Vixen

By StripperPoleVibes

The only family vixen has ever known are the Santiago's. These are the only people she would die for, and be... More

Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 10

520 8 16
By StripperPoleVibes

10 chapters, this feels like an accomplishment 😏
-Reece.

👻

"Don't you fucking dare throw up in my car."

I glanced over to Harley in the passenger seat; she tensed her jaw as if she were holding back a gag, "I won't. Don't—" her hand shot to her mouth, but she swallowed and shook her head, "worry."

She looked pale and I wouldn't be surprised if she puked, but I begged whatever God there was, not in my car.

"I won't forgive you, if you do. Ever." I said switching my attention between the road and Harley.

She definitely needed to get everything out of her system. Fuck knows what she had taken tonight.

She chuckled, leaning her head back, "Bull shit, of course you'd forgive me."

I shook my head 'no' and stopped for a red light.

Harley lifted her head and looked at me with lowered brows, "Really?"

"Deadass."

"Nah. You'd definitely forgive me." She laughed lowering the window slightly to let in the chilling wind. She took a deep breath of the fresh air, closing her eyes.

I tapped on the steering wheel, in time with the beats of the song playing on the radio, before changing gear and speeding through the amber light.

"If I wasn't going to throw up before, I definitely will now." Harley mumbled into her palm, making me smirk.

After a few minutes, my train of thought had led me back to the Bratva. What were they doing in that club? I can't see any reason for them to be there... "Don't you want to know what that was?" I asked Harley. She hadn't spoken one word about it. To be fair, I didn't  know myself, but I was expecting some questions.

"What?" She asked, holding her stomach.

"What happened in the club." I clarified watching her reaction with lowered brows.

"Oh. No I don't." She said simply.

"Why?" This is so unlike her.

"I just, don't really care."

"You're not curious?" I asked skeptically.

"Do you want me to be?"

"No. I just wasn't expecting that." I said with a smile.

"I think you forget that I chose to give up the mafia." She took a deep breath, "I don't want it. I also don't want to know about it."

God, she surprises me everyday.

I laughed and turned up the radio with a sudden burst of energy. It felt so wrong to laugh with everything going on in our lives. So so wrong.

I often thought about how shit our lives were. They had been for a while. Bump after bump in the road, until they became less like bumps and more like mountains. Because every time you loose someone it gets harder and harder to carry on.

It could be worse. It can always be worse, so we have to take what we have now—and that's my excuse for this rare moment of happiness, between the grief and the pain and the heart ache.

Bombing down the empty city road in the morning sun, I smiled brighter than I have in months.

After a few long moments to myself, Harley tapped my shoulder, "Vi—" I looked over at her; she was pointing to the door with her cheeks puffed up and her palm clamped over her mouth.

I pulled over. Harley swung open the door, undid her seat belt and ran. She made it all of five paces before emptying her stomach.

I huffed and followed her out of the car to where she was hunched over on the grass. I gathered her hair in one hand and rubbed circles on her back with the other. "Let it all out." I said softly, trying not to grimace.

I kept my gaze away from Harley puking and observed my surroundings.

The cemetery.

An immediate sadness washed over me thinking about all of the familiar names engraved onto tomb stones. Too many.

I thanked the heavens for the distraction when a bright orange McLaren perked my attention, smoothly pulling in front of my car.

Damn.

I did a double-take when a young man holding flowers opened the door. With his messy blond hair and striking blue eyes, he make his way to the passenger side.

He opened the door, "C'mon then kid." He said lifting a little girl into his arms.

She had a effervescent grin like sunshine in the mists of the grey surroundings, "Daddy?" The little girl asked.

"Yes love?"

"Can I hold the flowers for nana?"

"Yeah course." He smiled a loving smile for his daughter as he carried her into the main gate.

I couldn't help the empathy of watching the two walk into the cemetery. I know what it does to you; I know how it feels.

She was too young to have lost someone. Life is so unfair.

"I think I'm done." Harley said, straightening up.

"Fuck you look like hell." I laughed at her pale complexion with heavy bags beneath her eyes and her dishevelled hair.

"Fucking feel like it too." She said wiping her palm on her mouth. "Oh no not done." She said before she threw up again.

I chuckled shaking my head. Karma bitch.

👻

I slung my arm around Harley's shoulders as we walked through the cemetery, "Maybe it was a sign." Harley contemplated.

"Maybe." It had been so long since we had been here. Harley refused to step a foot near this place for at least six months after Jacob passed. But somehow, she came around.

