Live Through This/ Liam Galla...

By timeforariotghoul

"Go for Credit in the Straight World, Won't you try?" When the famed American rockstar, Avery Pince, is offe... More

PART I: THE CHARACTERS
Introduction:
CHAPTER ONE:
CHAPTER TWO:
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN:
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
NME: ISSUE 3478
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
THE PRESS: WHAT HAPPENED? (TIME SKIP EXPLANATION.)
PART II: THE CHARACTERS
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY ONE
PART III: THE CHARACTERS
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
PLAYLIST:
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY SIX
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO
"ROLL WITH IT." : ROLLING STONE
PART IV: THE CHARACTERS
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY TWO
CHAPTER SEVENTY THREE
CHAPTER SEVENTY FOUR
CHAPTER SEVENTY FIVE
CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX
avery + liams home inspo
CHAPTER SEVENTY SEVEN
the timeline
NME: OASIS DONE FOR?
2009-
2009- part II
2009- part III
update/im writing a damon fic
Oasis Reunion
Farewell!
NOTICE: posted to all books

CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

859 27 65
By timeforariotghoul

We had made it to dinner far before Courtney and Ed. Despite us being ten minutes late, we were the first to our table in the pristine, yet packed bar we were currently seated in. I'd suggested going to The Viper Room and seeing whoever was playing tonight, getting drinks and all that.

Getting a little high,

You know, Courtney and I's usual idea of a good time?

However, she'd actually disagreed with me this time, saying that she couldn't go slagging her name through the mud all the time and now that she was an actress she couldn't be doing all the things Rockstars did. Which was stupid to me.

Her first job had been as Nancy Spungen's fictional friend in Sid and Nancy.

She had then gone on to be in 50 different bands before starting Hole.

Then married a Rockstar, became friends with rockstars and musicians, released three albums that were purely beautiful and ROCK.

Now she was acting as if she was too good for it, or like she was offended by the idea of being linked to it. In my opinion, it was stupid, yet kind of sad, no one was ever going to see Courtney Love as just an actress. Rock was always going to be apart of her career, no matter how far it went.

Part of me blamed Mr. Edward Norton for it. Despite the two dating since 1996, I had failed to see ANY of this man, he and I had never met, even on the Beautiful Monsters tour. I had a feeling he didn't like me, or my "habits".

Something I shouldn't mention is how Courtney has been dealing with this whole Nirvana Rights feud between her, Krist and Dave.

Now, it seemed she wanted everyone who knew anyone involved to pick a fucking side.

I, for one, was on Krist and Dave's side as from what I'd heard, Courtney had been pushing all the legal matters aside AND had argued that Kurt was Nirvana. Not the other two.

I loved her, I really did. But what the actual fuck?

Once again, I sent my blame to Edward Norton, seeing as word on the street was, he told her to tuck this shit under the rug, and to not deal with it. I'd actually heard that from someone who knew him, surprisingly enough.

Yet, we were finally having dinner and meeting at last.

Now, focusing back on the present, I look to see Matt sipping on his water, looking around for the couple.

"How late are they going to be? Did she say anything?" He asks

I shrug my shoulders "I have no idea. She's never been this late."

"We could get our first round of drinks, because Jesus, I've been waiting all day." He bends over and kisses me before getting up and going to the bar.

I mouth a thank you, watching as he strides off over to the bar, and it feels like forever until he comes back, his usual little grin stuck on his face, and when I look into his hands, he's got a basket of chicken tenders along with our drinks.

"You shouldn't have." I joke, moving in so he can set things down on the table.

"What? I was hungry and those two aren't showing anytime soon."

I nod my head, taking my drink and sipping on it, leaning back into my seat before taking a chicken tender out.

"Careful, they're probably hot." Matt warns, acting concerned for the condition of my hands. "Wouldn't you to burn your fingers. They're pretty talented."

Rolling my eyes, I say "Haha. Very funny." Before taking a bite and savoring the taste of apparently, LA's Finest Fucking Chicken Tenders.

"Are they that good?" He asks, noticing the expression on my face, going to grab one as well, and as he begins eating it, he speeds up, enjoying it just as much as I had. "Holy shit, Avery, we've found the holy grail."

I laugh at that one, nearly spitting out my drink. This is how it was with Matt, easier, more fun, carefree. I felt like I could be a person and someone wouldn't end up fighting me about it.

Or his brother wouldn't call me a whore in a dressing room.

