I'll always love you (A 'Pear...

By NewWriterOnTheBlock_

This is about a navy nurse Emiellia (It's Amelia but spelled differently) Rogers, who ends up getting shipped... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A oneshot
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Hello (not a chapter)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Not a chapter (again)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Not a chapter
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Easter Oneshot
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 18

996 10 0
By NewWriterOnTheBlock_

Warning!!!
This is the start of December 7, (just the start of it) so just a fair warning.

Next chapter will, and I will put warnings on every chapter with what will be in it.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

——
As I sat there with my back against the door, I heard footsteps approach. I lifted my head up to see the person I didn't want to see at the moment.

"Em? Are you okay?" She asked me gently.

Anger and frustration burned in my core, as I lightly glared at her. I then stood up, brushed off my skirt, took off my heels, and walked away from her to my shared bedroom.

"Evelyn, I don't want to talk to you right now." I told her.

Before I was able to open the door, she grabbed my arm and all the pent up emotions, that were bottled inside me for a the last month, broke open.

"Evelyn, when I say I want to be left alone, it doesn't mean to come and follow me down the hallway to ask me what happened, when I obviously don't need your help!

Can't you see when enough is enough and when not to cross boundaries that aren't meant to?! So why don't you go back to bed and dream about the wonderful night you had with Danny in the parachute hangers, while I had to stand there and watch my relationship with him fall apart!"

The moment the words fled out of my mouth, Evelyn went pale as a sheet as shock painted across her face at my outburst.

My eyes widen as I placed my hand over my mouth and looked at her with regret and sadness.

"I-I'm so sorry." I whisper before retreating into the bedroom as I quickly got out of my clothes and into a silk nightgown.

The words plagued my mind as I crawled into bed and tried to sleep, but wasn't able to until 1:00 A.M., when my brain was able to rest.

That night, everything seemed to crash and burn, as emotions were tossed around and closed wounds seemed to open back up.

December 6, 1941

Closing the glass cabinet doors and fixing my apron, I turn my gaze to the clock for the time and to be surprised that it was only 12:40.

Shaking my head, I picked up the empty tray and placed it onto the cart, and grabbed my purse from the bed, to reapply a layer of lipstick.

Just before I was able to turn around, the sound of shoes hitting the tile floor started to approach me.

"May I help you?" I ask politely.

Just as I turn around, every fiber in my body froze as my breath hitched and tears started to collect on my waterline.

"Ethan?"

He gives me a smile and holds his arms out, giving permission to hug him. I rush over to him, with tears streaming down my cheeks, and hugged him hard.

"Hey, it's been a long time since I've seen you sis." He says, while hugging me back.

I chuckle a bit and bury my head into his shoulder as tears fell uncontrollably. After standing there hugging for a couple seconds, I pull away and wiped my tears away, smiling.

"So, what did you need, or did you find out I was here?" I tease him.

He laughed, "No, I did something to my hand, so I came here to see what was wrong with it."

I nod my head and point to one of the beds, telling him to sit there.

"Okay well, let me see it."

He shows me his injured hand as I gently grabbed it to get a better look.

He winced a bit as I gave him an apologetic look.

"Well, it just looks like you will need some ice, cause from the looks of it, you just bruised it." I tell him as I let go of his hand.

I told him to wait there for a second as I go grab some ice and once I get back to the room, I gently place the ice pack onto it.

"What did you do?" I ask him.

"Punched a guy." He said bluntly.

I roll my eyes and smile.

"Why am I not surprised you would do that." I say.

He chuckles.

"Well, you have known me since we were kids."

I nod my head.

"You know, it's good to see you again." He tells me.

"I agree." I pause for a second. "So this is where you have been for the past three years huh?"

He nods. "Well, for two years, the first year was training, but yeah."

We talked for a bit and by the time we finished talking, it was already 1 in the afternoon.

"Well, I should probably head back to my carrier, before I get asked why I took so long." He said standing up.

I walk with him towards the entrance as he stops and faces me.

"Which vessel are assigned to?" I ask him.

"USS California." He responds.

I nod my head and give him a smile.

"Well, I'll make sure to visit you." I say.

"Same, if I have time."

I giggle.

"Anyways, I better go. Maybe tomorrow we can hang out, like the old times." He offers and I nod my head.

"Yeah."

With one final look, he walks down the steps and away from the hospital.

I sigh with a smile on my face and walked back into the hospital and into my ward, but just as I walked in, a head nurse was standing there.

