Defined by his past ♤Legacies...

Af Deya0302

The past was haunting her. The legacy her father left her was a weight on her shoulders she could never get r... Mere

Defined by the Past ♤
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Dearest Dad
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Season Two
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 2.2
New Book
Chapter 2.4
Chapter 2.5
Chapter 2.6
Chapter 2.7
Chapter 2.8
Chapter 2.9
Chapter 2.10
Chapter 2.11
Chapter 2.12
Chapter 2.13
Chapter 2.14
Chapter 2.15
Chapter 2.16
Chapter 2.17
Chapter 2.18
Chapter 2.19
Season 3
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 3.2
Chapter 3.3
Chapter 3.4
Chapter 3.5
Chapter 3.6
Chapter 3.7
Chapter 3.8
Chapter 3.9

Chapter 2.3

1.2K 41 17
Af Deya0302

"YOU REMIND ME OF SOMEONE I USED TO KNOW"

I once thought having a clean slate was something good for someone like me. I mean, my father was a monster and a dick. People expected me to become like him just because I had his genes. People hated me because of my existence. Now, I literally don't exist. I thought it'd be great. I could start over.

But, was it really worth it?

Being alone?

The transition to the local high school, the place Kayla didn't find comforting was Hope's excuse to their new normal.

Hope wanted normalcy. - she wished she had it- and so they tried it. For a moment, the two girls were normal.

Kayla didn't dislike it. But, like all good things, they had to end at some point, knowing themselves.

~8~

"How original"

The words were a little sarcastic coming from the siphoner as she and her tribid best friend stared up at a mural.

Hope chuckled, tilting her head as if getting a better look at the mural "They could always improve their writing"

"Every year we suggest that" Kayla smirked, shaking her head. "They just can't spell 'Loser' correctly. Not even once"

Hope smiled.

A siren rang further ahead making both girls turn to the sound, seeing a police car parking close by.

Kayla raised her hands as in surrender, a playful smirk as she pointed at Hope. "She obviously did it, officer"

Hope elbowed her friend, still trying to understand since when the cold changed to sarcastic. She really wanted to think Malivore had nothing to do with that.

"This looks pretty self-explanatory" The sheriff walked out of the car, raising an eyebrow at both girls "But you want to give it a shot?"

"Um, toxic masculinity mixed with outdated sports pranks?" Hope told her.

Kayla snickered.

The police car's backseat window was pulled down, "There's no way neither Hope or Kayla did it" The supernatural girls looked toward Maya sitting down in the police car. Hope frowned in confusion as Kayla raised her eyebrows, silently whistling, impressed, "They're Timberwolves, not Stallions"

"Maya" Kayla called out amused, lowering her arms. "I knew I liked you for some reason"

Maya beamed as she climbed out of the car.

Hope, on the other hand wasn't as amused, frowning in slight concern as she glanced between the girl and the sheriff. "What happened?"

"Oh, don't worry" Maya reassured, walking closer, chuckling "She's my mom" She wasn't the only one hoping out of the car. Ethan also climbed out. "We don't really like to talk about it"

"We?" Hope repeated.

"And here I thought you were cool" Kayla told her.

"I still am" Maya pointed at her, smirking.

Kayla smiled.

Ethan walked around the car, walking closer to them, his eyes flickering between the best friends "Hey, girls"

Hope and Kayla blinked at him. "Ethan?" they glanced between the two of them. "So you guys are..."

"My kids, no matter how much it embarrasses them" The sheriff answered.

"'Cause who doesn't like getting dropped off to school in a cop car?" Ethan told them, smiling sarcastically as we walked past them.

Maya chuckled, rolling her eyes," Yeah" she pointed between Kayla and Hope as she followed her brother "Do you always talk at the same time?"

Hope paused for a moment, slowly looking at Kayla curiously. Do we?

I think we just did. Kayla frowned at Hope. Which is truly weird.

Tell me about it.

