I Miss You (Klaus Mikaelson)

By Floyd__

She was the angel in his nightmare, the angelic face of Klaus' one true love, ripped away from him countless... More

01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
Author's Note
28. AU
29. AU
Epilogue. AU

21.

22.1K 500 220
By Floyd__

Layla woke up with two strong arms wrapped around her waist. She smiled as images of last night flashed through her mind. She looked over her shoulder to see Klaus fast asleep, light snores coming from his lips. She turned around so she could face him, and placed a small kiss on his check. Klaus smiled as his eyes fluttered open. Layla's heart raced by the way he looked at her. She was the only thing that he could see.

"Good morning, love," Klaus greeted her with his raspy morning voice and a smile.

Layla wrapped her arms around his neck, pecking his lips, "Good morning." Layla got up, putting on her remaing clothes from last night.

"Where are you going?" Klaus asked her.

"Damon and Elena asked me if I would go talk to them, they said it was important," Layla shrugged.

Klaus smirked, "I was hoping we could stay here all day."

Layla smiled at him, before walking over to the bed, "We are in a house full of vampire and your witch mother, they can hear us."

Klaus grinned, "I don't care, as long as I have you."

Layla smiled before smashing her lips onto his once more, "I have to go."

Klaus frowned, "I'll show you out."
***********
Layla walked back into the Salvatore house, she was lucky enough to dodge the Original family, more specifically Kol. Layla sat on the couch, flipping through a magazine that was laying on the table. She was interrupted by voices descending the stairs.

"So, let's not make a big deal out of this," a familiar female voice said.

"My thoughts exactly," Damon responded, walking down with Rebekah, his shirt off.

Layla starred at them, "You two?"

"Layla..."Damon drew out, "Can you forget about this?"

Layla ignored her, looking at her friend, "Anyone in Mystic Falls and you picked him?"

"I was upset," Rebekah sighed.

Layla shook her head and gazed back down at the magazine, "Let's just hope Elena doesn't find out."

Damn scoffed, going to the door, "She won't, and you won't tell her" he opened the door to reveal Elena, standing outside, ready to knock.

Layla chuckled, "I don't have to."

Elena looked between Damon Dan Rebekah, shocked,of the scene being unfolded in front of her. Rebekah smirked before waving goodbye, leaving the home.

"Did you stop taking your vervain?" Elena asked.

"You think Rebekah had to compel me?" Damon asked.

"What's wrong with you?" Elena questioned, "She tried to kill me less than forty eight hours ago."

"Not everything is always about you," Layla mumbled from the couch.

"Can we just move pass that, Elena?" Damon groaned.

Elena glared at Damon as he poured himself a drink, "So is that how it's going to be now? I hurt your feelings and this is how you lash out at me?"

Damon took a sip of his drink, before speaking, "Well, maybe, for once, something I did had nothing to do with you."

"You should know that Esther is planning on killing her entire family," Elena said, making Layla perk up, "She's linked them all together with a spell. Whatever happens to one, happens to all of them," Elena said, seeming guilty about her part in it.

Layla stood up angered, "What?"

"Well, that's great!" Damon said, ignoring her, "Klaus will finally be dead. We win." He looked over to Layla, "Why do you look like someone just shot a panda bear?"

Layla opened her mouth to speak, but Elena cut her off, "Where were you last night? I didn't see you go home."

Layla looked down at her feet, her friends were going to hate her after what her and Klaus did last night. "I was with Klaus," she mumbled.

Damon slammed his glass on the table, "You were with Klaus?!"

Layla nodded, slightly, unable to speak before Damon had her against the wall. "You're a liability now, Layla," Damon told her.

"Damon stop!" Elena yelled from the other side of the room.

Layla struggled under his strength, it was becoming harder for her to breath under his tight grip. "Damon...I'm sorry," she choked out.

Damon looked back at Elena, "You know what Esther is planning. We can't trust you."

Elena nodded slightly and Damon released his grip around Layla's neck. She fell to the ground, taking in deep breaths. Before she could say anymore, Damon threw her over his shoulder, taking her to the basement.

"What are you doing?" Layla asked, suddenly scared of him.

"We can't let you do anything to mess this up," Damon told her, as he carelessly through her in to the cellar. He shut the door behind him, making sure she couldn't get out. "I'll come back and check on you later," he told her before leaving.

"Damon!" Layla yelled, pounding on the door, "You can't do this to me! You can't!"

