytail and splash my face with some water.

When I push the hospital room door open, Simon offers me a raised eyebrow. "You look chirpier."

I nod. "Who knew what a shower can do for you. I also realised Abi's way too strong to let this stop her. The last thing she would want is for me to be mopping."

"Well I'm glad you've come to that realisation, because I think you're right."

We both glance at the door, when a soft knock draws our attention towards it. Demi let's herself in, now wearing her normal clothes.

"No change?" She asks and I shake my head. "Night staff are finishing up now, and unfortunately I don't think day will be as lenient about letting you two stay here."

"We've got to go?" Simon asks, throwing a wary look in my direction.

"Unfortunately, but you guys can come back at two."

"You don't think I'll get away with it as a staff member?"

"I don't think you'll get away with it because you are a staff member."

I groan. "Sometimes I really do hate this place."

"Which is exactly why the day staff can't wait to see you back here at two on the dot."

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"What did that coffee ever do to you?" Simon asks.

His words snap me out of the daydream I seemed to have been in. "Huh? Oh." I take the spoon, that I've been subconsciously stirring my coffee with, out of my cup.

"So when are you gonna give up?"

I raise my eyebrow. "Give up what?"

"Pretending that you're not barely keeping your eyes open." Simon deadpans. "When was the last time you slept?"

"For a full night? Probably back in Aspen." I give him a sarcastic smile. When Simon gives me a serious look, I sigh. "Isn't it a bit rich of you to be lecturing me about sleep, when you've been sleeping in your car for over a week?"

"Besides the point, I deserve to be sleeping in my car." He crosses his arms. "Why don't you go get some sleep."

"Have you always been this bossy and I'm just noticing now?" I say, as I stand up from my chair. "Fine, I'll go to bed. On one condition."

"And that is?"

"You also haven't slept in twenty-four hours, you need sleep too and in an actual bed."

"I'm good."

"Even a tough guy like you needs sleep." I cross my arms. "You're old room is being used as storage, but I'm sure we're both adult enough to stick to our own sides of the bed."

Simon taps his chin, pairing the action with his 'thinking' expression. "I can try, I guess."

I roll my eyes, having to bite my lip to hide a stupid grin. "You're an idiot."

"Sure I am."

When we get to my room, neither of us bother to get under the duvet. I have my back facing Simon, mainly to keep myself from moving closer.

What's probably only minutes, but feels like a lot longer, of trying to sleep, I whisper. "Have your nightmares gone away?"

The silence that fills the room almost has me convinced that he's not going to answer, but after a few more beats, he sighs. "It's complicated."

"A lot of things are complicated, Simon."

The sound of ruffling sheets tell me that he's already planning his escape, and in an attempt to save whatever communication we have left, I move without thinking so that I'm straddling his waist.

"Don't do this." My tone comes out as a mixture between warning and a plea.

"I'm a fuck up, Isabella. You should let me go."

I shake my head. "You don't have to tell me, but don't go."

There's a glimmer of challenge in his eyes as we maintain eye contact and before I know it we're both leaning in.

Our lips connect in a hot, rushed kiss and straight away Simons biting my lip to gain himself access.

"I won't tell you." He mutters and flips us, so he's on top. "But I will show you how much I missed you."

I grin,tugging his t-shirt up to reveal the hard plane of abs . "Fine by me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

774 133 36
#Note 5 This is going to be our love room, no one else but us comes in,Only one thing happens in here and it's all night long. I know we are married...
22.9K 596 54
The beginning chapters of this story have been revised and rewritten. #2 out of 2.1K stories in secretlove- Oct 12, 2023 #7 in secretlove - Feb 6, 2...
7.6K 216 11
Isabella has spent most of her years away from him. since when did he decide to come back? Rome was the one Isabella was talking about. ever since th...
1.2K 417 50
Some people wait their whole lives to find the perfect friend. But not Isabella Washington. She knew she'd be best friends with Aiden Cunningham the...