Chapter 2

I look up from his chart to see his chocolate brown eyes and brown hair and I give him a polite smile.

"Are you nervous?" I asked him.

"No ma'am." He replied.

I raise an eyebrow at him keeping a smile on my face and he gulps silently knowing he's been caught.

"Yes ma'am." He admits.

I silently giggle and look at him again.

"Don't worry, I'll be gentle I promise." I say.

He looks at me with an incredulous look.

"Really? I mean you don't have to do that ma'am." He says rubbing the back of his neck.

I giggle at his adorable response and his cheeks become light pink, but he clears his throat to try to rid of his small blush.

"It's fine, don't worry about it, besides, it's okay to be nervous." I explain to him.

He sighs knowing that he isn't going to win this argument with a nurse.

"Okay."

I grab the syringe filled with the vaccine and I take a cotton pad and pumped two pumps of rubbing alcohol on it and wiped it on the bit of his butt.

"Okay you might feel a small pinch." I tell him.

He nods his head.

'Please do not pass out, please don't pass out, please don't pass out.' I repeat in my head.

I insert the syringe needle and injected the vaccine in his buttocks, then took out the needle and threw the syringe away, only to fill up another one for the next army pilot in line.

He pulls his white skivvies back up and turns to face me giving me another good look at his handsome features.

I lightly blush and snap out of it to
stamp his chart and hand the file to him.

"Thank you ma'am." He says showing the small gap between his two front teeth.

If blushing at his handsome face wasn't enough, I was gladly mistaken.

I look at him giving him a delicate smile, that danced on my ruby red lips, and lightly blushed again.

"You're welcome." I say.

He gives me one more quick smile, then leaves my station.

I snapped out of my thoughts and called for the next pilot in line to get inoculated.

"Now be gentle cutie." The pilot flirts followed by a flirtatious wink.

I roll my eyes and poke him hard and he yelps almost making me laugh.

'Oh my gosh, he's almost like that one pilot, but this one had squeaked a bit.' I say to myself.

"Oh my gosh did I poke too deep?" I ask sarcastically with a fake worried look.

"I-I think so ma'am." He stutters as he pulls up his skivvies and faces me with a pained look on his face while rubbing the spot.

I stamp his chart, then gave it to him.

"Rub the spot, it should help with the pain and the possible swelling." I say joking at the last part and he turns pale.

I held in another laugh and kept a smile on my face.

"Next!" I shout.
~
After giving Army pilots their shots, I moved to the eye exam station once, then back to the inoculation station.

After I finished inoculating the last pilot in my station, I walked around the corner going to talk with Evelyn, knowing she rotated to station 3 while I was one station away from hers, and just as I turned the corner, I saw a pilot in her station as he hit the side of a stainless steel hospital supply cart and held his nose while laying the floor.

"Oh, what did you do to him!" Barbra said coming in as to hearing the noise.

I face Evelyn, who had her hands on her mouth and looking at me with her eyes as big as saucers, with a shocked look.

I go over to the pilot along with Evelyn and Barbra to help him to his feet from where he fell with now a bleeding nose.

We help him back on his feet, when his friend came to a rushing stop in front of us.

'Isn't that the same pilot that was nervous about getting inoculated? Daniel I think his name was?' I inwardly questioned.

"Here I'll take him, thanks for your help." He says placing his friends' arm around his shoulder as his friend clutches his nose with his other hand and walks out.

Evelyn, who was still in shock of what happened, only nodded her head.

I snap her out of her own head, by bumping my elbow with the side of her arm and she turns her head to face me.

"What DID you do?" I tease her with a small smirk.
~

It was finally the end of the day and I was ready to get out of the hospital.

After all the pilots that flirted with me and the day just being excruciatingly long, I was ready to just head back to the hotel already.

"I'm so ready to head back to the hotel." I blurt out.

"Me too. With the amount of unattractive butts I had to see today, I think I'm ready to take a shower and get rid of the images from my head." Barbra complained.

We all giggle and got out of the warm hospital and into the chilly outside air.

As we were all walking down the steps of the hospital making small talk, when the same pilot that hurt his nose, with medical tape on it now shouting 'Hey' to us, but I knew it was to Evelyn.

He was holding a dark green bag in his hand and smiling even with the tape on his nose.

I nudge Evelyn with my elbow lightly.

"I think he's for you Ev. I'll see you back at the hotel." I say leaving with the rest of our nurse friends.

'I bet she's gonna fall in love with him.' I say to myself as I get into a taxi with my friends and the driver drives away from the hospital and back to the hotel where we were staying.
~
Thanks for reading
Sorry it's a little longer
-NewWriterOnTheBlock_
(Word count: 1038)
I don't own the characters from 'Pearl Harbor' except my own character.