Kirby Roleplay (OCs Welcome)

By Doroken

Welcome to the Kirby roleplay. You should stop by sometime. We got memes. Despite the memes, serious roleplay... More

★ Character List ★
★ Canon Portrayals ★
★ OC Profiles ★
★ Place Suggestions ★
◘ General Areas ◘
Woods
Beach
Cappy Town
Apple Tree
Caves
Butterfly Garden
Open Field Area
Halcandra
The Sky
Random Clearing In The Woods
The Ocean
Outer Space
Volcano
Graveyard
Library
◘ Houses and Rooms ◘
Kirby's House
Meta Knight's Room
Dedede's Room
OC Hotel
Apartment Complex
◘ Kirby-Specific Places ◘
Castle Dedede
Halberd
Nightmare's Fortress
The Amazing Mirror
The Great Cave Offensive
The Arena
Queen Sectonia's Castle (Well, The Remains)
Fountain of Dreams
Dedede's Cartoon Studio
◘ Roleplay-Specific Places ◘
Meta Knight's "Mature" Meeting Room
Clearing For The Bias Trial of Biasness
A Bubble
◘ Stores & Restaurants ◘
McDedede's
Costco Ruins
Ikea
Construction Site
Dunkin' Donuts
Applebee's
Shopping Mall
Walmart
Random Restaurant in Cappy Town
Movie Theater
Liquor Store
◘ Other ◘
An Incredibly Cramped Box
A Giant Pickle Floating in Outer Space
The Bathroom?

★ Rules, Tips, And General Info ★

408 4 33
By Doroken

Rules (read them pls i put this in bold italic underline so it catches your attention and it's at the top)

1. Communicate with your roleplay partner(s)! Let them know what type of roleplay you're looking for (serious, non-serious, etc.). Tell them what you are or aren't comfortable with. Let them know if something they're doing in the roleplay isn't something you like. But don't be rude about it.
Consequences: well, your roleplays might not have the best outcome.

2. Be kind to one another. No bullying, harassment, etc. Although all of you have been nice, so hopefully that won't be an issue.
Consequences: if severe enough, you will be blocked and kicked off this roleplay book.

3. Keep it PG-13. That means no sexual content. Sexual references are fine, as long as they aren't too over the top. No smut. Seriously, this is Kirby.
Consequences: If you try to do any of that you'll be kicked off and blocked.

4. Swearing: ask your roleplay partner(s). If they're fine with swearing, then go ahead. If they're not comfortable with swearing, then find other words to use.
Consequences: a warning, but I may block + kick you off if it's a real problem.

5. Shipping/romance: ask your roleplay partner. I roleplay Meta Knight. I've seen a lot of romance. Your partner(s) may not be comfortable with it or want to do it. So please ask them first, and if they say no, please respect their answer. You can ask them in-character instead if you'd prefer.
Consequences: Meta Knight will drag your character off to a clearing in the woods where Kirby will throw pies at them. Nail filled pies, to be specific. If it's a repeated offense, blocked + kicked off the roleplay book.

6. Thread bumping or @ing other roleplayers is fine, but don't do it excessively. No more than once a day.
Consequences: a warning.

7. Ask before joining roleplays. Some people might have a good rp going on and they want to keep it the way it's going. I've found that people will say yes more often than not, but if they decline, please respect that and find or start another thread.
Consequences: a warning. Blocked + kicked off only if you're just jumping in several threads and being a nuisance.

8. Do not kill other characters unless given permission to by the other roleplayer. Otherwise it's considered godmodding, and nobody likes to rp with godmodders. Make combat fair, too. Don't just dodge everything or land every hit. Take a few hits and miss a few.
Consequences: a warning. Blocked + kicked off if it's a repeated offense.

