Forget-Me-Not {Harry Potter}

By tinydancer2883

Vena isn't a selfish person. Everything she does is for her brother, her family, and the expectations of ever... More

Introduction and Cast
Playlist
Important!
Prologue
Part I
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Part II
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Part III
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Sixty Three
Sixty Four
Sixty Five
Sixty Six
Sixty Seven
Sixty Eight
Sixty Nine
Seventy
Seventy One
Seventy Two
5 Years Later
100k!
Self Promo?

Thirty Three

10.7K 396 113
By tinydancer2883

-Kiwi-

-such a pretty face on a pretty neck-

-she's driving me crazy-

When Saturday arrived, Vena got ready for Quidditch tryouts. She missed wearing her uniform, and smiled when she saw herself in the mirror. Putting on her uniform was like greeting an old friend.

She was grateful that she had decided to bring her broom to school, because she did not want to have to go through the process of ordering one. Vena could've asked her mother to send it, but she doesn't like the idea of Death Eaters or Aunt Bella reading that Vena requested a broom.

For most Pure-blood families, they believed that Quidditch was a men's sport. Women were not to participate in Quidditch, as it was more masculine and unattractive.

Thankfully, her father disregarded this, and wanted Vena to be amazing at everything. Being a Quidditch fanatic, her father was not going to allow his own daughter to not become a good player.

When the twins were younger, her father would spend time in the backyard teaching her and Draco various Quidditch moves while her mother worried dotingly from the gazebo.

She smiled as she recalled the great memories of learning how to play Quidditch when she was younger. Vena knew that she was not going to become a professional Quidditch player. She knew that she wasn't good enough.

But Quidditch made her happy.

Her happiness soon vanished when greeted by her brother in the Great Hall. Vena was innocently eating her porridge, when the slam of pale hands startled her.

"Why are you playing Quidditch?" He demanded.

Vena rolled her eyes. "Calm down Draco, you're acting as if I killed your puppy or something."

He glared at her.

"I'm playing because it's fun. As you know, this might be my last year on the face of the planet," she said, whispering the last sentence harshly.

Draco flinched. "You know I'm working on it. I won't let you die,' he whispered.

Vena smiled half heartedly at her brother. She ruffled his hair, in order to create a rise out of him. "I know, Draco. I do believe you will get the job done. But I still want to do what makes me happy. If there is a slim chance that something may happen to me, I want to die knowing that I spent my last year here happy."

Her brother nodded, before leaning over the table. "Have you found the spell yet?"

She shook her head. "No, but I did find a book that I think contains it. It's called Transporting Objects and their Purposes. Quite informative, if you ask me. I'll finish reading it over tonight."

He smiled, stole a green apple off the table, and left the hall.

Vena frowned at his quick change in emotions, but brushed it off to his usual dramatics. Vena shrugged to herself and finished the last few bites of her breakfast, and headed to the pitch.

When Vena got there, she thought there had to be some mistake. She was stunned at the amount of students that were trying out. She knew for a fact that a third of them were in Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, most likely wanting a chance to see the Chosen One up close. It wasn't just those trying out though, there was a rather large audience sitting in the Quidditch stands.

Vena walked over to stand near Ron and Ginny, the latter who smiled at her warmly, while the former looked like he was going to vomit.

"What's wrong with him?" She asked, looking pointedly at Ron.

Ginny rolled her eyes. "He's being dramatic. He thinks that he's not going to make it, even though his best friend is the Captain."

"I told Harry to not pick me just because I'm his friend!" Ron said angrily.

"Then stop being such an arse about it. Just don't suck," the redhead supplied.

Vena smirked at the sibling's bickering. It was extremely similar to her and Draco's conversations.

She observed the players, trying to get a better read on them. She was glancing over the seventh years standing together, before she groaned loudly.

"What is it, Vena?" Ginny asked.

Vena huffed before pointing to a seventh year, who was smirking arrogantly. "Cormac McLaggen. I can't believe he's trying out. He's a pig."

Ginny smiled amusedly at her. "Why? Has he done something with you?"

Vena just rolled her eyes. "He tried asking me out to Hogsmeade for Valentine's Day last year. He kept coming up to me in the corridors and in the library before me and my brother threatened to hex him if he didn't stop. He got the message eventually."