Did he have a brother?

Also, Noel and I were good now, why the hell was I mentally dissing him?

My thoughts are disrupted by the sound of what sounds like an irritated Courtney Love, the tone of her voice sliding into my ears, causing me to jump up.

"I guess that's them." Matt says, nudging me as he reaches for another chicken tender.

"Courtney! Over here!" I raise my hand, motioning for the blonde and her companion to join us at the table. Only, they weren't alone?

Holding Courtney's hand was Frances Bean Cobain, a child whom I hadn't really seen in the flesh since 1996. The kid was always with her grandma, or Kurt's sister. To be honest, I never really liked going to Courtney's house. It scared me.

There was always shit everywhere, creepy dolls, ripped up notepads, cigarettes, drugs, a lock of Kurt's hair, and just random shit?

So I tended to avoid it. As much as possible.

Which was probably why I hadn't seen Frances.

But still, this was a bar, and it was like 8, maybe 9. Shouldn't the kid be in bed? She was what, 7 years old?

Matt puts on a smile, looking down at Frances as the group approaches, "Hey Kiddo! I'm Matt! What about you?"

She doesn't answer, instead, nervously looks up to Courtney who says "Frances hon, it's okay."

She sheepishly grins and then extends her hand and says "I'm Frances..Nice to..to meet you!" She laughs as Matt shakes his hand before going to slide into the booth we were seated at.

"So you must be the Edward Norton I hear so much about." I ask, looking at the man, now going to sit beside Courtney and Frances.

He nods, before reaching over to shake my hand as well "And you're Avery Pince. Heard so much about you. Maybe too much." He laughs as I shake his hand.

What the fuck did that mean? What was it supposed to mean?

Matt catches it too and shoots me a look, to which I respond by shrugging my shoulders. "Er, uh, I'm Matt. Nice to meet the both of you, I uh, enjoy your work."

Frances snickers a little, clearly enjoying the awkwardness of it all. I grin a little before Courtney says to her "Franny, you remember Avery right? She's practically your other aunt, mommy's best friend?"

Frances looks at me for a second before lighting up "Yep! I-I see you in the photos with my Daddy."

She had seen the photos of all of us. Of Courtney, Kurt and I. Or with me and him, I knew Courtney kept those tapes and photos, just didn't know that Frances had seen any of them yet.

Either way, it brings back pleasant memories, especially seeing as she looked so much like him.

"That'd be nice Miss Frances, besides you were so much tinier the last time I saw you!" I coo, "It was two years ago, but, don't think I forget when you were a baby!"

She seems happy and laughs a little, before Courtney turns to me and says "Sorry for springing this on you two, but we couldn't get a sitter and didn't want to cancel seeing as you two are heading off to Europe soon."

I laugh "It's honestly no trouble. She's sweet." I say softly. "Besides, we've had our drinks, maybe you'd all like some chicken tenders?"

Matt whines, clearly wanting to keep this basket for us, but I wave it off, passing it over to the other side of the table, to which Frances happily digs in.

Ed sits there, examining the two of us, contemplating on what to do or say, it looks like.

"Europe? Are you going back to England so soon?" He asks, looking at me, a clearly faked smile on his face.

Matt frowns. "Well, we're going to Italy to reshoot a few scenes for my new film." He says proudly.

"Oh of course. How is that going, by the way? I heard a few things..." he trails off, leaving Matt confused.

"Great, I honestly can't wait for it to be out. It's going to be amazing." He turns to kiss my cheek and then says "Besides, I'm glad this one is coming along to watch."

Ed grimaces before turning to Courtney and says "Do you remember your first film overseas?"

What? Was he seriously doing whatever this was? It seriously felt like he had problems with everyone at this table, and was now trying to come for Matt and his career.

Also, did Courtney even have films that were outside of the USA? I had doubts that they'd actually filmed Sid and Nancy in England. Or anything else she'd been in.

Matt rolls his eyes, used to behavior like this, which didn't make sense, seeing as he was in MOVIES with celebrities and actors WAY better than either of them were making themselves out to be.

Matt had literally been in a movie with Ed a couple years ago and now he was acting as if they were strangers.

And if he started coming for MY career, he wouldn't be able to.

I was getting overworked by this guy, who had seemingly driven rifts between Courtney and people who were very nice and very much cared about her.

But I was being serious, I had over 10 mother fucking VMAS, collections of song writing awards, AMAS, BBMAS and finally, my Grammy's.

