IMPERFECTIONS | Pop Smoke

By _GetLo

Lauryn is currently a Senior at Clark Atlanta University who is on track to becoming a nurse. She is very con... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N Random
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Short & Random Photo Dump
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Let me Explainnnn
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
JUSTICE FOR POPPAAAA
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Poppa the Pimp 💀
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
New Book!
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
1 more month
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Thank You!

Chapter 26

4.1K 211 85
By _GetLo

I skipped forward twice in this chapter so I hope y'all don't get confused, just need to get to the good stuff lmao.

Maybe I should start using dates, hmm.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╭─────────╮
ʟᴀᴜʀʏɴ ᴡɪʟsᴏɴ

ᴄʜɪᴄᴀɢᴏ, ɪʟ

𝟷 ᴡᴇᴇᴋ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

╰─────────╯

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I'm in Chicago with Des visiting my parents and Mari just to get out of Atlanta for a while.

Ever since my miscarriage Pop has been really supportive in helping me get through it.

The day we left the hospital he set up a little indoor date and we had a movie night just chilling with some wine and entertaining ourselves.

Him, my girls, and my parents have helped me so much, I had my sad moments but they were always short lived.

"Lauryn you have another package!" My dad yelled up the stairs.

"See now I like him, it's the little things he's been sending you stuff everyday" Des smiled making me smile too.

I left LA the day after the miscarriage just to come to Chicago so I can be with my mom but Des wanted to tag along since she hasn't been in a while so she caught a flight and met me here.

Ever since I've been here Pop has had flowers, edible arrangements, care packages and all delivered here every morning with little notes.

I made my way downstairs to see a blue bear made out of roses and a box of roses with a blue heart.

I smiled picking up a note that I saw on the bear's ear.

To: Mrs. Woo

From: Poppa

Hey baby, I miss you <3 Hope these gifts mean something for you, I just want you to know I love you and I'm here for you though whatever. You mean the world to me and we have forever to make it all happen. I hope you're doing okay in Chicago, can't wait to see you.

Love,

Daddy ;)

I laughed after reading the note before taking a quick boomerang and locking my phone.

"That boy really does love you." My dad said laughing and walking up the roses and touching them.

"Yes, see he isn't bad. so give him a chance." I said while looking at him.

He shot me a look before shaking his head and leaving me alone in the living room.

I picked my phone back up to FaceTime Pop.

"Hey baby." He said smiling in the camera.

I smiled back, "Hey Poppa, thank you for the roses I love them."

"Of course you know it's anything for you mamas. When am I gone see you?" He asked.

"I'm leaving from here tonight, so whenever."

"Can I fly you out here instead?"

I promise Pop used that damn jet like an Uber.

I'm pretty sure the pilots hate him because I would too if I was in their shoes, he uses it every other day.

"You always want to fly me out," I laughed, "What about tomorrow? I'm with Des and I know she doesn't want to come out there and be fifth wheeling." 

"Bet, we can do tomorrow." He said smiling.

"Pop you ready?" I heard a man say taking Pop's attention.

"Yeah!" he yelled before turning his attention back to me, "I got to go babygirl but I'll let you know when I'm done and shit."

"Okay just call me later."

"I love you." He said before hanging up.

I hate when he does that.

What if I want to finally say it back, he just always hangs up the phone in my face like damn okay. 

My mom walked in the living room with Des smiling, "Boy misses you, huh?" she said.

"He sees her every weekend I don't know how." Des laughed.

"And you live with Zay so let's not." I said making Des throw her hands up.

"Point taken." She said making us all laugh.

"How you feeling today?" My mom asked while rubbing my back.

I nodded, "Good, getting better everyday."

"That's good to hear, remember what I told you," she winked, "You all leaving me today?"

Me and my mom had a talk and she told me that before she had me she had a miscarriage herself.

So having one doesn't mean it's the end of the world, it just wasn't my time yet.

Knowing she'd been through this too didn't make me feel so alone because she really understood what it is I'm feeling.

"Yeah momma I miss my Z baby." Des said while pouting.

"And you say I'm the one sprung." I said shaking my head.

She rolled her eyes making the three of us laugh.

I'm really glad I came out here. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╭─────────╮
ʙᴀsʜᴀʀ ᴊᴀᴄᴋsᴏɴ

ʟᴏs ᴀɴɢᴇʟᴇs, ᴄᴀ

ᴊᴜʟʏ 𝟷𝟾, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶

╰─────────╯

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Today is finally the day I find out what I'm having and I ain't gone lie, I'm mad nervous.

I'm happy with whatever but I really want me a lil man, you know?

Everybody flew out here for it, gender reveals are just as big as the baby shower at this point.

Lauryn and her friends, my mom and siblings and even a few of my Woo's from the Floss.

I hope everyone can just be civil today because nobody, I mean nobody from my side fuck with Diamond, even my momma.Mike is the only one who tries to tolerate her.

"Poppa!" I heard a voice that was familiar and I turned around seeing it was my mom.

I smiled big as I saw her walking towards me with her arms open with my siblings behind her.

"Hey Ma!" I said while hugging her.

"My baby been eating good I feel you getting stocky." She said while grabbing my arms.

"Yeah Lauryn be cooking so I get home cooked meals when I see her."

"Speaking of Lauryn where is my girl?" She said while looking around.

The fact that my mom loved Lauryn meant a lot. My mom was like her dad, didn't feel like anyone was good for me.

Especially because of what went down with Diamond she just wanted me to be really careful with who I had around me.

But when she met Lauryn some weeks ago they just clicked, exchanged numbers and all.