The sheriff chuckled, noticing their silent conversation "It happens with either close friends or twins" They looked at the Sheriff, raising their eyebrows who shook her head slightly, "Sorry, kids. As much as I would love to meet my kids' new friends, I'm here on official business. Now... Show me where I can find Principal Saltzman"

Kayla and Hope looked at each other for a moment, smiling sweetly at the new Sheriff.

~8~

Kayla definitely didn't count her day to involve her own uncle flirting with the new Sheriff as Hope dragged her to the principal office under an invisibility spell because well, no one flirted with Alaric without a Malivore monster being in the middle. Enough she had when he'd flirt with Ms Tig and that was awkward as hell too.

However, what they heard was that one of the football players was missing near the Salvatore school and several dogs were missing.

Kayla rolled her eyes. She didn't care if testosterone filled guys were missing. She was promised a normal school life - which also sucked now that she mentioned it - and was she getting it?

No.

Hope no longer wanted to be the loner wolf, she had to drag her around and oddly enough, Kayla didn't mind being around Hope. It was the saving that annoyed her. She wasn't a hero.

But oh, well. Hanging around with Hope Mikaelson implied being a hero by association.

"Did you get all that?" Alaric asked as soon as the Sheriff left, closing the door behind her.

Hope lowered the invisibility spell on the two of them. Hope was sitting on the chair behind Alaric's desk as Kayla leaned against the window behind his desk.

Hope smiled in amusement, "Yeah. She's definitely into you"

Kayla fake gagged.

Without looking, Hope smacked Kayla's stomach with the back of her hand, still smiling

Alaric laughed awkwardly. "What?" Kayla swatted Hope's hand, annoyed. "No. No, she's just new to town, trying to make friend" The girls raised their eyebrows at him, "Which is exactly what you need to be doing"

"We are friends" Kayla told him. Hope cleared her throat warningly. Sisters. "Well, slash sisters but we are friends too. We tried that last year, didn't work out"

"I tried" Hope corrected, smirking "You got my friends out of association"

Touche. 

"Anwyay" Kayla said loudly managing to bring a smile out of Hope and a confused one out of Alaric. "This year we're focusing on monster slaying, apparently"

Hope stood. Kayla pushed away from the window to stand by Hope's side.

"Well, it sounds like there could be another monster lurking around the Salvatore School" Alaric told them. "So I'll check in with Dorian, since he has access to research we don't. Any other ideas?"

Hope's idea crashed inside Kayla's mind without warning, turning to face her, scowling. "Hope"

Hope smiled. "Just one, but, uh... The three of us are going to hate it"

~8~

There was a reason why Kayla always had a reason to skip the annual football game. She sucked at sports. Last year was the dragon hunting with Hope, the year before that, she made a potion to make a vampire be able to compel her for a minute and got Roman to compel her to fall sick with a stomach bug. And the year before, well Alaric didn't trust her enough to leave the school and see the humans - considering it was her first year at the school -.

But this time? She could not fake a sickness fast enough to ditch Hope with her stupid idea of joining the team to have an excuse to be around the school, as this year the hosting school was the Salvatore School.

And that's where she found herself, wearing the Mystic Falls High red uniform, the number 19 written on it. She was annoyed as Hope was amused by dragging her lazy friend down the school bus' steps.

"I'm going to kill you" Kayla murmured, "And I'm going to enjoy your death while youre choking on your blood" 

"Morbid" Hope remarked unfazed but a little worried about the little raise on anger she felt through their odd link.

Hope knew about the anger and the outbursts Kayla used to have due to this anger and was slowly starting to worry she'd get one of those in the game considering that since she found her on Malivore, her siphoning was a little bit out of control.

Great. On top of finding the monster, she had to worry about her slightly unstable 'sister'.

Alaric joined them after leaving the bus, walking alongside Hope.

"Let's just get this over with as fast as possible" Kayla told them

"Works for me" Alaric told them. "I'm no more comfortable being here than you are"

Kayla and Hope frowned slightly, both wondering exactly what had happened.

They heard Dorian behind them calling to Alaric, but left him alone.

"Come on" Hope chuckled as Kayla groaned.