"I should come here more often." Harley admitted guiltily. She sniffled and I rubbed her arm, "It's just hard you know. Seeing their names..."

"I know Harls, I know." I kissed her cheek to comfort her.

She chuckled without any humour, "Fuck I always knew you were so strong. After everything you went through, you still managed to get on with life." She wiped her eyes from the silent tears and I held her close, "Now I know how you felt before dad took you in, and I can't fucking believe you. I just- I just don't get how you did it."

"Loosing my parents was one of the hardest things to happen to me. Hell, maybe even the worst, since I was so young. But you helped me, so I'm going to help you okay?"

Harley nodded, taking a deep breath to collect herself when we stopped before the graves. I watched her step forward and run her fingers lightly over the names etched in the stone.

We stayed silent, reflecting on personal memories.

There was a little tower of stones beside Mr and Mrs Santiago. I noticed it before, but it was taller this time...

"Daddy don't cry!" I heard a panicked voice, making me look over to where the young man and his daughter stood not too far away.

"Don't worry sweetheart," he wiped his eyes with his free hand while the little girl held onto the other one. Her hand looked so tiny in his, "I just miss your Nana a lot."

"I miss her too daddy."

He smiled down at her, "Okay, now wish Nana one last happy birthday before we get you to kindergarten."

"Happy Birthday!" She smiled, before her father picked her up in his arms and kissed her forehead.

I tore my gaze away and looked back to Harley, "You okay?" I asked softly moving closer to her.

She scoffed, "No." I wrapped my arms around her and let her cry into my shoulder before a sharp gust of wind wiped mine and Harley's hair around our faces.

"The flowers!" The little girl shouted form over her dads shoulder. I looked over to see the bouquet roll towards me. I walked forwards and picked them up.

The little girl rushed over, "Thank you Miss!" She smiled a contagious smile making me smile too.

The young man jogged over as well, "Thank you," He said warmly.

Harley let out an excited squeal and she crouched down to the little girls height, "Hello beautiful!" I was surprised by her sudden change in mood, but that's what kids do to Harley.

"Hi!" She returned with the same amount of enthusiasm waving her small palm.

"What's your name?" Harley smiled. A bit of colour had returned to Harley's face, so she didn't look like a walking ghost and scare the poor child.

"My name is Willow and this is my daddy." She said looking up to the young man.

I smiled at him when he offered his hand, "Roman." He said friendly.

"Vixen." I said shaking his hand.

"I'm Harley!" Harley said to the little girl before sending a wave up to Roman.

I passed the flowers to Willow, "They're for my Nana." She said with a smile when she stuck her nose into the bouquet and taking a deep breath.

Harley chuckled, "They're very beautiful. Just like you," Harley tapped Willow's nose gently making her giggle. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the cutest thing I've ever seen, not that I'd admit it.

"Who are you here to see?" Willow asked innocently.

Romans eyes widened, "You can't ask that Sweetheart. Sorry." He said to us before picking her up.

"Why not?"

"It's personal."

"No it's fine really," Harley chucked, "I'm here to see my mommy, daddy and my brother."

"Are you sad?" Willow must have picked up on Harley's slight shift in demeanour at the mention of her family.

Harley nodded, "But I have my sister to make me happy again!" She laughed bringing me in for a side hug.

"Willow go and put Nana's flowers back, okay?" Roman said lowering her down. We watched as she ran back to the head stone.

"I'm so sorry, she has no filter." Roman half faced us again, keeping his focus on the cute little girl as she placed down the flowers and blew a kiss to the stone.

"It's fine honestly," Harley chuckled, "She's lovely." I nodded, agreeing with her.

Roman checked his watch, "Crap," he whispered under his breath, "Willow! Quick we have to go! Mommy will be angry with me again if we get any more late marks!" He turned back to us, "It was nice meeting you." He smiled.

Willow ran back towards us, "Goodbye!" She giggled as Roman lifted her on to his shoulders and began to jog back to the main gate.

"Bye!" We waved.

•👻•

Roman's McLaren

The Santiago's

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 468 15
"What will happen when an innocent girl wants to win the heart of a ruthlessly and heartless person. Despite knowing that she can lose her everything...
3.3K 128 21
"Get on your knees for me baby" "Is this the best time to tell you I have no Gag reflex" "Fuck" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ When a ruthless mafi...
3.8K 259 53
~ A World Painted Grey: Book 1 ~ Already incapacitated, I drag his limp body toward the smoking car. Fastening him back into his seat, seatbelt back...
45K 1.8K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...