Secrets and Camera Flashes

By KittyHazelnut

Dean Winchester and Jo Harvelle have the perfect relationship. They've been together for 18 months, and their... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chatpter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81

Chapter 45

691 51 45
By KittyHazelnut

Dean expects to be the first one outside of the Harvelle family to show up to Jo's house for Christmas. Castiel and his friend aren't coming for another day or two, and he wouldn't expect the rest of his family to beat him to it. But when Dean sneaks inside in his promised black hoodie and sunglasses, he finds Sam and Jess are already sitting at the counter and playing Connect Four with an intrigued audience of Jo and Ash.

"This has got to be the first time you two were early," Dean remarks.

"I'm pretty sure you're just late," Sam says. "What, you finally decided that pushing 90 on the highway every time you go anywhere isn't a good idea?"

"Oh, shut up."

Jess hops off her stole and heads over to him. For a moment Dean feels like he's grown far more than any 26-year-old man can, which proves that he doesn't see these two in casual settings enough. Jess is always wearing heels. He's not used to seeing her with bare feet.

Jess pulls him into a hug. "It's nice to see you again, Dean."

"You too, Jess," Dean says, and he means it.

"Woah, where's my hug?" Jo asks, crossing her arms.

Dean chuckles and hugs her, too. "Hey, Jo."

"Do I get a hug, too?" Ash asks.

Dean pulls away from Jess to look at her not-brother, amused. "Do you even want a hug?"

"Not particularly, but I was feeling pretty ignored," Ash says with a shrug.

Dean shakes his head. "Alright, Ash. You do you."

"Well, I'm bored of you already," Sam says. "Come on, Jess. I've got a four-in-a-row with my name on it."

Jess scoffs. "In your dreams." She hops back on her stool to return to their game of Connect Four, and Ash is enthralled immediately.

Jo taps Dean on the shoulder. "Can I steal you for a minute?"

Dean shrugs. "Yeah, sure."

Jo leads Dean into her bedroom and closes the door behind them. Dean cocks his head to the side, confused. He didn't expect this to be anything important. What's up with the big production?

"So, you know how Cas is coming tomorrow?" Jo asks.

"Well, yeah," Dean says. "Why? Did he back out?" Is he really trying to fake sick to get out of this? Maybe Charlie wasn't as excited about it as she and Castiel led on.

But Jo shakes her head. "No, he's still coming. I just... I have a favor to ask you."

"Okay," Dean says slowly. That's never a good sign.

"I think I want to make this something real," she tells him. "He's such a good friend, but that's all he is. I don't know if it's because he doesn't want to be my real boyfriend or if he thinks that I don't want him to so he's just being respectful, but, like..."

"You want something more, and you don't know if he does," Dean surmises. "You've made that part pretty obvious. Where do I come in?"

"Do you think you could, like, be my wingman?" Jo asks. "You know, like, ask him if he likes me? But super casually?"

Dean raises an eyebrow. "I mean, I can try, but you'd probably get more out of this if you asked his friend Charlie. She probably knows everything about him already."

"But we don't even know what the deal is with those two," Jo says. "They could've decided to spend Christmas together because they're together."

"I really doubt it, but fine," Dean says. "I'll ask him."

"But don't tell him I told you to," Jo says quickly.

"I won't," Dean assures her. "He'll never have to know."

"Thanks, Dean." Jo pulls him into a hug. "You're the best." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430 24 6
Pairing: Dean/Castiel (From Supernatural) Three years after the world doesn't end, Dean and Castiel's life strikes tragedy once again. The ex-angel f...
382 6 10
Dean Winchester Falls in Love With a Homeschool Student named Castiel Novak. Each Day they become close but Castiel has a hidden secret. He's sick an...
16.4K 581 17
Dean and Castiel are juniors in high school. They're just friends until deeper feelings form. Destiel high school AU
119K 5.4K 118
A college Destiel AU fic. Castiel Novak is 20 years old, and on the verge of a mental break down just about every damn day of his life. He went to c...