"Can I break my arm?" Kayla asked, pouting. "I don't know why you want me to play"

"You needed an excuse to be here" Hope reminded.

"Couldn't it have been the supportive sister I am to see you playing for the first time?" Kayla asked sweetly.

Hope rolled her eyes. "Nope"

Kayla stuck her tongue as she walked to the other players, dropping her bag and sitting down. "Good luck, sissy"

Hope rolled her eyes and walked to the center of the field as Maya joined her and Landon and Josie representing the Stallions and the new creepy headmaster of the school.

"Oh, Hope" Kayla snickered as she saw the teams shaking hands and Hope's and Landon's lingering a bit. "Make it more obvious, don't you?"

She could see the jealously on Jose's face and Kayla leaned forward, interested picked.

Dear Josette... Kayla's smirk slowly grew, Your Parker is showing. Release it, baby.

Kayla didn't know where that little need of drama came from but she was living for it. She wanted them to suffer. She paused in confusion as the game began.

They used magic. Hope's voice appeared in her head, snapping her from her thoughts.

This is going to be an interesting game, Hope.

Magic isn't supposed to be used.

Thats why I said interesting. The risk of exposure? Yummy. I'm going to enjoy this.

You're worrying sometimes.

You love me.

Hope glanced at her from the field, smiling sarcastically.

Kayla blew her a sarcastic kiss.

~8~

Alaric shared what Dorian found.

The missing guy, Dennis was found wandering the woods. He had to be compelled to calm him down.

"Thank God he's okay" Alaric told them "But we definitely have another monster wandering around these woods. Dorian's digging into the research, but he thinks it's a Shunka"

"What's... " Hope began.

"And before you ask what that is" Alaric spoke making Hope shut up "It's a carnivorous creature that feeds only on werewolves"

Kayla shrugged, "Good thing it's not a full moon"

"Yeah, except Raf has been stuck in wolf form ever since you've been gone" Alaric countered.

They stopped walking, facing each other.

"Wait, Raf?" Hope asked, surprised. Kayla frowned. "I didn't even know that he turned"

"Yeah" Alaric confirmed "Happened fighting Triad. Hasn't been able to turn back since"

Kayla huffed, "Knew he was very stupid but not that much"

Hope elbowed her, giving her an incredulous look for how insensitive she sounded. Kayla looked away. " Yeah, of course he can't turn back" she turned to Alaric "I'm the only one that can turn him back. I'm the one that gave him that crescent moon ring" she sighed in frustration, "Okay, look, I've got to go find him before the Shunka finds him first"

"You mean 'we'" Kayla told her. "You're not gonna leave me here on this stupid game alone"

They stared at each other for a few seconds before Hope nodded.

She knew that once Kayla said she wanted something she wouldn't give up.

~8~

Kayla wouldn't admit it but she was finding the whole game amusing. She could sense the magic in the air every time they used it - specially Josie, daddy's little following rules girl - and she wondered since when the girl went from obedient to rebellious and wasn't sure if she enjoyed that.

You do. A little whisper in the back of her mind that didn't resemble anything to Hope's voice. It was like the one she'd hear when she was inside Malivore. The one that told her she had no friends, that she was better off alone. That little voice that always told her dark magic was the answer for things. The reason why she had no problems using it. Dark magic was also good sometimes.

Maybe, just maybe Josie was realizing this too. Magic was there to help you. They were witches too, even though the title of siphoners belonged to them, they were still able to use magic like normal witches.

The whole school was breaking their little protection to win. And that was something that Kayla knew would bring them trouble, specially as she eyed the new headmaster. He was making them risk themselves. She may like the danger that came with risking themselves but only when they weren't influenced to do it. She didn't like the headmaster.

Call her hypocrite by not liking the way he was risking exposure but he was risking her home. He was making the people she was uh, slightly friendly with to take unnecessary risks. Not by themselves. Him. He was the one disrupting the nature of the school.

Hope was right.

He was hiding something. Something that made him want to destroy what the school stood up for. But right now, they had other things to worry about, like a Werewolf Eating Monster.

