Innocent Eyes

By Peachsk

What happens when a young girl too innocent. Loses her mother at a young age. Not being able to understand wh... More

Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Bonus Chapter.1
Bonus Chapter.2
Bonus Chapter.3
Bonus Chapter. 4
Sequel

Chapter 33

9K 320 53
By Peachsk

(A/N- I just want to put a little warning. That something in this chapter may trigger some people so I'm going to put a ⚠️ when it's coming up and a ⚪. When it's over :)

Third Person

Owen didn't say anything on the drive home. He literally rushed everyone into the car without saying a word. Adrenaline ran through his veins, his heart thudded against his ribcage as he rushed to get home. Still being mindful of his family being in the car with him.

Mason noticed Owen's distress as he drived. When they would stop at a red light and Owen would tap the steering wheel impatiently.

"Owen what's going on?" Mason asked. He was worried because whoever rang Owen clearly said something important.

Owen didn't answer he just concentrated on the road. Noah didn't dare butt in. He didn't want to annoy Owen any further or Mason.

His hand was overstretched over Cameron. As she played with his fingers. To her it was a distraction but to Noah he was afraid his brother would crash.

After about five minutes Owen pulled up outside their house. Not even bothering to park in the driveway.

Owen got out of the car quickly heading over to the woman who stood by Robert. Who was laying down on the step of the doorway. Blood leaked from his head.

Mason turned around to Noah. "Stay here with Cam. Until I find out what's going on."

Noah nodded in understandment. As Mason quickly followed up to Owen. His eyes widened when he saw what the rush was.

"Have you called the ambulance?" Mason asked the woman.

She nodded her head. "They should be here any minute."

"What happened?" Mason watched as Owen crouched down to see if he still had a pulse.

"I was going into my own house when I saw him faint. Then I quickly rushed over and called the ambulance then you." The woman rushed out. You could tell she was nervous by the way her hands shook.

"Mason go inside and get a damp clot for his head." Owen ordered holding out the house keys. Mason nodded taking the keys from Owen. Stepping over Robert's body. As he opened the door.

Mason rushed into the kitchen grabbing a tea towel pouring cold water on it. He then rushed back out handing the cloth to Owen. Who placed it on Robert's head.

Just then a ambulance appeared. The noise and flashing lights caught Cameron's attention. She pressed her face up against the glass watching the two medics rush into the garden. Noah was just as curious watching as much as he could see.

The medics checked his vitals, then they moved him onto a stretcher. Rushing him into the ambulance.

"One of you can ride in the ambulance." One of the medics said to Owen and Mason.

"You go." Mason said and Owen nodded.

"Stay here I'll keep you updated." Owen said.

"Owen we all need to go this is our Dad." Mason grabbed his arm stopping Owen from walking any further.

"Mason stay here. You can come up later. The hospital is not good for a child." Owen said his voice in full seriousness.

Mason let out a sigh giving him a hestitant nod. He let go of his arm. Owen rushed into the back of the ambulance and then it drove off.

"Thank you for ringing us." Mason gave the woman a small smile and she nodded her head going her own way.

Mason moved to the car taking out Cameron.

"That was soooooo cool!" Cameron grinned widely. Mason gave her a small smile. He couldn't blame her she was too young to understand the seriousness of the situation.

Noah got out of the car with his and Cameron's bag. When they got inside Mason let Cameron down to let her run off.

Noah sighed putting the bags on the floor. "What happened Mase?"

Mason turned around to Noah. "It was Robert. He had fainted on the door step." Mason sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.

Noah made an 'O' shape with his mouth.

It had been about two hours since Owen had arrived at the hospital. Robert was rushed into the hospital. He was told to wait in the waiting room until they had the doctors had full accessed the situation. Also they were waiting for him to wake up.

Owen held his head in his hands. He didn't understand what was going on. He wondered why Robert had visited in the first place.

"Is there any family of Robert Davis here?" A nurse called out.

Owen lifted his head up. Standing up, "Yeah I'm his son." He walked over to the nurse. She had a sympathetic smile on her lips.

"He has just woken up if you want to vist him. The doctor wants to talk to both of you." The nurse said and Owen nodded his head. Following behind the nurse as she led him to the hospital room.

When Owen entered the room, Robert laid slightly sitting up. A monitor and IV was connected to him. Roberts head snapped to Owen when he walked. He was surprised to say the least.

Owen gave him a small smile sitting in the vistors chair beside the bed.

"What happened?" Robert asked.

"You fainted outside of my house. One of our neighbours found you." Owen said slowly watching Robert's reaction. Robert slowly nodded his head.

Just then a knock on the door came and in walked a doctor. He gave the two men a short smile.

The doctor took a deep breath. Letting the clipboard hang from his hands. "My name is Dr.Cater. I have looked over Roberts file. You have a concussion from hitting your head on the ground." The doctor took a second.

⚠️

"I'm sorry to inform you Robert but your lung cancer has gotten worse. We would like to keep you in here so we can keep an eye since we don't know how long you have exactly left. We still need to do inspection." Dr. Carter said. Owen was shocked, he felt as if he had been hit by a bus.

The man who was his father had cancer and they didn't know how long he had left. Tears brimmed Owen's eyes making them cloud.

"I'll leave and let you digest the news. But if you have any questions please don't be afraid to contact me." The doctor gave a small smile exiting the room.

Robert was taken back by the news. He looked over to Owen and right then and there he saw the vunerable little boy who he raised. Robert reached out to Owen's hand giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Owen?"

Owen seemed to snap out of his trance. He looked to Robert. His dad.

"I want you to promise me something."

Owen nodded.

"I don't want you to cry. I don't want this to be sad. Please I don't want your last memories spent with me is to be crying. Please."

Owen wiped his eyes and gave Robert a small smile. No matter how bad his heart hurt. Right in that bed was his dad and some how he had to figure put how to tell his brothers.

Owen thought for a moment and then cleared his throat. "Cameron needs to know who you are."

Robert looked at Owen suprised maybe he would get one of his last wishes.

"Are you sure?" Robert asked.

Owen nodded. "She needs a chance to get to know her Dad properly."

Owen leaned over and hugged Robert. Something he hadn't done in a long time.

There we go Chapter 33...

So this chapter was a bit deep and I am literally choking on my tears here. But next chapter Owen will tell his family the news.

Also this book is almost over sadly because I know how I want my ending to go. But I need to get your opinion do you think I should end it yet?

What did you think of the news??

How do you think the family will react??

Any theories??

Any suggestions??

Any questions??

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment...

(Unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 9.1K 11
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
21K 529 21
Amaury Clermont is a young doctor who quickly rose to success in matters of 7 years, with fame, glory, ambition, charismatic, and women, what could g...
6.2K 253 19
Warning: Might want some issues on chapter 3. Books 2. Connected to Found. I suggest you read Found first because then you'll just get confused. Cred...
Pretend By Ela

Teen Fiction

267K 7.4K 28
[[COMPLETED]] Let's pretend to be okay. Let's pretend that the pain's not there. Let's pretend we're not hurt. Let's pretend. *** Samantha Lydia Ston...