There was no response back. Layla curled in a ball, her tears freely flowing. How could her friends do this to her? They were suppose to be her friends and support her no matter what. All she could feel was betrayal, but she knew Klaus would be looking for her soon,
************
Elijah was walking around the study of the Mikaelson Manor, rubbing burnt safe in his fingers. Rebekah walked in, gaining the attention of her three brother in the room. Kol immediately rushed in front of her.

"Well, well, well, there's our girl," Kol smirked.

She scowled at him, "Get out of my way, Kol."

Out all night. What a scandal!" Kol teased, "I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it?"

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth," Rebekah threatened her.

Rebekah caught sight of Klaus grinning, "Don't start, Nik!"

Klaus looked up innocently from his sketch pad, "I didn't say anything."

Kol sighed, before throwing himself onto the sofa beside Klaus, "I'm bored," he whined, "Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment."

"What are you waiting for?" Klaus asked, "Go on, have at it."

"It's not fun to go alone," Kol stated, "Join me, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart."

Klaus grinned, "Okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date."

"Or sleep for that matter," Kol smirked, "The whole bloody house could hear you and Layla."

Klaus rolled his eyes at his brother before standing up. Kol followed him, as they headed for the front door.

"Yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around it in," Rebekah sighed.

Kol popped his head in the door before leaving, "Just like you, Bekah."

Rebekah glared at her brother before throwing her shoe at him, "Good riddance, both of you!"

"Rebekah," Elijah said, entering the room, burnt sage in hand.

Rebekah groaned, "Not you too, Elijah."

"I'm worried about mother," Elijah said, "Have you not noticed her strange behavior?"

"She's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her?"

"Burnt sage," Elijah said, holding it out for her. Rebekah took it, inspecting, "She was doing a privacy spell."

"You know she fancies such things," Rebekah shrugged, "Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her."

"I don't trust, Finn. He hates what we are, he always has."

Rebekah sighed, "That's not true. And as for mother, she returned for one reason, to make our family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?"
***************
There was a knock at the Gilbert door. Elena walked Dow the stairs to open it. When she did, she saw Elijah standing outside. She gasped at the Original vampire standing outside of her him.

"Elena," Elijah greeted.

"Elijah," Elena slightly smiled.

"I don't mean to intrude. I was hoping you might accompany me," Elijah told her, "I want to show you something."
*****************
Elena and Elijah exited his car, reaching the meadow. A place his whole family loved. Elijah inhaled deeply, taking the sweet sent of his childhood.

"Forgot how much I missed this land," Elijah commented.

"I can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago," Elena said.

"You know, your school was built over an Indian village. Where I saw my first werewolf. The town square was where the natives would gather to worship," Elijah told her, "Matter of fact, near that, there was a field where wild horses use to graze."

Elena sighed, "That's incredible."

"Come," Elijah told her, motioning her over it him.

"Do you know this place too?" she asked.

Elijah nodded, "I do. Below us is a cavern I use to play in as a boy. Connects to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area. Perhaps it's nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the full moon. My mother said there must be a balance."

Elena looked at him nervous, "Elijah, I should probably go home."

"I admire you, Elena. You remind me of qualities I valued long before my mother turned us," he looked away shamed, "It's not in your nature to be deceitful and yet when I asked about your meeting with my mother the other night, you lied to my face."

She shook her head, "That's not true. I told you that all your mother wanted was a new start."

"I can hear you heartbeat. It jumps when you're being dishonest with me," Elijah said, "You lied to me at the ball, you are lying to me now. Tell me the truth."

Elena shook her head, "I never wanted this to happen."

"What, Elena?"

She sighed, "We were told that whatever was going to be in that coffin was going to kill Klaus. When we found out that it was your mother.... " she shrugged, "We didn't know what to think."

"Since her return she says she only wants this family whole again," Elijah said sadly.

"When she asked to see me, I..." Elena stutters, "I thought that maybe she could help. That she would find a way to kill Klaus. It's not just Klaus that she wants to kill."

"She wants to kill us all, doesn't she?" Elijah asked, "She wants to undo the evil she created."

I'm so sorry, Elijah," Elena said with guilt rising in her voice, "I wish there was something I could do to help."

"You know, one thing I've learned on my time on this Earth..." Elijah said, "Be careful what you wish for."

Elijah broke a hole into the ground and grabbed Elena. He jumped down the hole, with her in his arms.
************
Alaric sat back down at the bar, after getting off the phone with Damon. He was worried about Elena being missing.

"Sorry about that," he told Meredith.

"Does he still think I'm a serial killer?" Meredith asked.

Alaric sighed, "He's a little judgmental."