If they were using magic to cheat, they could do it too.

Kayla fidgeted with her necklace - the locket was enchanted by herself to store magic for emergencies she could siphon from - and allowed its magic to flow from it through her fingers to her body, enough magic to when Landon tackled Hope - Uff, jealous much Jo? As she saw the exchange between the two of them, using a bit of that magic to eavesdrop - she made sure to break Hope's ankle, whispering the spell.

She cheered lazily alongside the other team players when Maya scored but turned her attention to Landon and Hope when she finally sensed her bone breaking and crying out in pain.

Oh, my God. You're a bitch. Did you have to break it that hard?

Had to make it believable, sis.

She stood, hissing slightly as she felt some sort of ghost pain around her ankle making her frown but shoved away the confusion, immediately making her way to them, faking a worried expression. "Hope? What happened?"

Hope's healing was working enough that for her it felt like as if she twisted her ankle. "It's okay, I think it's just twisted"

"Did you really have to tackle her that hard?" Kayla snapped as if upset by this. But in reality, Kayla had never liked Landon in the first place so she'd take any chance to snap at him whatever she wanted to.

Landon looked nervous that he had really hurt the girl and didn't feel that comfortable under the dark haired's blue cold gaze which oddly enough he felt like a Deja vu as if he had been under it before.

He shook his head, it wasn't possible, "I guess not. Sorry about that. Um. There's a nurse's office in the school. First floor, right inside"

"Okay" Hope smiled slightly.

"You'll see it" Landon told her.

Kayla smiled sarcastically, "Okay, flirting later, gotta get my dumbass and clumsy sister to it. I'm sure we can find it"

"Thank you" Hope said gently.

Kayla wrapped Hope's arm around her shoulders as she lead her away, "Thank you, Landon" She mocked Hope's voice, making it whinny and as if she was love sick." You're so sweet, too bad you have a girlfriend"

Hope winced, "Can you please not remind me of that?"

"Sure" Kayla said happily "Once you stop flirting every fricking second with the guy who doesn't remember you and may have thoughts on cheating on his girlfriend. New slate, remember?"

Hope pursed her lips as they reached Alaric who gave Hope her bag. Easier said than done.

"Looks like you need a new quarterback" Hope told him.

"Happy hunting" Alaric sing sang.

Hope's arm was still around Kayla's shoulder as she pretended to limp considering her ankle was already healed.

Kayla rolled her own ankle to get rid of the ghost pain.

"What's that?"

"New development of our odd link" Kayla replied.

Hope frowned.

How many oddities were they going to face?

The two were starting to think the blood replacement spell hadn't been a good idea to let it pass for that long.

Unbeknownst to the two girls, the spell had to had been manually taken away before it could bring consequences. Something Kayla hadn't bothered to read when studying the spell in the first place.

~8~

A/N:

I'm gonna write this episode in two parts because writing blocks are a bitch (and it's not an episode I really liked too much tbh). And thought this was a good moment to end this one as it was getting longer and it's been a while since I last updated this book.

I have ideas for this book and can't wait for when Kai appears. That's probably why I haven't put an end to this journey. Hadn't it not been for Kai showing up, I would have ended this by having just Kayla jumping and bla blah, everyone being happy that the most unlikely to become a hero saved them all. But... Meh, who likes happy endings anyway???

Hope you liked this chapter. It annoyed me for some reason, but inspiration comes out of nowhere sometimes so I can't blame it on how this turned out. Can you?

~*Peace and out,
De*~

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

4.2K 69 13
Set after 3 x05, where the gang will have to adjust to new changes that is happening at the Salvatore school. The school is running low on students a...
99.2K 1.7K 38
Alex is just another kid in foster care, except when she's sleeping she can see her dead parents who she never met because they died when she was jus...
75K 1.9K 10
Ezekiel 'Zeke' Saltzman is the youngest fraternal triplet from the Gemini coven bloodline. Like his sisters, he is a siphoner, witch, born with a def...
28.5K 968 40
~Completed~ In this Hope & Josie fanfic The two struggle separately With themse...