Ginny laughed brightly, before flying up in the air for the Chaser tryouts.

Vena already knew Ginny was good, proving to be a good replacement for Harry last term. However, seeing her play Chaser was something that rivaled the professionals. She was seriously amazing.

Katie Bell was amazing as usual, which wasn't shocking to Vena. She had been on the team since her second year, so it was no question that she was going to be chose.

Another girl had caught her eye. She was younger, probably third or fourth year, but she was very fast. Her black hair was flying behind her in the wind, and she had natural talent.

Harry would have to be dumb if he didn't pick that girl to be on the team. She was the only one who could almost keep up with Ginny and Katie.

After the last round of Chasers completed their tryout, Ginny, Katie Bell, and the girl that had caught Vena's eye, Dezmela Robbins, were chosen as Chasers. She was extremely pleased that she had guessed correctly for who would be on the team.

Next, to get the last chunk of people out of the way, Beater tryouts were next.Vena didn't necessarily care who her partner was, she just hoped it wasn't Andrew Kirke. He was bloody terrible.

She looked at the other players that were in the air, and none of them particularly stood out to her. She hoped it wasn't too rude of her that she had the biggest smile on her face when finding out that Andrew had not bothered to try out.

Harry released the Bludgers, and the students got to work. Vena flew around the pitch, waiting for the Bludgers to come to her.

One fast Bludger almost knocked her off the broom, but not before Vena hit it in the direction of another player. She missed the air blowing around her, and the distinct smell the pitch had.

Vena grinned happily as another Bludger came her way, which she once again aimed to hit a fourth year.

A third year moved in front of the Bludger, and hit it towards Harry, which ended up hitting him in the head. Vena giggled, and flew around the pitch once more.

She had to admit, even though he probably wasn't aiming for Harry, he at least managed to hit a target. Some of the kids trying out had horrible hand-eye coordination, and could barely hold the bat. the third year was definitely the best choice out of all the others.

The group of Beaters ended up playing for around thirty minutes, before Harry finally called them down.

Harry looked at the group of Beaters before looking down at his clipboard again. "I've decided that the Beaters are going to be Vena Malfoy and Justin Peakes."

The other Beaters groaned, while Vena cheered internally. She was excited to work with Justin Peakes, as he had some potential.

Justin turned out to be the third year who hit Harry in the head, which meant that she had successfully predicted the team so far.

Her and the other Beaters exited the pitch. Last night, Harry had told her that he wanted to save keeper tryouts for last, hoping that everyone would leave so Ron wouldn't get nervous.

That was no longer an option.

Everyone that had been denied at tryouts stayed behind to continue watching tryouts. In addition to them, there were other students who hadn't tried out at all but wanted to watch as well.

Deciding that she didn't want to miss out on the tryouts, she walked with the rest of the Beaters to the stands. She needed to make sure that Ron was chosen as Keeper instead of McLaggen.

The stands were packed, and there weren't that many open spaces. She found an empty space behind Hermione, and Vena decided that was her best bet.

It was either that or sitting next to giggling third years, and Hermione was by far the better choice.

She sat behind Hermione, and saw Ron and McLaggen on opposite sides of the pitch. Harry made the three Chasers stay so they could take their shots at the Keepers.

Vena hoped that Ron had miraculously gotten better over the summer, or else she would be doomed to spend her time with McLaggen.

"McLaggen better not make the team," she grumbled to herself.

She obviously wasn't as quiet as she thought, because she heard Hermione laugh before turning to her.

"You don't like him?" Hermione asked, still laughing.

Vena rolled her eyes, before explaining the events from last year. By the end of her story, Vena found herself sitting next to Hermione, rather than behind her.

Hermione smiled, before looking back at the pitch. "It's alright. I'm not too keen on Cormac joining the team either. Ron would work much better with you lot anyway. Something tells me that Cormac isn't exactly a team player."

Venae nodded, and continued to watch the tryouts. Hermione turned over her shoulder, and leaned towards her. She covered her hand over her mouth, as if she were telling a secret. "Confundus," she whispered.

At her spell, McLaggen's broom swerved to the side, as if it were controlled by someone else.