"Speaking of. Your x-rays were inconclusive. Your knife wound was already semi-healed. It's impossible to tell anything about whoever stabbed you. Short, tall. Left-handed, right-handed. No clue," Meredith sighed.

"Well, what about my head?" Alaric asked, "Why can't I remember anything about the attack?"

"Your CT scans were clear," she told him, "Maybe you were compelled to forget."

"Wait... you think the killer's a... a vampire?"

Meredith shrugged, "There are no other suspects. It's the obvious conclusion."

Klaus and Kol walked up to the bar next to them, interrupting there conversation. "Oh come on now. Let's not go blaming the new family in town just because you lot have got yourselves a killer at large," Klaus smirked, waving his hands in front of his face, "Don't mind us. My brother and I are just here to let off some steam, right Kol?"

Kol smirked, "Right."
***************
Stefan entered the Salvatore house and sighed, "I can't find her anywhere."

He walked into the living room, seeing Elijah sitting by the fire, talking to Damon.

"Hello, Stefan," Elijah greeted.

Damon glared at Elijah, "He has Elena."

"Actually, she's with Rebekah," Elijah told the brothers, "As you can imagine, my sister is just dying to tear her throat out. So... if you want to save Elena's life, I need you to help me stop my mother."

"I'm a little embarrassed to admit, but when it comes to killing thousand year old resurrected witches, I'm a little rusty."

"Yes, unfortunately, even when killed my mother doesn't seem to want to stay dead. Not with the spirits of nature at her side," Elijah said.

"So, what are we supposed to do?" Stefan asked.

"The witches that released my mother, she's drawing her power from their bloodline, that line needs to be broken," Elijah said.

"Broken?"

"Yeah, he means," Damon said as he made a cutting motion with his finger over his neck.

"You want us to kill them," Stefan said.

"You know I'd do it myself, but I have absolutely no idea where they are. Besides, seeing me, they'd immediately know my intent," Elijah said, "They won't expect to be harm by the likes of you. In any case, you have until six minutes after nine to find them."

"Oh, how super specific of you," Damon rolled his eyes.

"By 9:07, the moon will be full, my mother will have the power she needs to kill me and my family. If you do not stop her before then, Rebekah will kill Elena. So we all have our timeline? I suggest you get started," Elijah said before standing up. He went to the door and paused, "Where is Layla?"

Stefan looked at Damon, "I don't know."

Elijah looked at the two brothers, before racing to the cellar, where he was hearing the cries for help. When he got there, he saw Layla sitting in the cellar. Elijah threw the door opened as Damon and Stefan entered the basement. Elijah broke a piece of wood off of a piece of furniture, making a makeshift stake.

"I suggest you stay back, or you will find this in one of you hearts," Elijah said as he picked Layla up.

Layla smirked at Damon before giving him the finger. Elijah rushed her outside of the Salvatore house, free from the prison they put her in.
**************
Layla entered the Grill. She instantly spotted Klaus, gaining butterflies in her stomach. But she had to push them down, she had to tell him about his mother's plan to kill them. Layla couldn't let him die, not even if it could save herself, she loved him.

Layla walked up to them, taking a seat next to Klaus. He instantly smiled at the sight of her. He pecked her on the cheek, but Layla pulled back quickly, "Klaus I have to tell you something."

"What is it love?" he asked.

Layla sighed, "It's your mother, she is planning to-" she managed to get out before blood started rushing from her nose. Her body felt as if it was on fire, burning ever so slowly.

Klaus placed a hand on her back, "Love, what is wrong?"

Layla was unable to talk, as she coughed up blood. She looked over to see Alaric dragging Kol out. "Klaus, Kol," Layla choked out.

He looked over to see his brother being carried out. He stood up put got a sudden pain in his heart. He placed his hand over it, before picking Layla up and carrying her out of the Grill. It scared the hell out of him to see her like this. All the times he watched her die, he can't help but to be cautious. Especially with her, his one true love.

"I should have killed you months ago," Klaus growled at Damon.

Damon scoffed, "Do it. It's not going to stop Esther from killing you."

"What did you say about my mother?" Klaus asked.

"You didn't know I was friends with your mummy?" Damon asked, "Yeah, we have a lot in common. She hates you as much as I do."

Klaus placed Layla on the ground. He was about to attack Damon, but Elijah appeared to stop him.

"Leave him! We still need them, Niklaus," Elijah said.

Klaus turned to face Layla, who was still coughing up blood, "What did mother do? What did she do, Elijah?" he asked, "Why is Layla effected?"

Elijah ignored him and walked toward Damon holding a phone out. "You tell me where the witches are or I'll have my sister kill Elena right now."

