Chapter 9

(Picture above from Revival Vintage)

May 18, 1941

Journal Entry #48

After being in Hawaii for a couple weeks now, it has been the most amazing weeks in my life.

In the span of two weeks in Pearl Harbor, Danny took me on two dates since the kiss. With every date we went on, they were the best.

It would start with him coming to the house with flowers, then we would go on the date, then come back around 11 P.M.

Yesterday was a bit more busy than it has since we have arrived, but nothing serious won't probably happen while in Pearl.

Barbra thinks that we were brought here to meet more hot sailors, but Sandra thinks it's for a learning experience and "educational" purposes.

I'm my opinion, it's both, but I won't tell any of them.

Anyways, I should probably get going before Sandra scolds me.

-Signed,
Emiellia Rogers

"Emiellia are you writing in that journal again?" Sandra called out.

I jump a bit not knowing that she was behind me.

I place my red ribbon in a new blank page and closed my journal.

I turn to face Sandra, who has her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, but I had time." I explain to her.

She rolls her eyes and grabs my wrist lighting with her gloved hand.

"C'mon we are going to be late for church." She says and pulls me out of my room and out the door.

I wipe my hands against my navy blue dress (picture above) and put on my navy blue veil hat, that Betty got me for my birthday, and hearing my black heels hit the concert as we walk into the church with the other nurses.
~~
As we are walking out of the church, a shiver runs down my spine and it wasn't from the breeze either.

I lightly shake and Barbra looks at me with concern.

"You cold?" She asks me.

I look at her and shake my head giving her a light smile.

"No, I'm good." I answer her and she gives me a smile back.

"I'm no good a church." Betty comments.

"What do you mean sweetie?" Sandra asks.

Curious as well, I listen into the conversation.

"Well," Betty began. "Whenever I'm in there to get my slate wiped clean, I can't help but think about how I'm gonna dirty it up again." She says as I can hear a smirk on her ruby red lips.

She lightly giggles as I see Barbra roll her eyes.

"Words from a virgin." She mumbles, but I was able to hear her and I nudge her with my elbow.

"What?" She questions me. "It's true!"

I roll my eyes at her.

"We all know it is, let the girl dream." I say to her and she once again rolls her eyes at me.

"I've got inventory supplies." Evelyn tells us as she breaks off from our group.

"I'll come with!" I pipe in as everyone else groans at us when I join Evelyn's side.

"Could you two be any more boring?" Martha asked rhetorically.

"Yeah, but I won't say." I tease her as Evelyn and I start walking to the hospital.