"Is that Momma Smoke!" I heard Lauryn yell making me turn around.

My mom let me go and walked towards Lauryn before giving her a big hug.

"Hey baby it's good to see you!" My mom said while they swayed side to side.

"Momma gone take yo girl," Obasi, my brother, said before I hit his arm, "Momma ain't doing that." I replied

My mom and Lauryn walked over to us while Lauryn spoke to my brother and sister.

"This should be y'alls gender thing, not this devil spawn." My mom whispered making me hide my laugh. 

Shit, I wish it was ours too.

I left Lauryn while I went around speaking to everyone and making sure every one was straight.

"Where's Diamond?" Diamond's friend, Lex, asked me with an attitude.

I shrugged.

"How the hell don't you know? You just don't care?"

"She good I'm sure, probably trying to put that tight ass dress on still." I said before walking away.

I was just ready to find out what I was having.

Diamond's people been stand-offish as hell since they been here and I ain't here for people's attitudes and shit.

"You okay?" Lauryn said while hugging my arm.

"Yeah, just want to see what I'm having I got butterflies and shit." I said with a chuckle.

"Well just enjoy the moment and remember after this your birthday is just 2 days away." She said with a smirk.

All this gender planning shit I been doing I didn't even have time to plan anything but I didn't want to do nothing no way.

I was just turning 22, that ain't shit major.

"Okay is everyone ready!" I heard Diamond's voice say as she slowly walked down the stairs.

We were just in my backyard because we had those guns that shot out the color so this made the most sense.

I made my way by Diamond while Lex gave us a both the gun thing.

"Okay everyone are y'all ready to find out what this baby is!" Lex yelled while everyone followed with a yell back.

I made eye contact with Lauryn as she cheesed and held her phone in front of her making me laugh.

I know this killed her inside considering what had happened but she was really making this day good for me.

I had got irritated too many times but she just knew what to do.

"Alright y'all on the count of 3!"

"1!"

"2!"

"3!"

Diamond started jumping up and down screaming and I just smiled while Mike, my brother and the guys came up to me hitting me.

"A girlll!" Mike yelled making me laugh.

Well hopefully Lauryn can have my son, I have a princess on the way.

I was laughing and talking with the guys before Lauryn came through the circle and gave me a hug.

"Awww you having a daughter!" She smiled.

I gave her a kiss, "I love you."

She smiled, "Someone's here to see you too."

My smile faded some and I turned my face to ask who it was.

She grabbed my hand and walked me to the back of the yard before I saw who it was.

Dread.

He smiled some while rubbing his hands together.

"Niggas got a baby girl on the way." He said while smiling.

I just looked at him.

"I'll leave y'all two, it's nice seeing you Dread." Lauryn said while smiling and walking away.

"Look I'm just gone come out and say I'm sorry about the whole Kayla thing. I shouldn't have have brought her to ya shit after all that went down in Turks."

I nodded, "I'm sorry for calling her a bitch."

Even though shorty is.

"You still with her?" I asked

"'Preciate it. & Yeah I am actually, it sound crazy but I fuck with her." He replied.

"That's all you, you like it I love it."

"We good?" He asked while holding his hand out.

I took it while we shook up and brought it in.

"Can't let no bitch get in the way again Woo," I said before correcting myself, "My bad, girl."

He laughed and shook his head before we let each other go.

"You got a lot going on I see, niggas got a daughter on the way with D." He said while laughing.

"Man that's another story for another time." I said with a chuckle.

He nodded and we went back to where everyone was.

"Pop come take a picture!" Diamond yelled as I looked up to see her waving me over.

I walked over to her and stood there to take a picture.

"Can you act like you like me at least? Hold my belly, put your arm around me or something."

"I'm good." I said while still looking forward.

I heard her smack her lips as people started to come up and take pictures of us.

"Ma, come on!" She yelled for her mom as mine started to walk up.

"I said ma as in my mom, I'm sorry." Diamond said with a fake smile.

My mom laughed while putting her arm around my torso, "Crop me out." She said before smiling.

I laughed to myself at my mom, she really don't like D and I don't blame her.

"Look you don't like me but you're not about to disrespect me on MY day." She said while looking at my mom.

"Yo who the hell you talking to?" I said while stepping in front of my mom.

"She's had it out for me since the day I met her I'm not doing this today I don't know why she's even here, you don't like me!" Diamond said moving her neck so she could see my mom.

"Baby I came for my son and my grandchild, I have not said a word to you before now so what could you possibly mean?" My mom asked.

Diamond groaned out and stormed off as my mom and I laughed.

"I don't like that girl Bashar, I told you that a long time ago," she said hitting me upside the head making me wince, "Got the wrong one pregnant I swear you boys don't listen to me." She said before walking off. 

I looked around and saw Obasi making faces and laughing before I smacked my lips and went to find Lauryn.

She ain't have to smack me in front of everybody.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Baby girl on the wayyyy.

Are y'all glad Dread and Pop finally made up?

Diamond is a brat lmfao.

Pop's birthday in the next chapter. 😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 2.1K 50
21 and ready for law school -- Aisha's eyes are finally opening to see the true darkness that lies inside herself and Delontae. What will she do abou...
27.8K 649 45
What happens when rich girl from Beverly Hills meets upcoming Harlem rapper?
467K 28.6K 33
you was my happiness, that high i felt when around you. love aint even the word to describe it. 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐲𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞𝐞 • 2021
80.5K 2.7K 47
When two old friends reconcile will there be love or will bitter ex relationships stop them along the way? Follow Aziyah and Travon as the go through...