"Lieutenant Royal." She says and I nod my head, confirming it's me.

"Tomorrow, you will be assigned to USS Pennsylvania to help the doctor along with two other nurses."

"Yes ma'am." I say.

"Be here at 6 A.M. sharp. The doctor doesn't like to wait, but knowing you, I know you will do it." With that, she walks out of the ward, leaving me standing there.
-
I get back to the house around 3:30, ready for a nap, and once I walk in, the smell of chicken being grilled instantly made my stomach start to churn.

Without warning, I felt the urge to throw up and rushed to the bathroom.

I heard the sound of rushed footsteps and someone holding my hair back from my face with one hand, while the other rubbed my back.

"Just let it out, it's okay."

I knew who that voice belonged to as I knew it was Betty.

When I finished emptying my stomach, Betty handed me a cup of water to rinse my mouth out. I took it gratefully and started to swish the water in my mouth and spat it out in the sink.

After that, Betty decided that it was the best for me to head to bed.

I shook my head telling her that I was just fine, but she disagreed.

"C'mon, you need the rest, after what you did in the bathroom, you need to relax." She tells me.

Knowing I can't win an argument between Betty, I nod my head as she helps me to my bed.

I thanked her for her help as she leaves.

For a 19 year old, she is pretty mature for her age.
——
When I woke up from my nap, it was 6:00 P.M.

I sighed feeling a lot better, and got out of my bed heading to the kitchen. When I walked in, I saw a note on the counter with my name written in cursive.

Em,

The rest of us headed out to have some fun around town, so don't worry if you wake up with no one here.

Evelyn went to work a couple minutes before we went out.

We'll be back in a bit!
-Betty

P.S.

We left a sandwich for you in the fridge and some soup.

I smile at the generosity of my friends and went into the fridge and saw a sandwich on a plate, with soup sitting next to it. I grab them both and heated up the soup and started eating my supper.

After supper, I was still feeling a bit groggy, so I took a shower, headed to bed, and getting prepared for the busy day.

December 7, 1941; 5:30 A.M.

The sound of my alarm woke me up from my slumber as I woke up feeling refreshed.

I got out of bed and quietly grabbed a black pencil skirt and a long-sleeved white shirt.

I left the bathroom after getting dressed and putting on some make up, and in 10 minutes, I make it to the hospital to see three others that are coming with me, Loraine, Isabell, and the doctor.

"Ms. Lieutenant Royal, welcome. We will be leaving in a little bit, I just need grab something then we'll be out the door." The doctor said and left the room.

Isabell came up to me with a smile.

"Nice to see you again Lieutenant Royal."

I nod my head.

Isabell was the nurse who has worked here for three years and has heard all the great stories. She has been here since she was 20.

"Likewise." I respond.

December 7, 1941 7:54 A.M.

"Alright, that should be it." I say as I finished the last stitch on a sailor's arm.

Once we got to the docks, the doctor went to the USS California, while the three of us went to the USS Pennsylvania.

The male smiles. "Thank you ma'am."

I nod my head.

I then left the room to find where Loraine was to see how she was doing, and once I walked into the room she was in, she was just finishing taking off a guys bandage on his leg.

She must've noticed my presence as she walked up to me with a smile.

"Hey! Ready to-"

Suddenly a loud bang came from outside the ship, making Loraine and I jump. After that, multiple more went off.

Loraine and I rushed out from the lower deck and up to the top, but once we saw sunlight, I froze in place.

I placed my hands over my mouth in complete shock at the horrid sight in front of me,

Pearl Harbor was being bombed, and this was just the start.

~
This is where I'm going to end this chapter!Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter!
I hope you liked this story so far and have a wonderful day wherever you are!
Also, thanks for your patience

-NewWriterOnTheBlock_
(Word Count: 1783)
(P.S. I do not own the 2001 film 'Pearl Harbor' or its characters)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 243 12
(Y/N), test subject 054 finds himself trapped in a nightmarish experiment on an island near Inkopolis. The experiment's objective was to create an In...
5.9K 209 22
Working for a rich family like the Thompson's, knowing that she was just like them once was hard for Amelia. The fact that she now had nothing left a...
106K 6K 40
Pearl Blankenship, an autistic investigative journalist, witnesses the end of the world. Before the nuclear fallout can kill her, a mysterious being...
71.2K 2.9K 44
When you've been hurt, it's difficult to learn to love again. When you've felt pain, it's not so easy to be joyful. When your heart has been broken...