"You told me we had until after nine," Damon said in disbelief.

"I'm sure Rebekah will be more than happy to start her work early," Elijah said.

Layla coughed again, gaining attention for Damon. By this time her front was covered by blood, by the constant rush coming from her nose and mouth. She leaned against the wall, wheezing for air.

"What's wrong with her?" Damon asked.

Klaus glared at him, "I don't know, that is why you need to tell us where they are."

Damon looked at Layla with sympathy. He hated to see his friend like this, "The witch house."
*************
Finn looked around, he sensed someone coming. "They're coming, Mother!"

Esther shook her head, "No, it's too soon, the moon is not high enough," she turned to Bonnie and Abbym "Go! Quickly!"

Bonnie and Abby retreated back into the houses the Mikaelson brother's walked to there mother. Layla in Klaus' arms, cuddled into his chest. Elijah and Kol behind him.

"My sons, come forward," Esther called out to them.

"Stay beside me, Mother," Finn told her.

"It's okay," Esther told him, "They can't enter."

"That's lovely. We're stuck out here, while the favorite son plays sacrificial lamb," Kol growled, "How pathetic you are, Finn."

"Be quiet, Kol. Your brother knows virtue you cannot even imagine," Esther snapped.

"Whatever you think of us, killing your own children will be an atrocity," Elijah said.

"My only regret is that I did not let you die a thousand years ago," Esther said.

"Enough. All this talk is boring me," Klaus said, "End this now, Mother, or I'll send you back to Hell."

"For a thousand years, I've been forced to watch you. Felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood. Even you, Elijah, with your claim to nobility, you're no better. All of you, " Esther said, "You're a curse on this Earth. Stretched out over generations. If you've come to plead for your life, I'm sorry, you've wasted your time."

"What about Layla?" Klaus asked.

"She will die, along with the rest of you," Esther said causing Klaus to panic, "The magic is working, she is human, she is weaker."

"It's your fault there are vampires," Layla told Esther, "It's your fault that I am here. You can't undo what has already been done."

Esther looked at her furious. Then suddenly her face drained of color, "No! Sisters! Do not abandon me!"

"Mother!" Finn yelled out. He grabbed her and they disappeared into the night. The touches flared up and then died out. Klaus, Kol, and Elijah looked around in shock.

Layla inhaled deeply. She was able to breath without choking on her own blood, "I'm confused, how did this affect me?"

Klaus shook his head, "We will worry about it tomorrow, let's get you home."
**************
Rebekah walked into the Mikaelson mansion, "Where the bloody hell is everyone?"

"It's over, Rebekah," Elijah sighed.

"Where's mother?"

"We have no mother," Elojah told her, "Only Esther and Esther was right."

"What do you mean?" Rebekah asked.

"My talk of virtue. When it suits my needs, I kill, and torment," Elijah shook his head, "Even today, I terrorized an innocent."

"Elena is hardly innocent," she told him.

"And I used your hatred of her to get what I wanted. Wielded you like I would a sword. My sister."

Rebekah shook her head, "You did it to protect us, Elijah, and rightly so! We deserve to live! We are better than they are."

"Are we?" Elijah asked, "Mother made us vampires. She didn't make us monsters, we did that to ourselves."
**************
Layla laid on Klaus' chest. She stroked her hair gently. "I have no friends left," Layla mumbled.

Klaus smirked, "You have me, always."

Layla smiled, "I love you."

"I love you too," he told her, "You scared me today I thought I was going to loose you."

Layla sighed, "I thought I was going to die too."

Klaus pressed his lips to her head, "I will find a way to save you. I will go to the ends of the earth, there has to be a solution, I have been looking for a thousand years."

"If all else failed, and you remain, I will still continue to be; and if you are to be annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger."
*********
I really liked this chapter, I can't wait until Layla finds out about Elena knowing she would die. So I was thinking about he ending of the book and have two possibilities, sad or happy, let me know what you think.

Comment, Vote, Enjoy!
-Floyd

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.3K 1.8K 44
T.W. She started having the most peculiar dreams, they started the night of her 15th birthday. Years later,Caroline turned and she was in the dark. M...
60.1K 846 11
Klaus has been married even before he was turned she is also her mother was a witch and her father was a wolf so when they were turned by his mother...
41.1K 1K 28
This is the second part of the Salvatore Girl. "He was the master of Reality." Lucy is back after being killed by Mikael. What will this mean for Lu...
177K 3.6K 28
Annika is an only child. Her parents split up when she was a child and she’d lived with her dad ever since. She loves him unconditionally and would n...