Vena turned to the girl, stunned. "Did you just do what I think you did?"

Hermione just smiled suggestively, before turning back to the pitch. "I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about."

Vena tried to hide her smile when she saw that Hermione was blushing. In the end, Ron was chosen as Keeper, rightfully so.

_______________

That night in the common room Harry and Vena were in a great mood. The Quidditch tryouts had made the both of them exceptionally happy, especially once they assembled their team.

She was grateful that Harry had asked her if she was trying out. if he hadn't, Vena probably wouldn't of been strong enough to tryout. This year seemed to be a hard time for Vena to do things for herself.

She put her brother before herself, but she also hated letting people down. And she reasoned that if she didn't play, Harry would've been disappointed.

She hated disappointing people.

Vena no longer sat in her usual armchair, but beside Harry on the sofa. The two were discussing the new team members and what they should go over during their first practice.

But as the two were thinking about different plays, Vena felt her mind wandering. She couldn't help but think back to when Hermione had blushed and cheered for Ron.

She recognized the look in Hermione's eyes when she looked at Ron. Vena could recognize it because she saw it in herself.

"Does Hermione fancy Ron?" Vena asked Harry curiously. She couldn't help it. She thinks that now her and Draco no longer talked to Stella, Vena was in the mood for meddling with people's relationships.

She could've figured out who Blaise fancied, but that boy was unreadable. It was impossible with him.

The boy just smiled and laughed. "Glad to know someone else noticed. The two argue like a married couple. They have been since first year. I think Hermione is just now realizing her feelings for him. Ron, on the other hand, still has no clue why he feels jealous whenever a boy so much looks at Hermione."

Vena laughed. "You know, Hermione confounded McLaggen today at tryouts. That's why his broom went haywire at the last goal."

Harry turned to her, his jaw dropped. "No way."

"Yep."

"Wow," Harry said, raising his eyebrows, most likely replaying the Keeper tryouts in his mind.

"Do you think those two will ever admit their feelings?" She asked him.

"I think they are just afraid what might happen if they do."

"Well, they shouldn't be afraid. If they want it, they should do something about it."

Harry looked at her, with that look in his eyes. Vena recalled how last year she hated it. It annoyed her, how she couldn't read his expression.

But now it didn't bug her as much. She didn't need to know what he meant by having that look in his eyes. But seeing it made her heart flutter.

"There are many things they should be afraid of. How are they supposed to know if that's what the other person wants?" He asked, his adam's apple bobbing up and down as he swallowed thickly.

"Even if they don't know what the other person wants, they should do it anyway. It's okay to be selfish about these kinds of things," she said, her gaze dropping to his lips.

"I think they should be selfish," he said.

"Yeah, me too."

The two fell silent, and Vena didn't know who they were even talking about anymore. Because it certainly wasn't about Ron and Hermione.

______________

AN:

Idk but I feel like half of the songs don't even go that well with the chapters lmao. I hit 200 votes tho I can't believe it thank y'all sm!!! Now we're really getting into the good stuff with Harry and Vena. Also, idk if u guys read dramonie fics, but I'm literally obsessed with them and now some of my favorite fics got removed from Wattpad it was like inappropriate or something. Bm/ms, all of Ada_p_rix work, and even golden boy aren't on Wattpad anymore cuz their sex scenes were too crazy for some people ig. But it makes me so upset cuz I love them so much and after reading in Wattpad for a while ao3 print is too small for me. It also kinda makes me nervous that if I write a smut fic and it blows up then it'll get taken down. Idc that much tho I'm still gonna write it

-M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 100 37
Yn Malfoy is draco Malfoy's sister and she is coming to Hogwarts but she is different she has a secret that can get people killed and she gets take...
8.5K 120 18
The Malfoy's daughter is unappreciated and sent away as much as possible. She spent lots of time with her aunt Bellatrix, but not even Bellatrix like...
296K 12.8K 119
A tale of when love meets prejudice... COMPLETED Auriga Delphini Narcissa Malfoy is perfect. She is everything any reasonable Pureblood would want in...
619K 18.1K 97
ETHALINE FLORENCE MALFOY, twin of Draco Malfoy and the second choice finds comfort in a certain raven haired boy the Malfoy family despises after De...