9. Work to gain a relationship with a character. Don't write character backstories that force romance or a deep relationship with a canon character (unless it's your own). Don't just drop in and be like "my character already knows everyone! :)", either. Please. Let other roleplayers get to know your character first. On the subject of writing character backstories that tie in with canon characters, there's some restrictions. An allowable one would be something like "they were in the star warrior war and are acquaintanced with Meta Knight"—this only means your character is acquainted with him, and it's a believable backstory. One that isn't allowed would be something like "she's Meta Knight's long lost girlfriend and as soon as she shows up he's instantly in love with her again!"—this is forcing romance. No offense, but I'm not comfortable doing roleplays like that where it's forced. One exception to "allowable" backstories is if you have your own OCs interacting with a canon character that you roleplay. Writing in OCs to fit with your own canon character is fine, but there's some restrictions to writing in OCs for other peoples' canon characters.
Consequences: a warning.

10. Don't control other peoples characters during a roleplay! Really though, don't. You have your own characters, other people have their own characters. It's fine to infer a few things about what their character is doing, but don't outright take control of them.
Consequences: a warning.

.

.

Info

Chapter names will have symbols to signify different stuff.

╬ = Announcement

★ = Info Stuff

◘ = Chapter Dividers

.

.

General Roleplaying Things

Multiple roleplays can happen at once. For example, you can have your character eating at Dunkin Donuts and going for a walk in the woods at the same time. The timeline in this roleplay is a mess anyway.

Moving locations is not required, but feel free to do so if you'd like. Say that a roleplay starts off in the woods, but at some point the characters walk to Cappy Town. You can either relocate to Cappy Town, or stay on the same roleplay thread in the woods.

You can temporarily roleplay as side characters to add to your main roleplay. Especially Waddle Dees and Cappies.

Some characters can have more control over side characters, for example a King Dedede roleplayer can do more with Waddle Dees, and Meta Knight can control all the other knights. Other canon characters who have others at their command can do the same.

Example: Meta Knight was walking through a random hallway of the Halberd. Along the way, he passed Axe Knight. "Hey there, Sir," Axe Knight said mockingly. "Have you tried offering Kirby the Halberd yet, since it's such a crappy ship that it'll be punishment enough for him blowing it up before?" He laughed. Meta Knight glared at him for a moment, then picked up Axe Knight and threw him out a random window before continuing his walk down the hallway.

.

Events

Make events happen! It can be something small like a weather change, or something big like Costco catching on fire and then an incompetent crew of firefighting Waddle Dees shows up and they just panic instead of putting out the fire.

.

Roleplaying Styles

The style that you roleplay in is entirely your choice! Even though most of us roleplay in third person, you can RP in first person or asterisks if you'd like.

Examples:

Third person: Meta Knight rolled his eyes, smacking Axe Knight across the head. "That is a terrible idea," he mumbled.

First person: I rolled my eyes, smacking Axe Knight across the head. "That is a terrible idea," I mumbled.

Asterisks: Meta Knight: *rolls eyes* That is a terrible idea *smacks Axe Knight*

Doesn't matter what tense you use, either. Most of us use past tense, but present tense is fine too.

.

Private Roleplays

If you'd like to have a private roleplay with someone, then please tag them at the beginning of the thread.

Example: @Doroken "METAAAA GUESS WHAT?!" Axe Knight screamed, running up to Meta Knight with a bunch of random blueprints. The knight giggled. "I'm gonna burn your blueprints for the Halberd!"

.

.

Other

Hopefully no Mary-Sues and Gary-Sues just goes without saying. This is a Kirby RP, not Starkit's Prophecy.

.

.

If You Have An Issue With Other Roleplayers...

If you move RPs to PMs then obviously I can't do anything there. Just be careful; roleplays can tend to get very chaotic and weird there (and not in a good way).

If you RP with someone in PMs and they turn out to be a creep, please either PM me here (you'll have to use an external photo hosting site to share the screenshots with me, like imgur), or join the Kirby Roleplay Discord server (link in the comments! Code is MwCzMwHpK7) and ping me @Doroken, and we'll sort it out in DMs. Please send a brief explanation and screenshots of the person's messages and I will block them, preventing them from commenting here.

Even if the person isn't a creep, if you're having problems with another roleplayer I urge you to join the Discord server so it can be sorted out. Again, the link is in the comments. Check the inline comments on this and the previous paragraph.

This has not been an issue and I hope it never will be, but it's better safe than sorry. Which is why I'll keep this info up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 4.9K 71
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
67.6K 3.7K 80
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
297K 8.2K 137
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."