That's right. My 5 Grammy's. Two of which were from WaitTime, the other three from ME. And my new album, the label expected to do just as well.

So why did I feel like Matt and I, both very accomplished people, were being treated like underdogs?

I didn't say anything, instead sipping on my drink, letting Matt continue talking, defending himself and everything.

Ed seems to have gotten the message and backs off a bit, however, Courtney seems to be looking distastefully at Matt. "Where's your golden globe nomination?"

I sigh, looking up at the ceiling.

"I've been nominated and won plenty of things, however, I'm hoping to get to that point soon enough Courtney." He laughs, finishing off his drink.

Matt and I weren't career obsessed and neither had Courtney ever been? Yet here we were and I felt like I was with a completely different person.

Hopefully, Frances wasn't paying too much attention to this conversation.

"Jude Law is in your new project, right?" Ed asks, raising an eyebrow.

Matt nods "He's brilliant. I'm really enjoying it. So far that is. Really excited to see him again though."

Ed nods "You two planning on hanging with them on your vacation? Stopping by in London?" He asks

What was this man's obsession with London?

Matt nods "I mean, we've discussed it. I know Avery has some friends she wants to see. Heck, I'd love to meet some of them."

Courtney chokes on her drink, nearly spitting it out, and laughs.

Was I missing something?

"That would make sense, seeing as you know, Noel Gallagher does live right by him. And I assume he's buddies with Avery because, well."

"Liam. Right." Matt says slowly.

Oh my god. Edward Norton was trying to stir the pot between us. That's why he was bringing up Liam.

"They're pretty rough aren't they? Those Gallagher's?" He asks, looking to me.

I shake my head no. "Absolutely not, we've had our differences. But they're always nice to me these days." I politely smile, now deciding to take a shot at Courtney, referencing what she so desperately tried to forget.

"Funny story, I do remember Courtney tackling Noel and kicking him in the-"

Courtney cuts me off "Very funny Avery."

Frances looks up from her lap and then towards me and Damon before saying "My mommy says you're really pretty for a lady who, uhh does a lot of coke."

Everyone's eyes widen.

"I drink coke, does that mean I'm going to look like Avery? I want to!" She gushes.

"You're too sweet." I say softly to Frances before glaring at Courtney "Really sweet."

What a fucked up thing to say to your kid, let alone about your best friend. Maybe it was my lack of time in LA, but I couldn't ever remember the people being this bitchy.

Matt and I had both seemed to have enough. I could tell by the look on his face.

Yet, Courtney and Ed seemed unbothered by all of this, as if it was normal.

"Well, we need to go. We've got a lot of packing to get to." Matt says quickly, standing up as I do the same, just wanting to get out of here.

"Yep. We've already paid so we're good to go. So um bye!"

Frances looks sad to be left all alone, so I sigh, turning to her and watching her duck under the table, coming to hug me. Which I accept happily.

"Thank you for letting me come." She says quietly

"It's no problem Bean," I say, using the nickname Kurt had given her as a child, purposefully not saying Franny.

"Bean? I think my daddy used to say that." She gets a little quiet.

"I know.." I whisper. "that's why I'm using it." I press a kiss to her forehead and then say "Hey, I'll talk to you soon, okay?" I promise, seeing as how Matt was ready to go.

She nods and then pulls away, slowly heading back into the booth, only onto my side of the table, where I'd been sitting.

As we exit the restaurant, Matt's arm slides around my waist loosely as I say "I'm so sorry about that."

He bursts out laughing "God I hate LA. The people here, fuck now anyone can be a jerk."

I snicker "Did he seriously try to act like you two hadn't met?"

"I know right! We were literally in the same movie! As co stars!" Matt exclaims, as we reach the car, climbing inside, before heading off, talking and laughing about the haunts of LA: pretentious actors, running from who they really are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 428 60
'๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ข ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ข ๐๐จ๐ง๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ.' Growing up with the two...
11.9K 363 23
Alison Baker is used to moving around because of her dad's job. In 1987 the family move to Manchester in her final year of school. It's not easy bei...
15.7K 417 21
Julia has good reason to be wary of Liam Gallagher. He's a hooligan whose track record is riddled with several flings, including one with her best fr...
6.3K 79 48
Hannah Thames....A girl living in Manchester who grew up with her friends who were basically her family, the Gallaghers. What happens when she tries...